The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
wesley dont we have a rule about race baiting?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Here's a thought.

Imagine if we just cashed out the 16.5m Leao owes. Maldini winks at him and says it's no big deal. Lifetime contract signed this summer.
Bailing him out wouldn't be a bad idea but I´d include it as a one of payment in a really long contract extension.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a thought.

Imagine if we just cashed out the 16.5m Leao owes. Maldini winks at him and says it's no big deal. Lifetime contract signed this summer.
Not going to lie, I did think about that. Some form of it. :D

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
If I cud sell lmeao for wotever it wud take to sign Sobo then I'd sell today.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Not going to lie, I did think about that. Some form of it. :D
And we'd have a mountain of goodwill on the next talent coming out of Sporting.

Shrewd investment takes many forms.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
5 yrs is max.
Why that? I only know of an EU-law based rule that you can use to change clubs after 3 years, but that's hardly ever used on a gentleman's agreement basis.
5 years would be good though.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Bro there's literally a ton of "I think he'd going to be huge" posts about Pellegri
And you will have people considering Baka an actual football player.
We had many people praising Toure considering him a worthy Theo sub.
And how about the Niang fan club when obviously his average as fuck.
Fans tend to hope for the best.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And we'd have a mountain of goodwill on the next talent coming out of Sporting.

Shrewd investment takes many forms.
I have another way to gain Sporting's goodwill... boot lmeao out, tell them that he took the piss with your club so we wont keep him at ours... then ask for a good price on Palhinha.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
People who attack Leao for having low stamina don’t understand how different body types and forms of athleticism work.

As was pointed out some guys are just naturally fit, can smoke and drink everyday and then outwork everyone on the pitch or in training. Radja, Vidal, etc… but those players are rarely fast, nor can they ever get much faster. No one gives them shit for that. What’s annoying is that when a player is just naturally fast and can outpace everyone in training or on the pitch, but don’t have high stamina, they’re criticized.

Leao shouldn’t have to run back as much, considering he’s a one-man wrecking crew. Let him do what he’s supposed to do, beat players 1v1 and create numerical advantages.

Agreed. One of the mids, Kessie or Bennacer, could easily cover Leao when the opponents RB makes a rush.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jury is still out on Toure imo, his crosses and his anticipation/tackles higher up the wing are not bad which imo is what our management saw in him for our game plan. Give him a pre season to get a proper Serie A schooling on the crafty side of defense and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a good BU for Theo.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Is that so?

I mean how exactly? RR has been critisized for low football IQ too. Theo I swear is constantly accused of not being the brightest. Menez has been accused for being lazy. So did Suso. Sharaawy at one point was being made fun of by telling he's some kind of cocaine sniffing druglord. All of them have been crucial to our line-up at a certain point in history (to not step in Chikos trap again, that's why I'm not nominating Castillejo or Borini). None of them is black. How is accusing RR or Theo for low football IQ, Menez or Suso for being lazy, different than accusing Kessie and Leao for the same issues?

I am not mocking you. I'm genuily asking because I don't get it, I really don't, but maybe I am ignorant. I want to try to understand you better to make sure I'm not or, if I am, to make sure I change my opinion on this matter.
It’s my personal observation that leads me to believe that when criticising black players, posters will, in their description of those players, more generally refer to stereotypical and negative traits.

Example: Under Gattuso, Kessié was deployed more as a box-to-box midfielder and would often find himself at the end of attacks in and around the oppositions penalty box, but unfortunately more often that not he would miss those chances. As a result of these misses Kessié was called “stupid” and that he lacked “football-IQ” even though any football fan with proper eyesight could see that it was Kessié’s technique and not his intelligence that was failing him.

It was a very general idea at the time that Kessié lacked football-IQ and while I know how these narratives spread like wildfire on the forum, it is not the same pointing to a players lack of pace or physique and thus calling them “turtle” or “noodle” as it is calling a black person stupid because he misses shots.

Now I’m not saying you can’t criticise players of colours’ decision making and I’ve personally yelled “idiot!” and much worse at each and everyone of our players. But as far as I’m concerned there is generally difference in the discourse when criticising players of different skin colour

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Wild it shouldn't be this difficult to get my point
I think I explained myself well enough
To me, it sounds like you're looking for exceptions to prove your point.

You don't think I am right, then fine.
Also if Baka regains his form under Gattuso then he'll be a damn good player.
Finally I don't know of any Ballo Toure fans here but what I would say is that even Ballo Toure fans have more legitimacy than Pellegri fans

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It’s my personal observation that leads me to believe that when criticising black players, posters will, in their description of those players, more generally refer to stereotypical and negative traits.

Example: Under Gattuso, Kessié was deployed more as a box-to-box midfielder and would often find himself at the end of attacks in and around the oppositions penalty box, but unfortunately more often that not he would miss those chances. As a result of these misses Kessié was called “stupid” and that he lacked “football-IQ” even though any football fan with proper eyesight could see that it was Kessié’s technique and not his intelligence that was failing him.

It was a very general idea at the time that Kessié lacked football-IQ and while I know how these narratives spread like wildfire on the forum, it is not the same pointing to a players lack of pace or physique and thus calling them “turtle” or “noodle” as it is calling a black person stupid because he misses shots.

Now I’m not saying you can’t criticise players of colours’ decision making and I’ve personally yelled “idiot!” and much worse at each and everyone of our players. But as far as I’m concerned there is generally difference in the discourse when criticising players of different skin colour
Stupid and football IQ are two very different things though, you have pretty dimm people with high sport IQ and intelligent people with really low sport IQ, heck even if one just plays with a bigger group of friends or so it is pretty apparent that the off-field intelligence is pretty unrelated to the on-field one.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Theo is pretty dumb on the pitch... he's not black.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think this very US-society based approach works here, a black player from Africa and a black player from South America will bring out very different expectations among football fans, and a white South American will be seen as having more similarities to a black South American than a white European and so on. Prejudice and expectations aimed at playing style etc are imo a lot more culture than race dependent in football.
It’s true that geography plays a big part in our expectations and perceptions of players.

Paqueta was the new Kaká due to his nationality and the club he signed for, sometimes it’s even regional like the Pirlo - Tonali link.
Paquetá had very few things in common with Kaká other than the colour of their passports and Tonali and Pirlo had some similarities both appearance and footballing wise but their overall style is far from identical.

However I remember reading an article a while back about a study carried out in England about how players of different skin colour are described differently in media and commentary. I couldn’t find the exact article but I found one that touches on the same subject

Edit: forgot to link the article 🤣
https://theswaddle.com/study-says-f...ower-white-players-for-work-ethic-leadership/

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cameroon 1-0 Comoros
B_8IBp.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
there are so many types of people / countries to be racist against

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
there are so many types of people / countries to be racist against
Who's your pick of the week?

Taliban is visiting Oslo. Charming bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule