The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini: “Tonali did not perform well last year.”

But commoders said: “He was good” “He was solid” “He did better than your Leao” “He showed more talent than others”

The truth: He was a Bakayoko, often invisible or doing damage. Anybody unbiased would doubt his quality and would be scared to pay €25M for a player after such performances.
Baka is 27 though and Tonali was 20 last year

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Because Tonali can't provide his family with 1,7M per year, number destined to increase greatly, let alone Kessie with "only" the offered 6M per year?

How much money does someone need to secure the bag for him and his family?

Meanwhile he already lost his face when he made that promise to the fans, not maintaining his word and not explaining himself. That's not professional behavior.[/I]

Plenty of players from poorer countries provide for a lot of people. I dont know if thats the case with Kessie, but u cant just compare any player to any other player.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Baka is on a 2 year loan, he will be here also next year.

On Tonali the doubt was always: His high price.
Tonali wasn't very expensive though if you consider that the asking price was 30m already in Serie B, so 35m with Serie A experience is pretty reasonable compared to many other transfer possibilities nowadays. ... and even Serie B is a better league than most leagues all these wonder kids play in.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Maldini: “Tonali did not perform well last year.”

But commoders said: “He was good” “He was solid” “He did better than your Leao” “He showed more talent than others”

The truth: He was a Bakayoko, often invisible or doing damage. Anybody unbiased would doubt his quality and would be scared to pay €25M for a player after such performances.
What matters now Tonali is currently our best midfielder.Btw I wonder who scouted him.Is it Moncada?Is it Luis Campos?Or is it you?🤣🤣🤣

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Tonali wasn't very expensive though if you consider that the asking price was 30m already in Serie B, so 35m with Serie A experience is pretty reasonable compared to many other transfer possibilities nowadays. ... and even Serie B is a better league than most leagues all these wonder kids play in.
There are no Serie B players who cost 35M

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Beaumelle (Ivory Coast coach) "The only thing I can advise #Kessié would be to stay where he can improve. #Pioli has made him one of the best in his position in Serie A "

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So Pobega is coming back next summer and Bakayoko is probably out. That will be a big upgrade. Still, will need a big replacement for Kessie.

Not sure we need someone else with a midfield made of Tonali, Pobega, Adli & Bennacer. This a really strong line up for 2 positions.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
As much as I hate Dollar and Kessie (if he leaves), I hope this will be the last case us letting people go for free. Cannot rely on a cheap alternative any times a key player acts up, we did great with Dollar case tho. But what about Leao, Theo and Tonali, in 3-ish years they should all be WC players at that point? This cannot continue forever. If we want to challenge in CL, we need to invest money. Either let them go for 80+ millions and reinvest in a top class player or give the players what they want. We have a great foundation atm, now it is time to act like a big club, as we should be, and splash money.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Perhaps you do not need a kessie to replace kessie, just an all around midfielder like tommaso
He seems like a Tona or Ben replacement than a Kess.
Will a duo of Pob , Tona & Ben provide enough defensive cover ?!
Is he more defensive than Tona & Ben ?

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he's universally regarded as one of the best mids, CL records etc. he never won the ballon d'or, some of his teammates did though. not a starter in an ac milan all time 11
Seedorf was more important than Kaka when the later won the ballon d'or, not as flashy though.
He was even better than Kaka in that ManU game.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Finally Conti is gone
It's a shame Samu got covid, will be harder to get rid of him

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
If Kessie played like he did last season, I'd be sad. The Kessie of this season is a good player, but not one I'm going to mourn losing. He's not worth paying more than Fabinho and Rodri.

I don't think Pobega is ready to jump up yet, but watching the way he bossed Kessie, I was impressed. I think the talent is there, though. He has the physical tools. He's strong as an ox, and his passing is impressive. His only weakness is his acceleration, but he's not slow.

Kessie hasn't been on Kessie's level for this season except for like 2-3 games. He has been weak in challenges, his passes have been poor, he's not himself.

I agree with you on Adli. The kid is super talented. Brahim could become a David Silva or Juan Mata level player, he's that talented, but for all his dribbling skill, technique, and tricks he can't pass. I was impressed with his strength and fight against Roma, but he needs to improve his passing, which he did against Roma. But until he can pass well, he will be an incomplete player. He was unlucky that his shot hit the bar, but he did well against Roma, and if he scored we'd be all so much more excited.

Adli has the skill, technique, and vision. He's our next 10. If Brahim can pass more consistently, especially against a team that presses him, he can become a top class player.

We could potentially see a midfield of Tonali - Pobega - Adli. Probably not immediately, but somewhere down the line. I still have hope for Ismael. I think he will return with a vengeance.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We could potentially see a midfield of Tonali - Pobega - Adli. Probably not immediately, but somewhere down the line. I still have hope for Ismael. I think he will return with a vengeance.
Don't thin we ever see Adli in a position with defensive responsibility

His low work rate will hurt the team too much

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Di Marzio: Conte will move on loan to Sampdoria for a period of 6 months (until the end of his contract with Milan in June).

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Conti is called up for the match today. :lol:

Hopefully he'll leave soon. He never complained or was a bad presence anyway.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
For Kessie-
What kind of spineless, lack of self respect commoders want this guy here?
In order to not get sold last summer he came out with statements about staying here, as to maximize his levrage for the next summer.
either that or he's influenced by his wife like a moron, another case of footballer's career that got ruined by the influence of his family.

Kebab with all of his whining has pretty much declared he won't turn down an offer from Bayern or top teams, and we were at a position of not raising our initial offer for him and could plan accordingly.
Kessie on the other hand tried to big dick Maldini by shoving him into a corner, disgusting behaviour and I really wish he would move to EPL and fail miserably.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
For Kessie-
What kind of spineless, lack of self respect commoders want this guy here?
In order to not get sold last summer he came out with statements about staying here, as to maximize his levrage for the next summer.
either that or he's influenced by his wife like a moron, another case of footballer's career that got ruined by the influence of his family.

Kebab with all of his whining has pretty much declared he won't turn down an offer from Bayern or top teams, and we were at a position of not raising our initial offer for him and could plan accordingly.
Kessie on the other hand tried to big dick Maldini by shoving him into a corner, disgusting behaviour and I really wish he would move to EPL and fail miserably.
Totally agree.
I still blame Maldini for not cashing or freezing him.
But i dont want Kess to stay unless its a 4mil/season max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule