Official: Stefano Pioli Thread

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Contract renewal live show from Milan, was beautiful to watch.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Grande mister.
Can't believe there are still ppl who doubt this guy. In every match thread ppl cry about subs, then 5 mins later we start scoring. How many times he has to prove it?
For this current Milan, in this period, he is the best coach possible. Forza Pioli

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope he win scudetto . Padre deserve this.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can't believe there are still ppl who doubt this guy. In every match thread ppl cry about subs, then 5 mins later we start scoring. How many times he has to prove it?

Every coach has schlubs in online communities who attack them due to their use of subs.

"I don't hate him, but why is he always so slow to make subs??"
"Why does he always bring on [insert player name]?"
"Why does he not change tactics when it clearly doesn't work? Time for 3-4-1-2!"

We've seen this with every Milan coach, and if you look up other clubs' forums, or speak to their fans you'll hear the same crap, about Allegri, Conte, Pep, Carlo, Klopp, etc.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Contract renewal live show from Milan, was beautiful to watch.

Fully deserved. 2 years in the job. Not had much to spend, but he's managed to turn us into a top side again.

Im strugging to think of another manager who's had such an impact with so little to work with. Then you throw in the injuries ... the mans a Legend.

bola

Primavera
Reaction score
Fully deserved. 2 years in the job. Not had much to spend, but he's managed to turn us into a top side again.

Im strugging to think of another manager who's had such an impact with so little to work with. Then you throw in the injuries ... the mans a Legend.
Gasperini and mazzari (at Napoli)

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Every coach has schlubs in online communities who attack them due to their use of subs.

"I don't hate him, but why is he always so slow to make subs??"
"Why does he always bring on [insert player name]?"
"Why does he not change tactics when it clearly doesn't work? Time for 3-4-1-2!"

We've seen this with every Milan coach, and if you look up other clubs' forums, or speak to their fans you'll hear the same crap, about Allegri, Conte, Pep, Carlo, Klopp, etc.
That wasn't my point at all. There are enough ppl on this forum who would want to upgrade on Pioli and you can see that at every slight mistake he does.
People can critique Klopp for his arguable decisions but i doubt they want to "upgrade" him every game.

And i remember very well how ppl treated Carlo on this forum, but to be honest his subs were really strange :D Like he tried to confuse everyone with them

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That wasn't my point at all. There are enough ppl on this forum who would want to upgrade on Pioli and you can see that at every slight mistake he does.
People can critique Klopp for his arguable decisions but i doubt they want to "upgrade" him every game.

And i remember very well how ppl treated Carlo on this forum, but to be honest his subs were really strange :D Like he tried to confuse everyone with them
Yeah, that's true. Pioli has more than the usual "omfg yy u make ******** subs" crowd and Captain Hindsights on him.
There are a lot of ungrateful twats who don't deserve to be part of this wonderful Pioli-led journey after almost a decade of misery. He makes mistakes. I criticize him too. But insulting him, calling for him to be replaced every time there's a setback, constantly bringing up a past which you haven't followed, etc....
Yeah, some deserve to be stuck in banter era.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
People who call for Pioli to be replaced need to be tortured with Giampaolo videos

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, that's true. Pioli has more than the usual "omfg yy u make ******** subs" crowd and Captain Hindsights on him.
There are a lot of ungrateful twats who don't deserve to be part of this wonderful Pioli-led journey after almost a decade of misery. He makes mistakes. I criticize him too. But insulting him, calling for him to be replaced every time there's a setback, constantly bringing up a past which you haven't followed, etc....
Yeah, some deserve to be stuck in banter era.
#PioliOut

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
People who call for Pioli to be replaced need to be tortured with Giampaolo videos
every serious coach that would come to milan and talk with maldini about formation and style of playing 4231/433 - attacking football, pressing and high line in defense
will ask for players - 2nd fast cb to rotate with tomori, real rw and some option for am (because krunic isnt so we have only diaz) - just for start.
that is why i dont get much hate on pioli - his results are much better than squad he has to work with
sure you cant be wrong, in long term coach will fail and get sack - as every coach - so its not very inspiring

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
People who autisticaly screech for Pioli to be replaced without suggesting who he should be replaced with, shouldn't be taken too serious.
Pioli is human and humans often make mistakes. I thought for a second that he couldn't coach in Europe, but if you look at the CL experience of our squad, you can connect the dots yourself.
I remember some people (can't remember names) wanted Mourinho :lol: I'm glad those people aren't in command.
If we had a bigger budget like P$G or someting, and a different set of players, sure Pioli could be sacked for losing the first 3 games in the CL, but we are in a different situation.
Lots of people think they know better than Pioli who to field, go guys get a coaching license and prove it.

Piolis extension is coming up? Its justified that he gets the extension.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
i just gave up on pioli, he is just dumb
and if we want to play attacking offensive football there is no reason to go for any italian trash

i can understand and even defend pioli for limited options he has, understand he isnt to blame for defensive errors lately but he isnt learning anything imo

- krunic offer nothing as a winger, theo will do nothing in attack because theo + white tree vs 3 players isnt possible to deliver
- diaz is not in form/tired and you use him over and over again instead rotate him (with krunic who shouldnt be on the wing) - use him as last 30 minutes sub when there is more space.
using him as a starter against physical and defensive oriented teams when our wingers cant make any chaos and space for ibra and diaz is pointless
- we dont really press - i called it long time ago, we just faking press but always to slow so players have time to look around and pass
- that lead us to being all over the pitch, giving much space for other teams in attack - and thats what they want
- with kjaer and tomori we were often around middle line for reduce playing/pressing area but we dont do same with romag and tomori
- reliable defense was carry us before when our attack was lacking regular starters - can we have 0:0 games till 60th minute and when opponent get tired (and gave us space) just finish him with overall quality in our team??
- swap to 433 to allow fullbacks like theo and rb to attack and limited cms can just cover - also would help to control the games
- baka isnt footballer for open football teams - more space he has to cover -> more things he needs to do with the ball -> more crap he looks - but with 2 cms next to him (433) maybe he will look better

looks like pioli fell into the trap that we are good - our team even when we were using limited players still usually deliver results before but it was overperforming and based on good defending.
now also mindset of our team changed, we believe we are good enough to win with everyone in serieA, but when we gifting the goals and players are conscious of our injures (and limits) in attack we becoming nervous, shaky and impatient

so start adding 1 to 1, fix things instead of talking about hard work and optimism in our games.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who autisticaly screech for Pioli to be replaced without suggesting who he should be replaced with, shouldn't be taken too serious.
Pioli is human and humans often make mistakes. I thought for a second that he couldn't coach in Europe, but if you look at the CL experience of our squad, you can connect the dots yourself.
I remember some people (can't remember names) wanted Mourinho :lol: I'm glad those people aren't in command.
If we had a bigger budget like P$G or someting, and a different set of players, sure Pioli could be sacked for losing the first 3 games in the CL, but we are in a different situation.
Lots of people think they know better than Pioli who to field, go guys get a coaching license and prove it.

Piolis extension is coming up? Its justified that he gets the extension.

giphy (1).gif

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
also look at lpool - probably best attacking and pressing team in europe
they have fast and physical players in midfield and when they press (also other players) they arent afraid of fouling opponents (not brutal plays just good fight on the pitch) - maybe ref wont call a foul, maybe they will win the ball, and in worst case scenario they wont let opponent to pass them because he is on the ground.
we are just nice team, playing technical football, usually nobody except ibra/olig, kessie and defenders play in that way - dont be soo f... SOFT every game, because other dont play like that

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I hate it when a coach is stuck with a formation. He's tried 442 but it's too similar.

We have the players for a 433, especially in midfield. When Diaz gets stuck like that we've to try something different.

Diaz's role in general is something I don't like. Too stationary and gets out muscled to quickly and to often. He should be moving over larger areas and making deep runs.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
433 would be nice, but we only have 1 winger at disposal of the team, and his name is Salad. So we don’t have wingers for a 433.
Tactical change would be nice but our current injuries doesn’t allow too much of a change.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Blonde Mastour att LW and Meessias att RW.

But I'm not just talking about now, but in general. Three man midfield should be tried considering the players we have there.

Bennacer - Tonali - Kessie

This midfield could be really good.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
No doubt about the midfield being good, can they link to the attack? Salad is a 60minute player, Messias…we don’t know yet. Then we also need a striker that doesn’t need some one close to him like Ibra. Lacking a mobile striker, is a big concern for a tactical shift for us.
I’m all in for trying it out and hopefully Pioli will do that.
I’m not hopeful for a succes with this tactic against Napoli. Also this 3-man midfield will be gassed before minute 80, against a pacey side. Hopefully I’m wrong.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thank good break is near. This Midtable coach is starting to lose again. Sasuolo and Napoli wining at San Siro he is getting better, no Benevento's this time.

Maldini is very emotional human being .After win against Atletico they already prepared Pioli a new contract. Time to look for new coaches. Pioli need to work to keep this team in top 4. We have team for that.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Thank good break is near. This Midtable coach is starting to lose again. Sasuolo and Napoli wining at San Siro he is getting better, no Benevento's this time.

Maldini is very emotional human being .After win against Atletico they already prepared Pioli a new contract. Time to look for new coaches. Pioli need to work to keep this team in top 4. We have team for that.
you look on performances of players like saele, samu, krunic, gabbia (first games for acm) and kalulu (first professional games on top level) and you think he didnt make miracle in season 20/21 and 3 months of current??
add injures of ibra, leao on/off and crap performances of tonali last season...

pioli is dumb but make team works,
but there is no squad to play attacking football for now and its not pioli fault

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

So a couple of losses and were gonna ignore all the good he's done

Sounds like a plan

Unless we're getting Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti, Sarri .... majoriry of the rest will be "midtable" coaches...so it wouldn't really be an improvememt if thats how you view Pioli

Pioli deserved the extension tbh ... has nothing to do with the Atleti result imho

Look at our forward line. Ibra and Giroud...almost 80 yrs between them and little to no movement. Teams can play high up and we're pushed back...cant even play the ball over the top cos they aint got the pace to beat their man

Everytime one of those 2 start....physically we're a man down from the beginning. The amount of times were caught offside is laughable.

I could list more...but it wont matter. All i see is a coach who has got us back to the to top. Despite the many obstacles in his way

And dont forget the massive injury crisis...you saw what it did to klopps liveepool last season...they lost 6 games at home on the bounce iirc.

Look at how many coaches we've had over the years. Let's give this one the time he deserves.

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
People who are saying Pioli is no good have lost their minds.

Compare our squad when fully fit up against any of the others in the top 6. We have a bunch of young kids and a few old men and somehow Pioli has allowed us to be not only top 4 but battling for the Scudetto.
Now factor in all those injuries we have gotten .

He does make some minor mistakes but overall he is the right leader at the club and he should stay. The worse things about AC Milan come from the overall club's management and to a degree is out of his hands.

Schedule