The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Captain Hindsight?

It was a good sub at the time, we needed the win. Which was huge for the team. Relax, we will survive with Diaz in Hakans absence. That's the strength of this team.

If Diaz knows he isn't getting subbed at 70' he will lift his performances. Wait and see.

I agree with that, becvause its not like we were getting over-ran or dominated. Pioli has done that a few times (i,e playing kjaer vs celtic) which has irritated me. But thats just me being hypercritical, pioli has managed 99 percent of situations perfectly this season

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I just hope diaz will be able to handle it when zlatan shouts at him :(

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I just hope diaz will be able to handle it when zlatan shouts at him :(

How ironic.

We hope you can handle it when I yell at your ass.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Nicolo Schira: Mario #Mandžukić to #ACMilan as a free agent is almost done. Ready a contract until the end of the season. Now Rossoneri are waiting for the go-ahead from #Elliott to finalize the deal

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Wow Vulture is actually trying to turn Kalulu into a worthless garbage, just wow

You represent today's journalism, Vulture

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
There are at least 50 CBs who are winning more aerial duels per 90 min than Kalulu in Serie A.

"If God had wanted us to play football in the sky, he'd have put grass up there"

tumblr_n10ym1JlPK1tqb90so1_400.gifv

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Maldini’s probably out negotiating how to break up Tomori’s buy option is in 2-3 payments. If not 5. Or send Roma there in a swap...it seems Chelsea fans still see him as what we thought he’d become 3-4 years ago. Probably not their Management though.
That Lady they have there gets praised for her transfers ... I don’t really see no team building though, just buying shiny toys hoping it gels. So I can can see her get excited if a Name like Romagnoli get flashed at her...despite them having 100 CBs

Theo, Kjaer ... Soon hopefully Meite, and maybe Tomori ... I love these kind of signings, underused, misused, overlooked players ... we take em and say “this is not how you use this... let me show you” ... best deals.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Only pigeon compares stats of a lyon B right back player with 50 other CBS.

Are we talking about the same Pierre Kalulu who outjumped Muriqi (196 cm) and won a duel?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini?s probably out negotiating how to break up Tomori?s buy option is in 2-3 payments. If not 5. Or send Roma there in a swap...it seems Chelsea fans still see him as what we thought he?d become 3-4 years ago. Probably not their Management though.
That Lady they have there gets praised for her transfers ... I don?t really see no team building though, just buying shiny toys hoping it gels. So I can can see her get excited if a Name like Romagnoli get flashed at her...despite them having 100 CBs

Theo, Kjaer ... Soon hopefully Meite, and maybe Tomori ... I love these kind of signings, underused, misused, overlooked players ... we take em and say ?this is not how you use this... let me show you? ... best deals.

Yeah, the shiny toys comment is perfect. It?s why Fassone and Mirabelli are jackasses. In any sport, you have to prioritize a system and find players that fit the system. Then, you have to gauge their personality and personal traits to see if they will gel with the team. Milan?s directors really seem to understand this.

Chelsea bought a bunch of players and turned them over to Frank fucking Lampard lmbo can you imagine?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, pigeon I was just busting your balls. We may disagree on things, but you aren’t dumb and I shouldn’t even joke like that.

We are all Milan fans and I wish everyone well.

Let’s hope the players we bring in continue to help Milan build toward Scudetto and CL trophies :)

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Yeah, the shiny toys comment is perfect. It?s why Fassone and Mirabelli are jackasses. In any sport, you have to prioritize a system and find players that fit the system. Then, you have to gauge their personality and personal traits to see if they will gel with the team. Milan?s directors really seem to understand this.

Chelsea bought a bunch of players and turned them over to Frank fucking Lampard lmbo can you imagine?

Indeed!
And It?s a slow meticulous process. You add 1-2 pinches of salt, see your soup taste.
I often say, the fact that we are where we are atm is a bonus to me, I was prepared to ride a slow rise and enjoy the fruit in 3-4 years. As that?s the right way to do it.

Tbh...even though I supported it at the time (F&M overhaul market) because I felt we had too many mediocre players with shitty mentality, and they would drown the few new arrivals with their unambitious mentality... so I thought flushing as many as possible out to change the vibe at Mmilanello was necessary. Bringing in some hunger and ambition.

I learned that?s the worse thing we can do. Even if I have money to buy the top player of each position, I won?t ... you will likely end up with a lot of mismatch. Waste.

Thank heavens, this is still the way most money teams do business ... it?ll allow us to pick up their ?defective? or excess players on the low ... and show them ?ain?t nothing wrong with this, it works fine?...until they widen up.

BUILDING! and as you said, this management gets it!

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Only pigeon compares stats of a lyon B right back player with 50 other CBS.

Are we talking about the same Pierre Kalulu who outjumped Muriqi (196 cm) and won a duel?

About this guy and that game. Not only Kalulu... on Theo?s last minute goal on the corner, he is the one who jumps and misses the ball that?s get to Theo.
He is a waste of height lol

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
About this guy and that game. Not only Kalulu... on Theo?s last minute goal on the corner, he is the one who jumps and misses the ball that?s get to Theo.

He is a waste of height lol
Yes he is a walking plank

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Kalulu might not be our future cb. He definitely did some mistakes. But to build on these mistakes and on some stats ( when this is his first professional season )in assuming that there is no chance he can make it as CB is shortsighted. He was brought in as RB and I think thats where he will be. If Conti does leave, we definitely need him there. The administration seems to think the same as they are targeting a young CB. And unless we plan to sell Roma, there’s no immediate reason for that if we think Kalulu can play there regularly. So obviously the plan is for him to play RB.

What is weird is that we havent went for a left CB. But maybe there isnt much out there.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Kalulu might not be our future cb. He definitely did some mistakes. But to build on these mistakes and on some stats ( when this is his first professional season )in assuming that there is no chance he can make it as CB is shortsighted. He was brought in as RB and I think thats where he will be. If Conti does leave, we definitely need him there. The administration seems to think the same as they are targeting a young CB. And unless we plan to sell Roma, there?s no immediate reason for that if we think Kalulu can play there regularly. So obviously the plan is for him to play RB.

What is weird is that we havent went for a left CB. But maybe there isnt much out there.

That left CB right CB talk is a bit overblown by people... most CBs can play on the right or left ... maybe some lefties, who tend to be not ambidextrous, very left footed can only perform well on 1 side... but what percentage do they represent?

For the sake of stability they get kept on side. And they also have to develop that relationship and understanding with their FB.

If you move Kjaer to Roma?s place. I?m sure he?ll perform just as well.
Gabbia did his thing filling in for Roma then Filling in for Kjaer.
Kalulu would probably do the same if he had to partner Kjaer on the left.
Tomori compilation shows him playing both

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That left CB right CB talk is a bit overblown by people... most CBs can play on the right or left ... maybe some lefties, who tend to be not ambidextrous, very left footed can only perform well on 1 side... but what percentage do they represent?

For the sake of stability they get kept on side. And they also have to develop that relationship and understanding with their FB.

Very true. But take Gabbia for example. When starting the offense and under pressure, he seems to be much more comfortable at RCB.

I thought it was weird that Frigerio wasnt called up for the match against Torino in the Copa. A post on instagram from 5 days ago says he tested positive for CoVid. Maybe thats why he wasnt called up?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Very true. But take Gabbia for example. When starting the offense and under pressure, he seems to be much more comfortable at RCB.

I thought it was weird that Frigerio wasnt called up for the match against Torino in the Copa. A post on instagram from 5 days ago says he tested positive for CoVid. Maybe thats why he wasnt called up?

I think is just a matter of getting used to. Play 4-5 games there in a row... you?ll find your angle.
I understand your point and don?t dismiss the fact that some are only effective on 1 side but most aren?t.

About the kid, it was mentioned before the game... no official announcement but people were talking about it here and there... I didn?t even know his name, just seen his face in training and premature pictures when all the primavera guys often stand together..
Unlike Maldini and Colombo I haven?t even watched a video of him. Time to do so.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nicolo Schira: Mario #Mand?ukić to #ACMilan as a free agent is almost done. Ready a contract until the end of the season. Now Rossoneri are waiting for the go-ahead from #Elliott to finalize the deal

giphy.gif

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You're right up to a certain point. You then reach a level of performance where minor improvements to the level of play is all you can make. Making sure your LCB can play a wider range of passes without shifting their body makes a difference.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Can't wait for Croatian badass duo to destroy defenders in serie A.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
@CarloLaudisa
The hour of truth for #Mandzukic to the #Milan . Summit to negotiate the contract: 6 or 18 months? Full speed ahead for the deputy #Ibra @Gazzetta_it#Calciomercato

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kalulu might not be our future cb. He definitely did some mistakes. But to build on these mistakes and on some stats ( when this is his first professional season )in assuming that there is no chance he can make it as CB is shortsighted. He was brought in as RB and I think thats where he will be. If Conti does leave, we definitely need him there. The administration seems to think the same as they are targeting a young CB. And unless we plan to sell Roma, there?s no immediate reason for that if we think Kalulu can play there regularly. So obviously the plan is for him to play RB.

There are very few good, ball playing, available LCBs, which is why Romagnoli is highly sought after.

I also agree with you generally about Kalulu. He's definitely more of a RB to me than anything else, but it's too early to tell. I'll be surprised if he manages to overcome his height limitation and become a great CB. His qualities are much, much better suited as a RB, and the way we play our RB is very defensive anyway.

On Vulture, I usually sort of agree with the overall points he tries to make sometimes, but his problem is that he's positioning himself as an all-knowing figure that uses data to support the arguments he's making, but all too often he cherry picks and uses bad faith arguments to support whatever claim he's making. For example the ridiculous Kalulu Simakan comparison. Any data analyst would just say 'we don't have enough data to make a claim'. He can't say this because he has this obsession about being right all the time. Dude, relax, no one cares. Just say "I think Simakan is a better defender because he's physically more suited to aerial challenges". You don't need to say "he has 0.2 more aerials won than Kalulu so he's the better CB" when we all know how stupid that is because of the lack of data.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why am I getting the feeling that if Mandzukic signs for 18 months that means Ibra probably won't extend beyond the summer? Leao would definitely find more minutes rotating with only Mandzukic, and the Croat would give us an option against teams that close up.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If its Hakan’s ankle that is troubling him then Pioli messed up playing him in Copa. Its a useless competition and we were doing fine without him. Losing wouldn’t have been a big problem. Hakan is so important for our game. We cant afford to lose him.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He has some points. Kalulu was responsible for some of the goals conceded in the few matches he was cb. Like it was there for everyone to see.
He is still young though and will just improve with more playing time. But as vulture said they probably planning to use him as Rb in the future or else they wouldnt sign another young defender.

_____

Every day its the same poster vs vilturesheva. Its getting tiring.

Cant yall just ignore him if yall dont like his posts??

You are talking with someone who puts his age within his name, you can't argue with 10 old years kids nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule