Sandro Tonali Thread

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Why didn't you mention the amazing defence splitting pass to create our opening goal in the away game against Lille? You seem like you just hate him.

I agree he has to show a lot more but he's plenty of time to get there.

Because thats his only benefit till now playing like 10 games, if im going to praise him for that and discard the other bad performances where he got worst man of the matches and lost the ball frequantly in dangerous areas thats mean im baised not a fan, and not just me we all should expect much from 35 m italian.

easy... easy.... He is improving. Playing as a DM is harder thinner margin of errors.

Well his position is Defensive midfielder, and till now he didnt show any signs of being good at defending so it wont be easy, in the contrary it will be harder and harder, people are happy becauese we are not exposed against fiorentina(worst team in the league) and celtic(worst team in the group and their worst period of their history probably) just wait till we face a good team with him being our dm.

Pathetic

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Your life is i know, go wank somewhere else.

Nah shut up lol. Did you even watch the game today. Him for krunic helped the game a lot. He?s been growing each week and still has a lot to show but this ain?t it chief, not after this game. Should have picked a different one

Please enlighten us how did he helped the game, did he controlled the tempo of the game changing the direction of the play as he pleased?, Did he make tackels and retrive the ball frequantly as how a dm should?
, well i watched the game, and i pay special attention to him and hauge, because both are hyped and should be our future, while hauge impressed, this guy keeps dissappointing as almost 95% of his passing are the 2 meter passes to the guy infront of him and his out of position , lack of grinta and his weak tackeling skills just never seems to improve.

I dont hate the guy, i just love milan, and with 35 million in todays market, we can get a much much better option than this fraud, who needs to improve in everything before he is even worth 10 millions, i really wouldnt mind him if that was his price tag, but to pay most of your budget on a guy who needs to learn 100 things to be good, that is a very bad business.

Last edited:

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
It's obvious that we have the best young midfielder in Serie A

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Sparta might be the right time to give him the chance to show how good is he in DLP with abdelkader diaz and krunic as mezzala ahead of him. Do it Padre.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sparta might be the right time to give him the chance to show how good is he in DLP with abdelkader diaz and krunic as mezzala ahead of him. Do it Padre.

Eww no

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He did not have a very good game yesterday. Had good moments. Still improving.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
First half was bad but second half he hustled quite a lot. Lot more than in any previous game.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hes doing much better than how kessie was when he first joined

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Tonali to Milan TV:

“Moments like this after a game like this, which was very complicated, are moments that give us self-esteem. The coach gives us a boost like this after 90 minutes in which we fought, we suffered, we could have drawn in the end but in any case keeping control of the match for most of the time gives you a great charge because you know you won, you know you did well and you know that the coach treats it as if it were a victory which is worth a lot. It is a beautiful thing that gives us so much.”

On Pioli: “He was close to us even when he was at home, so we certainly missed having him here and working with him. He’s a fantastic person, winning with him back is great. Seeing Milan win with the coach on the bench is always nice.”

On the group: “We are young but we have the responsibility to wear the Milan shirt. We have shown that we are Milan players. You know that when you take the field you have to win, you know it first and you know it even when you take the field after the others. And it is also for this reason that the coach had that reaction. You know they are all there, you know you can’t go wrong and you as a great team do this, because you are a great team. There are still many things to do together, we hope this is just the beginning.”
Tonali to Sky:

On his start to life at Milan: “The beginning was not easy, because I had been practically stopped for a month after the holiday. It was difficult to resume playing in a new club, it took a while, the first month of acclimatisation. Then once you know the rhythms, team-mates, coach and the staff it is easy to move forward in such a group.”

Tonali was asked if he feels more like ‘Sandro’ – the boy who grew up supporting the club – or ‘Tonali’ which signifies the name on the back of his shirt and the fact he has made it as a professional player: “More as Tonali, because I grew up. Sandro must be left slightly aside, for my career. Sure, he is there. I always have that inside of me, but now I’m a Milan player and my head is only for Milan as a player. They are two quite different things. Playing is my passion, plus I play for my favourite team. They must be separate, but taken into consideration, because it is the team that I have inside of me all my life.”

On Pioli: “He is our team leader. He is the first person who is showing us the right path and we are all following him together. You can spend hours talking to the coach, he can explain everything to you. He is open with us and we are happy to have such a coach.”

On the rebirth of Milan in 2020: “When you play like this, more than a rebirth is a birth, because a Milan like this has been a long time coming. It’s nice to be inside this Milan, to win and to convince. The numbers are incredible, we haven’t lost since March and it’s a lot of games in Serie A. Milan is special, because at Milan you can’t feel bad. No player, perhaps, has ever felt bad in this club. It’s different, because the people who follow you are all people humble.”

