The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
People are in for a rude awakening if they think Asensio will become Theo 2.0 because he's a Real Madrid outcast as well. Most of his highlights that currently makes him a €25m player are from 5-6 years ago, pre-ACL injury. He hasn't been the same since.

With that said, he'd be a massive upgrade on what we've currently got, but on the transfer market there's a lot more efficient players for the same price. To name one, Bergwijn.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Just to make that clear: Marco Asensio is not Suso, or Samu.

I think he is very close to Suso though. Suso, Berardi same style familly.
He does have elite shooting…yes, def a better player overall but I don’t think I want to see that playing again at Milan.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t see Asensio coming unless it’s a loan or something. The fact that his contract runs out probably makes that impossible.

Too high a risk, for me.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What’s happening between Saelemaekers and Pioli? Is it true there’s some issues there or is that all bullshit?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
People are in for a rude awakening if they think Asensio will become Theo 2.0 because he's a Real Madrid outcast as well. Most of his highlights that currently makes him a €25m player are from 5-6 years ago, pre-ACL injury. He hasn't been the same since.

With that said, he'd be a massive upgrade on what we've currently got, but on the transfer market there's a lot more efficient players for the same price. To name one, Bergwijn.
Its been that long already??? but yes fully agreed.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
meh. I don know which possition he is. He earn to much and injury prone.

He is one of these free electrons, tactical nightmares… can’t play him nowhere to fulll effect. Litterally, players to avoid If you’re playing a system where roles are well defined (like it’s often the case)

That just the tactical aspect of it. Add the financial and injuries…whoever signs him should be getting an award.

Crystal ball says He’ll do well there for 3-6 months on new move energy / motivation…we’ll see here the usual “and some idiots didn’t want Dybala here’ posts…
When things start not working, because he will impair the way the team was playing. fans of that team will start “he has useless players around him, he can’t do all by himself” lol.
Like Ronaldo at United.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
How we gonna name in Fifa 23? Fc Rossoneri?
I think nothing changes. Just the “exclusive” partnership with FIFA that ends. surely less money from them . But Freeing us to partner with other video football games makers.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Isn’t it insane that after the club has made more money, grown the brand, improved the squad, and basically achieved the target of consecutive CL campaigns, that were being credibly linked with good players and probably have some wrapped up already.

It’s almost like they’re doing what they told us to wait for. Daplan haters shaking
Wow bro great observation :eek:

And to think....ALL the clubs who have been splashing the cash can't get a decent transfer now. Absolutely nobody wants to go to Manchester, Liverpool, PSG, Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona (the "doomed" club) etc. They all want to go to Milan because of our swell management.

Oh what that? Players will still be going to clubs without #DaPlan? Well what's the difference then :conf:

To make things worse if we don't win the Scudetto... we'll have even less attractive power. Imagine that not investing in the short term could have long term consequences?
:eek: :mb: :monto:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What’s happening between Saelemaekers and Pioli? Is it true there’s some issues there or is that all bullshit?
Probably media bs.

Saelesmaeker has been haiya since he got his renewal though, rumor probably comes from that

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

lol

I don’t see Asensio coming unless it’s a loan or something. The fact that his contract runs out probably makes that impossible.

Too high a risk, for me.
I think Maldini really rates him, he's been linked to Milan pretty often in previous windows so there must be something there

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
I would like to know that too. Is it just the media inventing fake stories or is there really something behind it.
Saele has played very little lately even though Messias was not offering more and Saele was usually Pioli's first choice. It's really weird that all of a sudden he's not playing anymore, last game he even put Rebic/Leao on RW instead of using Saele as sub. That would suggest that something is going on behind the scenes, even though I hope not, we need the team united now, too much at stake.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It's great we're talking about all these new summer signings and posting formations, all the while you all are seemingly forgetting we will have Adli too. We can make some serious improvements on this squad and I trust Maldini and Massara to get it done. We can be a very strong squad come next season. We're already doing well given what we're working with.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
At the age of twenty-nine Florian Thauvin chose to leave Mexico, where he plays in the ranks of Tigres UANL. However, the player revealed that last summer he was close to transferring to Milan, which he later skipped because the conditions for the operation were not created.

Speaking to the microphones of Canal +, the same player said: “My future had to be at Milan, but they did not yet know the budget for the following season and they did not know if they would play the Champions League. They asked me for time, but when I arrived in April I didn't want to wait any longer ”.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I hate Oliver at sempremilan.com, the guy doesn't know how to write. This is an actual sentence about Brahim:

"Santos goes on to add that there is purchase option on the part of Milan and that it is a dry loan, which is contrary to what reports in Italy have suggested since the deal was done."

So is there a buy option or is it a dry loan? Which one is it you moron?
Man :lol:

Hope that guy isn't a shadow member here. Confidence crushing stuff.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
At the age of twenty-nine Florian Thauvin chose to leave Mexico, where he plays in the ranks of Tigres UANL. However, the player revealed that last summer he was close to transferring to Milan, which he later skipped because the conditions for the operation were not created.

Speaking to the microphones of Canal +, the same player said: “My future had to be at Milan, but they did not yet know the budget for the following season and they did not know if they would play the Champions League. They asked me for time, but when I arrived in April I didn't want to wait any longer ”.
His loss. Could've been a pivotal part of this glorious club's rise back to the top. No patience but look where you're at now.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

I think this is the best asensio yt video out there.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Observations:

He's played a lot of minutes in the last 365 days, around the 10th most in the squad. He's been active.

1649338486124.png
His shooting is good. People claiming that it's only youtube highlights are wrong. He's top tier in xG and shots on target %. He has this impression that he spams shots all game, but if he gets almost one in two on target, that's pretty good.

1649338744768.png

His passing, as expected is good. That's partly because he plays in Real Madrid and they are good at maintaining possession against teams that mostly let them have the ball. He is quite a bit better at it than players like Vinicius and Rodrygo, though, and his passing range is a lot better.

1649339172985.png

This is where the balloon pops. His defensive stats are terrible. I've rarely seen someone this bad. He's literally one of the worst AM/Wingers in the top 5 leagues at succesfully pressing an opponent. That doesn't sound like someone we want to have either in our RW or even at AM. Brahim and especially Yacine Adli are much better than him at this.

1649339391262.png

This is Yacine. BTW, looking at his stats from the last year, we have a fucking monster on our hands. His stats are incredible. I mean watching him in a few games you get to see that he's special, with really impressive vision and has an almost perfect weight to each pass... but the numbers are scary. He's off the charts in almost every metric we care about in his role.

1649339602513.png

Asensio is okay at carrying the ball, terrible at dribbling. Which means he's not a one-on-one player like we need. (and yes Yacine has better dribbling and carrying stats).

Looking at the numbers, Asensio really reminds me of Suso. A much better Suso, but he's the same kind of player. No thanks.

Attachments

• 1649339092240.png
    1649339092240.png
    36 KB · Views: 7

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
I would like to know that too. Is it just the media inventing fake stories or is there really something behind it.
Saele has played very little lately even though Messias was not offering more and Saele was usually Pioli's first choice. It's really weird that all of a sudden he's not playing anymore, last game he even put Rebic/Leao on RW instead of using Saele as sub. That would suggest that something is going on behind the scenes, even though I hope not, we need the team united now, too much at stake.
I remember a moment during the empoli game, where we were leading 1-0 and it was the end of the match at min 93 or something. Salad had the ball on empoli's half and Pioli was pointing for him to run witht the ball to the flag and kill time. Instead he turns and tries to cut it inside, resulting him losing the ball and giving empoli another chance to make it square. You could clearly see Pioli losing his shit and throw his arm around after that decision. The guy does his own thing and things like that might explain why he now is nothing more than a bench option and will likely remain so.

Kilpin1899

Beginner
Reaction score

Marco Asensio ● Skills Show & Goals | 2021/22

If Asensio comes to Milan he will offer us a lot on the right side. He is much better than what we have at the moment and to pay 25-30 for A 26 year old is not bad. Only issue might be his wage demands

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I remember a moment during the empoli game, where we were leading 1-0 and it was the end of the match at min 93 or something. Salad had the ball on empoli's half and Pioli was pointing for him to run witht the ball to the flag and kill time. Instead he turns and tries to cut it inside, resulting him losing the ball and giving empoli another chance to make it square. You could clearly see Pioli losing his shit and throw his arm around after that decision. The guy does his own thing and things like that might explain why he now is nothing more than a bench option and will likely remain so.
Just went back and saw it. You're right, Pioli got pissed off, but it doesn't seem as bad as you wrote. Don't think that was a single moment that changed anything, but maybe it was a pattern of him not listening to instructions.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
I hate Oliver at sempremilan.com, the guy doesn't know how to write. This is an actual sentence about Brahim:

"Santos goes on to add that there is purchase option on the part of Milan and that it is a dry loan, which is contrary to what reports in Italy have suggested since the deal was done."

So is there a buy option or is it a dry loan? Which one is it you moron?

I also HATE how he uses the word “amass” for everything. For example, he would say salad amassed 1 goal this season.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
Just went back and saw it. You're right, Pioli got pissed off, but it doesn't seem as bad as you wrote. Don't think that was a single moment that changed anything, but maybe it was a pattern of him not listening to instructions.

Yeah no indont believe that single moment changed everything. It would seem rather petty by pioli if that would be the case. But as you said, I think there's been multiple decisions similar to that in the past on top of his non threatening forward actions that has solidified his position on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.