Sandro Tonali Thread

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lol tonali fans are the most delusional people on the planet, even trump fans werent as bad.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
You wouldn't understand, Yonghong

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Thing is, im no tonali fan. But some of you forget hes 20

Tell me about 20 yo central midfielder that are setting the world on fire?

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

If pigeon would be around he would name you a few players from belgian and dutch league noone ever heard about :lol:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

Phil Foden instantly comes to mind. A great talent

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Phil Foden instantly comes to mind. A great talent

Hes more attacking player on the wing or cam if im not mistaken

Completely different from someone whos playing in the middle of the pitch

Imo tonalis position is the hardest position and one that requires a lot of experience, or atleast know ur teammates very well

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Hes more attacking player on the wing or cam if im not mistaken

Completely different from someone whos playing in the middle of the pitch

Imo tonalis position is the hardest position and one that requires a lot of experience, or atleast know ur teammates very well

there arent many really..the only one that really comes in my mind is Camavinga, but his price tag is also above 60 mil. The others that are valued similarly as Tonali and are u20 are:
- Bellingham
- Curtis Jones
- Gravenberch

and that's where the list ends. Gravenberch plays in the dutch league and is his first breakthrough season. He is definitely one of the biggest prospects in the league atm but we'll see how he does once he goes to a bigger team.
Bellingham is doing really well with Dortmund and plays a similar role to Tonali.
Jones is also one of the prospects but I feel like he likes to play wider/more forward than Tonali does.

So yeah, there aren't many players in the same age group as Tonali that destroying the world..I still feel Sandro will become a really really important player for us in a season or two

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

Yup. I remember how average Locatelli was at 20. Much worse than what we've seen from Tonali in his maiden season.

Most people regret selling Locatelli - and rightfully so. Rapid development over the last 2 years. But those are the same growing pains every young player has to go through before they become good and can give you consistent performances.

Tonali, who cost a fortune, has to experience the ultimate baptism of fire by developing at a club whose goal is to pro-actively stay at the top. Whereas when things got though for Locatelli at Milan, he took the route down to Sassuolo in a low pressure environment to develop and mentally prepare before returning to a top club.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yup. I remember how average Locatelli was at 20. Much worse than what we've seen from Tonali in his maiden season.

Most people regret selling Locatelli - and rightfully so. Rapid development over the last 2 years. But those are the same growing pains every young player has to go through before they become good and can give you consistent performances.

Tonali, who cost a fortune, has to experience the ultimate baptism of fire by developing at a club whose goal is to pro-actively stay at the top. Whereas when things got though for Locatelli at Milan, he took the route down to Sassuolo in a low pressure environment to develop and mentally prepare before returning to a top club.

this statement makes me think you never watched locatelli in your life, locatelli career in milan started with 2 screamers one of them against buffon on his prime, he had a great vision and he knows how to tackle, position himself well on the field and had everything to succeed, his only problem was he is raw and he took more red cards than he should and it was a very stupid mistake from our management.

tonali now is nothing compared to locatelli, i'm not talking about current locatelli because they are now un comparable , i'm talking when he was at his 20's, tonali now is a very weak tackler, can't shoot, doesn't know where to stand on the field and almost never hit a long pass losing many ball on the way, was worst man of the match for many matches this season and lately even playing with under 21 italy he was the worst man of the match again(knowing he is supposed to win italy the match by the amount of hype he is taking), if we are to redeem him like the news suggests it will be another very stupid mistake from our management. because not only we see how limited he is and we believed the hype, we saw how bad he can be and yet we insisted to buy that fraud, it is like god gives you another chance to fix your mistake but you said no way, fuck that i'm sticking with my mistake.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Locatelli was great for a few months and fell off a lot as time progressed. Tonali?s biggest issue right now is his positioning and that's one of the easier things to fix, especially once he has a proper pre season with us. Far easier than making a player faster for example.

Also Tonali can shoot, but with midfielders that doesn't automatically mean that they are dangerous, just look at Kessie in open play. However once their game comes together and confidence and experience kicks in goals will come too.

Tonali is an absolute bargain for the price. But you cannot expect to have prime Tonali within a few months, it will take several years but on the other hand he is a player who very well could stay with us for 15 years +.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
this statement makes me think you never watched locatelli in your life, locatelli career in milan started with 2 screamers one of them against buffon on his prime, he had a great vision and he knows how to tackle, position himself well on the field and had everything to succeed, his only problem was he is raw and he took more red cards than he should and it was a very stupid mistake from our management.

tonali now is nothing compared to locatelli, i'm not talking about current locatelli because they are now un comparable , i'm talking when he was at his 20's, tonali now is a very weak tackler, can't shoot, doesn't know where to stand on the field and almost never hit a long pass losing many ball on the way, was worst man of the match for many matches this season and lately even playing with under 21 italy he was the worst man of the match again(knowing he is supposed to win italy the match by the amount of hype he is taking), if we are to redeem him like the news suggests it will be another very stupid mistake from our management. because not only we see how limited he is and we believed the hype, we saw how bad he can be and yet we insisted to buy that fraud, it is like god gives you another chance to fix your mistake but you said no way, fuck that i'm sticking with my mistake.

Loca had some good moments, but we was also reckless and unreliable, otherwise Biglia wouldn't have benche him. Similar to Tonali now.

I am not fond of what I'm seeing from Sandro, but also believe it's probably early to judge. I will trust the management on this.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Great passion in this post!!! .... That's about all though... :fp:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tonali is a happy go lucky guy. He can not care any less about anything on or off the pitch. Last thing to bring to him is pressure, he will retaliate and shit will hit the fan.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Locatelli was great for a few months and fell off a lot as time progressed. Tonali?s biggest issue right now is his positioning and that's one of the easier things to fix, especially once he has a proper pre season with us. Far easier than making a player faster for example.

Also Tonali can shoot, but with midfielders that doesn't automatically mean that they are dangerous, just look at Kessie in open play. However once their game comes together and confidence and experience kicks in goals will come too.

Tonali is an absolute bargain for the price. But you cannot expect to have prime Tonali within a few months, it will take several years but on the other hand he is a player who very well could stay with us for 15 years +.

His set pieces are also great. Brilliant to deliver a ball into the box. Way too fucking early to give up on him.

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
He should stay, it's best we keep the young talented guys we have. Though i do not post often, I do browse and many were slamming Kessie not long ago , be patient.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Must keep. Would be such a huge mistake 1-2 years down the road. This guy has all the tools to be far better than current Locatelli and that was already a huge mistake, this would be worse.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
must keep

even if we overpay right now

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
must keep

even if we overpay right now

Did keep and even got a better deal :eek:
- Hope he just explodes this year and shows his personality on the pitch as he matures.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Reportedly taking a voluntary pay cut to be determined to wear black and red for the next 5 years. What a guy!

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I love his love for this club.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Growthhhhh, I was so happy when he scored

He seems so much better since came back, carried midfield and shows much more courage

In physical terms especially he seems to have developed (same goes for Leao)

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
So happy for him, he deserves the praise he is getting. Remember, he is just 21, a monster in the making.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
😭😭😭😭😭😭
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sandritito mio 😭😭😭

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Two-Dewgongs-Crying-Happy-Tears-On-Pokemon.gif

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
That was his break out game, he literally controlled the game. I feel like it might be hard for Bennacer to take his spot once Kessie is fit, what a great problem to have. We have 4 great options in the midfield now with Tonali, Kessie, Bennacer & Bakayoko. Even Krunic has showed he can play a variety of roles and I’m starting to like him now.