Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
Does he have a Bosniak passport? Does he say that he's Bosniak? What proof do you have that he's Bosniak.

Bosniak simply means Bosnian Muslim.

The Balkans is a very diverse region. In Bosnia, there are Bosniaks, Serbs, and Croatians. In Serbia, there are Bosniaks, Serbs, and Croatians. It's also the same in Croatia.

Adem Ljajic is a Bosniak, you can tell from his name.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone think he'd score a goal this season?

From 09/10, I used to dread thinking of Abate scoring in a game I didn't watch. I'm hoping he scores a goal this season - his closest goals were his "shot" against Inter in 10/11, his drive vs Lecce in 11/12 (which Boa scored his hattrick), Even had a drive against Bologna away in 11/12 that made me smile.

I think in his first season he was really close - in the game that Huntelaar scored from far away he caused an own goal. It was away and we won 3-2 (iirc - all in the first half)... also in the CL group stages he had a cross kept off the line (think it was Zenit). Maybe I'm trying to imagine this scenario but I think he also caused an own goal for the opposition. That was also an away game. edit - this is the same bloody scenario I described a sentence earlier.

Ignazio Abate come back and score. It's gonna be his 5th season since his Leonardo breakthrough :eek:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Bosniak simply means Bosnian Muslim.

The Balkans is a very diverse region. In Bosnia, there are Bosniaks, Serbs, and Croatians. In Serbia, there are Bosniaks, Serbs, and Croatians. It's also the same in Croatia.

Adem Ljajic is a Bosniak, you can tell from his name.

Adem is a common name, there are even Albanian people named Adem ... and Albanians are not Slav.
Is Mesut Ozil a Turk or a German? To me, he is a German ... it doesn't matter whether he sings the anthem or not, the shirt that he wears and the country he represents is Germany.
Saying that in Germany there are plenty of Turks and that Mesut Ozil's name is Turkish (both true statements) doesn't make Ozil a Turk.

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
Adem is a common name, there are even Albanian people named Adem ... and Albanians are not Slav.
Is Mesut Ozil a Turk or a German? To me, he is a German ... it doesn't matter whether he sings the anthem or not, the shirt that he wears and the country he represents is Germany.
Saying that in Germany there are plenty of Turks and that Mesut Ozil's name is Turkish (both true statements) doesn't make Ozil a Turk.

I meant the surname is a common Bosniak name. Are you denying Ozil is Turkish? :lol: He is a German of Turkish origin, so it's not a crime to point out that he is of Turkish descent.

Even if you want to point out that his name Adem is common among Albanians, you must know that this is because the Ottoman Empire had great influence over Bosnia and Albania. It is not surprising that Bosniaks and Albanians are closer to each other than to any other group in the Balkans.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I meant the surname is a common Bosniak name. Are you denying Ozil is Turkish? :lol: He is a German of Turkish origin, so it's not a crime to point out that he is of Turkish descent.

Even if you want to point out that his name Adem is common among Albanians, you must know that this is because the Ottoman Empire had great influence over Bosnia and Albania. It is not surprising that Bosniaks and Albanians are closer to each other than to any other group in the Balkans.

Being of Turkish origin and being Turkish are two different things.

I said Ljajic is Serb because he represents Serbia... the same way that Ozil is German because he represents Germany ... or that Behrami is Swiss because he represents Switzerland ... Is Mario Barwuah Balotelli Italian or Ghanian ... Is Zinedine Zidane French or Algerian?

If you guys wanna talk origins, I can save some time for all and tell you that everyone originated from the monkey :)

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
Does he have a Bosniak passport? Does he say that he's Bosniak? What proof do you have that he's Bosniak.

Well, this is what you said and I responded. He is a Bosniak Serb. It's as simple as that.You can't have a Bosniak passport, it's an ethnicity.

He does represent Serbia but he is not an ethnic Serb, he is a Bosniak from what is present-day Serbia.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
(regarding the previous conversation)Mario Gomez is sooooo German

Abate played a Major part in ses's goal but f-d up plenty of times

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
impressed with that pass, just perfect

did ok, but didn't at full speed, hope he will be ready for the next game

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great performance, 2nd best behind SES
very underrated here.. Milan youth product :proud:
Will be a senatore, kinda already is in fact

shao

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Gattuso, Shevchenko, SuperPippo,Kaka.....
Has milan lab finally installed AI in his brains ??

Kidding, excellent game to be honest.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Abate is boss!

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
(regarding the previous conversation)Mario Gomez is sooooo German

Abate played a Major part in ses's goal but f-d up plenty of times

Once

-------------

Abate was also the one that gave the ball that SES dummied and balo gave him the chance with the lob. He can pass better than he is given credit for around here...

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
he alway play with his heart, his love with milan's colour. deserve a compliment!!! great match!!!

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Haha some idiots called Galliani stupid for not selling to PSG and Zenit, he is a talented player granted sometimes lacks some intelligence but has the heart always bombing up and down fighting for every ball

albmovi

Banned
Reaction score
Haha some idiots called Galliani stupid for not selling to PSG and Zenit, he is a talented player granted sometimes lacks some intelligence but has the heart always bombing up and down fighting for every ball

Stupid users, they prefer to sell Abate and not Bonera. :fp:
I said many times Abate is our best defender for now.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Abate didn't expect quick comeback
By Football Italia staff

Milan defender Ignazio Abate has conceded his surprise at returning from injury so quickly.

The 26-year-old was laid low all preseason thanks to a dislocated shoulder, but the full-back has claimed that he is excited to be back and can’t wait for the season to start properly.

“I did not expect to come back feeling so well,” he told Milan Channel. “I did not think I’d be back so quickly.

“The Coach has really given me a lot of confidence.

“Against Verona we are expecting a great game. We are an amazing group who are united and have trained well.”

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Nowhere in defence => H.Verona's 2nd goal

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Can go up the pitch extremely quickly - his first touch always always is a control the ball touch, second touch is the touch he does from a stationary position. To be fair though, he gets straight passes or lobs from his left side.

Just wish he could drop back faster, he has the problem of dropping back for a very long time.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Can go up the pitch extremely quickly - his first touch always always is a control the ball touch, second touch is the touch he does from a stationary position. To be fair though, he gets straight passes or lobs from his left side.

Just wish he could drop back faster, he has the problem of dropping back for a very long time.

I miss that so much! .. 10-11, he was so much more determined.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
id pay for a abate vs verona compilation with benny hill music at the back

just imagine how bad their ankles must hurt from all blocked crosses

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Abate was honestly top 3 best players, guy did work