The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're twisting yourself into a knot to defend #DaPlan
I'm using basic logic, human nature and past events.
The truth of the matter is that we simply don't have the money to operate like a big club and therefore should temper our expectations...which is fine.

However, as of January 2022 we have a shot....not a sure shot...but a shot at lo scudetto...and we're sitting on our hands.
That's very frustrating.....There's a TON of things that we can't change no matter what. But this REFUSAL to act is most annoying.
You twisted letting players go into calling them sales, you are the one twisting yourself in knots. You went at lengths to defend "mid-table in my heart" and you have the audacity to talk about logic? Leaf, stop it.

I've asked you several questions, that you refuse to answer, and I'm going to be annoying about it, because you avoid these questions like the plague:

1) would you give Kessie 8-9m?
2) the things you are asking for are what Napoli has done, if we did that, and we failed, then what?
3) my expectations are to try to seriously challenge [if not outright win] the CL in 2-3 years, how is that tempering expectations?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Me when I found out we made a profit of 1.8m on Kerkez:

795baeb5e495fc3b43cf72281cf0ea05.jpeg
~900% Return on Investment

AcceptableWhimsicalBullmastiff-size_restricted.gif

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
You twisted letting players go into calling them sales, you are the one twisting yourself in knots. You went at lengths to defend "mid-table in my heart" and you have the audacity to talk about logic? Leaf, stop it.

I've asked you several questions, that you refuse to answer, and I'm going to be annoying about it, because you avoid these questions like the plague:

2) the things you are asking for are what Napoli has done, if we did that, and we failed, then what?
3) my expectations are to try to seriously challenge [if not outright win] the CL in 2-3 years, how is that tempering expectations?
You know what you're are right about me incorrectly calling them sales. My bad. Was referring to their departures.
My use of the term "sale" probably caused confusion so sorry about that.

Let me answer your questions....apologies for not getting to them earlier.

1) I would have given Kessie if we were a big club. But I can't blame Management for not giving in under these circumstances
2) Irrelevant. If is the key word. We haven't done it yet. Let me fling some of your bullshit back at you :D
3) I hope you are right about #DaPlan. I don't see it yet. That's not to say that I don't see massive improvements from the banter era....but there's a step or two between where we are now and title winners.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Vitiello: #Lazetic today he presented himself to the team at Milanello then took tests and carried out personalized athletic work. Good impressions. #Ibra and #Tomori gym, the others all on the pitch.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Can't wait until Lazetic scores a Pato vs Barca-type goal in CL next season :b:

Does Paul Singer have any daughters?

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
[Hugo Guillemet - L'Equipe] It will be around €18m (including bonuses) for Romain Faivre, as OL want the player this winter. The transfer is imminent, the Brest player wants to come and his club is looking for a replacement.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On a side note:

Lebanese friends, what is the white sauce used for kebabs? Holy garlics

The situation with THIS Milan is that we'll probably sell Leao, Theo etc sooner rather than later.
Right now I think of us as more of a Dortmund than a Bayern.

If my assessment is correct, then getting the replacements is very crucial to our model.
It's how Dortmund can keep selling off their stars while remaining competitive in a football sense.
I am okay with this. We won't become a Bayern from being a mid-table club among European giants (I know people jumped on Wild for using 'mid-table') unless we get a big injection from our owners, and thats definitely not happening.

And I suspect under Elliot this will remain to be our goal:
- Remain competitive while managing wage structure (selling players who want big money)
- Try to build the stadium
- Fix our finances.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We should sign Benjamin Aguero for da plan.
He's got Maradonna's and Aguero's genes
He might only be 13 but it's never too early to start :b:

Plus he'll be ready for first team action when #DaPlan is complete

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

To be fair, if we were still a top club among today's standards, contract sagas wouldn't really be a thing.

- Kessie would have never gotten chance after chance when he was stagnant for his first 3 years here.
- And if we had stars on the team, we have prestige and being competitive on our side, peasants like Kessie wouldn't dare to ask for this much because they know they will get let go.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
How cold hearted must you be not to like those Lazetic photos from Milanello?

He may never end up being a star but I sure look forward to seeing him play for the first time.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You know what you're are right about me incorrectly calling them sales. My bad. Was referring to their departures.
My use of the term "sale" probably caused confusion so sorry about that.

Let me answer your questions....apologies for not getting to them earlier.

1) I would have given Kessie if we were a big club. But I can't blame Management for not giving in under these circumstances
2) Irrelevant. If is the key word. We haven't done it yet. Let me fling some of your bullshit back at you :D
3) I hope you are right about #DaPlan. I don't see it yet. That's not to say that I don't see massive improvements from the banter era....but there's a step or two between where we are now and title winners.
I am 100% in agreement with you about where we are currently.

but there's a step or two between where we are now and title winners.
Now if that's the case, why overextend and overpay for player in January just for an off chance we might win Scudetto this year? With the risk being that the player is shit and we are stuck with him like Samu (or Laxalt, Lapadula, Bacca before him)?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It must suck not to believe in this squad.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I am 100% in agreement with you about where we are currently.

but there's a step or two between where we are now and title winners.
Now if that's the case, why overextend and overpay for player in January just for an off chance we might win Scudetto this year? With the risk being that the player is shit and we are stuck with him like Samu (or Laxalt, Lapadula, Bacca before him)?
It makes sense by virtue of our position in the table in 2022.
We are within striking distance for the scudetto.
How incredible would it be if we won it with all the shit we've been through?
small budget, injuries, referee dumbfuckery and covaids outbreaks

Next year holds 0 guarantees no matter how well we are "built"
There's always shit waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It must suck not to believe in this squad.
:lol:

At least be honest about it like Qaas, some people out here going crazy day after day are going to lose their mind soon enough.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If you're (still) sane you're not a Milan fan :o

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
You guys have to realize this team is technically ahead of schedule. They have a plan and they are sticking to it. Maldini always said and will keep saying they need 3 to 4 seasons of consistent CL football to start making the real signings they want. The fact that we jumped from 6 to 2 in the table last season, and now have been toward the top again is a good thing, it’s not a missed opportunity. Of course us fans always want to go for it and we should, but in terms of the plan they have no reason to stray from it. Things are on track, the club is qualifying where it wants to for now, the team is young and exciting(and getting better), the finances keep improving. We are still poised to have a great future, regardless what the other fuckers Juve and merda do

This is the truth and nothing but the truth. You can't rebuild a broken club in two years. It takes a solid plan and time. Let's stick to it and celebrate when we'll reach the summit.

Forza Milan.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
How cold hearted must you be not to like those Lazetic photos from Milanello?

He may never end up being a star but I sure look forward to seeing him play for the first time.

Not only cold hearted, but plain stupid as well. How can they judge his potential when they have never seen him play? An ignorant way of viewing things. Let us wait and see. Forza Lazetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule