Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Meh, this year he has played pretty badly, not sure if he was afraid of getting injured again. Even against Atletico Madrid, when we lost 1-0, the goal is due to his bad header.

When he is in good shape, he's very solid defensively , however his contribution in attack has always been minimal due to his horrible crosses.

I'd rather we get 10+ mill for him, but worst case scenario we get 8 mill and let him go. The problem is that no matter how much PSG or other club wants to spend, Raiola is the one that doesn't want the price to get too high so that the rest of the money can go towards Abate's salary (and Raiola's commision)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Abate: "I'll say the same thing as Montolivo said: we can stay calm as long as Galliani is here at Milan."

Assholes, both of them.

Sell.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Abate: "I'll say the same thing as Montolivo said: we can stay calm as long as Galliani is here at Milan."

Assholes, both of them.

Sell.

Abate will never betroy Galliani.

anyway, respect for abate, he said that he dont want to leave milan for psg or any other team, de sciglio said that he will leave if he gets any offer from real madrid.

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
It's amazing how much people bitch about Ignazio and not about Muntari, Essien, Constant, Honda, etc...

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is this a hint that Abate and Montolivo were the ones Seedorf had a dispute when Galliani came in to 'advise' the coach?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's amazing how much people bitch about Ignazio and not about Muntari, Essien, Constant, Honda, etc...

Muntari and Honda also get more shit than they deserve.

Is this a hint that Abate and Montolivo were the ones Seedorf had a dispute when Galliani came in to 'advise' the coach?

Seedorf almost caused Abate to be out of the World Cup "because players should only play on their right position" and attempted to bench the Captain after the annual Chievo trashing without him. Of course there was a dispute.

Monto invited him to his wedding though and the whole thing doesn't seem personal - just Seedorf being incompetent.

Still, FUCK SEEDORF

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Muntari and Honda also get more shit than they deserve.

Seedorf almost caused Abate to be out of the World Cup "because players should only play on their right position" and attempted to bench the Captain after the annual Chievo trashing without him. Of course there was a dispute.

Monto invited him to his wedding though and the whole thing doesn't seem personal - just Seedorf being incompetent.

Still, FUCK SEEDORF

Don't think anything was personal tbh, Just seedorf had different Ideas in mind, I do prefer pippo to seedorf but some of the hate on this board is horrible towards him, he's done his job as caretaker and did an ok job.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
defensively he s ok to good, nothing extraordinary,

but he s so awful when attacking, it s really painful to watch how bad he is

that 8 mil seems like a huge deal, should take it and run.

but knowing our management we ll probably bring mesbah back in his place

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no problem if he's sold to psg, I'll lose my shit if he goes to juve for free, because the fucker will probably play his best football there :fp: :lol:

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
His comments about Galliani pissed me off.

Probably because he knew G would give Seedorf the shaft, and in all honesty Seedorf had issues with Abate and Monto...

It's human nature, if someone treats you like shit you want to fuck them over. It's bad but it's just how most people behave. It just seems in Milan it happens quite often of late.

Look at it from Abates point of view, he almost fucked up his WC chances by benching him.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I have no problem if he's sold to psg, I'll lose my shit if he goes to juve for free, because the fucker will probably play his best football there :fp: :lol:

because they have a coach who gets the best out of his players

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bpo037DIAAIald6.png

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
^

He just lost the desire, he is not the same player that leonardo turned into RB, he is not even as fast as he use to be(been saying this).

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I don't think you can blame him when Foddochia just gave the ball away. Naturally people are going to be out of position leading to confusion over who is watching who.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
I don't think you can blame him when Foddochia just gave the ball away. Naturally people are going to be out of position leading to confusion over who is watching who.

though I agree with your overall assessment, Abate is constantly out of position on the counter

When I see that picture, I'm not even surprised.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
though I agree with your overall assessment, Abate is constantly out of position on the counter

When I see that picture, I'm not even surprised.

That's because with this system, Abate (inc Darmian) is extending while Motta is supposed to drop back. Abate hasn't been bad really. He almost scored at the end of the half and he has started the 2nd well.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
That's because with this system, Abate (inc Darmian) is extending while Motta is supposed to drop back. Abate hasn't been bad really. He almost scored at the end of the half and he has started the 2nd well.

My statement was based on how he plays for Milan not Italy.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
hope he stays and plays with alex mattia and rami as the back 4.

Need to replace Monto more than we need to replace a good right back.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Moltoooooo bennnnneeeeeeeee

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
hope he stays and plays with alex mattia and rami as the back 4.

Need to replace Monto more than we need to replace a good right back.

If his performance against Costa Rica does not convince G that he needs to sell Abate ASAP, I do not know what will do.

I like Abate as a person but he has reached his ceiling and there is nothing more to improve.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
If his performance against Costa Rica does not convince G that he needs to sell Abate ASAP, I do not know what will do.

I like Abate as a person but he has reached his ceiling and there is nothing more to improve.

still a very good right back to rotate with mattia, if we sell abate, and mattia gets hurt, which seems likely, who plays right back?

Bonera?

Hoplite

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yes Bonera, hes surprisingly better at RB than CB. And GTFO Abate

Schedule