Week 13: Fiorentina vs Milan 20/11/2021 20:45 CET

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that's bollocks.

Tata literally caught and then dropped the ball. Even if Gabbia did a cartwheel and threw the ball in our own goal with his ass cheeks he isn't as much to blame as Tata
If Tata dropped the ball and a Fiorentina player kicked it in under no pressure, then yes it's his fault. Tata's error went unpunished the moment it fell to Gabbia. He had a easy opportunity to clear the ball and he didn't.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
They were clinical, we didn't finish our chances.
They were insanely clinical. 8 shots, 5 on target, 4 goals.
This hardly ever happens to anyone.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Today wasn't about our summer transfers. Messias, Florenzi, Giroud, none of them made errors today.

All our errors are from players who were in the squad. Theo, one of the best left backs in the world, fucked up. Gabbia, the supposed no Brainer replacement for Romagnoli, was horrific, and Tata, who has shut up everyone so far (including me) had a bad error.

The loss was on us, not our transfer market. Other games might have been, but today, was completely on us.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: Ryo

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
They were insanely clinical. 8 shots, 5 on target, 4 goals.
This hardly ever happens to anyone.
Yeh this is insane.

We've seen 1 shot 1 goal type of games but 5 shots 4 shots ive never seen in my life. Just absurd.

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
Although Gabbia was poor throughout the match and his positioning was woeful, particularly for Vlahovic’s first goal, he can’t share fault with Tatarusanu for the first goal. The keeper dropped the ball from a comfortable catch and he was supposed to fall right back onto the ball. How many times have we seen a keeper drop the ball right next to them and immediately grab the ball or lay on top of it. If Gabbia would’ve attempted to clear it and it ricocheted off of someone and went into the net, he would’ve been equally vilified. He was waiting for this slow, lanky clown to immediately get the ball and was trying to shield the ball for him. Unfortunately, it was poked into the goal.
That situation exactly sums up the main issue with Gabbia - he is far too passive. If you are closest to the ball you have to deal with it, you can’t wait for teammates to do something. It was very amateurish

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This kind of game happen in a season. From the start I think we will win because we got too much space. But then everything collapsed starting by Tata and Gabbia massive error. Too many misses in front of the goal.
Pioli should stop ghis with Kessie playing between the CBs, and trying too risky with unfit and inexperimented Gabbia. Salemakers is the kind of player who lack intelligence.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
But they wouldn't have been this year if they weren't BOUGHT this year.
Agreed but we want to improve the team from where it was, not just stand in place.

They were purchased this year but they were already part of the squad. Then when you take into account that no AM was bought to replace Hakan and a last second delivery covered RW which we hoped would be greatly upgraded for two seasons now it is hard to see the team building quality-wise from last season. The thought process must be that the youth would flourish and some have but its obvious that AM/RW remain an issue despite Brahim being better.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Gabbia absolutely is more to blame for the goal than Tata. Tata dropped the ball, but it fell to our player. Anyone with a good instinct will just hoof the ball clear. Gabbia decided to shield the ball and assume that Tata or someone else will get it. What on earth was he thinking? Tata made a technical error, he tried to hold the ball and he dropped it. It's a bad fuckup, and it's really not something a professional goalkeeper should do, but it's not a bad decision, he caught the ball. Gabbia made a catastrophic decision and that's an indication that his instincts are bad. That's something that I always saw in him and it's tragic to see it result in a goal (or two) today.
True, his instincts were poor. That could be seen throughout the match, he was being bailed out all night. That error is Tatarusanu’s MO. He is due an error after every few or so matches when he gets minutes. For such a tall keeper with long limbs, he is very uncomfortable in the air compared to Mike.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If Tata dropped the ball and a Fiorentina player kicked it in under no pressure, then yes it's his fault. Tata's error went unpunished the moment it fell to Gabbia. He had a easy opportunity to clear the ball and he didn't.
I still don't agree. If Tata did not do that, we would not have conceded.

You don't blame the final error, you blame the big one.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gabbia made two minor errors here that resulted in the goal, even though Theo made the major fuck up in the end. He didn't offer Tata an option to his left and forced Theo short, then when he recieved the ball he just booted it up as usual, and it got intercepted. When Theo got the ball he didn't make himself an option, he just pointed at Tata.

Theo made a huge mistake, but look at the replay and see how bad Gabbia is, just so passive and completely lost.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Today wasn't about our summer transfers. Messias, Florenzi, Giroud, none of them made errors today.

All our errors are from players who were in the squad. Theo, one of the best left backs in the world, fucked up. Gabbia, the supposed no Brainer replacement for Romagnoli, was horrific, and Tata, who has shut up everyone so far (including me) had a bad error.

The loss was on us, not our transfer market. Other games might have been, but today, was completely on us.
I agree that our existing players made the errors but the reason you look to strengthen is because when your main guys arent doing it you can turn to others. They did little to help though I concede there isnt much Giroud could do today even though in some instances he looked really rough with his touches.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If it was in question between Tata and Gabbia, fine, more room to argue.

Tata literally jumped up, grabbed the ball safely, and then dropped it. Gabbia tried then to shield the ball which was the wrong decision.

Gabbia is not the one at fault for that goal, it was Tata's fault.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Theo is definitely at fault for the goal, no question, and it's not the first time he's done that. It's a really bad habit and he needs to stop this ASAP. But look at a replay of the goal and look at Gabbia's positioning. He should have sprinted to the LCB zone to push Theo out wide.
Gabbia played scared. He was terrified. You are right that his positioning was terrible. I think he's much, much better on the right side. But his poor positioning doesn't excuse the error, I get what you're saying: Theo's error was fueled by Gabbia being so off. Theo is good enough and smart enough to realize there is a kid there and to just kick it out.

Romangoli's positioning is the best on our team, and today really underlined that.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still don't agree. If Tata did not do that, we would not have conceded.

You don't blame the final error, you blame the big one.
No, you look at which error was critical in conceding the goal. Tata's error was bad, but it resulted in the ball in a Milan player's possession. Gabbia's error was critical because it resulted in a goal. It's not complicated.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Theo tbh was largely under the weather today. Kalulu was superior on his side when he was on the pitch.

Also, I am growing tired of Giroud. I understand we had two big men on, but Giroud just strikes me as so limited.

He's here to be a target man and effectively every single thing he is meant to be good at, he's worse at than 40 year old Ibra (who admittedly is a supernatural player)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
No, you look at which error was critical in conceding the goal. Tata's error was bad, but it resulted in the ball in a Milan player's possession. Gabbia's error was critical because it resulted in a goal. It's not complicated.
Tata had literally caught the ball and then dropped it.

If Tata caught the ball, somehow threw it towards the goal and Gabbia almost blocked it on the line but it still went in, would you blame Gabbia? He was the critical mistake in that goal.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Theo tbh was largely under the weather today. Kalulu was superior on his side when he was on the pitch.

Also, I am growing tired of Giroud. I understand we had two big men on, but Giroud just strikes me as so limited.

He's here to be a target man and effectively every single thing he is meant to be good at, he's worse at than 40 year old Ibra (who admittedly is a supernatural player)
Italiano forced them very very deep with an insane high line and offside trap. We could have punished this some other way, probably with Leao and Theo running late behind them, or Kalulu or whatever, but we didn't. We kept trying to play it centrally where Ibra can't run onto it, and kept running too early and offside. If the game was being played in their box then we can maximize the use out of Giroud and Ibra. Italiano really took advantage that we were playing either Giroud or Ibra up front and not a mobile striker.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Tatas mistake lead to a goal and Gabbia should've prevented it

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tata had literally caught the ball and then dropped it.

If Tata caught the ball, somehow threw it towards the goal and Gabbia almost blocked it on the line but it still went in, would you blame Gabbia? He was the critical mistake in that goal.
No, because attempting a block and missing is not an error, that hypothetical it would be Tata's fault. Look i'm not saying what Tata did was forgivable, it's just that he got lucky and it fell to his defender. The defender should do his job.

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou

Tata literally jumped up, grabbed the ball safely, and then dropped it. Gabbia tried then to shield the ball which was the wrong decision.

He absolutely is, he could easily have prevented that goal if he had been more assertive. That’s part and parcel of defenders job, doesn’t matter what preceded it. Tata’s error didn’t directly result in a goal

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
No, because attempting a block and missing is not an error, that hypothetical it would be Tata's fault. Look i'm not saying what Tata did was forgivable, it's just that he got lucky and it fell to his defender. The defender should do his job.
Yeah but Tata should do his job too, and clearly didn't.

It's clear we won't agree on this and I won't argue with you on it.

Gabbia was at fault for their second goal, but for the first one, that was a nothing if Tata had not dropped the ball from a safely caught situation.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
I didnt watch the first half, i think messias-florenzi were useless, offer 0 to build up, they are just there to play when ball already in the center, which is big loss when tonali not there, pioli should took off kessie and play benny on the left tonali on the right (he helps kjaer a lot), and where is rogmanoli?

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

That is when you look at what comes first. In this way Tata leads to Gabbia. But I will argument it in this way:

Tata had an accident (the ball slipped out of his hands)
Gabbia made a mistake (a wrong call)

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree that our existing players made the errors but the reason you look to strengthen is because when your main guys arent doing it you can turn to others. They did little to help though I concede there isnt much Giroud could do today even though in some instances he looked really rough with his touches.
Messias has had two games, one was good, one was bad. I'm not excited by him, I think Faivre fucked up negotiations with his antics. We clearly wanted someone else, I disagree it was about money, but that's for another day.

Yes, we need to improve. But our transfers weren't the problem here. If the idea is, we get in better players, we don't lose this game, but then... should we ever lose a game? We are going to lose games. With a proper RW, we still could have lost this game. Leao was doing everything right... until he got in the final third. If we had Faivre, and he did the same thing, the effect is the same.

If anyone thought a top class 4th choice CB, and a new backup GK was a huge priority missed, I'll concede that that person was right. But I wasn't concerned about those spots, but RW and CAM.

Giroud did dirty work today, but his linkup play needs to improve. But he's a battering ram, works hard, and created space and disruption. Florenzi did well at RB, allowing Messias the space to run, but he had a bad game. Florenzi looked fast today, I hope he can improve, and Messias, because until January, we have no choice but to wait.

My worry now is injuries, because today was about errors and injuries.

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Why are you all trying to decide if that's on Tata or on Gabbia?
Both equally are 100% responsible for that goal. None of them were better or less guilty than the other. Also, on the 4th goal, they again shared the same 2nd rank responsible, 1st responsible being Theo.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
tata made a mistake, gabbia could fix it with kicking the ball away but he didnt

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why are you all trying to decide if that's on Tata or on Gabbia?
Both equally are 100% responsible for that goal. None of them were better or less guilty than the other. Also, on the 4th goal, they again shared the same 2nd rank responsible, 1st responsible being Theo.
Because I want everyone to realize what a bad defender Gabbia is. We all know how bad Tata is.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Couldn't watch, but disappointed by the result.

Sounds like a fluke game tho with maximum bad luck. Hopefully this was a needed reality check.

Why blame the summer transfer window on this? :lol:

Schedule