The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MILAN 4EVER

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
44EUR (10EUR Cuore Rossonero discount) for orange section sector 161. Congrats on your first SS visit, it will be glorious believe me! I have been many times over the years and it will be my third time this season so if you need any advice, specific pointers on the city or going to the game let me know!
I was a bit too late with the tickets, only terzo rosso were available together with the visitors and family seats. I bought mine for €9 each which is laughable, I just hope the whole pitch will be visible😂. I would appreciate your advice very much. Except the Duomo I dont know very much. Have been twice in Milan but always just for the day.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
They sold us Sheva for peanuts back in the day, that too after he'd finished top of the UCL scoring charts.

So I dont mind tbh.
It wasn't "for peanuts" .. Sheva was an expensive signing, especially for that time

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
It wasn't "for peanuts" .. Sheva was an expensive signing, especially for that time

He cost $25M... which back in those days was around £16M

The reason why I say it was peanuts is

1) These were the top transfers in 98,99,00

Screenshot_20220402-143724_Chrome.jpg

Inter paid double for Vieri.

Shearer cost Newcastle slightly lower a couple seasons earlier.

2) He'd finished top of the UCL scoring charts that season. Having watched him rip up the elite, to me it has always felt like we got an absolute bargain in comparison to what other players were sold for.

98/99 was the one year wenger failed to get out of the group stages. Sheva terrorised that legendary defence both home and away.

£16M for that talent at that time was peanuts imho.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
What about his overall game? A "gem" or a "shame"?

*he more of a shame in last game

One of the better players but he came on the start of the second half. Out of the Primavera games that I've watched the players I rate are:

Gala, Alesi (out today), Chaka, Eletu and Lazatic.

Eletu is an ‘05 only so he has played with multiple youth teams. He’s interesting to watch.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the interest in origi is unexplainable and not necessarily an upgrade to let's say rebic at cf... yawn
how so? why are you saying this w such certainty? you could say this guy showed/proved himself more in late appearances & a 1/3 worth of game time than ante for majority of his career

ante did well as the CF because of his movement and pressing along w pace, but origi offers just that + he has more goals in him, not to mention the height & aerial presence. as far as LW of the bench is concerned, I think they'd both be @ a similar level. thing w ante hes likely going to decline going forward, whilst origi will get a chance to show what he can do in the right evnirnoment for the first time

ante hasnt even played this year cause hes never available as usual

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
I was a bit too late with the tickets, only terzo rosso were available together with the visitors and family seats. I bought mine for €9 each which is laughable, I just hope the whole pitch will be visible😂. I would appreciate your advice very much. Except the Duomo I dont know very much. Have been twice in Milan but always just for the day.
I think it's totally fine to see the pitch, and you'll have an amazing view from the terzo rosso of the Curva Sud when they display their 19th scudetto mega banner :thumbsup:

PM me as the game approaches and I'll be happy to give you some pointers

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
common sense my dear, I want our club to actually compete in cl
but as you support seale as our starter RW, I don't believe we have the same ambitions
Everytime i read your posts

giphy.gif

Also who said i wanted salad as a starting rw? Show me, I'll wait.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
I think the Scamacca rumours are there because his agent knows the Origi deal is close, and he wants his client to join our glorious club.

Glad to be back with the community. Let's win the Scudetto.
Welcome back!
Btw I was in Norway during the international break, far north in Tromsø, was really beautiful. I love winter and travel a lot to the northern countries (not so hot in summer), beautiful nature and not as overpopulated as central Europe.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was late for Atalanta also, got mine for Fiorentina, though.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Welcome back!
Btw I was in Norway during the international break, far north in Tromsø, was really beautiful. I love winter and travel a lot to the northern countries (not so hot in summer), beautiful nature and not as overpopulated as central Europe.
Nice, I live not too far from Tromsø.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Chelsea getting their asses handed to them at home by Brentford of all teams.
Let's hope we don't do anything stupid like that this matchweek.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it's upside down? He doesn't play for Belgium because he doesn't play for Liverpool. He doesn't play for Liverpool because they have better options. We don't really have better options than Origi at this point, so why not take a chance on this free transfer? It's very low risk and the worst case scenario he ends up being our supersub for the next 5 years same as he is for Liverpool.

He's not a 90 mins player because of fitness issues? If yes, then we shouldn't go for him obviously. But him being a sub is purely because Klopp thinks he has better options, I think. Plus, with 5 subs a game we can just use him for 60 minutes and then bring on Giroud every game. No issues.
Did he play today? Is he injured? Or he is not even a supersub for Liverpool anymore.

On really low wages…and we buy another striker… then I could live with that.
As said before, I’m not a scout, I have complete faith in triple M.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Did he play today? Is he injured? Or he is not even a supersub for Liverpool anymore.

On really low wages…and we buy another striker… then I could live with that.
As said before, I’m not a scout, I have complete faith in triple M.
Klopp played just 4 attackers today. Salah, Firmino, Jota and swapped Mane on later in the 2nd half.
The difference between Liverpool and us is that their players are good enough that they don't have to use up all 5 subs every match.
They can stick to using just 3 subs a match and still get the best out of them.
In this situation, it makes sense that Origi isn't the first off the bench when Mane is just sitting there, and they also have Luis Diaz as well.
Origi wasn't even on the bench today, and they had 9 players there.
Just goes to show how deep their bench is really.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Klopp played just 4 attackers today. Salah, Firmino, Jota and swapped Mane on later in the 2nd half.
The difference between Liverpool and us is that their players are good enough that they don't have to use up all 5 subs every match.
They can stick to using just 3 subs a match and still get the best out of them.
In this situation, it makes sense that Origi isn't the first off the bench when Mane is just sitting there, and they also have Luis Diaz as well.
Origi wasn't even on the bench today, and they had 9 players there.
Just goes to show how deep their bench is really.
Or how weak Origi is ?
:monto:

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Or how weak Origi is ?
:monto:
Unlike how Italy made use of the 5 sub rule, English teams have always considered that to be a temporary thing, and that leagues will revert to a 3 sub rule once COVID is over, and thus didn't want to indulge like other leagues to get use to rules that may one day go away.

If that means you only get one sub in every department, then Mane would come before not just Origi, but almost every other attacker in the Premier League.
That's definitely not a testament to Origi being weak, but just weakER than Mane.

Origi could still tear Milan a new one, so considering that, he's better than most options that Serie A have to offer.
Milan are still not there yet financially to be bringing in top talents like Mane or Salah, so a step down like Origi isn't really a bad option.

As always, trust Maldini to know how to pick and choose undervalued talents. He's done well enough with Theo, Hauge, Tomori, Alexis, Tonali, Bennacer and Kalulu hasn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule