The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
You did say our current attack is holding us back, I just checked.

We have 3 players that can play RW, Saelemaekers, Messias and Florenzi. Most people think we need to upgrade this position, and I agree, but everything that was done up to this point in the previous markets was far more important and had to take a much higher priority. For this reason the RW position this season is what it is and we have to live with it. I think it’s good enough for our targets.

You’re talking as if we have unlimited resources and no FFP limitations. We have to prioritize what we do each summer. We chose to defer the CF and RW because we had bigger problems elsewhere, and could use Messias and Giroud to delay that decision. I think this was a great move by Maldini to stretch our budget and make sure we have a robust squad.

Florenzi was signed as a RB backup after United didn't agree to loan out Dalot again, he shouldn't hinder a RW signing as a temporary player anyway. FFP has been inofficially suspended and will be replaced next season by a new system.

We offered 12m+3m for Faivre in the summer, only a small amount of that money was used to sign Messias. Rumours are we still want Faivre, so we should have some budget left, especially in case if we remain in european competition.

Don't think we disagree that much, other than some details and that i give a higher priority to finishing what we initially planned to do in the summer (let go off Samu + replace him with Faivre) and strengthen the the team even more just to be sure this season goes well.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I agree that Zaniolo would be a real thing in Milan. Exactly a tipe of RW this team needs. But eh...

Also the euphoria is too large. We are equal with Načoli and currently +1 on inter. While needing to win vs liverpool and some luck to pass the group. The team still needs work and needs few players in mercato to be completed. I understand the happines of seeing out Milan back at solid levels again but lets not act like we are on the top of the Europe.

For me a scudetto would be a miracle with this team. Also we have injury stuff that needs to be sorted.

Alvarez... superb finisher, good for false 9 or rw. 25mln clause is solid.

P. S.
Check Vlahovic pass, movement and goal today... wow

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It definitely means something to be first and gives reason to be cautiously optimistic, but nothing about that is conclusive. Nobody at this point last year thought Inter would ultimately leave us behind by quite a large margin and that we nearly would miss out on CL football again.

Any team that presses a lot like us always risks running out of steam. Proving that won't be the case again will be the big challenge this season.

I do we think we can win the Scudetto btw, but the first step is to remain humble and learn from the mistakes of last season (that weren't only injury related). And maybe selling Samu in January and buying Faivre or Alvarez as a replacement wouldn't hurt either.

There were two anomalies last season in the 2nd half:

1. Our injury crisis
2. That 79 points were barely enough for CL qualification when usually 79 points get you comfortably in CL.

If there's anything I could criticize Pioli and his staff for then it's the injury prohibition department. More often than not that's what's holding us back, not the quality of the squad or attacking department.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Florenzi was signed as a RB backup after United didn't agree to loan out Dalot again, he shouldn't hinder a RW signing as a temporary player anyway. FFP has been inofficially suspended and will be replaced next season by a new system.

We offered 12m+3m for Faivre in the summer, only a small amount of that money was used to sign Messias. Rumours are we still want Faivre, so we should have some budget left, especially in case if we remain in european competition.

Don't think we disagree that much, other than some details and that i give a higher priority to finishing what we initially planned to do in the summer (let go off Samu + replace him with Faivre) and strengthen the the team even more just to be sure this season goes well.
FFP might be suspended. The fact that we still bleed 95M per year remains. We're not in the position to spend fuck all. There's still a lot of catching up to do.

Babysteps is the key word. I'd also like to see us fix everything in one window but that's not realistic and insensitive in times of worldwide economic crisis.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Im willing to accept it if i get pink colored name
But i have reason to suspect a certain mod here has sabotaged my reaction score

-225 oh myy.
He set you up

HideousInconsequentialJerboa-size_restricted.gif

Wes... lol!

and they say mods cant be bribed.

La Chupacabra

Primavera aficionado
Reaction score
Gustavo Gomez won Copa Libertadores again as captain. A trip to our trophy museum makes miracles...
Screenshot_20211128-012745_Sportal.jpg

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
[This is really long, my bad. If you make a joke about "not reading" or tl:dr, wow, so original, but... totally fair, lol.]

We are dealing with an injury crisis, for the second year in a row. If we weren't hurt last year, we would have pushed Inter for the title. If you want to say that the medical staff is holding back our team from reaching its potential, I'll co-sign that statement.

We didn't "barely qualify" for the CL, we didn't have to depend on any other results going our way, we had our destiny in our hands, we could have won against Cagliari, and that would have wrapped up the CL, but we tied, but we still had qualifying in our hands, so this whole "barely qualifying" crap is just a way for you to feel better about shitting on this team and what it has achieved.

This team has literally broken records. We're not some small team, this is Milan, a club that has incredible history and has had incredible squads before this. So breaking records isn't because we're PSG and our history was shit and all of a sudden we've built a super team. Our 90's teams, our 80's teams, our 2000's teams, none of them have done what this team has done, winning as much as they have until this point. Does that mean anything? No, neither does being "winter champions," but you guys are saying "barely this" and "barely that," but don't you see progress? This squad's window of success is changing, the performances of the players are growing, the team is getting stronger, and you're saying "well, they're not dominant!" or you're saying "we're dominant, but we didn't do well!" or you pick out "OMG! WE DIDN'T DO WELL AGAINST PORTO!" Who gives a shit?

Carlo's Milan was the best team in the world from 2002-2007, we should have won the CL every year that year. Against Juve in 2003, we were better, but it was clear that when Kaka came into the side, we pushed into the next gear, 2005, Liverpool, we were so far superior to them, it was insane. We got robbed against Barca in 2006 in that semi-final, and would have battered Arsenal. 2007 we were the best team in the world, people say Kaka carried the team, but forget the defensive solidity to that team, Kaka wasn't part of that.

But in that period, that same team, had huge hiccups. Against Ajax in 02/03, they were better than us, we got through on a last minute goal. That Ajax team was young, and filled with future stars, but still, we weren't comfortable. In 2007, we struggled against Celtic and needed Kaka magic to push through. How about the meltdown against Deportivo? We lost 4-0 after being up 4-1 in the first leg. A team with Nesta, Maldini, and Cafu conceded 4 goals. That's not supposed to happen, but it did.

The point is, even in the CL, teams have shit games. I've seen plenty of shit games. Did we deserve to lose against Atletico? No, and everyone (neutrals) says that we got robbed. Against Porto, in the first leg, we played like dogshit. But, when you're missing 4 starters in the first leg, and their goal should have been disallowed, while in the second leg, we are missing 3 starters, and again they should have had their goal disallowed, that means we should have 4 points from Porto instead of 1. Shitty games but getting the points is what is most important, and we deserved them, but we didn't get them. If Man Utd or Barca got those sorts of calls against them, there would be a meltdown and every sports show would talk about what is wrong with UEFA. We should have 7 more points in our CL group and be cruising to the next round.

Then to hear complaints about our match against Atletico, where have you been the last 10 years? Do you know who Atletico are? Their coach is named Diego Simeone and he's an asshole, he plays ugly, dirty, disgusting football and they just play on the counter. They wanted us to pour forward for this all-out attack strategy you are calling for, letting anxiety and desperation push you into making mistakes, so that they can catch you on the break. And unlike shitty relegation teams, when you're countering with Greizmann and Suarez, they just need one chance to punish you.

If we were playing like shit, with our full squad, sure, I'd understand. But you wave away injuries like they're nothing. Liverpool, the team that with Man City, looks like the most dominant on the planet, were absolute shit last year. They haven't brought in some new super players, they were injured last year, and even then people were like "Ohhhhhhhhhh, Liverpool sux now." No, they had injuries, and not even as bad as us! Look at them now. And look at what we've achieved, with our injuries.

We lost against Fiorentina. Gabbia made some big mistakes. Tata did. Theo did. We still pushed, and should have at least tied. Leao was wasteful. Ibra was wasteful. We should have scored more, but we didn't. But we dominated them. We probably deserved to win our games against Juve and Inter, as well. So even in our losses and draws, we've deserved more. Have we had bad games? Yeah, we have. Against Porto, against Torino, but Jesus Christ, listening to this "we dominated Atletico, but our attack was bad!"

What in the fuck? You have to be patient in games, it's like you're complaining that a player recycles possession instead of always going forward and attacking with the ball. Sometimes you need to pass back, you need to reset, change the point of attack. Seeing how Leao looked when he was able to rest for a little bit on the International Break, wow, and looking at how great it would be to have Rebic there, and seeing Alexis with some rest, look at the energy he brought against Inter, you are saying "we don't do this, we don't do that," but it seems you don't see what sort of amazing progress there is here.

Is the team finished? No. They're fucking children. In our 2003 final against Juve, Pippo was 30, Sheva was 27, Pirlo was 24, Rino 25, Seedorf 27, Rui Costa 31, like they were all in their prime. Theo is 24, Tomori is 23, Maignan is 26, Calabria is 24, Brahim is 22, Tonali 21, Bennacer 23, Leao is 22, Alexis 22, etc, they're kids. We have the youngest team in the top 5 leagues, that's with Giroud and Ibra pushing up the average age. They are growing. Learning. Winning. Showing up in big games. Taking responsibility when they lose, when they don't perform well, when they make mistakes.

Do we need to add? Yes. But saying that Faivre was "just a a few million" is wrong, actually. Faivre acted like a fucking moron and stopped being a professional. The management at Brest were like "we're a small team, sure, we might be facing relegation, but we're not going to let some player force us into a shit decision." The same Faivre kid is now giving interviews and making his team look bad. If Maldini doesn't want that sort of character on our squad, good. If he still wants him, fine, I'll let him make the judgment call. But people are saying we're cheap and we've been one of the biggest spenders this last summer, in the world.

Again, you want to shit on our medical team, I'm with you. Xavi just fired a bunch of people at Barca, and the fact that there aren't reports over our training staff is weird to me. Maybe we've really just had bad luck? Who knows? From the outside, it looks bad, but other than that, which is the major thing impacting our team more than anything else, what can you say other then "wow! we're playing exciting, attacking football, fast-paced, strong, and we're winning!" Pioli is doing tactical things that is being covered by English pundits, because it's unique and taking stuff from elite teams and mixing it to new, devastating effect. This Milan team is exciting!

After all that, a bunch of you are saying that things are not good? And I'm supposed to say, "hm, good point, we are shit!" What would please you? I don't even care that this is long, because it's annoying to have to argue with fans of other teams, its even worse that after beating Atletico--thanks to a player many of us (including me) didn't want!--we're supposed to say, while being top of the league, "wow, we're shit."

Pioli has had his full team ONCE in 106 games. Once. You said "oh, second season he will be shit!" He hasn't been. He's in his third season and he's still kicking ass. People said: "Pioli will be found out!" He's introducing new formations and tactics, while dealing without his best players. I didn't want Pioli, but he's made me eat shit, while showing that he's actually tactically creative. The annoying part is you take his mistakes as proof he isn't good, when everyone makes mistakes. He isn't Ole, he's actually doing things, he's not just relying on players to bail him out.

Whatever, this is long as shit, but the negativity on here annoys me. I hope we can recover some players, play well and win tomororw, and keep this up, because I fucking love this team. Winning a CL with these boys is going to be special, because we watched them grow, and struggle and fight, and they've proven that they are Milan quality, and hopefully, by pushing themselves to the next level, we can start comparing them to the greats that have worn this storied and beautiful shirt.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Football transfer system in general is imperfect, if not crooked.

1. The pricing system allows unregulated bidding war
2. There is no regulatory action for football agents. They CAN and most likely will interfere with transfers or contract extension.
3. a presence of third party neutral surveyor (lets say they are neutral) is very common in highly valuable asset transaction. is there such thing in football? I dont think so. please do correct me if im wrong

with soo many grey area, no wonder any football club is a great place for money laundering activities.

as for the Juve case, i wont expect any heavy sanction.
creative accounting is a thing and its getting very very common.
and there are soo many plot holes within the system.
Gustavo Gomez won Copa Libertadores again as captain. A trip to our trophy museum makes miracles...
View attachment 469
he’s always an interesting talent

but i think Europe football is just not for everybody

terzino1899

Primavera
Reaction score
I've watched many Venezia games this season (because of their lovely jerseys being the main reason) and I sincerely believe the American Gianluca Busio could become a really good player for us in the future. He's small like Bennacer but could potentially be a better ball distributor.

Caldara when he plays has been rather ordinary although i'm surprised and a bit glad that he can play in a back 4.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Who says Florenzi was signed as a RB backup? He's been signed because he's versatile and can play RB, RW and even CM or AM if needed. It's fair to say that he is part of the RW options. I honestly don't understand this obsession with the RW, as if we are collapsing because we have nobody there. Saelemaekers does an incredible job at balancing the squad and pressing like a madman. He only dropped his intensity after we lost both Florenzi and Messias to long injuries and we had to play him non stop. After a rest, unsurprisingly, he's back to his best and helped us beat Atletico.

We refused Faivre for many reasons. We decided to go for Messias. I don't think we're getting Faivre in winter, it doesn't make sense unless there's a long term injury to someone like Brahim or Messias. We spent a little on Messias because that's how much they valued him at, and they offered more for Faivre for the same reason. It doesn't mean one is better than the other, it's just that their situations are different. Maybe we go for Faivre or another RW/AM this winter, but they'll be third in line at RW and second or maybe even third in AM. That doesn't really imply that this player is the solution to all our problems and will save our failing attack. Saelemaekers is and will be our starting RW until the end of the season, and deservedly so. Brahim is our starting AM and he's proving everyone wrong in that we didn't need to look elsewhere to replace Hakan. You might not like it but the results speak for themselves.

I think we disagree quite a lot in terms of how we judge the performance of the management team. I am not going to presume I know better than Maldini or to know what sort of restrictions have been placed on him for the budget, but I do know that there are restrictions and that they did an amazing job giving Pioli a well rounded squad for him to achieve his targets. Last year we only had Ibra at CF. It was a broken squad. This year we have Ibra, Giroud and Pellegri, and we probably only spent a couple million on them. That might not be sexy, but it allowed us to concentrate on other areas where we had better opportunities to improve the squad. Next summer we have an opportunity to improve the attack (Belotti) so maybe they just needed to delay that decision until that opportunity presented itself.

It's a long game and we don't need to (and can't) fix everything in one go. That's our major disagreement.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Maldini and Pioli have done an amazing job and the foundation of this team is great, but that doesn't mean everything is perfect, every decision made was the right one and that they are above criticism.

Being 1st after 13 games means not that much. This team has shown it can perform for half a season in the last two seasons, but has yet to prove that they can deliver the consistency necessary to do it a full season to win titles or at least comfortably qualify for the CL. A season is a marathon, not a sprint. So far everything from winning the Scudetto to barely finishing 4th is possible. The title of being a great team is yet to be earned.

Beating Atletico is great, but doesn't change the fact that Porto (not world-beaters) outplayed us for 180mins and we might still finish 4th in the CL group. Injuries are part of the explanation, but can't explain everything and unfortunately are an all likelihood related to the way we play football and have to be taken into consideration when evaluating the strength of this team (at least until proven otherwise). In other words we still have a long way to go to be where we belong in the CL.

My position isn't really that pessimistic btw, even though it may sound like it. I think the GK, defense and midfield (if Kessie renews) is borderline WC, something to be proud of and a great foundation to build a worthy title-winning team, but our attack is holding us back and not improving more significantly in that area in the summer is a missed opportunity that may cost us during the duration of this season. I deeply believe having both Zlatan and Giroud isn't optimal and that one of them needs to be replaced by a mobile(!) and in his prime striker that can press + we need a skilled and fast RW/AM hybrid to replace Castillejo that adds another dimension to our game (something that is known since years, not getting a top quality RW is Maldini biggest flaw so far imo).
Great post

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Altafini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It's the matchday again...Great news coming from the medical section,hope maignan is really fit to play though cause I don't think I can live with another injury setback for him. Also,good to know Tomo is also very close to returning to the lineup.
Sassuolo are gonna get it...we will screw them in every orifices of their body.let's be happy and ignore any Judas (Hakan's orphan) who hope is on us having a terrible matchday so he can come back here and start spewing shit. We will win again today so he will continue to live in abyss.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A mobile striker that can also do the job of a target man, like Belotti, is ideal. But the reason why we need mobility is because we do a lot of positional rotation and so having Giroud shift to LW for example he loses a lot of his impact. But a more versatile player can do much more damage in positions outside of the box. That’s partly why Rebic did so well, he rotated with Leao and managed to disorient and disorganize the defense.

It also helps if your attacker can at least attempt to run at balls over the top. Watching Ibra and Giroud try to do that was pretty sad. Italiano took full advantage of the fact that we had to play one of the two by playing a suicidal high line. If we had a forward that can run faster than an average adult, we probably wouldn’t have lost that game even with all the errors.
That's also why Ibra does much better than Giroud. Ibra drifting into unfamiliar zones, like on the wing or deeper in midfield, he's comfortable there and can add a lot of value. Giroud is not able to rotate with anyone as he's only comfortable inside the box. Ibra isn't mobile at all, so mobility in and of itself isn't really the issue here. It's great if a player can run and press and attack space, but the fact that Ibra can rotate into different zones means we can continue to play our positional rotation and have Leao push into the space vacated by Ibra for example. We need our future CF to be able to have this same versatility to allow for constant rotations. Belotti does this well, he's played on the wing, as a support striker and as a lone CF.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
You did say our current attack is holding us back, I just checked.

We have 3 players that can play RW, Saelemaekers, Messias and Florenzi. Most people think we need to upgrade this position, and I agree, but everything that was done up to this point in the previous markets was far more important and had to take a much higher priority. For this reason the RW position this season is what it is and we have to live with it. I think it’s good enough for our targets.

You’re talking as if we have unlimited resources and no FFP limitations. We have to prioritize what we do each summer. We chose to defer the CF and RW because we had bigger problems elsewhere, and could use Messias and Giroud to delay that decision. I think this was a great move by Maldini to stretch our budget and make sure we have a robust squad.
Florenzi 😂

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I've watched many Venezia games this season (because of their lovely jerseys being the main reason) and I sincerely believe the American Gianluca Busio could become a really good player for us in the future. He's small like Bennacer but could potentially be a better ball distributor.

Caldara when he plays has been rather ordinary although i'm surprised and a bit glad that he can play in a back 4.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
[This is really long, my bad. If you make a joke about "not reading" or tl:dr, wow, so original, but... totally fair, lol.]

We are dealing with an injury crisis, for the second year in a row. If we weren't hurt last year, we would have pushed Inter for the title. If you want to say that the medical staff is holding back our team from reaching its potential, I'll co-sign that statement.

We didn't "barely qualify" for the CL, we didn't have to depend on any other results going our way, we had our destiny in our hands, we could have won against Cagliari, and that would have wrapped up the CL, but we tied, but we still had qualifying in our hands, so this whole "barely qualifying" crap is just a way for you to feel better about shitting on this team and what it has achieved.

This team has literally broken records. We're not some small team, this is Milan, a club that has incredible history and has had incredible squads before this. So breaking records isn't because we're PSG and our history was shit and all of a sudden we've built a super team. Our 90's teams, our 80's teams, our 2000's teams, none of them have done what this team has done, winning as much as they have until this point. Does that mean anything? No, neither does being "winter champions," but you guys are saying "barely this" and "barely that," but don't you see progress? This squad's window of success is changing, the performances of the players are growing, the team is getting stronger, and you're saying "well, they're not dominant!" or you're saying "we're dominant, but we didn't do well!" or you pick out "OMG! WE DIDN'T DO WELL AGAINST PORTO!" Who gives a shit?

Carlo's Milan was the best team in the world from 2002-2007, we should have won the CL every year that year. Against Juve in 2003, we were better, but it was clear that when Kaka came into the side, we pushed into the next gear, 2005, Liverpool, we were so far superior to them, it was insane. We got robbed against Barca in 2006 in that semi-final, and would have battered Arsenal. 2007 we were the best team in the world, people say Kaka carried the team, but forget the defensive solidity to that team, Kaka wasn't part of that.

But in that period, that same team, had huge hiccups. Against Ajax in 02/03, they were better than us, we got through on a last minute goal. That Ajax team was young, and filled with future stars, but still, we weren't comfortable. In 2007, we struggled against Celtic and needed Kaka magic to push through. How about the meltdown against Deportivo? We lost 4-0 after being up 4-1 in the first leg. A team with Nesta, Maldini, and Cafu conceded 4 goals. That's not supposed to happen, but it did.

The point is, even in the CL, teams have shit games. I've seen plenty of shit games. Did we deserve to lose against Atletico? No, and everyone (neutrals) says that we got robbed. Against Porto, in the first leg, we played like dogshit. But, when you're missing 4 starters in the first leg, and their goal should have been disallowed, while in the second leg, we are missing 3 starters, and again they should have had their goal disallowed, that means we should have 4 points from Porto instead of 1. Shitty games but getting the points is what is most important, and we deserved them, but we didn't get them. If Man Utd or Barca got those sorts of calls against them, there would be a meltdown and every sports show would talk about what is wrong with UEFA. We should have 7 more points in our CL group and be cruising to the next round.

Then to hear complaints about our match against Atletico, where have you been the last 10 years? Do you know who Atletico are? Their coach is named Diego Simeone and he's an asshole, he plays ugly, dirty, disgusting football and they just play on the counter. They wanted us to pour forward for this all-out attack strategy you are calling for, letting anxiety and desperation push you into making mistakes, so that they can catch you on the break. And unlike shitty relegation teams, when you're countering with Greizmann and Suarez, they just need one chance to punish you.

