Reaction score
SxzZwVF.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/iy9jOjG.gif

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Is there a balloon d'or for a 6 game stretch?
Because right now this man is the best player in the world ��

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
His long balls seems to have improved a lot as well. Some of them has been brilliant lately

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
His long balls seems to have improved a lot as well. Some of them has been brilliant lately

They?ve always been pretty good. His passing technique and vision have been underrated. Technically he is very good and the only technique he lacks is shooting (ironically not today though). His problems have always been bad decision making in the final third and having to play way too high up to make up for the lack of legs in the attack.

Now that he?s playing a more reserved role he?s showing his true potential which isn?t really that surprising when you look at his game over the years. His final third selfishness and brain farts have clouded people?s judgements towards him and made them overlook all the great midfield work he does and is capable of doing.

I?ve always felt that long term he would make a great anchor but he?d have to go through some growing pains to get there. However the double pivot role with the slightly more defensive role on the left side suits him really well and I hope we continue to play with this more simplified midfield setup than a 3 man with an anchor (because a currently complete anchor right now is almost impossible to find)

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
:star:

Totally agree, Colossus, except I don't entertain the idea of him being an anchor.

Nevertheless albeit being a total Franck supporter since day 1 I've still managed to get pleasantly surprised by the execution of some of his long balls that also required very good vision. Confidence is such an important thing.

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
3 years on, still more garbage than kucka.

Had a strong feeling Italy never knows what they are talking about.

Poor marking. Poor passing. Poor positioning. Sell

I keep track of my own comments, really.

It's always nice to go back and review what I wrote to see if anything has changed or it has become conventional wisdom.

I see it's become conventional wisdom that he isn't very good and "whole of Italy" was wrong.

Lol @ trying to justify spending 30 mil on a guy who can't pass, defend, shoot as not a horrible deal in hindsight because he can run every week and fail at both ends of the pitch.

This was evident under montella and rino as well btw. He was new under montella who everyone hated so his lack of skills were ignored and rino for the most part had a decently organized defense so his failures didn't hurt us as bad.

He's a flop signing. But maybe not the worst flop signing. That honor belongs to Silva, caldara, Conti and maybe now Piatek. The latter 3 with similar big hype around "whole of Italy". :proud:

As I had been screaming hoarse through the summer, he's such an obvious unfit to the style of the manager that our inability to sell him was one of our biggest failures of last summer market.. right after our inability to sell Suso.

Now we'll just end up selling him for peanuts next summer.

e_mxAeA5Zu9Q2qKNwFA02Gygv9s6r2oylqbBYo8o_vNdGWGk2cOdJVLtm0IMPLDiAVsyktc

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
He’s an absolute stud, one of the reasons why we’ve been great since the restart. He was actually playing really nice before it too but he’s growing in confidence every game now, it’s amazing to see the growth.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As I had been screaming hoarse through the summer, he's such an obvious unfit to the style of the manager that our inability to sell him was one of our biggest failures of last summer market.. right after our inability to sell Suso.

Now we'll just end up selling him for peanuts next summer.

I tried to convince him that Kessie was great, but he thought he knew better.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
y u do this Frank...

giphy.gif

Actually I see a pattern.
He's right-footed, but his position is often forcing him to shoot with his left or try the impossible/difficult angles with his right. He could prevent a lot of these embarrassing moments through some self-awareness and humility, but I think it's also a sign that he has been playing in the wrong position.

Moving him to LCM was a smart move from Pioli. I think Kessie, and everyone else, will benefit from it in the long run.
Shame it's not noticed in that sequence, due to the corner.

We're finally seeing the benefits of him playing on the left side of the pitch.
The LCM / left-mezzala experiment failed miserably, he was a disaster positionally so Pioli moved him back to RCM in December.
Left mid of a double pivot system on the other hand is a more defined role which he clearly finds easy to interpret and excel in.
He now receives passes from the right direction and gets good angles with his right foot.
Those two open play goals against Juve and Parma were only possible due to his starting point from the left.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

He's proven me wrong, and many others. Happy to admit it but you can't deny he was largely frustrating to watch for some of last season and most of this season pre-break. Goes without saying the whole team wasn't doing well but yeah. Bi-polar rnb at it again. Very happy he's found a role that makes him shine and has been phenomenal.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Scored against juve, napoli, Parma. I cannot put in words how im inlove This guy (always unlike some)

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Sheer power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Current climate has changed him for the better. It's difficult to overstate how good he's been since the resumption.

Covered the most distance for Milan yesterday (11.4km) and showed no signs of fatigue, efficent in the final third, very progressive in his play, both passing and ball carrying, always making himself available to receive the ball and a defensive juggernaut. All in all, that's what a bonafide box-to-box midfielder should look like.

His recent games can be used as a solid indicator that we're finally seeing that player we desired to see when we signed him for €28m.

It took 3 years, but better late than never.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
simple video edit idea: put pellegati's commentary on that seedorf goal over kessie rocket