Week 12: Milan vs Inter 07/11/2021 20:45 CEST

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure how you lot can say we deserved the win. Sure we could've won it but the barella chance in the first half. Vidal double chance. Hakan hitting across the goal. I think the draw is fair enough and a good result. Knowing that Napoli have a very difficult run until the half way point and inter have slightly harder games than us too.
Because you forget all our chances, Leao, Alexis, Ibra, Rebic, and countless others; the fact that their goal came from a dubious penalty, is enough.

We hit the post, and we have to pretend because they had some shots, and so did we, that a draw was a fair result when Broz should have been sent off?

The ref let so many fouls go, and then gave fouls whenever Inter were in trouble.

He stopped the game, TWICE, when we had the ball in Inter half for NON HEAD INJURY Inter players on the ground, when the ref does NOT have to stop play for that.

Skirinar literally fell over, Rebic didn't touch him, otherwise, Rebic is gone on goal or at least into the box.

I can keep going, but I am just so insanely upset at this draw. It feels like a loss. Especially with a fair ref, we crush them.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Toure got put in the spin cycle just before the second penalty. Hes probably still dizzy. That looked even more ridiculous than the foul for the penalty.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
And people need to gain some perspective. At the minute, with the squad we have, Pioli is untouchable. The guy has done something very special. It was ten years ago since we were a top team. A great spirit and hunger with an intent to attack.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
The draw is a good result, considering the issues we have with our squad. If we manage not to lose vs Napoli, then I think we'll be winter champions with a good margin, a we've played almost all the tough opponents, while Napoli are yet to do so... and they have dropped points vs teams that we've won against (Roma, Verona). We just got unlucky vs Juve, but otherwise I think we are looking better.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Guys quit hating on Kevin Constantinho.

He once dribbled past 5 Zebras. o_O

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Draw was a fair result but I feel we could have won it. The ref was horseshit, his first half performance was inexplicable and VAR was even worse. I can go on forever about this but I want to comment on the actual play.

Inter had control over midfield and Pioli did okay to reenergize it in time although Inter could have easily scored a second. We were missing key players who are important in our attacking set up.

A special applause goes to Tatarusanu and his epic PK save and overall performance.

Kessie can fuck off with his 8m per season demand. I can't believe how shameless some of these cunts are. Barella who is a much more proven player has agreed to 4.5m and this idiot wants double that? Fuck off. Calhanoglu is not worth mentioning because he is unworthy.

The result is satisfactory and good to keep pushing for the finish line.

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This was a won if:
- Pioli did start Salemakers with Krunic
- Then sub in Brahim for Krunic at 70th when Merda are tired. Brahim would have finished them.

Clearly we missed Theo today, Kessie does not show motivation anymore, Ref ... no word just clear match fixing.
Hakan, Our players should stop talking to him after his celebration.

Finally one point is good to take, most important is that we did not lose points to Napoli and Inter today so Neutral journey!

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Hakan was quite good today, he was definitely motivated to play well against us. Holds a grudge or whatever. His celebration showed that, whatever. Go back to being a flop after this anyway

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I must say I’m so impressed with Tara. He really stepped up. He had big shoes to fill with big Mike gone injured and he proved himself. I’m so happy for him. He’s been amazing and prove himself to be a great backup. Full respect to him. I won’t be so worried if Big Mike misses games next time. Obviously I don’t want that but Tata has proven himself.

Honestly I like Krunic as a backup but I feel he doesn’t add anything creatively or offensively. I don’t think he should have started today or at least Diaz should have been CAM. This strategy didn’t work out from Pioli.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The one match that Krunic really stood up is against lazio, and he didn't play as CAM. He plays as busquests

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Very good result, but I hate these cunts beyond belief. A draw is never enough, but viewed through rational glasses we kept the status quo at the table and stay +7 over Inter.

I tend to get a a little fed up by the complaining about the referee every single game, but tonight I thought Doveri was downright partial. The penalty situations were clean enough, but in all the on-field situations where elbows, hands and stubs were interchanged, Inter always got a freekick but we didn't. Situations concering Tonali especially were fucking laughable.

Kessie can go fuck himself, second big game he's squandered in a big way this season. Decent performance on the whole, but you don't make a calamitous penalty situation like that for the team in the fucking derby. Maybe if you hire a million dollar lawyer it can be argued no pen, but I would have happily taken that as a pen for us.

As for the squad, I'm proud of where we've come. Inter were superior for large portions of the second half, but the way we showed up for the final 15 was championship fucking mentality. We were the likelier team to sneak one in at the end, and it hurts badly that Saele didn't crown his contract renewal with a goal on that beautiful long shot chance.

It was a classic derby with everything on the line in the moment, but after my blood has calmed a little this was a much better result for us than for them.

And grande Tata, that penalty save was utter class. I deserve a whipping for doubting him.

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
7 points is still a big gap. And I cannot understand how the ref allowed this shit to go on.

Bakayoko looked good when coming on. I hope he replaces Kessie soon. I'm tired of him. I defended him for years. Years. I'm done now. He can get out. Bakayoko in form is great. He made his name in a double pivot at Monaco. I hope he can take over.

I also feel like Adli would've done a great job at CAM today.

Alexis also showed how important he is to the balance of our game. A pure RW would throw us off. Granted, Diaz got fouled 40 times, and just because he kept fighting through it, the ref didn't call a foul on him. Insane.

I'm not ready to give up on Toure yet. He needs to be coaches, because he has the tools, but he's all over the place. Kalulu is just a masterful defender, he's just gifted. I hate seeing him on the left, but he was a lion today.

Tonali is the future of this midfield. He's elegant and brutal, literally the talk of a Pirlo/Gattuso hybrid isn't crazy. I'm not saying he's there, but the potential is insane.

Calabria got left to be doubled and overloaded constantly, but he dealt with it.

Leao looked exhausted. I hope he doesn't play a second for Portugal. He needs to rest. So glad to see Rebic. He's a big game player.

Oh, and everyone owes Tata an apology. A lot of them. Including me.

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We still undefeated. That's what counts. Draw was fair result for tonight tbh. Even though I don't know why Pioli didn't started Saele as RW and Brahim on his position

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Kalulu deserves to be the backup on both sides of the defense. He is such a gem.

Saele looked fresh today because he was a sub, a much needed shorter game appearance for him. I applaud Pioli for the Diaz move, starting Krunic was the right call and even tho Diaz didn't perform to expectation it was an interesting idea worth testing.

Rebic is such a fucking stud, great to have him healthy again. We need Messias back for more options on RW, Diaz is back as starting AM against Viola hopefully.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He stopped the game, TWICE, when we had the ball in Inter half for NON HEAD INJURY Inter players on the ground, when the ref does NOT have to stop play for that.
I still can't believe he did that.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
About Saelemakers giving this team balance, I read an excerpt from Sacchis book in which he emphasised emphasised importance of Colombo on the right and how he considered him such an important player. I think this applies to Saelemakers, its about finding the balance and Saele offers that. If we want a new player on the right he should be a right midfielder, not a right winger.. for the sake of balance. This is why I wanted De Paul or presumably Chiesa, rather than someone like Ilicic.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I can forgive Kessie for that miss but his decision making to give the penalty away was just smh.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I must say I’m so impressed with Tara. He really stepped up. He had big shoes to fill with big Mike gone injured and he proved himself. I’m so happy for him. He’s been amazing and prove himself to be a great backup. Full respect to him. I won’t be so worried if Big Mike misses games next time. Obviously I don’t want that but Tata has proven himself.

Honestly I like Krunic as a backup but I feel he doesn’t add anything creatively or offensively. I don’t think he should have started today or at least Diaz should have been CAM. This strategy didn’t work out from Pioli.
I was so worried that he was going to play for so long. He's been amazing. Best performance today and would be a shout for MotM for the penalty save alone.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FDnk1XVXMAowWp3

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When I am losing my mind about the ref. People think it's just about penalties. No. It's small fouls, lack of cards, what he allows to happen.

He was atrocious today. Atrocious.
He just looked at Calabria and pointed at the touchline, shaming him into kicking it out. ITS NOT YOUR FUCKING JOB!!!!!!!!! I honestly think he did that as a form of retribution for the Felipe Anderson goal, maybe the FIGC feel like they were in the wrong with that one, I don't know. It was clearly something unusual, i've never seen it happen before.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
But this derby...mammamia all the emotions I go through. Its crazy.

Imo Milan - Juve cant even compare.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He just looked at Calabria and pointed at the touchline, shaming him into kicking it out. ITS NOT YOUR FUCKING JOB!!!!!!!!! I honestly think he did that as a form of retribution for the Felipe Anderson goal, maybe the FIGC feel like they were in the wrong with that one, I don't know. It was clearly something unusual, i've never seen it happen before.
It was scandalous. When Dzeko was down, why did we have to stop? We didn't. Then Inter got to kick it back to us in our half?

Absolute horseshit.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Because you forget all our chances, Leao, Alexis, Ibra, Rebic, and countless others; the fact that their goal came from a dubious penalty, is enough.

We hit the post, and we have to pretend because they had some shots, and so did we, that a draw was a fair result when Broz should have been sent off?

The ref let so many fouls go, and then gave fouls whenever Inter were in trouble.

Skirinar literally fell over, Rebic didn't touch him, otherwise, Rebic is gone on goal or at least into the box.

I can keep going, but I am just so insanely upset at this draw. It feels like a loss. Especially with a fair ref, we crush them.

Doveri got the clear assignment to make Serie A exciting again

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I am losing my mind about the ref. People think it's just about penalties. No. It's small fouls, lack of cards, what he allows to happen.

He was atrocious today. Atrocious.
It was this consistent shitty behaviour on the smaller situations, favoring Inter that made me red in the face.

Some of those calls were fucking unbelievable. Leao ran circles around Dzeko and had his shirt torn to bits, and Doveri just looked on with a vegatative stare and let play go on.

When this goes on for an entire match it's almost as bad as a major call gone wrong in the final minutes. But I bet he's given a pat on the back by the association.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
About Saelemakers giving this team balance, I read an excerpt from Sacchis book in which he emphasised emphasised importance of Colombo on the right and how he considered him such an important player. I think this applies to Saelemakers, its about finding the balance and Saele offers that. If we want a new player on the right he should be a right midfielder, not a right winger.. for the sake of balance. This is why I wanted De Paul or presumably Chiesa, rather than someone like Ilicic.
Lovely take. Loved to read

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Doveri got the clear assignment to make Serie A exciting again
Brahim got shoved so much, it was insane that he didn't get any fouls. Insane.

I also am pretty sure Toure gets the ball on the second pen. While I'd say most refs for the first pen would say "too big a game, not a pen."

If he gave yellows to broz and Barella, fine. If he gives a pen in the first half for the shove on Ibra, fine. But he didn't.

The idea that we are lucky is hilarious. With just fair refereeing, we would have 2 more points in Serie A, and SIX more in the CL.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It was scandalous. When Dzeko was down, why did we have to stop? We didn't. Then Inter got to kick it back to us in our half?

Absolute horseshit.
Our players should have just ignored him. He was being an asshole all game, why give him that respect? What's he going to do, just whistle to stop the play? For a non head injury? I'd like to see him try that.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Considering how terrible the referees have been lately, I would love for a public lynching of a poorly performing ref at half time, but if we can't have that, I would be content with introducing another ref to issue the original one with a red card and take his place for the second half. That would make the game much better.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Absolute horseshit.
The worst thing about it is the fact that I fear the situation will be considered "insignificant" and therefore won't even be discussed. It was a fucking scandalous call.

Schedule