If we were playing like shit, with our full squad, sure, I'd understand. But you wave away injuries like they're nothing. Liverpool, the team that with Man City, looks like the most dominant on the planet, were absolute shit last year. They haven't brought in some new super players, they were injured last year, and even then people were like "Ohhhhhhhhhh, Liverpool sux now." No, they had injuries, and not even as bad as us! Look at them now. And look at what we've achieved, with our injuries.

We lost against Fiorentina. Gabbia made some big mistakes. Tata did. Theo did. We still pushed, and should have at least tied. Leao was wasteful. Ibra was wasteful. We should have scored more, but we didn't. But we dominated them. We probably deserved to win our games against Juve and Inter, as well. So even in our losses and draws, we've deserved more. Have we had bad games? Yeah, we have. Against Porto, against Torino, but Jesus Christ, listening to this "we dominated Atletico, but our attack was bad!"

What in the fuck? You have to be patient in games, it's like you're complaining that a player recycles possession instead of always going forward and attacking with the ball. Sometimes you need to pass back, you need to reset, change the point of attack. Seeing how Leao looked when he was able to rest for a little bit on the International Break, wow, and looking at how great it would be to have Rebic there, and seeing Alexis with some rest, look at the energy he brought against Inter, you are saying "we don't do this, we don't do that," but it seems you don't see what sort of amazing progress there is here.

Is the team finished? No. They're fucking children. In our 2003 final against Juve, Pippo was 30, Sheva was 27, Pirlo was 24, Rino 25, Seedorf 27, Rui Costa 31, like they were all in their prime. Theo is 24, Tomori is 23, Maignan is 26, Calabria is 24, Brahim is 22, Tonali 21, Bennacer 23, Leao is 22, Alexis 22, etc, they're kids. We have the youngest team in the top 5 leagues, that's with Giroud and Ibra pushing up the average age. They are growing. Learning. Winning. Showing up in big games. Taking responsibility when they lose, when they don't perform well, when they make mistakes.

Do we need to add? Yes. But saying that Faivre was "just a a few million" is wrong, actually. Faivre acted like a fucking moron and stopped being a professional. The management at Brest were like "we're a small team, sure, we might be facing relegation, but we're not going to let some player force us into a shit decision." The same Faivre kid is now giving interviews and making his team look bad. If Maldini doesn't want that sort of character on our squad, good. If he still wants him, fine, I'll let him make the judgment call. But people are saying we're cheap and we've been one of the biggest spenders this last summer, in the world.

Again, you want to shit on our medical team, I'm with you. Xavi just fired a bunch of people at Barca, and the fact that there aren't reports over our training staff is weird to me. Maybe we've really just had bad luck? Who knows? From the outside, it looks bad, but other than that, which is the major thing impacting our team more than anything else, what can you say other then "wow! we're playing exciting, attacking football, fast-paced, strong, and we're winning!" Pioli is doing tactical things that is being covered by English pundits, because it's unique and taking stuff from elite teams and mixing it to new, devastating effect. This Milan team is exciting!

After all that, a bunch of you are saying that things are not good? And I'm supposed to say, "hm, good point, we are shit!" What would please you? I don't even care that this is long, because it's annoying to have to argue with fans of other teams, its even worse that after beating Atletico--thanks to a player many of us (including me) didn't want!--we're supposed to say, while being top of the league, "wow, we're shit."

Pioli has had his full team ONCE in 106 games. Once. You said "oh, second season he will be shit!" He hasn't been. He's in his third season and he's still kicking ass. People said: "Pioli will be found out!" He's introducing new formations and tactics, while dealing without his best players. I didn't want Pioli, but he's made me eat shit, while showing that he's actually tactically creative. The annoying part is you take his mistakes as proof he isn't good, when everyone makes mistakes. He isn't Ole, he's actually doing things, he's not just relying on players to bail him out.

Whatever, this is long as shit, but the negativity on here annoys me. I hope we can recover some players, play well and win tomororw, and keep this up, because I fucking love this team. Winning a CL with these boys is going to be special, because we watched them grow, and struggle and fight, and they've proven that they are Milan quality, and hopefully, by pushing themselves to the next level, we can start comparing them to the greats that have worn this storied and beautiful shirt.
I disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.