Christian Abbiati Thread

mayweatherfats

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini seedorf inzaghi kaka pirlo t.silva van basten serginho rui costa cafu sheva
does anyone remember this?

1457541_o.gif

looks all too familiar.

its de javu ! Groundhog day for abbiati

mayweatherfats

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini seedorf inzaghi kaka pirlo t.silva van basten serginho rui costa cafu sheva
31 is not old for a goalie, its his best years, right age for a top club

Brazil
South American Youth Championship (1): 2011
FIFA U-20 World Cup (1): 2011

but hes too young BRAZIL 3 SEWDEN 0 FOR HIS FULL BRAZIL INTERNATIONAL DEBUT AUG 2012

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brazil
South American Youth Championship (1): 2011
FIFA U-20 World Cup (1): 2011

but hes too young BRAZIL 3 SEWDEN 0 FOR HIS FULL BRAZIL INTERNATIONAL DEBUT AUG 2012

Youth competition is at best a indicator for talent, not that you are ready enough to play for AC Milan and a international debut is naighter a reason to play him.

Furthermore, no reason to SHOUT, I understand you perfectly.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
31 is not old for a goalie, its his best years, right age for a top club

that's something that worries me....if these are his best years.....then we better get rid of him.....he made a lot of errors

on the otherhand...i really like abbiati (when he doesn't make errors)

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
that's something that worries me....if these are his best years.....then we better get rid of him.....he made a lot of errors

on the otherhand...i really like abbiati (when he doesn't make errors)

Abiatti is 35, my quote was aimed at a user who said we shouldn´t wait until Gabriel is 31.

I would roughly say age GK = age field player +4 years, you need some seasons practice to be reliable but it isn´t so athletic so you can do it up to a higher age.

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
http://www.football-italia.net/27633/abbiati-heading-milan-exit

This is gonna make lots of you guys happy!

Milan are reportedly considering showing Christian Abbiati the door at the end of the season once his contract expires.

The goalkeeper will turn 36 next July and the Rossoneri are seriously pondering the option of bringing in a younger replacement.

Abbiati has won almost everything possible while at Milan, a club he joined from Monza back in the summer of 1998.

The custodian, who has also enjoyed loan spells at Torino, Juventus and Atletico Madrid, could make a return to La Liga. Levante have been paired.

Milan are understood to be closely monitoring the performances of Atalanta’s Andrea Consigli and Genoa-owned Mattia Perin, who is currently on loan at Pescara.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
"According to CDS, If Abbiati renews the next year, it will only be to be a new young goal-keeper's teacher. Perin would replace him"

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
The amount of times this dude gets injured is shocking

Well..atleast he didn't cost us a sub this time round

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Kaka, Maldini, Sheva, Cutrone, Romagnoli
We shouldn't sack Abbiati for one poor match, remember his save against Hulk? Or against RVP last year? That's true worldclass, and think about howmuch money those 2 saves gave us.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
We shouldn't sack Abbiati for one poor match, remember his save against Hulk? Or against RVP last year? That's true worldclass, and think about howmuch money those 2 saves gave us.

Yea

He also cost us a number of crucial points

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Would definitely prefer he signs off like dida rather than get sold. If contract ends let him do things on his best interest but we need a new numero uno and he could take a back up spot

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Top class today

21-23

Shave the mohawks off!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Buffon
The sole reason why we have the one point today :star:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Yeah but he made me shit bricks everytime he had to clear the ball.

Abbiati needs to go.

Either Gabriel starts getting some chances, or we go for Perin or Consigli next season I guess.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but he made me shit bricks everytime he had to clear the ball.

Abbiati needs to go.

Either Gabriel starts getting some chances, or we go for Perin or Consigli next season I guess.

Abbiati is and will also be better than Perin, Consigli and Gabriel next season.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Abbiati is and will also be better than Perin, Consigli and Gabriel next season.

Abbi is a 95kg dude...he's too heavy for a GK...he's getting too old and inconsistent

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score

Ok maybe, but the season after Abbiati will confirm to me that he is finished and he is unmotivated.

Perin and Consigli and Gabriel would have gained some experience by then, if they fail oh well, but at least its a worthwhile investment, thats where intuition comes into play.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
I know everybody is fixed on Perin, but in our situation consigli makes more sense.

We can swap him with amelia and let him push abbiati for the starting role with young gabriel remaining third, but a closer second than this season.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
From what ive seen of Perin, he is good at stopping shots from distance, a big guy who makes himself big, which is what Milan generally go for. Consigli seems to be the one who depends more on reflexes and staying on his line, but he is a smart and confident keeper as well, Perin looks more cocky.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
From what ive seen of Perin, he is good at stopping shots from distance, a big guy who makes himself big, which is what Milan generally go for. Consigli seems to be the one who depends more on reflexes and staying on his line, but he is a smart and confident keeper as well, Perin looks more cocky.

cocky is good for a gk

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent performance, even the statue moment was superbly outlined!!

He still has 2 seasons :star:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know everybody is fixed on Perin, but in our situation consigli makes more sense.

We can swap him with amelia and let him push abbiati for the starting role with young gabriel remaining third, but a closer second than this season.

Just basing on what I have seen from Perin and what I saw from Consigli against us; they seem like pretty good GKs. Perin has the bigger ceiling plus I think he has his fundamentals better than Consigli. I think Consigli a good perforamce against us; however, most of our shots from outside, he kept leaving them rolling around the area.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Just basing on what I have seen from Perin and what I saw from Consigli against us; they seem like pretty good GKs. Perin has the bigger ceiling plus I think he has his fundamentals better than Consigli. I think Consigli a good perforamce against us; however, most of our shots from outside, he kept leaving them rolling around the area.

Consigli will always be Consigli, Perin has potential of becoming something better

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
consigli is older so ofcourse he has less of a ceiling we need a keeper now not a potential one.

consigli could easily come and push amelia out of second spot and thats what we need.

Perin wouldnt be ready to start for Milan for probably another 2-3 years atleast.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
consigli is older so ofcourse he has less of a ceiling we need a keeper now not a potential one.

consigli could easily come and push amelia out of second spot and thats what we need.

Perin wouldnt be ready to start for Milan for probably another 2-3 years atleast.

I'd take the chance...
You can't win without taking risks...
+ we could get them both...Amelia +0.5 for consigli and perin for some cash and some mediocre youth (In 2-3 years Perin might be worth too much for us, see Buffon at 23)

Schedule