The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

- #Milan , the meeting with the agents of #Lazetic has been postponed to tomorrow to define the operation of the 2004 class tip.
- Chapter defense, last week for a loan or young, otherwise the big investment will be made directly in June: objectives #Botman or #Bremer

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Just saying he’s still short for a modern center back, one of the shortest in the league even. Ofc wont exceed in the air. Ideally he’d be 2nd choice rb and 4th choice centerback.

Correct me if im wrong but we have one of the shortest CB pairings in the league. An extra reason why Kjaers injury hurts us and why we’re in for Botman.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Liverpool went from winning the league and the champions league in 2020 to barely clinching top 4 in the last game of the season in 2021. All because they had a rough injury ridden season. You know who they signed during the injury crisis? A defender from the english second league Ben Davis and Ozan Kabak on a loan from Schalke. At the end of the season Kabak returned to Schalke and Davis was sent on loan back to the second league. This was only one year after winning Champions league and the English league.

Last summer they signed only one player, Konate a center back from Lepzig. Now they are placed 2nd(midtable) in the English league and are the only team left in the title race with City. And as we already know they also finished top of their Champions league group without loosing a single game.

I know we’re not Liverpool. This just goes to say how injuries can ruin a season. Our core is so brittle, its not a issue you can fix by just inserting new players in the winter market.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Now they are placed 2nd(midtable)
InsistentLittleAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't forget Rebic just returned from 2 months of injury.

It almost became a mantra how I kept repeating and reminding people that injuries hurt us more than they give them credit for because in real life injuries are not like injuries in Fifa Manager. Obviously not every player is the same. But usually they won't just return and be match ready within one, two weeks, especially not when missing the pitch for 1/4 of a regular season. That's why all those injuries are hurting us so much: It's not only the time the players miss games, but also the time it takes them to get back at being 100% fit and contribute substantially to the games.

Rebic right now doesn't seem to have legs for more than 20 minutes. And knowing our fitness staff I have very little faith in that won't probably change anytime soon.

In an ideal world tho I'd say yes, as long as Giroud doesn't get his shit together like when he 1st arrived, Rebic should be starting. But then again, Giroud never had fitness issues in his career until he joined us. Coincidence? I think not.
I don't disagree with that, it definitely could be the reason but its a larger issue with Pioli imo
for weeks Messias has shown he can't play at the highest level and is a poor fit yet Pioli continues to rely on him over a Salad who has been performing well

You can't convince me that Pioli will not just stick with Giroud over a healthy Rebic

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Just saying he’s still short for a modern center back, one of the shortest in the league even. Ofc wont exceed in the air. Ideally he’d be 2nd choice rb and 4th choice centerback.

Correct me if im wrong but we have one of the shortest CB pairings in the league. An extra reason why Kjaers injury hurts us and why we’re in for Botman.
Tall players in our team is Ibra, Giroud, Leao, Bakayoko, Romagnoli and Kjaer (six players)

Ibra and Giroud rarely starting together, Leao not known for his header, Bakayoko rarely featured, and Romagnoli not even starter anymore. That's down to just three players if we field or strongest XI (Z/G, Leao, and Kjaer --> remove Kjaer and it'll leaving only TWO players).

People complained that we rarely scored but conceding a lot from corner, yet happily defending so hard to a prospect of become a team with the shortest CB pair in the league

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't disagree with that, it definitely could be the reason but its a larger issue with Pioli imo
for weeks Messias has shown he can't play at the highest level and is a poor fit yet Pioli continues to rely on him over a Salad who has been performing well

You can't convince me that Pioli will not just stick with Giroud over a healthy Rebic

He already sticked with Zlatan, he could very well stick with Giroud. That's one of the few things I really disagree with Pioli. Zlatan, at his age, shouldn't play more than 20 minutes per game. I'd stick with Giroud all the time eventhough he pulled a hell of a stinker yesterday.

Fun thing about Rebic is he pulled some incredible games as CF towards the end of lockdown and at the beginning of this season. But I remember very vividly how last season he wasn't that good as CF and people cried rivers everytime someone argued we should play Leao LW and Rebic CF. Things can change very quickly. Giroud at the beginning of this season looked like he'd fit perfect like a glow to Piolis system. I still hope he can make that work out again. If not, and as soon as Rebic is fit again, I hope Pioli won't be too stubborn to mix things up.

That being said he does seem to be open to adapt to the situation when things doesn't look good. Last season, when we were at the verge of loosing CL spot and Hakan was pulling one stinker after another (people who hate on Diaz these days and praise Hakan because he's currently good with Inter really have goldfish memory) he even droped CAM and played 4-4-2 with Diaz as SS, and it was a season changing move.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

There are a lot of tall CB around but you also have prolific CB that are "small", Marquinhos is 1,83, Alaba is 1,80 (Kalulu reminds me a lot of him minus the attacking skills), Ake is 1,80.
Kalulu just needs to get better in the air, he can back up FB but it would be a waste not to groom him into a CB.

Also I am yet to see how Kjaer´s injury hurts us so much. Of course every starter we loose hurts, but we compensated his absence pretty well. Rebic, Leao etc hurt us much more when they were out. Also Calabria at least till Florenzi picked up form. That's not anti-Kjaer but our CB depth is not bad and everyone pulled their weight.

Illicic is again out with depression, dodged a bullet here.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Regarding Leao I think Chiko has said it the best.

Some ppl just don't like him.
There's always something.
He's lazy
He's stupid
He Raps :eek: Oh noes he Raps. Apparently this was an existential crisis. I mean everyone knows that you physically lose the ability to control a football the second your first album comes out 🧐

Now it's "he doesn't have 90 min in his legs". But this one is problematic... because it implies that he is actually burning up energy....aka running aka putting in effort. Well we can't have that so let's just say it's because he's not training properly or is physically defective :proud:

For the record, I also think he should work harder and push the issue. But to be constantly knocking the guy who has been turning in our best attacking performances is really...I dunno bizarre I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
People always talk about heading like its a height thingy , it isnt.
Its more about jumping , timing & anticipation more than how tall the player is.
But same as height where you either get those or you dont , Kalu doesnt seems to have tools to be good in the aie regardless of his height or if many short CDs were great in the air.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Milan striker Leao ordered to pay Sporting CP €16.5m​

Maybe this will push him into accepting newcastle.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He's lazy
He's stupid
He Raps :eek: Oh noes he Raps. Apparently this was an existential crisis. I mean everyone knows that you physically lose the ability to control a football the second your first album comes out 🧐

Now it's "he doesn't have 90 min in his legs". But this one is problematic... because it implies that he is actually burning up energy....aka running aka putting in effort. Well we can't have that so let's just say it's because he's not training properly or is physically defective :proud:

For the record, I also think he should work harder and push the issue. But to be constantly knocking the guy who has been turning in our best attacking performances is really...I dunno bizarre I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️
Also he is black. So thats a minus.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Massimo Ambrosini, Alessandro Del Piero and Andrea Barzagli argue that Milan-Juventus ‘lacked quality,’ although the Bianconeri must be happier than the Rossoneri with last night’s result.
juve will do sumthing abt it... we wont.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lmeao has no beginning and no end... just fancy little dribble in the middle... salad does that! And sum of his dribbles are a lot fancier.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

He's lazy
He's stupid

camrongif.gif

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
People always talk about heading like its a height thingy , it isnt.
Its more about jumping , timing & anticipation more than how tall the player is.
But same as height where you either get those or you dont , Kalu doesnt seems to have tools to be good in the aie regardless of his height or if many short CDs were great in the air.
This. We can see it clearly that Kalu doesn't have the same aerial skill like say, Tomori. He often looks hesitate when entering an aerial duel. Maybe it's because in the past he played as a RB more?

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This. We can see it clearly that Kalu doesn't have the same aerial skill like say, Tomori. He often looks hesitate when entering an aerial duel. Maybe it's because in the past he played as a RB more?
He can learn it. He’s 21 and has decent/ good jump height, from the times he’s won headers. He just needs to learn timing, which comes with experience.

He’s definitely the best CB on the ball. Tight ball control, decent dribbling and passing range. He always looks calm on the ball, that’s impressive for someone he’s age.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Best way to overcome diaz disorder in CBs is positional awareness... draw a foul.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
That's perfectly fine and something I've said long time ago. My problem is that people claim he's on Mbappe/Vini level or even higher AND treat him according to that, meaning that he's untouchable.

I think he won't reach that level, but I'm still fine keeping him in the team, but ONLY if he consistently improves his workrate.... and NO it's not because I favor Rebic. I think we'll have to Ante go when he reaches 30, unless he converts to CF or smth... his style relies a lot on physicality and aggressiveness, which I don't see him keeping up with for too long, due to age. So, we'll need to find someone else to be the main actor and at that point we will have much higher goals that today.
Yes. When the criticism of him are as dumb as the bold text

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As it seems, we are not interested in winning the league. All we care about is the financial Scudetto.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He's lazy
He's stupid

To be honest all our attacker get too much criticism at the moment.
Only when Dybala went off yesterday i remembered that he was on the pitch, that's how invisible a supposed star player was. Yet Leo lazy, Ibra mascot, Giroud stiff, Seale untalented yada yada yada

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
a couple of years ago we were happy to get into EL and you people demand scudetto now?
How many years under proper ownership have inter had? we are several years behind them

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
a couple of years ago we were happy to get into EL and you people demand scudetto now?
How many years under proper ownership have inter had? we are several years behind them
I don't demand it. I am just pointing out that we are not even trying to win it. We are 1 proper player away from challenging for the trophies but we are not interested in buying him. It's not like merda are some juggernaut nowadays to say that we need a few more years or 200+ m for transfers to beat them. They are an above-average side that is currently winning trophies because they barely face any competition.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yes. When the criticism of him are as dumb as the bold text
criticizing that he gets gassed after 45 min at this age is dumb?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He's lazy
He's stupid

Chill bro, no need to be so defensive. No one here is denying that Leao offensively is by far our most valuable asset. Okay, maybe Ronin. But that's it I guess.

Critisizing certain aspects of his game doesn't mean having an agenda against Leao. But it's now the third respectable voice with actual insights in what Leaos training methods and mindsets are (were) speaking about (former) issues with his attitude. Even Leao himself admitted in an interview given to GdS two days ago that he had problems and changed a lot last summer. You can stop now pretending we're all pushing an agenda. We all know his worth. The progresses made mentally. It's visible because the Leao seen this year runs so much more than last year. That's definitely a positive.

But why can't he still last an entire game? Why does it still seem like he sometimes just checkes out for several minutes? An entire half? I don't know if it's just him having a hard time staying mentally focused, if it's a problem with his stamina making him physically and psychologically tired, something completely else or all together. Are you now going to lable me a Leao hater because I - god forbid - am giving those thoughts a voice?

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
There are a lot of tall CB around but you also have prolific CB that are "small", Marquinhos is 1,83, Alaba is 1,80 (Kalulu reminds me a lot of him minus the attacking skills), Ake is 1,80.
Kalulu just needs to get better in the air, he can back up FB but it would be a waste not to groom him into a CB.

Also I am yet to see how Kjaer´s injury hurts us so much. Of course every starter we loose hurts, but we compensated his absence pretty well. Rebic, Leao etc hurt us much more when they were out. Also Calabria at least till Florenzi picked up form. That's not anti-Kjaer but our CB depth is not bad and everyone pulled their weight.

Illicic is again out with depression, dodged a bullet here.

CB would be a late career move for Kalulu. Even Marquinho and Alaba only grew into the roles later on. For the near future he should be considered primarily as a right back. Once he can get beefy like Alaba and Ake he can move more central.

Its about balance. Everything is built from the back and having a make shift defense every other game throws off our balance. Kjaer had leadership, experience, presence in the air, and good ball distribution. Having him on the right and Tomori on the left also unlocked our full backs. We cant do that with Romagnoli(pace) or Kalulu/Gabbia(experience) without leaving a gap in our rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.