The epic of Dzeko

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani is ready to play 'blink' with Manchester City over striker Edin Dzeko.

Galliani knows the Bosnian would welcome a move to the San Siro, but his €5.5 million-a-year wages are out of Milan's range.

However, Corriere dello Sport says Galliani believes a deal can be struck by avoiding coughing up a fee to City.

He will wait until the final week of the market before making his move: a take it or leave it offer of a 12 month loan with the option to sign Dzeko permanently for €21 million spread over three years

doing busines as usual :cool:

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
AC Milan's Dzeko loan bid rejected

Source: Football Italia

Milan’s attempt to take Edin Dzeko on loan has faltered, as Manchester City want only a €31.5m permanent deal, it’s reported.

According to Goal.com, the Rossoneri have made a bid to get in front of Juventus in the race for the unsettled striker.

Both Italian sides have been tracking the player ever since he was at Wolfsburg.

However, their offer to take Dzeko on loan with option to buy has not impressed Roberto Mancini and his club.

City paid £27m for the Bosnian centre-forward in 2011, so are determined to make back at least most of their money.

It is reported Manchester City have slapped a price-tag of £25m - €31.5m – on Dzeko.

Milan’s attempt to get him on the cheap is leaving the door wide open for Juventus to step in.

As Football Italia already reported, Dzeko is part of a potential transfer merry-go-round with Robin Van Persie and Alessandro Matri.

Crashie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We already signed to non-EU players, which means we can't get Dzeko anylonger

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
if dzeko doesn't come to milan, please don't let him go to juventus!!

noooooooooooooooooo!! :(

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, to obtain 26 year old forward Radamel Falcao Garcia, Manchester City are ready to offer to Atletico de Madrid 26 year old Edin Dzeko plus cash.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Inter Milan are lining up a bid for Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.

Despite the arrival of Tommaso Rocchi from Lazio, Gazzetta dello Sport says Inter president Massimo Moratti is prepared to splash out big this month for a new striker signing.

Dzeko is on his radar and Inter are set to approach City this week about opening negotiations for the Bosnian.

merda

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Inter will miss the CL again (other than Milan) and has no money for Dzeko.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Dzeko in Italy is near impossible considering his contract

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dzeko in Italy is near impossible considering his contract

He already agreed to join Inter next summer.. It's all set.
And the guy loves Italy and Serie A, he would take a wage cut to come here.

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Kaka, Maldini, Sheva, Cutrone, Romagnoli
Wtf is this thread?

We have the hardest time signing a striker from City who hasn't played half as good as this guy, someone with mental issues, someone who actually had a physiqual fight with his coach, someone who threw fucking darts at the younger team squad and we're even TALKING about buying Dzeko?

Madmen.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I'm probably one of the few,if not only ones, but I'd rather have 35 yo Drogba then Dzeko.

killerkid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He already agreed to join Inter next summer.. It's all set.
And the guy loves Italy and Serie A, he would take a wage cut to come here.

Not True,he is from my hometown Sarajevo,and my friend who is also Milanista like us,spoke to his father they play football together with some other friends for fun,and he told that Edin lives for the moment to play for Milan,and there is noo wayyy for him to Join Inter....,he turned down Jube and he turned down Inter..these are words from his father.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Not True,he is from my hometown Sarajevo,and my friend who is also Milanista like us,spoke to his father they play football together with some other friends for fun,and he told that Edin lives for the moment to play for Milan,and there is noo wayyy for him to Join Inter....,he turned down Jube and he turned down Inter..these are words from his father.

You replied to a post from almost a year ago.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
No thanks, he is average. We already have Pazzo

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
how is he avarage? if he would play 90min each match he would score much more, but at City it's almost impossible to play each week

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Nice goal today!

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Man City's Edin Dzeko deserves player award, says Jose Mourinho

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has claimed that Manchester City's Edin Dzeko would be a more deserving choice as player of the year than Liverpool's Luis Suarez.

Suarez, 27, won the Professional Footballers' Association player of the year award and will collect the Football Writers' award on Thursday.

"If the champion is City, then I would say a Man City player and if I have to choose, I choose Dzeko," said Mourinho.

The Portuguese would vote for Steven Gerrard if Liverpool are champions.
City need just a point at home to West Ham on Sunday to secure their second title in three seasons, but if they slip up, Liverpool can take the title if they beat Newcastle at Anfield.

Uruguay forward Suarez has scored 31 Premier League goals for Liverpool this season as the club look to win their first title since 1990.

Mourinho added: "Suarez is a very good player. They're not voting for a player who has no quality.

"But the profile of a player who wins the player of the year is not the profile of player who used to win in English football 10, eight or six years ago."

Mourinho has already been critical of Suarez this season, describing him as an "acrobatic swimming pool" diver and, prior to Chelsea's win at Anfield last month, suggested the striker goes in search of contact in the box.

Referring to Dzeko, Mourinho said: "The kind of player he is, he's not just a goal-scorer. He assists, he plays, he behaves, he's fair, doesn't dive, doesn't try to put opponents in the stands with an accumulation of cards.

"He was the third choice striker at the beginning of the season. He was hidden behind his manager's first choices and when the team needed him in crucial moments of the season, I think he made the difference.

"In this moment I think he has 16 goals. Sixteen goals for the third striker is something spectacular."

In appraising Gerrard, Mourinho described him as having "tremendous cold blood as a penalty taker".

"He had lots of them but with every penalty he was there for the team too and some of them were crucial," he added.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man City's Edin Dzeko deserves player award, says Jose Mourinho

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has claimed that Manchester City's Edin Dzeko would be a more deserving choice as player of the year than Liverpool's Luis Suarez.

Suarez, 27, won the Professional Footballers' Association player of the year award and will collect the Football Writers' award on Thursday.

"If the champion is City, then I would say a Man City player and if I have to choose, I choose Dzeko," said Mourinho.

The Portuguese would vote for Steven Gerrard if Liverpool are champions.
City need just a point at home to West Ham on Sunday to secure their second title in three seasons, but if they slip up, Liverpool can take the title if they beat Newcastle at Anfield.

Uruguay forward Suarez has scored 31 Premier League goals for Liverpool this season as the club look to win their first title since 1990.

Mourinho added: "Suarez is a very good player. They're not voting for a player who has no quality.

"But the profile of a player who wins the player of the year is not the profile of player who used to win in English football 10, eight or six years ago."

Mourinho has already been critical of Suarez this season, describing him as an "acrobatic swimming pool" diver and, prior to Chelsea's win at Anfield last month, suggested the striker goes in search of contact in the box.

Referring to Dzeko, Mourinho said: "The kind of player he is, he's not just a goal-scorer. He assists, he plays, he behaves, he's fair, doesn't dive, doesn't try to put opponents in the stands with an accumulation of cards.

"He was the third choice striker at the beginning of the season. He was hidden behind his manager's first choices and when the team needed him in crucial moments of the season, I think he made the difference.

"In this moment I think he has 16 goals. Sixteen goals for the third striker is something spectacular."

In appraising Gerrard, Mourinho described him as having "tremendous cold blood as a penalty taker".

"He had lots of them but with every penalty he was there for the team too and some of them were crucial," he added.

:thumbsup:
Dzeko does so much more than just scoring and being gokd at heading.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
rumors in the bosnian circuits that dzeko is headed to roma

i still always hoped he would go to milano

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score