Franck Kessié Thread

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Employees are offered contracts.
As long as they fulfil their contractual obligations by performing well and making themselves available for service. What more can an employer demand?

:star:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Employees are offered contracts.
As long as they fulfil their contractual obligations by performing well and making themselves available for service. What more can an employer demand?

Escalating transfer fees and the bosman rule changed that. Self-sustaining football clubs need to be compensated when they lose important players, otherwise they won't stay competitive.

Footballers aren't obliged to help the club. They even have the right to screw the club over, as Donna and Hakan have shown.
And the fans have the right to despise them for depriving us of much needed funds to reinvest into replacements.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I 4get who, sum1 important, from one of the big clubs... they were saying the future is players running down contracts and moving for free.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
He is foolish if he doesn't resign. This Milan will be fantastic.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Meh i’m really bored of this clown’s shenanigans, after the whole Donnaruma drama in recent years, I couldn’t care less about yet another twat who thinks he is too big for the club.

Either way, it was only a matter of time until Tonali benched him, so no need to pay 8 millions for his ass on the bench.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Watch Baka outperform Kessie this season.
Bookmark this post and look it up again in January 2022.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Watch Baka outperform Kessie this season.
Bookmark this post and look it up again in January 2022.

bakayoko outperformed him last time he was here too, kessie is a different player now so will be interesting

Hoplite

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pfffttt let him leave. As good as he is, we don't need another money grabbing diva. Best if Milan could renew his contract then sell him for a high fee asap

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He should have been told if he didn't renew by 1st Aug he would be sold or spend the rest of the season in the stands. Time to give others a try.

Forza Milan!

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
He should have been told if he didn't renew by 1st Aug he would be sold or spend the rest of the season in the stands. Time to give others a try.

Forza Milan!

Agreed, no point playing him when we can develop someone on the field to replace him.
Hopefully Ibra kicks his ass.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
AMBROSINI: ‘KESSIE A TOP PLAYER, BUT…’

Former Milan midfielder Massimo Ambrosini said Franck Kessie ‘is a top player’ but stressed the Rossoneri ‘should not be taken by the neck by anyone’.

“He’s a top player and the market teaches us that more and more great players choose to reach the end of their contract to have much richer salaries elsewhere,” Ambrosini told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I don’t know how much he can aspire to earn; we enter a private sphere that I don’t know. The question is: is it worth giving up more money to commit a project? For me, the answer is yes.

“He must understand what his desire really is, if the love for what they do and where they do it are the predominant aspect or not.

“A club like Milan should not be taken by the neck by anyone. Just make them the best possible offer, as it was for Donnarumma and Calhanoglu, but setting a limit.

“One must deserve to play for Milan. Kessie did it with the level of performances, with his leadership, always playing and never holding back.

“I hope for the good of Milan that Franck is happy with the offer and remains convinced of the choice.”

Hmmm

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AMBROSINI: ?KESSIE A TOP PLAYER, BUT??

Former Milan midfielder Massimo Ambrosini said Franck Kessie ?is a top player? but stressed the Rossoneri ?should not be taken by the neck by anyone?.

?He?s a top player and the market teaches us that more and more great players choose to reach the end of their contract to have much richer salaries elsewhere,? Ambrosini told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

?I don?t know how much he can aspire to earn; we enter a private sphere that I don?t know. The question is: is it worth giving up more money to commit a project? For me, the answer is yes.

?He must understand what his desire really is, if the love for what they do and where they do it are the predominant aspect or not.

?A club like Milan should not be taken by the neck by anyone. Just make them the best possible offer, as it was for Donnarumma and Calhanoglu, but setting a limit.

?One must deserve to play for Milan. Kessie did it with the level of performances, with his leadership, always playing and never holding back.

?I hope for the good of Milan that Franck is happy with the offer and remains convinced of the choice.?

Hmmm

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
AMBROSINI: ?KESSIE A TOP PLAYER, BUT??

Former Milan midfielder Massimo Ambrosini said Franck Kessie ?is a top player? but stressed the Rossoneri ?should not be taken by the neck by anyone?.

?He?s a top player and the market teaches us that more and more great players choose to reach the end of their contract to have much richer salaries elsewhere,? Ambrosini told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

?I don?t know how much he can aspire to earn; we enter a private sphere that I don?t know. The question is: is it worth giving up more money to commit a project? For me, the answer is yes.

?He must understand what his desire really is, if the love for what they do and where they do it are the predominant aspect or not.

?A club like Milan should not be taken by the neck by anyone. Just make them the best possible offer, as it was for Donnarumma and Calhanoglu, but setting a limit.

?One must deserve to play for Milan. Kessie did it with the level of performances, with his leadership, always playing and never holding back.

?I hope for the good of Milan that Franck is happy with the offer and remains convinced of the choice.?

Hmmm

Forza Elliott and their employees

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
Maldini's going to let donnarumma, hakan, kessie, and romagnoli walk....

who's next theo hernandez???

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score

It's been difficult for Paolo because he is given a budget which he must work with.

From what i've read the issue with Dollar wasn't so much the yearly salary but that Raiola wanted a 20 million commission fee. Although I am gutted we lost Dollar for nothing that was on him and no one else. He wouldn't sign there wasn't a lot we could do and I'm glad we didn't pay Raiola for doing nothing.

I hope that Fifa step in and place a cap on agent fees because all of that money is going out of football and is for no ones good bar the agent.

Hakan was pretty much worthless. He was pub team standard at the Euro's and got lucky with Inter coming in after the injury to Erikksen. Due to the financial crisis how much would we have got for Hakan this summer even if he was on a long contract. I can't see any club paying 10 million for him let alone the money we paid for him.

Romagnoli isn't worth a raise, he isn't playing and if he goes, he goes. Another Raiola client gone which is good in my opinion.

I am disappointed with Kessie because after what I read from his interviews I thought he would sign. Hopefully we can get a few million in January for him but I'd just put him in the stands and go with others to teach him a lesson. No CL football for him.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
putting kessie in the stands, hurts our chances of qualifying for the CL next season. hes basically our best player at this point.

my thing with romagnoli is that the potential is there....i fear he might be like barzagli where he blooms later in career.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
waiting for your contract to expire is smart for the players...they can choose wherever they want to go for a bigger wage since theres no fee. even if the agent gets something,.

mbappe is doing that to psg!

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
We really need to start renewing key players 2 years before their contract is up or sell them to avoid situations like this again and again. Hopefully we renew him at whatever ******ed salary he is asking and sell him in the summer.

We can’t keep losing couple of key assets every year for free when we are grinding out and not doing signings for 2-3mil gaps.. makes no sense

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Absolutely he'll be next. Or PSG will just buy him very soon.

pkriston

Primavera
Reaction score
Sit him now , and see if he can be sold in January.

I'm a big fan, but it's sad when when these contract situations keep screwing us over and over again.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
waiting for your contract to expire is smart for the players...they can choose wherever they want to go for a bigger wage since theres no fee. even if the agent gets something,.

mbappe is doing that to psg!

That?s not true. PSG are the ones refusing to sell Mbappe for 200 million. He wants to leave and PSG got a 200+ million offer for him.

It would be like is getting an 80 million offer for Kessie and refusing the bid. In that case we can?t blame him if he leaves for free next season

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bench then let him go. Simple as fuck lel.

Not the first player to act like this.

Will not be the last one either.

These shitheads got 10-15 years of a career so they want to make as much as they can. At the same time, believing that the largest possible source of income is your salary is such a sad thing for everybody, not just professional athletes.

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Pioli is confirmed as the biggest beta bitch boy if he doesn't sit Kessie. Sit him, make him rot. If he signs a contract, then play him, and we can continue the love that everyone used to have for him. if he doesn't, then sit him and try and swap players with another team in January. Done.

Last edited:

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
putting kessie in the stands, hurts our chances of qualifying for the CL next season. hes basically our best player at this point.

my thing with romagnoli is that the potential is there....i fear he might be like barzagli where he blooms later in career.

can't have that attitude here, for both, they sign or sit. And yes once Romagnoli leaves he will play great again. He had 1 half bad season last year that's it. Now he's public enemy #1... weird.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That missed penalty could have cost us until Rebic-Ibra closed the game with the 2nd goal.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I mean his last two penalty misses have been against Juve and Fiorentina in games where we won 3-0 and 2-0 respectively.. might be a lucky charm?

Anyway, he'll sign that contract on our terms.