On the growing ambition: “Ambition does not grow more and more, because it is high. It is normal that after so many results you believe it can reach certain objectives, as you get closer and closer. Then you know that you can do everything, with your team-mates. You know that you can reach any goal, but you also know that you cannot put goals in your head, because you can overturn them. Like that of not losing, which is becoming a goal that must last for as long as possible.”

If Milan is returning to the glories of the past: “We are not returning to the Milan of the past, but we are proving to be Milan.”

On the letter he sent to Santa Lucia as a kid asking for a Milan shirt: “I will certainly do the letter like every year. I should already do it now, in the next few days. I don’t know what I’ll write, but Santa Lucia has already listened to me. He gave me Milan, so I don’t expect much from him.”
mama mia santa sandro

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
First half was bad but second half he hustled quite a lot. Lot more than in any previous game.

yup he hustled a lot more and was more aggressive which was a pleasure to see, but id say solid overall also a better game from him

his ball over the top also helped us get the pen

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Picking it up it seems, and hes making this place quiet

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
EpOHwXeXYAkZdge

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
why is he getting 3 times the press time compared to our captain?

is Milan marketing team hinting at something?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Any news on his injury??

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Come on Tonali. Win us the match tonight :star:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Club going hard building that legend

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Usefull in double pivot and monster at deep lying playmaker, here his future.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
why is he getting 3 times the press time compared to our captain?

is Milan marketing team hinting at something?

Hopefully they are marketing him to trick juve or inter to buy him, it is the same thing like what brescia did to us.

this forum name should change from "Sandro Tonali" into "The Talent no one sees but everybody hopes for".

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Hopefully they are marketing him to trick juve or inter to buy him, it is the same thing like what brescia did to us.

this forum name should change from "Sandro Tonali" into "The Talent no one sees but everybody hopes for".

Saw it at his former club. Milan is a much bigger club... it'll take a little time for him to show the same confidence.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Moronic actions for the red card. He let his team down and is just lucky the team won.

He needs to learn and learn quickly.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Saw it at his former club. Milan is a much bigger club... it'll take a little time for him to show the same confidence.

Boy i hope you are right, and we didn't waste the summer budget on a fraud.

but till this moment he showed nothing, and i don't believe it is about confidence, i do believe he is just overhyped with nothing to show for, again i hope i'm wrong.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hope it's a two year loan or at least an option to extend it to second year. So far, it's not worth it to spend rest of his fee.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
(quoting a post from the commode)

I'll do a 180 and then I'll do a 180 again if necessary.

If you end up contradicting yourself all the time then why are you still preaching?

My point still stands though, and even more after this post. You don't seem to understand talent development in a top club. I disagree that his floor is too low at the moment, but if the ceiling is high you put them through hard tests and allow them to make mistakes under the pressure of playing for a top club. That's how they learn and develop to reach their potential. Playing for a provincial side wouldn't give Tonali half the benefits of playing in this Milan side.

I know the point you're trying to make, but you seem to not understand that I wasn't saying that playing regularly for Milan is bad for his development. It most likely isn't.
However if the floor is too low then we can't afford to field him regularly. Maybe he needs to spend more years at a provincial side, this time in a more challenging, established midtable side where he isn't guaranteed a starting role, instead of hopeless newcomers like Brescia.
I think 18 year old Locatelli's floor was high enough to be a backup for Milan. I was more than fine with him as backup and potential future starter. But spending a few years as a starter at Sassuolo has clearly done him well. I do think that the Milan experience toughened him up a bit, and that he needs to return to a big club to grow further, but Sassuolo seems to have given him something which a demanding, high pressure environment couldn't.

I feel that Tonali has arrived at the wrong time. We already have two young starting midfielders who will hopefully not leave anytime soon. We don't have a single 30+ player in the midfield department. One immensely valuable aspect of the big club experience for young players is the opportunity to train with and learn from veterans, champions. Last season we had Biglia at least. He didn't win any important trophies and he never was a player for double pivot systems, but I remember Bennacer mentioning the important role which Biglia has played in his growth, always giving him advices* etc. Biglia also seems to have been sort of a mentor for Kessie, despite the bizarre scenes in one of the 2019 derbies.
Now imagine if we had an actual campione, someone who could lead by example even at that stage of his career.

I'm sure Kessie and Bennacer now have learned a thing or two to pass on to Tonali, but it's not exactly like when Thiago Silva arrived to Milanello to train with Maldini & Nesta.

With that said, what's done is done and I'm glad Tonali's suspension is only for one game and hopefully he quickly grows to meet the minimum requirement. Patience is earned once that's met.

Schedule