The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Fuckers complaining about Roma :max:

Y'all BITCHES deserved Bonucci :rolleyes:

Is he slow? Yes. But not Acerbi slow.....and Acerbi is doing well for the NT.
Does he make mistakes? Sure who doesn't? It's not that he is particularly error prone. When the attack overpowers the defense and the opponents score....it's usually one of five people who will be at fault, the keeper and four defenders. I have seen ALL of our defenders either fuck up or get brutally fucked in the ass. Roma isn't particularly worse than anyone. To the contrary he often puts in a good shift.

Is he Nesta? No. Hell he's not even Thiago Silva. But he's very decent for fuck's sake.

This is why you shouldn't get carried away with ppl's FORM. For a while last year ppl couldn't stop praising him.... Now he's going through a rough patch everyone and their dog want to shit on him

Forza fuckin Romagnoli :o

Preach.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
bro you can write 100 paragraphs about Romagnoli, but unfortunately he is still not a WC level.

WdnkrNw_700wa_0.gif

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
roma as a rotation player is absolutely fine
as captain? absoutely not

but the problem is he is worth $$$ and since a certain person named samu castiljeo is our current #7 (a holy number IMO) u guess u could say we arent in the position to be having such a player $$$ as rotation player
There are MANY players I would replace Samu with in a heartbeat. Not so much with Roma.

While I agree with what you've said here, I think the point is more about Romagnoli's future in terms of a) If he renews, on what salary? Does he really do enough to warrant a sizeable payrise versus what other players have done for the team (Hakan, Kessie, Ben to name a few)? and b) Should he wear the armband, or should someone perhaps more "capable" (Donnarumma) have it?
Romagnoli's future is a separate issue. I am talking about him as a player.
As a player he is good enough.

Jeezus, we need a Brazilian really badly at this club.

Dru is falling over all the wrong swords. :head:

You wanna swordfight bro? (no homo)

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I hope Romagnoli is MotM on Sunday. Clearly.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
3-0 is how we should be dismissing teams like Spezia if we had any Scudetto ambitions. Not huffing and puffing all game and making shit teams look great

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Ppl who want Roma out: Go find an Italian replacement 1st... until then...

(dont argue why must an Italian... its the 1 rule)

Gabbia? I already trust him more

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I wasn't very enthusiastic about paying a massive amount for Chiesa but if we had him on the right instead of our completely dead right wing with players like Saele and Samu we would probably be ahead on the table by a couple of points

Many people here are underestimating how the lack of quality on the right wing is helping to kill our team. When our midfield was awesome it kind of shielded that issue. Now that our midfield is struggling for form we cant even look to the wings for some creative outlets or quality in possession.

You need only one player there against our right winger and you know 100% they have been nullified. Cant beat their man, cant create chances, cant wreak havoc, cant even create any danger, cant score goals

We cant afford any passengers if we will have a strong run in to finish the season

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
3-0 is how we should be dismissing teams like Spezia if we had any Scudetto ambitions. Not huffing and puffing all game and making shit teams look great

Honestly, where did you expect us to finish at the beginning of the season?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There are MANY players I would replace Samu with in a heartbeat. Not so much with Roma.

Romagnoli's future is a separate issue. I am talking about him as a player.
As a player he is good enough.

You wanna swordfight bro? (no homo)

Not for a club with any real ambitions. And you mentioned Acerbi? The one that starts over Romagnoli for the Italian NT? He may be as slow, but at least he has some strength in him. Romagnoli is both slow AND weak. He is a joke as a captain of 7 times European champion AC Milan

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
The fact that you used Roy Keane as your example captain means you shouldn?t post here anymore.

how do you know how a very young yungfreddy perceived roy keane?
dont tell me he doesnt look imposing (from the waist up cause he is a midget)

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fuckers complaining about Roma :max:

Y'all BITCHES deserved Bonucci :rolleyes:

Is he slow? Yes. But not Acerbi slow.....and Acerbi is doing well for the NT.
Does he make mistakes? Sure who doesn't? It's not that he is particularly error prone. When the attack overpowers the defense and the opponents score....it's usually one of five people who will be at fault, the keeper and four defenders. I have seen ALL of our defenders either fuck up or get brutally fucked in the ass. Roma isn't particularly worse than anyone. To the contrary he often puts in a good shift.

Is he Nesta? No. Hell he's not even Thiago Silva. But he's very decent for fuck's sake.

This is why you shouldn't get carried away with ppl's FORM. For a while last year ppl couldn't stop praising him.... Now he's going through a rough patch everyone and their dog want to shit on him

Forza fuckin Romagnoli :o

he just doesn't seem capable of taking the next step up and being our #1 CB. Kjaer/Tomori is a less error prone duo than Roma with anyone next to him.

40-50Mil offer and we have to let him go, he still has good value. Qualifying for CL will add to that Value, but we need someone better.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
obviously, Romagnoli case is very complex, because of the expiration, too close for comfort.

you can't just start dropping him (even though it's justified) he'd feel frustrated and disrespected and probably chose to sit on the bench for a year and go for free...Raiola would like that very much...
we don't want that. lose on any potential transfer fee... disrupts the environment, i'm sure some other players would feel the club did him wrong. that will be the story in papers for ever...and every time we take a goal it would be because he is not on the pitch (Montolivo effect)

or come to an honest agreement, and i believe Maldini has the tact and diplomancy to achieve it.
say "hey, we're looking to go a different direction, we can renew with a little raise and include a very reasonable release clause 30m-40m which will open you up to many suitors"

i think that can be achieved especially, with Donna + (potentially) Ibra negotiations still open ... they'll probably get a little bit more money (+armband for Donna) from Romagnoli's situation...if that ends up happening

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, where did you expect us to finish at the beginning of the season?

3rd or 4th. I expected Juve and Inter to finish ahead of us. Napoli if they stayed healthy might have a 50% shot to finish ahead of us. The rest where a big wild card but I expected 1,2, then a gap for 3rd to 7th.

I was expecting finishing 3rd or 4th and securing champions league 100% so we have overachieved to be where we are now. But just losing the next 2 games could move us from overachievers to underachivers as we drop out of top 4. If we didn't achieve CL come end of the season it would have been a monumental failure

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
The fact that you used Roy Keane as your example captain means you shouldn?t post here anymore.

the fact that you don't respect Roy Keane is concerning to say the least. Dude would have ate grass for United

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
the fact that you don't respect Roy Keane is concerning to say the least. Dude would have ate grass for United

Legend of the game, no doubt.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bigggest mistake was actually talking about Scudetto. Even sitting at the top of the table we should've kept saying to the public "inter and juve are favorites" and "we hope to qualify for CL"

Completely diffuse any pressure that might be facing the squad. Somehow every time we're in sniffing distance of an accomplishment we want to talk like challengers. Reality is we haven't done shit since 2011, and need to relax and concentrate on improvement (like we have with Pioli up until these last couple of weeks) and not pretend that we deserve to be title challengers yet. Its all about mind games, and we fucked ourselves by putting pressure on the minds of our young squad.

A win this weekend will do a lot for the team going forward. Lets hope we fix ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule