Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
conte 3-5-2 :b:

he can do well there, but not as a player in the back 4. cannot defend. seems he can, but in every 2nd game he makes a mistake that can cost his team a goal. fuck that kind of defender.

Also, he fights and runs like hell. Respect.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
silvio doesnt like 3 defenders.

he didnt get along with zac because of this

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
silvio doesnt like 3 defenders.

he didnt get along with zac because of this

I know silvio likes 2 strikers formation, but I never remember he hates 3 defenders

zach won scudetto with 3 man defense, and didn't majority of serie A sides back then using 3 man defense ?? not 3-5-2 but 3-4-1-2, golden era of trequartista

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I know silvio likes 2 strikers formation, but I never remember he hates 3 defenders

zach won scudetto with 3 man defense, and didn't majority of serie A sides back then using 3 man defense ?? not 3-5-2 but 3-4-1-2, golden era of trequartista

actually was a little worst.. he used 343 with leo.. morfeo and even boban as rw untill half of the season.. then the players decided that another attack system should be used.. boban and leonardo as trequartista.. i remember the commentator in several games taking about berlusconi not agreeing with the system.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lesione alla coscia di pato o una cazzata simile. 2 weeks out

Shame. I want to see him and antonelli together asap.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Why haven't we given this guy a new contract yet? With all the problems we've had in the fullback positions lately, he should have been extended way back in the summer. Instead we're at risk of losing him for free.
Meanwhile Boneras and Muntaris get countless extensions...our management is a fuckin joke :fp:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Why haven't we given this guy a new contract yet? With all the problems we've had in the fullback positions lately, he should have been extended way back in the summer. Instead we're at risk of losing him for free.
Meanwhile Boneras and Muntaris get countless extensions...our management is a fuckin joke :fp:

One word, Raiola. For me Abate's not renewing as simple as that. If he is, expect De Sciglio to be sold. Now that Antonelli was also signed, De Sciglio and Abate will fight for the right side and Galliani is probably thinking that one of the two is extra.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
In my opinion, extend abate's contract isn't wise solution. Abate has trouble with his fitness in through 3 year recently. Anh his muscle has problem. Although I still like him as player who give his all ( but a lot player better than him with darmian...). Galliani is bad management!

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
One of the dumbest footballers I have ever seen play in any league. Headless Chicken. Has pace to burn yet still doesn't utilise it. This may be his best season with 4 assists... too little too late. Sure he gives his all but this aint elementary school... it's clear his best aint good enough.

But hey he's italian so he gets a pass right. Lets single out the foreigners for criticism only.

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah
+1

about this season assist i think.....even a blind chicken sometimes finds corn lol

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wtf am I reading ?

Darmian much better than Abate ?

Abate is clearly the problem this season.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Yes. Glad he renewed. Best of luck

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I've always like Abate. But for sure, he's got big holes in his game. It's a shame that he didn't develope better than this.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This season, or at least the first 10 ish games was the best Abate has ever showed at Milan.
Then his form dropped a bit and he spent half of the season out injured as usual.. he always seem to pick up some muscular injuries

It's a good move if he renews, would be stupid to lose him on a free.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
yeey will remain my favorite player in fifa. this beast can stop neymar, hazard, cristiano.. you name it.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Wtf am I reading ?

Darmian much better than Abate ?

Abate is clearly the problem this season.

definitely darmian is better than abate. i like abate who alway give his all. but in term of technical, abate is bad. but the most problem now its his fitness.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Abate is decent. There's not many better RB's available for our budget to justify let him go.

Look at how many time we spent till find a LB. And who knows if Antonini will still play like that next season.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
definitely darmian is better than abate. i like abate who alway give his all. but in term of technical, abate is bad. but the most problem now its his fitness.

I'm not sure that Darmian is superior in one single aspect to Abate.

His technique isn't bad at all for a fullback.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Abate is decent. There's not many better RB's available for our budget to justify let him go.

Look at how many time we spent till find a LB. And who knows if Antonini will still play like that next season.
:lol: :D

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
So, is he staying for sure?

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

+1 still a solid choice for RB and we can spend money on other much needed department. RB is the least of our problem atm

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You have to be a dumbest C4C-tard to not want Abate to renew(on same or slightly higher wage)

ACMagnifico

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu Zambrotta Dida Nesta Pirlo Maldini Pato Robinho Menez Gattuso Ibra Balo Abate
he'll be making his 200th appearance for milan saturday.

will be one to forget for sure

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
I don't mind Abate staying. Him and Antonelli are okay.

De Sciglio should be sold instead.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Abate rifiuta Inter e rinnova col Milan

CEvqruxWYAMDbOB.jpg:large

he will sign a contract next week.

Last edited:

Schedule