The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
There's still someone out there actually believing that Elliot is broke
The choice of wording is rather incorrect.

I'd say cheap, but I expect nothing less from a finance firm. That's literally how they operate, by being budget conscious & a bunch of creative accounting.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still don't understand why these lazy journalists aren't being lazy and writing about Omeragic.

The. Kid. Was. At. Our. Stadium.

I haven't watched him, so it's not like he's my Daichi Kamada, but I'm just confused as to how the kid can appear at our stadium, and we aren't linked with him?

I also hate those reports that say that Maldini and management are relaxed because of how Kalulu and Gabbia played against Roma. If one game actually changed their mind like that, I'd be worried, because that's stupid fan level mindset. Basically, the kinda shit Man Utd's management would do.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I also hate those reports that say that Maldini and management are relaxed because of how Kalulu and Gabbia played against Roma. If one game actually changed their mind like that, I'd be worried, because that's stupid fan level mindset. Basically, the kinda shit Man Utd's management would do.
Well i said it weeks before specially now that Flo seems to settled as a reliable RB.
Its not about being stupid & think one game can alter your initial strategy.
But am crossing my finger that at least such game changed their priority with a CD still is important but not before we secure a RW & AM.
Gabbia & Kalu as CDs are better than Sale or Diaz in their respective positions.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I still don't understand why these lazy journalists aren't being lazy and writing about Omeragic.

The. Kid. Was. At. Our. Stadium.

I haven't watched him, so it's not like he's my Daichi Kamada, but I'm just confused as to how the kid can appear at our stadium, and we aren't linked with him?

He plays for Zurich, he is a 19 year old, is he ready to play over Kalulu, Gabbia and Romagnoli?

I don’t think we are interested in him at all. Maldini said we’ll buy a defender who is ready for Milan.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Well i said it weeks before specially now that Flo seems to settled as a reliable RB.
But am crossing my finger that at least such game changed their priority with a CD still is important but not before we secure a RW & AM.
Gabbia & Kalu as CDs are better than Sale or Diaz in their respective positions.
True.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Look, I'm huge fans of them, I really am, but that's not true.

They both made mistakes, Gabbia got burned pretty badly, and Kalulu made some mistakes himself. They're kids, they need time, but they're not ready yet. Kalulu got beat by Abraham, a lot.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Pioli: “Leão reminds me of Thierry Henry. He can become the best in the world.”

Devilo?

100% this guy can destroy anyone he wants to

he is special

one can only dream of him flipping his mental switch and approaching every play like Rebic, Mike M or Tomori

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I think that Baka will be Kessie's replacement and it will end up similar to the Mike-Gigio situation. The guy is physical (+taller) and better technically than Frank. He's good at dribbling and passing, just needs continuity to regain his confidence and there are few places as good as Milan to get that. The 2-year loan is a fabulous deal. Haters will eat their words by the end of this period

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Giroud and Ibra were part of all 3 goals yesterday, for Serie A they will still be fine next year.
Of course slowly it‘s time to bring an heir but imo that cannot be someone that‘s worse despite being in his prime (Belotti, Origi) and it also shouldn‘t be a gamble like Alvarez because for that there are too many minutes at the table.

I thought that Rebic and Leao could help out at CF but from past two seasons we fully need them and more for LW coverage alone.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
😂 I said yesterday that we’ll get 3 new cb links to the dozen already there. I didn’t expect them to come all at once.
With that said, we’ll get another 3-5 new names before we sign a cb.

I think Pablo Mari is the perfect example of what Maldini doesn’t want.
And Malang Sarr is the perfect example of what he does, besides the aerial deficiencies

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
maurizio-ganz-head-coach-of-ac-milan-and-elisabet-spina-ac-milan-of-picture-id1343382370

This is the DS for our women's team, she really is a dyed-in-the-wool Rossonere, and she's quite passionate and smart.

I didn't watch the game, but Milan lost to Juve in the women's Coppa Italia final, I hope we can keep Valentina, as she really loves Milan.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Bremer is still the main CB target, and that's an operation for the summer. Unless the loan formula presents itself to provide temporary fitting cover for Kjaer and evaluation - it ain't likely happening.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Nah. I’m saying that as Kalulu-stan numero uno, but I think he’s- at best- as good a CB as Diaz and Sale are in their positions (which is impressive considering that’s NOT his first choice role). This is more a defense of the latter two however, as I think we disrespect both tremendously for different reasons. Diaz is fantastic on his day, a two-footed dribbling demon, but I think Covid really fucked his stamina/form up earlier this season. If he regains his early form he’ll end the season with 10 goals easy. Sale has been a soldier for us in two different positions, he’s part of the glue that holds everything together.

That being said I agree that currently we need an alternate AM most pressingly because Diaz was never the same after covid, doesn’t provide the same balance that 10+10 did when he was here, and has no one to rotate with. Adli can’t come soon enough. Romain Faivre is my dream for next season and he can play RW, AM, LW.

Priority should be
  1. AM - wait for Adli? Faivre
  2. CB - Sarr, Lacroix
  3. CM - Renato Sanches, Svanberg, Zurkowski
  4. RW - Faivre, Ounas

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Nah. I’m saying that as Kalulu-stan numero uno, but I think he’s- at best- as good a CB as Diaz and Sale are in their positions (which is impressive considering that’s NOT his first choice role). This is more a defense of the latter two however, as I think we disrespect both tremendously for different reasons. Diaz is fantastic on his day, a two-footed dribbling demon, but I think Covid really fucked his stamina/form up earlier this season. If he regains his early form he’ll end the season with 10 goals easy. Sale has been a soldier for us in two different positions, he’s part of the glue that holds everything together.

That being said I agree that currently we need an alternate AM most pressingly because Diaz was never the same after covid, doesn’t provide the same balance that 10+10 did when he was here, and has no one to rotate with. Adli can’t come soon enough. Romain Faivre is my dream for next season and he can play RW, AM, LW.

Priority should be
  1. AM - wait for Adli? Faivre
  2. CB - Sarr, Lacroix
  3. CM - Renato Sanches, Svanberg, Zurkowski
  4. RW - Faivre, Ounas
From Poland I would see only Kacper Kozlowski, but he is going to Brighton. We were interested in him sometime ago........

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Newcastle is losing to a 3rd division side. God, I want them to be relegated so badly. So, so badly. (I know this is a cup competition, but I just want this to reflect their future chances at maintaining their spot in the prem).

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who underrated him?
The fact that he isn't routinely mentioned among the greatest midfielders of all time, to me, is underrating him.

I think he's better than Pirlo, but I think a lot of people would rate Pirlo above Seedorf. I'm also on record as saying that Albertini is better than Pirlo.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
The fact that he isn't routinely mentioned among the greatest midfielders of all time, to me, is underrating him.

I think he's better than Pirlo, but I think a lot of people would rate Pirlo above Seedorf. I'm also on record as saying that Albertini is better than Pirlo.
Tonali is the best

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

That's the younger crowd that know of Pirlo winning WC and then doing well at Juve.

Previously Seedorf was always spoken of nearly in hallowed terms because of his ability and winning CL three different places.

Also we hardly hear about mids when talking about best players.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Everytime he is asked about Leao he says he still needs to work + Ibra's comments... and you guys don't want to believe he's lazy. Talent is there, but hold your horses on proclaiming him a Ballon D'or candidate just yet. He did well last game though, credit where it's due.

I think he does better when playing for 1 half only, for some reason he doesn't have the focus/stamina for full 90mins. Let's hope Rebic gets back and they rotate + Salad seems to have become a legit LW option.
I think you are over thinking this one and maybe your bias is playing into it a bit.

It's cliche for coaches to speak of promising players this way until they achieve widespread success. It helps protect them from the pressure and also keeps them grounded and pushing towards the goal.
We have hardly ever heard Pioli speak of Leao in exasperation or annoyance and Leao's output on the pitch has been ever improving.

Until we see different I don't see where there is cause for concern.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giroud and Ibra were part of all 3 goals yesterday, for Serie A they will still be fine next year.
Of course slowly it‘s time to bring an heir but imo that cannot be someone that‘s worse despite being in his prime (Belotti, Origi) and it also shouldn‘t be a gamble like Alvarez because for that there are too many minutes at the table.

I thought that Rebic and Leao could help out at CF but from past two seasons we fully need them and more for LW coverage alone.
Serie A isn't the problem - CL is where they looked severely past their prime.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

People are stupid, that is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule