The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also there is a big difference between someone not being super in form and someone being in a hole.

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
If Origi replaces Pellegri in the summer. Good move. I'm more interested in who eventually fills Ibra's boots.
I mean Origi will be better than Pellegri has been as a backup. But wasn't the point to get a young player with an upside?

Don’t see Origi fitting the profile

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Yes I get what you guys are saying about guarantees. That's why I said guarantees or as close to one.
I mean who would have thought (other than myself :o ) that Messi would have one league goal in 11 games :proud:

Even so, you would expect a VVD to come here and do better than Romagnoli more than you would expect Bailly to replace Kjaer without missing a beat....to take an extreme example to illustrate my point.

Also I think we've tried that shit far too many times in attack (cf role) to the point where the cheap-and-hope signings will actually cost us more cumulatively. You can buy a Harry Kane or you can get 25 Pellegris 🤷‍♂️

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Why on earth would you go to another team to watch them play in the middle of your season WITH YOUR WHOLE TEAM OF AGENTS unless there's a deal already in place?
He actually watch milan game in stadium?
Which game?
So he is kind of Adli deal?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Another miss from DiMarzio?

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
There were truly bizarre scenes in the Africa Cup of Nations, as the referee twice stopped the game between Tunisia and Mali early, then the Mali coach was told during a press conference his team had to come back out to play the rest, but Tunisia refused.

There was some Serie A involvement, as Salernitana midfielder Lassana Coulibaly came off the bench for Mali, who had won the game 1-0.

The referee was Janny Sikazwe of Zimbabwe and provided sheer chaos in the Africa Cup of Nations match this afternoon.

First he seemed to blow three times to end the game just 85 minutes into the match, it restarted and he sent off Mali’s El Bilal Toure.

The referee then blew the final whistle at the 89th minute, a minute early and with obviously no stoppages either, despite red cards, VAR reviews and penalties.

Over 20 minutes after the game had finished amid furious scenes, the Mali coach was interrupted during his press conference to be told that the team had to come back out and play the rest of the match.

Mali did emerge, with kits back on, but Tunisia refused to take part in the farce, so the game was called off again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes I get what you guys are saying about guarantees. That's why I said guarantees or as close to one.
I mean who would have thought (other than myself :o ) that Messi would have one league goal in 11 games :proud:

Even so, you would expect a VVD to come here and do better than Romagnoli more than you would expect Bailly to replace Kjaer without missing a beat....to take an extreme example to illustrate my point.

Also I think we've tried that shit far too many times in attack (cf role) to the point where the cheap-and-hope signings will actually cost us more cumulatively. You can buy a Harry Kane or you can get 25 Pellegris 🤷‍♂️
Like Hazard? Like Coutinho? Like Dembele? Like Maguire? Like Fred? Like Ndombele? Like Werner? Like Wan Bissaka? Fernando Torres to Chelsea? Mangala? Luka Jovic? Kepa? Joao Felix? Kaka to Madrid? Sheva to Chelsea? Redondo? Rivaldo? Those are just off the top of my head.

I understand what you're saying, but, it's not about money, a big part of it is luck, proper scouting, and knowing which players will actually fit your system and club's culture.

Man Utd and City have spent the same amount of money, but one club (City) is actually run well while United is a shit show.

I don't want Bailly, I really don't, but if he's just a stop gap for the summer, fine, why not? Meite was an important player last year, maybe Bailly will be the same? I honestly doubt we will grab him though.

I would rather be like City than United, but I don't really care how we do things as long as we win. Atalanta has shown how to build a strong team for lower wages and even lower transfer fees. Being well run is the most important. Having the massive financial might of Elliott means we don't have to sell anyone we don't want to and can afford to let players leave on free transfers because we want to preserve our structure while rewarding those who stay handsomely.

Theo, Tomori, Leao, Tonali, Maignan, Adli, Bennacer, Calabria, this is our core, and cost us like 140? That's Joao Felix.

Florenzi, Messias, Giroud, Maignan, have all been huge additions to this squad, while it looks like Bakayoko might finally be turning the corner. Toure has had some good games, and some horrific ones, but, with time, we will see how those gambles pay off.

Because I'd rather take a small gamble on Pellegri than a 200m Kane. 200m in Maldini's hands is probably a CL winning team, lol. Giroud has scored more in the league than Kane, so, Maldini's striker gambles have been working. Ibra has scored at an insane level for us. The challenge will be a long term option, sure, but the lack of strikers is why Vlahovic is the most coveted young striker, there are just so few out there.

Last edited:

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Good.

Bailly would have been a bad move. Good player, but too injury prone, I'd rather continue with Gabbia/Kalulu (who are both doing well).

Are we even after a RW?? That's one of the most, if not the most needed !

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Bailly is a smokescreen for Ramos

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
I mean Origi will be better than Pellegri has been as a backup. But wasn't the point to get a young player with an upside?

Don’t see Origi fitting the profile
Problem is we have old Forwards. We need main striker and backup striker next 2 years. Third option will be Colombo.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I think Bailey will have less injury here than in England.
He is in a shit form but if Maldini wants him on loan just for the summer then i trust him.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FI6fTyJXMAIu5xf

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Really glad Bailly rumors are slowing down. He sounds more like a player offered by an agent rather than a player recommended by our scouts.

Im fine with loaning Gabbia if it means he’ll get more serie a minutes. He’s our 4th/5th choice cb and wont likely improve playing 10 games a season. A short gap cb until summer, Meite type signing, makes sense in that case. Just not Bailly, he wont be here until February with only a dozen games left to play.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I like this pic
I think Bailey will have less injury here than in England.
He is in a shit form but if Maldini wants him on loan just for the summer then i trust him.
Saw a tweet reply from a United fan that said something like “knowing Bailly’s injury record and AC Milan’s injury record, he’ll break every bone in his body. “
😂

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So amusing to see Newcastle on their knees all over Europe, but nothing happens.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Why are we letting Ronin become the new VultureSheva?

After Messias put Kojak in a bodybag while Kojak is Roman Roy to James Rodriguez. That dead horse is done. So now it's Ronins turn. Also while he won't admit it I do think Ronin has a specific agenda against Leao and let's leave it at that otherwise the thread will get derailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.