Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
brescia-milan-eurotips.jpg

Continue the momentum

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Now how do you fit rebic, leao, samu and ibra?

4-2-4 is the way forward.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Dear Brescia brothers please give us the 3 points. Grazie

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Aaah the Dilemma del Pioli.
Wouldn’t be too surprised if he started Piatek with Rebic up front. Probably thinking; rest Zlatan who lacked end product, give Piatek minutes while he’s in form, start Rebic bc he was the Milan hero plus only played 45minutes, and bring in Leao later on as a super sub.
But then again it would be contradictory to drop Zlatan who’s a leader on the pitch, and dropping Leao after a good performance feels dirty. Maybe Zlatan and Rebic get their first starter partnership.
One things for sure, I wld hate to see Rebic not start or played out of position after two good showings up front.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be too surprised if he started Piatek with Rebic up front. Probably thinking; rest Zlatan who lacked end product, give Piatek minutes while he’s in form, start Rebic bc he was the Milan hero plus only played 45minutes, and bring in Leao later on as a super sub.
But then again it would be contradictory to drop Zlatan who’s a leader on the pitch, and dropping Leao after a good performance feels dirty. Maybe Zlatan and Rebic get their first starter partnership.
One things for sure, I wld hate to see Rebic not start or played out of position after two good showings up front.
This is piatek in form?

No tnx.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Is there any reason not to play Zlatan-Leao up front?
Yeah, Zlatan failed once to score a goal vs Udinese - but do you still remember Piatek playing 1199 minutes with just one goal from open play?
Zlatan did a great job with holding the ball near the penalty box - a job Piatek just can't do.

For now it's Zlatan > Leao > Rebic >>> Piatek. With this hierarchy it'd be strange, not to say idiotic, to field a duo Rebic-Piatek in an important game. Don't get too cocky, scoring goals against SPAL reserves doesn't prove anything, against Brescia it will be much harder to perform. Too hard for some players I guess.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

The reason is Rebic, he took his chance so he needs to be rewarded. You can’t not start the best player from our last game. Coaching101.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The reason is Rebic, he took his chance so he needs to be rewarded. You can’t not start the best player from our last game. Coaching101.

Yeah, that's why Rebic will start as LM and we'll play just like we played in 2nd half v/s Udinese. Again, there is no reason not to play with Leao-Zlatan in attack.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why Rebic will start as LM and we'll play just like we played in 2nd half v/s Udinese. Again, there is no reason not to play with Leao-Zlatan in attack.

That’s a possibility in a 4222, but it would leave us so exposed it’s not even funny. Regardless, why would you play Rebic out of position when he outscored all our forwards playing central

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
That’s a possibility in a 4222, but it would leave us so exposed it’s not even funny. Regardless, why would you play Rebic out of position when he outscored all our forwards playing central

Mostly because he didn't - he scored both goals while changing positions with Leao. Same trick can work out against Brescia.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Mostly because he didn't - he scored both goals while changing positions with Leao. Same trick can work out against Brescia.

They can change all they want, neither of them tracks back and knows how to defend.
It would be a shame not to play Rebic near the goal where he shines brightest just for the sake of starting Leao.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Yeah, Zlatan failed once to score a goal vs Udinese - but do you still remember Piatek playing 1199 minutes with just one goal from open play?
Zlatan did a great job with holding the ball near the penalty box - a job Piatek just can't do.

For now it's Zlatan > Leao > Rebic >>> Piatek. With this hierarchy it'd be strange, not to say idiotic, to field a duo Rebic-Piatek in an important game. Don't get too cocky, scoring goals against SPAL reserves doesn't prove anything, against Brescia it will be much harder to perform. Too hard for some players I guess.

I concur with this.

There's no need to try impede the chemistry that Leao & Ibra are rapidly developing for the sake of shoehorning a loan player into the side.

Rebic played well and took his chance last game, but it seems like he cannot play as a LM in a 442. It's too narrow for a player like him and we'd be quite open defensively on the left side considering Theo will surge forward and neglect his defensive duties.

Have Rebic as a super sub once again. Coming off the bench, he's the extra weapon we need.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Have Rebic as a super sub once again. Coming off the bench, he's the extra weapon we need.

You’re entitled to your opinions but I doubt that’s what Pioli chooses. It’s illogical and just plain out cold. He saved our skins and you would stick him to the bench.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

-----------------------------Ibra--------------------------
------------------Leao------------------------------------
---Rebic------------Bonaventura---- Bennacer-----------Samu
---Hernandez------Romagnoli-----Kjaer-----------------Conti
-------------------------Donnarumma--------------------------

It's the only position i see Jack doing well, and i'm willing to bet Pioli will want to play him. I'd much rather have a proper there, but we have none in our squad atm, and its not looking like we will actually sign anybody for that position.

Maybe if Suso fucks off, but i doubt it.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

Well you don’t necessarily start with them all

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It's the only position i see Jack doing well, and i'm willing to bet Pioli will want to play him. I'd much rather have a proper there, but we have none in our squad atm, and its not looking like we will actually sign anybody for that position.

Yes, this guy gets it.

Its not pretty but should be entertaining.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
To drop either Zlatan or Leao would be utter lunacy

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

one midfielder formation, impressive

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If Pioli thinks he can accommodate Rebic at LM, then play him there. Otherwise, the only potential change should be Hakan over Bonaventura.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Why don’t they sign a DM already? It’s like our primary need.

Also Bonaventura sucks and should start far away from the starting 11. He lacks the legs for any position now

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I’d put Krunic next to Ismael.
Krunic has physicality and aggression to stand there. Also he can channel the defence and attack in a positive way.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
42-fantasia all the way against Brescia with no Balotelli.

Who cares if you concede as long as you outscore the opponent right :b:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I’d put Krunic next to Ismael.
Krunic has physicality and aggression to stand there. Also he can channel the defence and attack in a positive way.

Can't be worse than Kessie, but I'm disappointed at Krunic's workrate so far. Expected more.

Weird that we're not throwing ourselves after solid DMs this window.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Why don’t they sign a DM already? It’s like our primary need.

Also Bonaventura sucks and should start far away from the starting 11. He lacks the legs for any position now

Still think he can bring something to the team. But he's still not at 100 percent since coming back from the long layoff.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Start transfer talks with Brescia over Tonali after the game

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

wait, what?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Ibra has been doing way more than just his end product. We move up the pitch by thumping the ball up to him. How on earth can we do that with Piatek? He spends half the game on the floor clutching his face hoping for a foul. No thanks.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
3-4-1-2 is where it's at for this team. Pioli won't do it, but it fits the best.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Schedule