The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
How come Inter and Juve spend so much money while they are so much more in debt than us?

Juve still has by quite a margin the highest revenue in Italy and more importantly is majority owned by Exor, making them the most stable club financially in the league. Exor financial input is done quietly for politicial reasons so it flies under the radar, unlike let's say Berlusconi or Moratti in the past who wanted to let everybody know how much they invest into their clubs.

Inter is a financial mess and ponzi scheme on the other hand. Suning can't put any money in, but they are running on a deficit, so they just take loan after loan out with higher interests each time, essentially just winning time without solving any of their issues. Unless they get bailed out by new owners they will have to sell players like Skriniar or Lautaro in the summer, just like last season imo.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Gordon singer too much malakia

• Star
Reactions: vB9

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
guys keep in mind that Juve still owes Viola 50mil for Chiesa and Sassuolo 40mil for Locatelli. So with Vlahovic, they need to pay up 160mil while making losses year in year out and potentially risking on missing UCL. Let them spend big, they're fucking up themselves

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri

stinky marotta loves those free agents. dzeko, lautaro, dybala, correa, sanchez.... ffs. meanwhile at milan two grandpas and an 18 y/o kid... but yea the next years are ours i guess:fp:

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: vB9

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
guys keep in mind that Juve still owes Viola 50mil for Chiesa and Sassuolo 40mil for Locatelli. So with Vlahovic, they need to pay up 160mil while making losses year in year out and potentially risking on missing UCL. Let them spend big, they're fucking up themselves
+28 for Kean
*40 for Chiesa

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They'll probably sell DeLigt and replace him with our mighty Capitano

Juve will be strong financially unless they miss CL so pray for that

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
MM
Davide Bremer Tomori Theo
Sandro Renato
Adli
?--------------------------Leao
?

Now that's not only a beautifully balanced young core, it's a seriously bright Milan future. That only leaves the last all important CF/RW to complete this cycle. We just have to have some patience, accept the process, and see a little beyond this present moment.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
MM
Davide Bremer Tomori Theo
Sandro Renato
Adli
?--------------------------Leao
?

Now that's not only a beautifully balanced young core, it's a seriously bright Milan future. That only leaves the last all important CF/RW to complete this cycle. We just have to have some patience, accept the process, and see a little beyond this present moment.
I can get on board with this even though thats two players we dont own and another who hasnt played for us or in this league yet.
Finalize a few renewals, sign that expected quality in summer and hope the squad continues to mature :thumbsup::thumbsup:

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you can't buy Vlahović that's okay. But if you buy 5 milion euro player that is also not okay. Lazetic will be loaned to other clubs because no one expect nothing from him, and fossil like Ibra need to play.

That is shameful.

Even Raspadori or Scamacca are out of reach for Milan .

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We spent 18 million on Tonali. Man I don’t know. I feel we winning. I think we went from overspending to getting real value for our money. Maldini to some is cheap. I think he’s just smart, after Leonardo and F&M, this was the best way forward.
If you can't buy Vlahović that's okay. But if you buy 5 milion euro player that is also not okay. Lazetic will be loaned to other clubs because no one expect nothing from him, and fossil like Ibra need to play.

That is shameful.

scamacca was 30 million when he was trash, he’s having a decent season now, how much you think he is. He’s overpriced. If Milan is buying a striker I hope it isn’t Scamacca for 40 million plus, that big F&M moves

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That is shameful.

why would anyone want Raspadori or Scamacca in Milan?
we need real talent

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You said they were fucked when Qaas and I said their ownership has money and influence which would allow them to reload if they see fit
- Now you are changing your tune the same way Brahim was the answer and we let Hakan go to "hey I think we need an alternative"

Didnt you also get into it with Stevan on same lines? it was you or Brk or both.
You never want to admit the other side has merit even when reality hits you - you just tweak and continue.

You would make Q and KellyAnne proud.
You have said, many times, that you don't read my long essays. And yet you are trying to pin me into some position? Pick one. Either you read my bullshit or you don't. Because it's clear that you don't.

I didn't fucking want to do this, but let's go:

On November 11, 2021 I wrote: "Inter are more fucked than Juve. Their owners are actually in debt though, lol." There is another long post in which I broke down the fact that Juve's parent company, Exor, is what makes them different to Inter. I also went into insane detail over Barca's ownership structure and how that was disadvantageous to them (there was a post on Nov 16, 2021; a series of back-and-forth are around that time period if you're interested).

I have written, extensively, on how Inter and Barca are in deep shit, and that Juve's problems, while yes financial, are fundamentally different to Inter and Barca, Inter because their parent company is really in deep shit, while at Barca, because they do not have an ownership structure. Barca couldn't register Torres, EVERY FUCKING SERIOUS JOURNALIST talks about how much shit Barca are in, but I'm crazy? God damn. I'm not an asshole, but Jesus I want to be now, because everyone who covers Barca talk ad nauseam over their financial problems. Yes, BARCA ARE IN DEEP SHIT. Everyone seems to know it except people here. Does it mean they are fated to become relegation fodder? No. But things aren't looking great.

In fact, in a post TO YOU I talked about how different Inter and Juve are, on Dec 12, 2021. I argued with you over this exact topic and I said, and I quote: "Juventus, I understand, they're owned by the Agnelli family, and they're so important to Italy as is their company, and they've infected all the institutions to insulate them as much as possible. But Inter are owned by foreigners, who can't pay their bills. How are they going to reload when they can't buy players? Juve have to rebuild their squad, they're overpaid and shit. Inter have to sell players to keep the lights on."

See the difference? I think Juventus have big sporting problems, but not financial ones, at least not ones that will prevent them from moving forward. Things aren't great, that's true, but they'll be fine. Inter, however, are in deep shit. It's not even an issue of nuance, just of contrast.

As far as Vlahovic and shit, I've been on record for a while:

On November 24, 2021 I wrote: "I wouldn't pay 70m for Vlahovic. Hell, I wouldn't pay 50m for him." I then continued and wrote: "If you wanted to be unkind, you'd say that penalties have masked a player who struggles with consistency. If I wanted to grab a striker to work on as a project, I'd rather grab Scamacca, who has more skill and is more nimble than Vlahovic is."

I've also openly talked about how much I like Scamacca, despite his neck tattoos and his crazy father.

I actually had a lot more quotes, but I honestly have to get back to work. If you actually will read the receipts, I'll go to our old forum and get them from the summer, because I'm honestly annoyed at you, and you know why?

Because you tried to say I changed my tune ON BRAHIM?! I was the one who fucking wanted HAKAN, or did you forget? I was the only fucking asshole who wanted him over Brahim. You're going to try to pin BRAHIM on me? The amount of shit I got, especially when I had to be paired with LOCAL. Have you ever had an opinion that was shared only by someone and then you hear their other opinions and then you're like "Jesus Christ, am I a moron? Am I crazy?" But I was catching SO MUCH SHIT for saying I'd take Hakan over Brahim, and you're saying that I'm CHANGING MY TUNE?!

Just because I said "well, I hope that Brahim turns into the second-coming of Messi and Christ" or whatever, that means I changed my TUNE?! Get the fuck out of here.

Smurf, I can quote myself like in Dec 20, 2021 where I wrote: "I didn't want Brahim to be our starting CAM" or the million times I've drooled over Nedim Bajrami, or how much I've shit on Brahim. But no matter who the player is, I always WANT them to do well. Because if they do well, we do well. I want Toure to become so good, we sell him for 100m so we can keep Theo, I want Brahim to turn into the next Zidane-Messi-Aimar (a fav of mine) and win 10 CLs in a row with us while winning 6 Balon d'Ors (with the others going to Leao).

I don't root for players AT MILAN to do poorly so I can be right. I root for players at Milan to prove me wrong. If that's "changing my tune" then maybe we just have different definitions of what a fucking tune is.

I talk about how I was wrong about things, a lot. Kjaer being a huge one. Pioli another one. I thought Theo wasn't necessary because RR was fine and I wanted that money to be put into other places in the team--how fucking stupid was that? I have no problem saying I'm wrong, but I do have a problem with having my position being changed, especially in the context over Vlahovic signing with Juve being bled into my extensive criticism over Inter and Barca.

Juve signing Vlahovic is a surprise, but I don't give a shit, because I am not a big fan of his.

Whatever, you're not going to read this, but if you do, and if you really want me to get the receipts, I will, otherwise, have a great day--and that's not sarcasm or whatever, I honestly hope you have a great day.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Samuele Ricci is close to joining Torino
We cant even get the smaller transfers right.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Honestly it's a miracle that we've managed to challenge for scudetto the last 2 years considering our small budget + inexperienced players.

Maldini + Pioli + the rest are doing a fantastic job when you consider the reality of things.

Until we can make big investments on WC players or some of our young players become WC, we can't expect trophies.

Best we can hope for is to stay playing CL every season and hopefully sooner rather than later we can start investing more in WC players.

We have a lot of really strong players in Tomori, Theo, Tonali, etc, but we need a significant investment in the attack.

Ibra is ready for retirement, Giroud looks cooked, Salamander/Messias is very average, Diaz is not CAM, Krunic is rotation player at best.

Leao/Rebic is the only real quality in the attack. We need investments in CAM, RW, ST ASAP, even more so than another CB.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
turns out MB was right all along, we did get Vlahovic in january

just not the one we expected

edit: beat me to it

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
stinky marotta loves those free agents. dzeko, lautaro, dybala, correa, sanchez.... ffs. meanwhile at milan two grandpas and an 18 y/o kid... but yea the next years are ours i guess:fp:
Correq s loan with obligation for 30M this summer. Hes garbage. Money wasted. They re already kicking themself. Should have gone with scamaca.
Dzeko was good deal but hes done. 36, awfull stats. Will be worse next year. At 10M gross a year.
Sanchez s at 14M gross a year. Great but past the prime player at 33yo. Check his stats last and this year.
Lautaro was bought. Very good player.

These re reason they re taking another 400M loan to pay previous loan (bonds technicaly) and hope some crazy arab ll buy them. No sane person ll buy the club with 800M debt and losing 200M yearly.

And people forgey this was our first cl after decade. Juve and inter rr playing it yearly and get 50-100M just fron that.

And that juve squad needs rebuild from defence to mid. Dusan ll get them some points but that squad s no scudetto winner, this or next year.

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kakà, Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.
Depressing as f*ck. I can't get over how cheap this ownership is. Poor Maldini, having to build a team with peanuts. All Elliott cares about is balancing the f*cking books.

I'm sure in 4-5 years when the new stadium will be ready and revenus will have improved somebody will purchase us. Until then, we'll have to make do with the Pellegri's and Lazetic's of this world. AC Udinese, anyone?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Correq s loan with obligation for 30M this summer. Hes garbage. Money wasted. They re already kicking themself. Should have gone with scamaca.
Dzeko was good deal but hes done. 36, awfull stats. Will be worse next year. At 10M gross a year.
Sanchez s at 14M gross a year. Great but past the prime player at 33yo. Check his stats last and this year.
Lautaro was bought. Very good player.

These re reason they re taking another 400M loan to pay previous loan (bonds technicaly) and hope some crazy arab ll buy them. No sane person ll buy the club with 800M debt and losing 200M yearly.

And people forgey this was our first cl after decade. Juve and inter rr playing it yearly and get 50-100M just fron that.

And that juve squad needs rebuild from defence to mid. Dusan ll get them some points but that squad s no scudetto winner, this or next year.
Inter 4 years ahead of us, but we’re catching up quick and their team besides the defense, is old. We’re overtaking them very soon. Juve if they don’t make CL this year are going to be in a lot of pain. Hopefully the current top four maintain a good pace and we squeeze them out.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Commode is all doom and gloom. This what happens when people like Leaf get posting privileges.

Both Juve and Inter face a lot of issues. They are both broke, last summer we spent more than both.

If you think the Vlahovic money came out magically just watch how they’ll move in the summer. This is their last ditch attempt to achieve top4 since they still have all the players with running out contracts. Loosing Chiesa means they have to invest now to even make champions league next year. If they’re so “rich” why cant they afford to pay Dybala, Bernadeschi renewals? Why are they trying so hard to get rid of half their midfield?

Inter is rich? They had to sell their two most prolific players last summer. Imagine if we had to sell both Theo and Leao. They havent signed anyone yet you know why? It’s because they have to base their incoming market on their outgoing player sales. And last year they had Lukaku and Hakimi but id like to see how much luck they have selling their 30 year olds. Half their players are aged with absurd contracts. They’re running on borrowed time.

We still have the better team now and long term, it just takes an absurd luck with injuries to kill our season.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Depressing as f*ck. I can't get over how cheap this ownership is. Poor Maldini, having to build a team with peanuts. All Elliott cares about is balancing the f*cking books.

I'm sure in 4-5 years when the new stadium will be ready and revenus will have improved somebody will purchase us. Until then, we'll have to make do with the Pellegri's and Lazetic's of this world. AC Udinese, anyone?
Why pick those two and not Tomori, Tonali, Maignan? We bought those guys in the last year you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule