The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Bailly makes sense.

If we're competing for the best injury XI squad of all time.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
meh Bailly on loan isn't the worst deal if they can't secure their real target until summer

I hope he isn't for the only reinforcement this winter though

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
If Côte d'Ivoire progresses to the final of the Africa Cup of Nations, and if Gabbia is loaned out, we will only have Tomori and Kalulu (and Romagnoli) as CD until the 6th of February. Even though we sign Bailly, we could still risk having only Calabria, Romagnoli, Florenzi, Tomori and Kalulu in the backline against Inter or Juve, IF Theo gets suspended and IF Romagnoli and Calabria recover in time from Covid-19. Worst case scenario, only Tomori, Kalulu and Florenzi are available against Juve or Inter.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And here we go doubting our scout team again.

Im so calm its almost impossible!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's a game tomorrow, where's the match thread?

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

I'd understand the Bailly deal if we kept Gabbia. But I don't see how we're not signing another CB if he leaves?

Yes, Tomori has returned and soon Gnoli will as well. That's still only Tomori and Gnoli who are recovering from COVID, a fresh Kalulu and Bailly who's at a tournament lasting until mid February. On top of that we have Baillys injury history. I feel my pulse.

I'm not completely following, we're setting us up to be razor thin in the end of January/start of February. Unless we sign another CB too.

Yeah agree, we're still down a CB if Gabbia leaves. These moves don't add up... yet. Maybe something else is happening in the background

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

I'd understand the Bailly deal if we kept Gabbia. But I don't see how we're not signing another CB if he leaves?

Yes, Tomori has returned and soon Gnoli will as well. That's still only Tomori and Gnoli who are recovering from COVID, a fresh Kalulu and Bailly who's at a tournament lasting until mid February. On top of that we have Baillys injury history. I feel my pulse.

I'm not completely following, we're setting us up to be razor thin in the end of January/start of February. Unless we sign another CB too.
This is madness, if baily injured in training we back to short of cb, and the chance of baily injured is bigger than our current backup (kalulu gabbia), mmm choose a bigger risk lol.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bailly is replacing Gabbia. He’s fit, but barely a defender. I don’t think Kessie playing back there in an emergency is worse.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Currently our weakest position is CAM. Diaz is ok, he has talent and he can become a world class CAM but at the moment he's not very comfortable in that position. In some games he looks great, in others he struggles.

Since we have Adli for next season (another young talent, but i don't think he's ready to make an impact already this season) I would like an experienced CAM to give us an instant boost for the scudetto race.

Ideally we are also looking a young CB, but if we can't afford one i guess we'll go for a cheap stop gap solution.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Currently our weakest position is CAM. Diaz is ok, he has talent and he can become a world class CAM but at the moment he's not very comfortable in that position. In some games he looks great, in others he struggles.

Since we have Adli for next season (another young talent, but i don't think he's ready to make an impact already this season) I would like an experienced CAM to give us an instant boost for the scudetto race.

Ideally we are also looking a young CB, but if we can't afford one i guess we'll go for a cheap stop gap solution.
We have Kessie as AM. He was man of the match playing there before he left.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
vwxnvj2jz3b81.png

Salad better at dribbling than Leao (success %) :balo2:
ronin this is either bait or being ridiculous. Even if I am a salad fan, the only reason why this stat is higher is that WHEN he dribbles, he does it in a safe manner and usually ops to pass diagonally or back. leao on the other hand attempts more dribbles in general and usually its 1v1s-1v2s or 1v3s and still manages to deliver key passes or crosses and create dangerous situations.

43 attempts (8more) at 60% is higher than 35 attempts at 63.5%, arent you an analyist? do the math properly mate

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
meh Bailly on loan isn't the worst deal if they can't secure their real target until summer

I hope he isn't for the only reinforcement this winter though
Bailly on loan with option to buy makes sense considering Lille/Torino are reluctant to sell our #1 targets Botman and Bremer this month. If we cannot get either of our top targets in January, I'd prefer we sign a reliable stop-gap solution like Bailly and by June we can decide whether to keep him or go back to sign our initial centre-back targets.

Furthermore, with Champions League football secured again, we'll more or less have a free run at our targets. Hopefully Newcastle are in the Championship by then.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
We have Kessie as AM. He was man of the match playing there before he left.
I don't know how is condition and motivation will be after AFCON. Also i'd like CAM to be a more competent attacker.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
We made the right decision leaving Yacine Adli on loan at Bordeaux for the season.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
ronin this is either bait or being ridiculous. Even if I am a salad fan, the only reason why this stat is higher is that WHEN he dribbles, he does it in a safe manner and usually ops to pass diagonally or back. leao on the other hand attempts more dribbles in general and usually its 1v1s-1v2s or 1v3s and still manages to deliver key passes or crosses and create dangerous situations.

43 attempts (8more) at 60% is higher than 35 attempts at 63.5%, arent you an analyist? do the math properly mate
backing-away-slowly-sienfeld.gif

p.s. you disappoint me, young Fabio

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Hopefully Newcastle are in the Championship by then.
A good strategy would be to buy top talents and loan them to Watford, Leeds, etc. to secure Newcastle relegation. Serie A teams should cooperate for this plan. :taphead:

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
It's interesting that, with our restricted budget, we are shopping in the EPL, even if it is for "rejects".

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think if we got Bailly on loan for 6 months its because like I said they want to wait for the better options in summer - Bremer, Botman etc.

However theres a player in there so if he does fit Piolismo... you know the drill

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
You know who else played like a beast CB in Villareal? Matteo Mussachio
you know who thought Mussachio at Villarreal played like a beast?

exactly…

no one

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So anyone familiar w Verona 23 year old CB Casale?

Di Marzio mentioned him along w Bailly and Diallo (who he said was the preferred, Maldini waiting for PSG got in touch for Bailly in mean time)

Pedulla says Sarri strongly wants this guy but it's hard cause Milan like him and have already offered 8m

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you know who thought Mussachio at Villarreal played like a beast?

exactly…

no one
Errrrr.... Bro this guy was very hyped. Maybe not the exact year we bought him, but he had been linked w Barca etc for years whilst being Villarreal captain n best player for a long long time (he was young too)

Status
Not open for further replies.