The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Reports are that the AIA just apologized to us. The ref from today will be suspended.

The chiefs of the referee association have apologized to Milan, as well. [Gazzetta]

Give me two undeserved wins against Juve and Inter and we'll call it even, and then let Inter lose another game they don't deserve to lose.
giphy.gif

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
So we've paid more than €10m to Monaco for two of their outcasts. Are we sure we're not going to get one of their centre-backs in return?

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sorry for fuck up. I hope you don't lose cl place. Imagine we lose cl spot because of 3 points? Milions lost because ref was corrupt .This tonight is the reason that Seria A has lost its place as the best league in the world.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
FI saying the ref is to be suspended... I see no reason why he shud be. He fecked up on the pen but VAR corrected that mishap, no worries, carry on... the advantage forwarded is at the sole discretion of the ref, there is no rule abt it, main thing is he saw a foul and called it... yes, wudve been nice for him to delay the whistle for 1/2 seconds and allow the advantage... still not an error!
giphy.gif

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So we've paid more than €10m to Monaco for two of their outcasts. Are we sure we're not going to get one of their centre-backs in return?
We are great. Imagine if they fucked us with Kondogbia.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ref made an honest error, it wasnt done on purpose, he apologised- we've all fucked up- hard to be mad at him

Hard to be mad at pioli or the players- its not like we got dominated or didnt create any chances, it was a freak game- 9/10 times we win with the same performance, it happens.

Lets move on. Even if we dont win the league this year ( a step too far probably), we will next season with a striker , AM and a CB added (kessie leaving not a big deal tbh)

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
An advantage... essentially, you feckers are crying over not being allowed to take a free kick quickly.

We have bigger fecking problems... wake up.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
nah, the whistle was blown, Spezia could argue it influenced their players not to react...
You need to see the replay again, even they naturally reacted after wistle was blown because it obvious its our advantage to play the ball not their. Oh btw is there any rule to VAR not to intervene to that specific incident?i dont think so.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
An advantage... essentially, you feckers are crying over not being allowed to take a free kick quickly.

We have bigger fecking problems... wake up.
It was the game winning goal. They had several players who should have been sent off. What in the actual fuck are you talking about?

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ref made an honest error, it wasnt done on purpose, he apologised- we've all fucked up- hard to be mad at him

Hard to be mad at pioli or the players- its not like we got dominated or didnt create any chances, it was a freak game- 9/10 times we win with the same performance, it happens.

Lets move on. Even if we dont win the league this year ( a step too far probably), we will next season with a striker , AM and a CB added (kessie leaving not a big deal tbh)
C'mon man, why he must apologize to us?
Why always against us there are controversies of this scale. Once we lost Scudetto because of refs mistake. Tonight mistake could cost us CL place.
Enough apologizing to Milan, let them find another team to apologize. It's not just 3 points lost, it's what effect can this action have on this young team. Milan must have only experienced refs from now on until the end of the season,enough is enough.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
FI saying the ref is to be suspended... I see no reason why he shud be. He fecked up on the pen but VAR corrected that mishap, no worries, carry on... the advantage forwarded is at the sole discretion of the ref, there is no rule abt it, main thing is he saw a foul and called it... yes, wudve been nice for him to delay the whistle for 1/2 seconds and allow the advantage... still not an error!
Yeah, I kind of agree with the not punishing bit. It was a horrendous call...don't agree with you there though. My gripe is more with the system that puts referees in charge of games at this level. I actually have no ill-will towards the guy himself. Putting his hands up as an admission of error sort of underlines the point. Other more experienced refs would have doubled down and been pricks about the whole thing.

It just sucks it happened to us.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It was the game winning goal. They had several players who should have been sent off. What in the actual fuck are you talking about?
Stick to the focal point, pls... I know nothing abt cards given or other incidents, my highlights werent comprehensive.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Rather than suspending this poor sap, I'd rather they actually do something meaningful and try to improve the standard of refereeing. I am still of the opinion we've been shafted more often than not this season, however. The Napoli call and this... it's insane.

If we win next 2 matches all will be forgotten

Not sure about that man. I still haven't forgotten Giacomelli's horrendous refereeing in our draw with Roma last season. Once or twice ok...this is approaching like a catalog of refereeing errors. We're actually relieved when they do their job in Serie A because that's how bad referees are in the league.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Stick to the focal point, pls... I know nothing abt cards given or other incidents, my highlights werent comprehensive.
So then why would you question why the AIA, which is notorious for defending their refs even when they make horrific calls, giving this guy a suspension because he was absolute dogshit?

What is the focal point? You said it was just about "an advantage" it was about the game winning goal.

Here is the little "advantage" play:

it's a massive error that cost us 3 points in a title fight when we have a depleted squad.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What is the focal point? You said it was just about "an advantage" it was about the game winning goal.
If you will, for a sec, it was an offside winning goal... an advantage is a chance, had the shot gone over and ref pointed to keeper for the kick you wud be the loudest to say wheres the free kick.

PS - video doesnt work.

Dirooo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Berlusconi's helicopter & Galliani's golden tie
As frustrating as it was in the end i actually enjoyed it and we played good most of the game.
Regardless of the ref's terrible mistake we still had more than a few chances to win if not for their keeper's brilliant performance tonight.

However the management really have no excuses anymore to not sign players that we desperately need. If management's main ambitions are to just qualify for cl the next few seasons without pushing for scudetto than i might need the take a break from watching football, i thought i was safe from ever hearing the gut wrenching "Fine as we are" statements.
Why are they still waiting to sign a replacement cb i just don't understand the logic.
This is the second season in a row that we have been in the title running and if those vultures at elliot open their finances a little we can win scudetto no doubt.

Its very apparent that we have needed a solid CAM all season to transition the attack on the counters, Brahim doesnt not have the knowlege or quality to direct that position. In fact it feels like we are playing with 10 men mostly when Brahim is on.
Salad needs to work on his final 3rd decision making too.

Also if an 80mil offer comes for Theo end of the season than i think it would be logical to sell and reinvest it back in the squad. I love him but he is seriously overrated and too much of a liability at defending.

Anyway sorry for adding on to the additional bitching but i needed to vent sempre milan!

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of agree with the not punishing bit. It was a horrendous call...don't agree with you there though. My gripe is more with the system that puts referees in charge of games at this level. I actually have no ill-will towards the guy himself. Putting his hands up as an admission of error sort of underlines the point. Other more experienced refs would have doubled down and been pricks about the whole thing.

It just sucks it happened to us.
From what I gather from the Gazzetta reporting is that he was supposed to be given this game as a way to "build up" his experience, because they figured it would be an easy game for him to officiate. If that's true (and I understood it correctly) that makes it worse. Why would you give the ref a game where the title is on the line? Teams in 10th play teams that are 9th where there are literally no stakes involved, at least, not stakes relative to the title or the lucrative CL. It's either incompetence or deliberate. The sheer volume of errors against us makes me lean towards deliberate, because post-Napoli, the management had supposedly spoken to the AIA and put them on notice, but it seems the AIA only intervenes for Inter and Juve.

Saladin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Some idiots here don't get it at all, living in their unicorn universe. I envy them, I wish I have their enthusiasm or the lack of it.

We have injuries, covid, age, no money, young players, bad luck.... and we are fighting for the title against a top form team. So if we add refs errors. How do you want us to compete? Do we lose hope?

So if we want to bitch about it, let us do you morons.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Former referee, Luca Marelli, commented on Marco Serra’s mistake during Milan-Spezia, who disallowed the goal of Junior Messias after not giving an advantage in that action.

Here are Marelli’s words to DAZN:

“He was hasty. These are mistakes that can happen to referees who do not have great experience like Serra. The mistake is serious, so much so that he apologized and took his hand to the headset hoping that the whistle had come after the ball had crossed the goal line.”

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you will, for a sec, it was an offside winning goal... an advantage is a chance, had the shot gone over and ref pointed to keeper for the kick you wud be the loudest to say wheres the free kick.

PS - video doesnt work.
Did you just say that it was offside? VB, are you deliberately being obtuse?

Advantage is one of the most basic concepts in football. If you get fouled, but your team still retains the ball and are in an advantageous position, you get "advantage." The ref was staring at the situation, the ball was going to Messias, and as he shoots, he blows the whistle. That shot, went into the net, the keeper was rooted to the spot. It was top corner.

If Messias missed the shot, no I wouldn't, because I understand the rules of the game. If we didn't want the advantage, we could have stopped, but we didn't, and Messias scored the game winner.

If you didn't watch then why are you commenting?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ref also didn't give a zillion textile fouls committed by Spezia, but every one done by our players. Horrible ref, lost us the match.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If you didn't watch then why are you commenting?
Saw parts... commenting on them. Like the 2nd goal... like watching a crappy version of that famous Argentina '06 WC goal

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh! Another Inter situation where the refs actively helped them this season!

Against Sassuolo. Sassuolo is up 1-0. Defrel is gone clear on goal. Handa gets in his way. Last man foul. Red card, correct? BUT NO! He kept them in the game, in a game where Sassuolo dominated them.

Inter won 2-1.

How about the hand ball just last game for Inter against Atalanta? Messias got a penalty for something similar, and it was on the edge of the box, too.

I'm still fucking waiting for one of you to give me one situation where Inter or Juve were fucked out of points in the last 10 years. I'm waiting.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Point is they scored a goal like that against Milan... lets not only blame the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule