The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Tomorrow. We better not underestimate. We threw away great opportunities in the past.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rangnick is doing meh with a lot of draws.... gazidis... oh gazidis.... you almost made a blunder
When the rumors about Rangnick we’re gaining steam we weren’t doing that well at the time. Pioli wasn’t supposed to be a long term option, he was just there to steady the ship. The 5:0 happened with Pioli in charge. Gazidis changed his mind after our lockdown form, which was a big decision at the time. Many of us were shocked when the news that Pioli was staying broke during halftime. At the time it was almost certain that even though the team was playing great, it was still going to be Rangnick. It wasn’t an easy decision, which is why it’s really unfair and weird to blame Gazidis for almost making a blunder. It’s much more reasonable to actually praise him for not being stubborn and changing his mind when the evidence clearly showed Pioli was the man we needed.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Thing is he was decent with us in preseason, i want to know more like full one season with us in double pivot, 10+games as sub/starter, then we can judge fairly.
That’s what I saw when I watched him, he looked ok as DM (the way we use them) … but since he scores quite a bit (maybe due to their tactics) it might make him more exciting.
Without the goals, I personally haven’t seen much special.

But as DM in Pioli’s Milan…I think we have to wait to see more of him here. He could be Krunic’s heir (DM or Physical AM to neutralize a specific player when needed) while progressing and hopefully establishing himself at a position.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we will replace Kessie and De Krunic will be the 4th DM next season.

Hopefully, we will bring Renato in. I made the mistake of watching his YT comps. tonight and now I won’t be able to sleep.

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
When the rumors about Rangnick we’re gaining steam we weren’t doing that well at the time. Pioli wasn’t supposed to be a long term option, he was just there to steady the ship. The 5:0 happened with Pioli in charge. Gazidis changed his mind after our lockdown form, which was a big decision at the time. Many of us were shocked when the news that Pioli was staying broke during halftime. At the time it was almost certain that even though the team was playing great, it was still going to be Rangnick. It wasn’t an easy decision, which is why it’s really unfair and weird to blame Gazidis for almost making a blunder. It’s much more reasonable to actually praise him for not being stubborn and changing his mind when the evidence clearly showed Pioli was the man we needed.
Feels like there are more people involved in this resurgence. To think its Pioli alone is a stretch

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Feels like there are more people involved in this resurgence. To think its Pioli alone is a stretch
That's not the point. Of course he's not entirely the reason, but letting go of Rangnick at that time was both the right decision and also one that was very surprising.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Yes he did actually. Came on and scored a header but Pobega was slightly offside and was judged by var to have interfered.
which means, he actually did not score.

no one counts offside goal :fp:

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
That's not the point. Of course he's not entirely the reason, but letting go of Rangnick at that time was both the right decision and also one that was very surprising.
That's the thing I would like to know. With our budget what we have accomplished is something I'm willing to bet all the major clubs are taking notice. So what is it or who is it? We gotta be the most innovative team out there.

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Jeff Bezos went on to explain that the smartest people he’s observed were always “revising their understanding, reconsidering a problem they thought they’d already solved. They’re open to new points of view, new information, new ideas, contradictions, and challenges to their own way of thinking”

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
Jeff Bezos went on to explain that the smartest people he’s observed were always “revising their understanding, reconsidering a problem they thought they’d already solved. They’re open to new points of view, new information, new ideas, contradictions, and challenges to their own way of thinking”
So cliché

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
General has initiated PM with Thuhang

View attachment 1530
Consequential
c8dbe68d4543ae8453587a04cac21a8f.jpg

fuck thomas lemar

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

Hard to believe that Sanches is going to be Kessie's replacement. He's more of offensive player, and rather injury prone. Double pivot consist of Tonali, Adli, Bennie, and Sanches would be too light (even if we add Pobega, who he himself is more attacking minded). It would make more sense if we sign him for RW.

Last edited:

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Hard to believe that Sanches going to be Kessie replacement. He's more of offensive player, and rather injury prone. Double pivot consist of Tonali, Adli, Bennie, and Sanches would be too light (even if we add Pobega, who he himself is more attack minded). It would make more sense if we sign him for RW.

Also
In the last few games, Kessie were being pushed forward as AM, which is nowhere near defensive.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Hard to believe that Sanches going to be Kessie replacement. He's more of offensive player, and rather injury prone. Double pivot consist of Tonali, Adli, Bennie, and Sanches would be too light (even if we add Pobega, who he himself is more attack minded). It would make more sense if we sign him for RW.
I think Adli (unless emergency) will be playing AM Not in the double pivot.
He’s more of a AM that plays deeper like 10+10 was (In contrast to Diaz)
Sanches is a DM that “can play”. Guess we can just say CM.
Double pivot is what he has been playing in for a while now…also can play Infirmary

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Boban made him change his mind....

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Definitely a great point. Maldini showed the same when he fired Giampaolo like immediately, recognizing that he had made a mistake in appointing him and correcting course as fast as possible.

Milan is in GREAT hands and believe me I shat on Gazidis and Scaroni as much as anyone. As long as Gazidis focuses on the financial aspect of Milan and stays the fuck out of technical decisions, we are going to continue rising.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Game in 3 hours. Why the heck does it have to be 3:30am over here.. :rebicry:

Also, for those scared of early kickoffs....

In the Samp draw, we were playing Saelesmaker as RB, Samu, Hakan and Krunic as our CAMs.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

defending/quality of serieA changed (attacking also)

Hard to believe that Sanches is going to be Kessie's replacement. He's more of offensive player, and rather injury prone. Double pivot consist of Tonali, Adli, Bennie, and Sanches would be too light (even if we add Pobega, who he himself is more attacking minded). It would make more sense if we sign him for RW.
doubt he will end here,
and also would like someone more defensive oriented
but if you look how our players are positioned when we pressing ... often tonali or kessie are around attacking box.
and we need ball playing/shooting cms.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I think Sanches will not happen like all rumors pre-mercato.
It will be interesting to see what will happen. Maldini buys only strictly calculated moves. And doesnt over pay. Our luck is that Lille and Milan co operate so well.
My thoughts: Milan has Baka on 2 year loan and Pobega from summer. Im 100% sure Maldini will try to bring Kessie replacement, one very strong player. And if Lille and Milan get things done in a way that suits Milan Sanchez will be here. But if thats not possible Maldini will bring back Pobega and Adli will arrive. Which is simply - smart. Theres no money to throw away.

If Sanchez/someone arrives I can see Pobega playing one more year of loan untill Baka's contract expires. Of if Baka goes away in the summer (which I would prefer to be honest...)

Many guys see Adli as a 10. But I saw him play deep. And he brings a lot of security and passing. Extremely talented player. Of course serie a is a different level tactically and above all defensively so he WILL need time.

Im above all concerned about 2 poistions that are simply not on level. CF and RW. Dont know what Massara thinks of course. But I have nothing against Belotti being added to Giroud, Ibra and Rebic as possible CF. If Ibra stays (which Im not sure will happen but I would still keep him in Milanello).

And again, the player that I see as a potentially new star is - Singo. That player has insane potential of phisical nature, speed, power, shoot... Very young. And is someone who Milan could target. Of course scouts know the details better. but having Theo-Leao/Rebic on one side and Singo/Calabria on other is a very, very powerfull weapon... Specially as Singo does play defensive phase under Juric pretty well and Pioli would still get a player that can defend but can also go 1 on 1 and create extra man, space, danger. I respect Messias but he's not a player for new Milan. Saele is a fighter but a player to be used in first 18, not first 11. IMO.

So, Im pretty optimistic Milan will be stronger next year. Even without Kessie. Only real shame is that there was no money to simply buy Vlahovic or someone truly powerfull as a CF. Maybe Moncada does his magic but...

Now, lets win 3pts and we are back into the scudetto race officially!! Forza ragazzi!

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

Did this 100 Million Dollar Man story ever repated again in professional football history?

Last edited:

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
No one ever said that Pobega is ready to be a starter here. Nor that he's the biggest talent in Italy. We're talking about a homegrown player that could potentially be of use to us. Of-course people will talk about him and the possibility that he could be with us next year. If not, we could loan him out for another season and make a final assessment next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.