The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, Milan needs to give them for free because we can’t pay €5M salaries.
Kessie isn't worth 4m, I genuinely don't give a shit if he stays or goes. Maignan is better than Donna.

Milan didn't need to delay salaries like Inter and Juve, Inter even tried to negotiate with the players to delay their Scudetto bonuses. At least when Elliott came in, they owned the debt (that was the club), the money that Inter owes to OakTree is to keep the fucking lights on.

If our team, with more injuries than anyone, including Napoli, if we're still this close on points with Inter, doesn't that show how incredibly shit Inter is?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Considering how old their team is, that they are over 700m in debt, that their owners are in such debt that it threatens the Chinese and world economies, and that their team is the oldest in Serie A, so they will need to replace players, because they have three young players (Lautaro, Barella, and Bastoni) who seem to be the most likely to be sold, but yeah, them being one point ahead of us at this point in the season means it's over for us.
But if they win and get new owners a few years from now and reload - does it matter? They will have a title to show for it.

I was not saying Inter is definitely going to win and there is no hope for us. I'm just pointing out that they are different ways to go about constructing winning teams and at the end of the day if you add to your trophy cabinet most arent going to care how its done. Whether Juve and Inter fall off a cliff or reload quickly doesnt matter... Milan has to continue to improve.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Dzeko would do here significantly better than OG, although he would fit better.
Inter is by far strongest and most in form team in Italy right now. Even my grandma would assist and score for them.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Good goal - no need to watch them anymore

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
yea we cant afford to lose points if we want the scudetto

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
I dont know overspending in Vidal and Alexis Sanches is smart. It's the same route as Juventus had. Can we stopped talk about Hakan. He did not achieve anything.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Can we stopped talk about Hakan. He did not achieve anything.
what do you mean by did not achieve anything? he is the november’s player of the month:o

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But if they win and get new owners a few years from now and reload - does it matter? They will have a title to show for it.

I was not saying Inter is definitely going to win and there is no hope for us. I'm just pointing out that they are different ways to go about constructing winning teams and at the end of the day if you add to your trophy cabinet most arent going to care how its done. Whether Juve and Inter fall off a cliff or reload quickly doesnt matter... Milan has to continue to improve.
Who is going to buy Inter for 1b? That's how much they cost now. Let's say they're worth around 300m. Shit, let's say 400m. Or 200m. Whatever valuation you want. That's with 700m in debts.

Who is going to buy them? Why would you spend that kinda money on Inter when Milan is next door, with less problems, a better squad (long-term) and the better trajectory? If you're the type of person or institution who has that kinda cash, why in the living hell would you put that money into Inter over Milan? When nearly every metric shows that Milan has more recognition, more visibility, and all the other benefits that come from owning a sports team? If you wanna sports-wash your dirty regime, Milan is the better option. If you want to grab the club that has healthier finances, because you're an American sports team owner and want to bet on the Super League massively growing your revenue, wouldn't Milan be the smarter choice?

You're so confident than Inter will be taken care of. Juventus, I understand, they're owned by the Agnelli family, and they're so important to Italy as is their company, and they've infected all the institutions to insulate them as much as possible. But Inter are owned by foreigners, who can't pay their bills. How are they going to reload when they can't buy players? Juve have to rebuild their squad, they're overpaid and shit. Inter have to sell players to keep the lights on. And they'll reload quickly? How?

Think about this: the trouble with the stadium seems to be that officials cannot guarantee that Inter can even pay for their side, and it seems that we've put in assurances that even if Inter can't pay, we would build the stadium ourselves.

It's amazing to me. When Milan is top of the league, it's always this perilous, fictional lead. When Inter are ahead, it's a solid lead that cannot be overcome.

Inter are beating a relegation team, and it's "OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THIS GENIUS!" When we beat a relegation team, we are still shit.

Inter are in financial shit, and you're telling me the reload is going to be easy?

Zvoneontology

Primavera
Reaction score
you are forgetting that Milan only invested into players that had been here on loan
Inter is not the same. Dzeko is old. Lets see how they keep this form, especially in CL against solid opposition
Exactly. Imagine how far worse we would be this season if we had not taken up the option to buy Tomori.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our situation will depend on how the club spends in January. We will see whether they are targeting the title or another top 4 finish.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah - write all you want but you are just projecting your hopes - You said this year they were going to be shit because they had to dump all their best players. The league allowed them to get away with it once so I am not so confident that its an absolute guarantee that inter and Juve are going away for the next decade but hey - do what you got to do to sleep at night.

I never said inter was blowing doors off anyone - I just asked you a question when you said 'guess who they are going to sell' :lol:
Milan is on the right trajectory but we still have to claim trophies - until we do I will always be anxious
It also doesnt help that at this moment we arent playing at all well.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In terms of developing the club there is nothing wrong with a top 4 finish though. Scudetto would be great but if we manage to reliably stay in top 4 the coming years its already a massive step, I would still be happy with the season if we "only" get top 4.

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only positive thing for Inter financially is that the system created by Conte is well oiled up and most players are performing well. This means that these players can be sold for profit or at least for no loss. Unlike Juventus who is stuck with Ramsey, Rabiot, Bernardeschi, or before with Matuidi and Khedira.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Inter deservedly in 1st place. Simply the most complete and mature team in the league

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah - write all you want but you are just projecting your hopes - You said this year they were going to be shit because they had to dump all their best players. The league allowed them to get away with it once so I am not so confident that its an absolute guarantee that inter and Juve are going away for the next decade but hey - do what you got to do to sleep at night.

I never said inter was blowing doors off anyone - I just asked you a question when you said 'guess who they are going to sell' :lol:
Milan is on the right trajectory but we still have to claim trophies - until we do I will always be anxious
It also doesnt help that at this moment we arent playing at all well.
I actually didn't say that, I was talking about them long-term, but you keep pretending I said things I didn't, whatever helps you sleep at night.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In terms of developing the club there is nothing wrong with a top 4 finish though. Scudetto would be great but if we manage to reliably stay in top 4 the coming years its already a massive step, I would still be happy with the season if we "only" get top 4.

And what people don't realize is that's exactly what our management said too. They can't make major investments without us finishing top 4 and having CL for a few years. People are expecting miracles after the 1st year.

We ended up in a group of death because of our CL coefficients. That's what not being in the competition for years does to a team. I want us to win the trophies as well but for once there is a clear project where we have a young core and low salaries to allow for future growth.

It's been proven that the millennials generation lacks patience. They are used to getting everything at the click of a button so I'm not surprised that there are people on here that expect instant results from a team that's still in the building phase.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I would be extremely disappointed if we dont win this season and more so if we dont try to purchase upgrades in winter. As in we fade down the stretch again with the same issues plaguing us.

Next season I cant say until we see how other teams approach their windows in summer.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
The only positive thing for Inter financially is that the system created by Conte is well oiled up and most players are performing well. This means that these players can be sold for profit or at least for no loss. Unlike Juventus who is stuck with Ramsey, Rabiot, Bernardeschi, or before with Matuidi and Khedira.
their core is Skriniar, Bastoni, Barella and sometimes Brozo. Take 3 of them out and they will collapse.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I would be extremely disappointed if we dont win this season and more so if we dont try to purchase upgrades in winter. As in we fade down the stretch again with the same issues plaguing us.

Next season I cant say until we see how other teams approach their windows in summer.
Get ready to be disappointed then. We are not winning Scudetto this year.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Merda creating a chance after a chance. How is that even possible when they are missing 2 starters? They must be cheating

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A 1 point difference in the table at this point of the season is impossible to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule