The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Regarding Leao I think Chiko has said it the best.

Some ppl just don't like him.
There's always something.
He's lazy
He's stupid
He Raps :eek: Oh noes he Raps. Apparently this was an existential crisis. I mean everyone knows that you physically lose the ability to control a football the second your first album comes out 🧐

Now it's "he doesn't have 90 min in his legs". But this one is problematic... because it implies that he is actually burning up energy....aka running aka putting in effort. Well we can't have that so let's just say it's because he's not training properly or is physically defective :proud:

For the record, I also think he should work harder and push the issue. But to be constantly knocking the guy who has been turning in our best attacking performances is really...I dunno bizarre I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️
Ronin thinks he criticisms of Leao makes him an intellectual of some sort. Under Tomori's thread there is a picture of Tomori visiting his old grammar school, guess who visited the thread to disparage it? RnB's faux intellectual, Ronin. How some folks survive their own company is a mystery to me.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Salad gets at least as much shit (and a worse nickname) than Leao. He's not black last time I checked.
Bruh. I get what you trying to do, but like Salaemakers isn’t even in the same hemisphere as Leao talent wise our even output. If we had a player with the same talent level and the same level of criticism was leveled at them, your point would be solid. But now it’s honestly just a rather terrible comparison and works against your argument in fact.

Salaemakers isn’t currently carrying our offensive play on he’s back, in fact he starts on the bench sometimes because he is so poor. So why should a player who’s our best attacking player be getting the same criticism as an average player to sometimes poor player. Think about it.

Whether fair or not, it does not make sense for a player who’s having a great season to compared to a player who is actually having a rather average to poor season. The amount of crap one gets to the other shouldn’t even be close. How is that even logical. Does that sound logical to you. Leao cristicism should be negligible at this point, simply because he is doing so well. But we have who knows how many pages on it.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bruh. I get what you trying to do, but like Salaemakers isn’t even in the same hemisphere as Leao talent wise our even output. If we had a player with the same talent level and the same level of criticism was leveled at them, your point would be solid. But now it’s honestly just a rather terrible comparison and works against your argument in fact.

Salaemakers isn’t currently carrying our offensive play on he’s back, in fact he starts on the bench sometimes because he is so poor. So why should a player who’s our best attacking player be getting the same criticism as an average player to sometimes poor player. Think about it.

Fair point. But if Leao is being overly critisized, then certainly not because he's black. Kessie got critisized too before Pioli took over, then whoreshiped once he started to carry our midfield. Tonali got hate too when he was playing poorly, and is now whorshiped once he's carrying our midfield. Skin color didn't play a role at all. People in here are smarter than looking at skin color first.

Other examples of people switching their opinions based on performance, not skin color?

- Calabria
- Kalulu
- Bennacer
- Bakayoko (Gattuso era)

For every black player people shifted their opinion for there's a white one and vice-versa.

Leao has improved a lot, and it's true that he's instrumental to our attack right now, perfectly put on display last december when we were missing him. Voicing some criticism doesn't mean hating on him, and certainly not because he's black.

Theo is carrying us and whoreshiped here too. Yet he sometimes gets critisized when he's commiting dumb errors in defence who lead to goals or when he's offensively not as productive as we're used of him (see again, last november and december). I don't see the "stop hating on white people" brigade showing up tho because no matter the critics everyone is well aware of his worth to our team. But as soon as a black player is the matter of the discussion sooner or later someone will pull the rassist card and make a debate about racism out of it. Isn't that suddenly people who want to defend Leao who are actually treating Leao differently than the rest of the people who want nothing but to discuss his performances, not his skin color?

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
, all that being said, I strongly believe in the foundations laid by the current management. I have no doubts that it is even that strong that it can challenge for Scudetto in the next one, two seasons, planed or not :D.
You couldn't resist :lol::thumbsup:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
People actually think Leao is being criticised because he is black are just ....... :fp:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think its inherently racist but there were def off putting comments back when he was releasing music and what not
Well, racism exists, it definitely does, and it's a terrible awful thing. I haven't read any of those statements in recent days tho considering the topic of this discussion: Leaos performance against Juve and the (already much improved) issue with his attitude and fitness. The general sentiment regarding Leao in here is definitely not racist.

However, if there is an ill brained minority expressing its dumb infantile inflammatory rassist wanna-be smart opinion, then for sure I hope mods will have acted accordingly already. I for example don't think racism should be protected by the right of free speech. There should be no stage to express racist sentiments at all.

But that's now an entirely different discussion I prefer to not dig into.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People actually think Leao is being criticised because he is black are just ....... :fp:
Just because you're a good guy doesn't mean everyone thinks like you.
I GUARANTEE that if Leao was Italian and looked like Tonali, you wouldn't hear any of the mUh 90 MiNz or mUh AtTiTuDeZ....and this post isn't directed at anyone in particular.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I disagree with you. I want a CAM and a RW, but I disagree with your idea that we don't create from the center and right.
Well, according to transfermarkt
Our LWs (Leao + Rebic) combined have 13 goal contributions
Our AMs (Diaz + Krunic + Maldini) combined have 8 goal contributions
Our RWs (Saele + Messias + Castillejo) combined have 8 goal contributions

5 goal contributions is a BIG difference (38% less to be precise). If any of the other areas were as productive as our LWs who both missed a lot of games by the way, we would've easily had 3-4-5 points more now. Not to mention how a productive RW/AM will engage a lot more the opponent's defense which will free more space for the other attackers + Theo which will inevitably lead to more goals.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
We need a new striker, a leader who can carry the team and score goals.

What we have now is a Ibra who's done, a fucking useless piece of shit called Giroud and Pellegri/new Serb. This will be the reason to why we will not win the league.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I GUARANTEE that if Leao was Italian and looked like Tonali, you wouldn't hear any of the mUh 90 MiNz or mUh AtTiTuDeZ....and this post isn't directed at anyone in particular.
That argument goes both ways, "Danielinho" would have an easier time on here imo, and especially Tonali got a lot of over the top criticism last season.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Not expecting a striker signing thought, too difficult to pull off.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That argument goes both ways, "Danielinho" would have an easier time on here imo, and especially Tonali got a lot of over the top criticism last season.
I was never in the "shit on Tonali" brigade. I might have made a few sarcastic wisecracks about him....but in general I prefer if ppl stfu about young players and let them develop.

Also....I am a huge fan of Brazilian players but I haven't been easy on Messias....tl;dr I hope it's not me you're referring to :o

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was never in the "shit on Tonali" brigade. I might have made a few sarcastic wisecracks about him....but in general I prefer if ppl stfu about young players and let them develop.

Also....I am a huge fan of Brazilian players but I haven't been easy on Messias....tl;dr I hope it's not me you're referring to :o
No, just in general.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Duuuuuuuuuuuuude , Tona literally was crucified on daily basis last season.
Theo is as important as Leao & many criticise him.
Point you need to understand is that Leao stamina isnt good which is true , that should be the argument.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
What a self own lol

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Duuuuuuuuuuuuude , Tona literally was crucified on daily basis last season.
Theo is as important as Leao & many criticise him.
Point you need to understand is that Leao stamina isnt good which is true , that should be the argument.
Again it's not my criticisms of you

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Anyone who criticizes Kalulu is racist

Pioli is racist if he plays Romagnoli instead of Kalulu together with Tomori when he comes back.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Again it's not my criticisms of you
I know that.
But the hint of it is a bit weird coming from you because usually you are more mature than to over play the race card.
Just dont label people & their motive if the argument is legit.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Fair point. But if Leao is being overly critisized, then certainly not because he's black. Kessie got critisized too before Pioli took over, then whoreshiped once he started to carry our midfield. Tonali got hate too when he was playing poorly, and is now whorshiped once he's carrying our midfield. Skin color didn't play a role at all. People in here are smarter than looking at skin color first.

Other examples of people switching their opinions based on performance, not skin color?

- Calabria
- Kalulu
- Bennacer
- Bakayoko (Gattuso era)

For every black player people shifted their opinion for there's a white one and vice-versa.

Leao has improved a lot, and it's true that he's instrumental to our attack right now, perfectly put on display last december when we were missing him. Voicing some criticism doesn't mean hating on him, and certainly not because he's black.

Theo is carrying us and whoreshiped here too. Yet he sometimes gets critisized when he's commiting dumb errors in defence who lead to goals or when he's offensively not as productive as we're used of him (see again, last november and december). I don't see the "stop hating on white people" brigade showing up tho because no matter the critics everyone is well aware of his worth to our team. But as soon as a black player is the matter of the discussion sooner or later someone will pull the rassist card and make a debate about racism out of it. Isn't that suddenly people who want to defend Leao who are actually treating Leao differently than the rest of the people who want nothing but to discuss his performances, not his skin color?
Kessié was in the pre Pioli era constantly being criticised for having a low football-IQ.
Leao is lazy and has a bad attitude.

All players are criticised and rightfully so when their performances are below par, but the discourse is different when players of colour are targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule