Theo - Kessie - Ben - Salad - Calabria
Tomori - Roma - Kjaer
Maignan

Only if we get Conte

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
352 is best for this team

????Rebic?????????Ibra

????????-Calhanoglu

???Theo - Bennacer - Kessie - Saelemaekers

????Romagnoli - Kjaer - Tomori

This team would barely create any scoring chances, maybe only if all of them would be in some great form.

Lazio/Atalanta would kill them without any problems.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This team would barely create any scoring chances, maybe only if all of them would be in some great form.

Lazio/Atalanta would kill them without any problems.

I doubt it. In attack you have 5 players upfront, with Kessie and Bennacer covering. In counter attack you still have 3 defenders behind the ball. In defence you have 5 players with Kessie and Bennacer covering also

You just need a great midfield duo, and a great playmaker cam.

433 4231 are for top teams, great players on every position, like City, Psg, Liverpool, Madrid, Bayern.

Even Barcelona dont play 433 anymore.

Atalantas team are worse then Milans team. But there tactic is just so well organized. Its like an oiled machine.
Plus they have a coach who knows the system

Last edited:

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We always have diffuculties playing against 352 teams.
Inter
Lazio
Atalanta
Udinese

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
This means that Milan will be able to make some good investments in the summer transfer window whether or not they qualify for the UCL

I want this more than I want CL. Feck we were gonna do in CL, play 6 games. I want a team thats built for challenging on all fronts

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Saelemaekers has more work rate and better condition.
He is also better in going forward then Calabria.

Calabria is better defensive though
Sale has no end product.
Cala is asked to sit deep to balance Theo.
He was also good when played as a CM.
I have no doubt that he would be much more useful than Sale.
3.5.2 is an interesting choice considering we dont have a RW & our LW are in bad form.
One of Rebic, Leao , Sale , Samu will start which is good.
It will mean we can field Roma.
It also suit Ben.Kessie.Hakan.
But i really doubt Pioli is tactical enough to pull it off.

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
tonali could be a good libero in a 3 back line and already often finds himself there when he plays, sitting between cbs.
What ?!!!
He is a positional mess & its why he goes there where he is useless.
Kid is struggling in his main position whatever that is.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
What ?!!!
He is a positional mess & its why he goes there where he is useless.
Kid is struggling in his main position whatever that is.

He's fast, excels in blocking shots, and can pass. Kids made to join the midfield late. His main position isn't in a double pivot.

Without him on the field we often see a back three with one of the mids between cbs. It's not positional error. He goes there more often because the center of the pitch is where he belongs. He can also pick out passes when he has time on ball. Dropping deeper gives him more time.

But I get it you don't like the kid and will disagree.

Last edited:

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
Cala...Calabria???
Yungfreddy do you see this?

protein content in the meat has become way too low
i officially declare this place...a safe zone

predatorssss.jpg

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
tonali could be a good libero in a 3 back line and already often finds himself there when he plays, sitting between cbs.

He spends a lot of time there but what is he accomplishing? The memorable Hollywood balls to the strikers have all been coming from Kjaer.
Kessie and Meite provide more help on crosses into the box, and they're harder to get past than Tonali.

Sandro doesn't hold back anything when attempting to block shots, I'll give him that, but it's not enough.

I don't think he's good enough defensively to spend so much time down there. His best traits are his pace, stamina, through-balls on the ground and possibly also shots from distance because he seems to have a good shooting technique compared to Kessie and more shot power in his legs than Bennacer, Saele & Samu.
This is a kid that should be playing in a box-to-box or advanced mid role at this point in his career.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
i've been staying "off" (just browsing) Milan related things on the internet to help me recover...hoping there will be a response next game to cure me.

The biggest mistake of this season was arguably not prioritizing a RW above anything else. It has left us completely dependent on the left side, every team realized that and loads up to defend, and so we are unbalanced and easily slowed.

You can?t be so one dimensional.

imo the biggest mistake was not getting DM(s).
of the 2020 renaissance there was talks of thew impact of Pioli, Ibrahimovic, Kjaer ... one of the biggest catalyst for that form was that dominating & aggressive midfield that would annihilate and suffocate the opposition's midfield i remember Milinkovic-Savic, Fabian Ruiz, Luis Alberto being bullied and harassed out of games by Kessie and Bennacer.

they were aggressive, physical, Dynamic..that was, to me, what "made" the team (along with other factors) ... the defense and the attack played better for them providing that solidity that they did to the team.
the front player could give a little more focus and application to attacking while the defence would not face as many attack because they aborted it before it started...Romagnoli started having these one on one with opponents because he was more exposed.

so we go into the season, not only with 3 DM but the 3rd (Tonali) who is not at all suited for that style (dominating) ... so basically 2. and without any one of them, that midfield efficiency drops by a lot...big shout out to Kessie who pretty much played for 2 in the absence of Bennacer and he is now running on "empty" ... and even without injuries, fatigue would have still fucked us up in that department. and if that department is not functioning efficiently the team is simply not working.

also, 100% our left side is stronger than our right side but were NOT one dimensional at all ... everybody was contributing.
Saelesmakers 6 assists
Hakan 11
Bennacer 4 (only played half the games)
Kessie 5
Calabria 2

Leao 5
Brahim 3

Theo 7
Rebic 8

is just that with fatigue and the game no longer flowing, lack of ideas...we look to our "special weapons" Theo, Ibra.
like an exhausted boxer no longer has gas to throw the jab to set up combo so is only throwing "knockout punches"

bottom line we're gassed all over, and that since january.
i wrote this back then after the 1-2 win over Bologna

ROSSONERI7 said:
i wasn't worried after the losses of the past weeks...now i'm a little worried after this win... you can sense some physical and psychological burnout ... does that get fixed with the return of Hakan and Bennacer? i hope so.

seems we also ne to re-learn how to play with Zlatan ... before his injury he was the guy we would look for but not ignoring better positioned players. today, especially in the first half, it was the case... maybe that too is due to the absence of Hakan, who has better feel of who is in a better better position and pick him.

like everybody, I 1000% agree that we need upgrading on RW and it's for sure a priority for the summer... but if we could turn back time to the summer, a proper DM would have been far more beneficial to the team in these moments than a RW.

with a better suited DM, Kessie would have been a little Fresher and Bennacer would probably have been not rushed back from that first injury...better protection for the defense, and better support for the attack. it'd make the team play better

with a better RW but a midfield in the same condition it is at the moment (burned out), the team would still would have not been functioning ideally as a whole like it is(n't) right now.
then we would be expecting individual moment of Brilliance from him (and other special weapons) and he'd probably be as burned as they all are right now. therefore firing blanks like Theo is (most are).

my 2 cents

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

predatorssss.jpg

this can never be a safe place as long as men as dangerous as, myself, and you remain

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan want to sign Rodrigo De Paul from Udinese offering cash+Jens Petter Hauge, according to tomorrow’s edition of Gazzetta dello Sport

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

predatorssss.jpg

Where are the shark?s cargo jeans?

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
He spends a lot of time there but what is he accomplishing? The memorable Hollywood balls to the strikers have all been coming from Kjaer.
Kessie and Meite provide more help on crosses into the box, and they're harder to get past than Tonali.

Sandro doesn't hold back anything when attempting to block shots, I'll give him that, but it's not enough.

I don't think he's good enough defensively to spend so much time down there. His best traits are his pace, stamina, through-balls on the ground and possibly also shots from distance because he seems to have a good shooting technique compared to Kessie and more shot power in his legs than Bennacer, Saele & Samu.
This is a kid that should be playing in a box-to-box or advanced mid role at this point in his career.

a libero doesnt necessarily have to have great long balls, and it benefits the team to have those duties spread out amongst a back 3 and not the focus to one player like the old days. It will take time for tonali to develop a great longball. A libero's duty is to progress the ball from defense to midfield and sometimes start/join the attack.

Pace and stamina as you agree are some of his strengths which are two important traits for a libero as they cover a lot of field. You say he should be box to box, and a libero is similar but sits deeper. on offense he'd be in midfield behind ben and kessie. Defense he'd plug the gap between the cbs which is where we leak goals.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Base 3-4-3

FNVrxaK.jpg

Offense 3-4-3 -> 2-3-5

VRpJyix.jpg

Defense 3-4-3 ->5-4-1

2Fr3hcn.jpeg

also since we lack great rws, the front 3 can be played as a cam behind an ss and striker. so with the same players you can play something like

leao/rebic/hague - ibra - Salad

or

leao/rebic/hague - ibra

---------kebab-----------

i dont think hakan as consistent enough to always warrant having an am in the hole at all times like we do in our current 4-2-3-1.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
a libero doesnt necessarily have to have great long balls, and it benefits the team to have those duties spread out amongst a back 3 and not the focus to one player like the old days. It will take time for tonali to develop a great longball. A libero's duty is to progress the ball from defense to midfield and sometimes start/join the attack.

Pace and stamina as you agree are some of his strengths which are two important traits for a libero as they cover a lot of field. You say he should be box to box, and a libero is similar but sits deeper. on offense he'd be in midfield behind ben and kessie. Defense he'd plug the gap between the cbs which is where we leak goals.

right now he should be played further forward, more advanced than many think is appropriate
i said this from day one, he's a totti/albertini. wherever he can do

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
right now he should be played further forward, more advanced than many think is appropriate
i said this from day one, he's a totti/albertini. wherever he can do

i wouldnt be against seeing him further forwards. i dont think hes as quick witted as someone like totti though ive always saw more compliments towards an albertini than a pirlo. Albertini is a player that could have been played as a libero.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
LMAO it's May the 1st and we still discussing formations
:lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Milan want to sign Rodrigo De Paul from Udinese offering cash+Jens Petter Hauge, according to tomorrow?s edition of Gazzetta dello Sport

I don?t mind if he comes for RW.

Pobega, Tonali, Hauge are free to go from our young players.

I trust Gigio, Theo, Leao, Kalulu, Gabbia, Bennacer, Tomori, Diaz, Saele.

Last edited:

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We always have diffuculties playing against 352 teams.
Inter
Lazio
Atalanta
Udinese

Juve too. Also Genoa and Verona. I know we won the 2nd leg against Genoa (barely) and Verona but we struggled in both games against Genoa so bad. Also struggled against Verona

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don?t mind if he comes for RW.

Pobega, Tonali, Hauge are free to go from our young players.

I trust Gigio, Theo, Leao, Kalulu, Gabbia, Bennacer, Tomori, Diaz, Saele.

Lack of money is a bad thing for Milan. I would love RDP here. Excellent player.

But I would want a player on the RW that?s fast and tricky in addition to creativity

RW for RDP would restrict his creativity

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Also Pioli throughout the season makes the same substitutions. Remove Saelemakers enter Samu. Remove Rebic enter Leao. If either is not available enter Krunic

So predictable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule