The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No part of me believes we are going to pay 30M for Scamacca. Renato and Botman? Yes, those are very good deals.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Idk Giroud and Origi/Scammaca/Belotti feels a little unambitious. But i would choose Origi from the somewhat believable rumors.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
he's also similar to giroud...a no brainer to buy scamacca for 30 million at this point in time

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter and juve would spend that. Look at Vlahovic Locatelli Chiesa Barella.
Juve would spend that, but they already have a striker, so they won't spend that on Scamacca.

Inter don't have money. They have to sell to buy. If they sell Lautaro for Scamacca, great, let them. They also have to pay for Correa, Gosens, and probably someone else.

We are the only team in Italy that has a need at striker who can afford him. If Maldini wants Scamacca, he has a huge advantage.
This is just me. I don’t give credence to these reports unless it really fit with what Maldini has done/ is doing. And also the whole situation.
The figures of a Scammacca deal don’t feel “Maldini”. especially when Origi is available for much lower aka “free”.
Unless he’s been Hijacked by another club.

I really like Scammacca, but the more I look at Origi, the clearer it is for me that he is the better option. Free or not.

I also don’t believe we’re looking for 2 strikers…whether IBra is leaving or not…
Origi is a true backup. Giroud won a world cup, as the starter. Giroud was a huge part of Chelsea's success. Origi has scored a few good goals here and there, but those "goals/assists to minutes" ratio stats are padded by playing against 2nd division teams (or Norwich, a 2nd division side basically) in the cups.

Giroud came here as Ibra's backup, let's be honest. He's done an amazing job. I think people are talking themselves into Origi being a good option.

Scamacca is like Tonali. He's a great talent that is coming up in favorable conditions. If we get him, which I hope for since I've been a Scamacca fan since last year, it will be like the Tonali deal. I mean, the Tonali deal wouldn't qualify as a Maldini move, but he did it.

I agree, I don't see us getting 2 strikers, I also think Ibra stays for another year.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know that Scamacca is considered anywhere near the same level of talent as Tonali.

You’d have to be a total rube like wild to not have known Tonali had insane potential. Scamacca has shown some flashes, but Tonali was the Italian wonder boy for years.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
195 cm...very athletic. Not many of those guys around

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Origi is a true backup. Giroud won a world cup, as the starter. Giroud was a huge part of Chelsea's success. Origi has scored a few good goals here and there, but those "goals/assists to minutes" ratio stats are padded by playing against 2nd division teams (or Norwich, a 2nd division side basically) in the cups.

Giroud came here as Ibra's backup, let's be honest. He's done an amazing job. I think people are talking themselves into Origi being a good option.

Scamacca is like Tonali. He's a great talent that is coming up in favorable conditions. If we get him, which I hope for since I've been a Scamacca fan since last year, it will be like the Tonali deal. I mean, the Tonali deal wouldn't qualify as a Maldini move, but he did it.

I agree, I don't see us getting 2 strikers, I also think Ibra stays for another year.

I hear you…
If Scammacca is like Tonali.
Imo, Origi is like Tomori.
Underutilized very good player. Like Giroud, Kjaer, Tomori, we can even add Theo.
Point is Player’s status is not indicative of their quality or what they could do for us…especially those from big clubs.

As you said stats can be padded. what I look at is his ability to score.

Small teams from championship or big teams In CL, he can score.

Right foot goal
Left Foot goal
Header goal
Run in behind goal
Long range shot goal / goals from nothing
Curlers
Poacher goals
Cheeky quick finish under the keeper
Goals at the end of mazy runs past 2-3-4 players
can hold up, can pass, can dribble.

That’s the great thing with underutilized or wrongly utilized players, his status at Liverpool is irrelevant to us (like Giroud, Kjaer…) does he have what we need in our CF? Strong yes for me.

I think he is a better footballer than Tammy, who given his attributes, which the league is maybe not equipped to deal with, is having a great time.
Physicality, intensity Vs the Romagnoli’s and Bonuccis of this league

Giroud. Unfortunately we can’t search posts from the old forum. I always used to put “” when I called Giroud “backup” because to me, he was always more of a “co” Ibra than Backup. Given Ibras age and health.
To me it was always 2 +35yo sharing minutes 50-50 (60-40 at worst) so they don’t disintegrate mid season. Lol.
So just like Origi. His status at Chelsea didn’t matter. Like Kjaer whose status was even worse.
It’s purely “you got what we need. wanna ride? let’s roll”

I really like Scammacca, but I won’t pick him over over Origi under the current condition… even if Origi had 1 year left and Liverpool wanted a small 5-8m fee. I’d still do that over 30m Scammacca.

From the Maldini point of view (lol like I live in Maldini’s head) … we know he likes to add players that won something. This one is 26 (?) and “free” and won everything. The biggest trophies. We can go back to his status on the team (sub) but we can’t deny that without him they don’t win those trophies. He came up at crucial, high pressure moments and delivered.
I think that holds a lot of value for Maldini.
Another thing, he is playing in a team that plays the style of football we aspire to master.

My reasoning

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Next season, I’m sure we’ll have a training kit sponsor….Go get it Ivan!

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
After every "news" linking us with every players on this planet, I think this is the most realistic starting XI for our 22/23 campaign :

Origi
Leao -- Adli -- Blas
Bennacer -- Tonali
Theo -- Tomori -- Kjaer -- Calabria
Maignan

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think the Scamacca rumours are there because his agent knows the Origi deal is close, and he wants his client to join our glorious club.

Glad to be back with the community. Let's win the Scudetto.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Although Scamacca is a technical guy, I feel like he is not a big team player. He can be good for Roma or Atalanta, but not Milan.
I fully trust Maldini, but investing a lot of money into Scamacca is a risk I wouldn't take

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Although Scamacca is a technical guy, I feel like he is not a big team player. He can be good for Roma or Atalanta, but not Milan.
I fully trust Maldini, but investing a lot of money into Scamacca is a risk I wouldn't take
Scamacca is an insanely good striker (or at least can be)
I never trusted Italian Striker post Inzaghi & Toni, i’m sure this one is different

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the Scamacca rumours are there because his agent knows the Origi deal is close, and he wants his client to join our glorious club.

Welcome back.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I keep hearing about renato sanches and his injuries. So i took a look and he is consistently missing 2-3 months per season due to injury.

So im gonna say if he is on a discount deal then yes. Otherwise next please.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Welcome back man.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I keep hearing about renato sanches and his injuries. So i took a look and he is consistently missing 2-3 months per season due to injury.

20m is a fair price for him. The discount will probably be for Botman, as we're taking an injury prone player off their hands.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
No part of me believes we are going to pay 30M for Scamacca. Renato and Botman? Yes, those are very good deals.
That's true, but we can also sign Scamacca this summer, but pay for the 2023-24 fiscal year.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

This Aaron Hickey can play *both* on the left and the right. And probably just as good on both.

Wow...........
I want him

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

Bitchensssssssssss

Zvoneontology

Primavera
Reaction score

He's simply not worth it, especially for the $20-25 million price tag. As they say, the best ability is availability. A fantastic talent no doubt, but he has missed on average more than 1/3rd of a season every season for the past 4-5 seasons. He's guaranteed to miss at least 13-14 games per season. And there's no telling how much worse his injury problems are going to get as he gets older.

Our last couple of seasons were bad enough with the injury crises we had to go through. Adding a player with his awful injury record will simply exacerbate any injury crisis. Do we really want to go through another season of having to collectively excuse this team's performances with cliched nuggets like: "If only we had our first 11 available, we would have clinched top 4 already or won the Scudetto." "If only we had X or Y player available, we would have won such and such game." etc. etc. You can't even use those excuses anymore when you have a player like Sanches, since this is exactly what you're getting with a player of his injury record. Says right there on the tin, to speak proverbially. Be forewarned.

Forza1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Very very good move. He is one best new LW talents in the world. Napoli will have great profit in the future.
He's a talent sure, but let's just see how it goes. People hyped Lozano as well. Hasn't he been bit of flop?

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

This Aaron Hickey can play *both* on the left and the right. And probably just as good on both.

Wow...........
I want him

Dont think we'll offer 20mil for a Theo backup sadly

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
We urgently need more Italians at Milan.
I hope Maldini finds the right ones.

E91BF52E-2EFF-4F44-B2A3-775FEAD950B3.jpeg

reservoir-dogs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.