• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Simon is a great leader and great at defending, but technically he's weaker than the rest of our backline.

Also the names you're mentioning as reinforcements are completely out of our reach and they would all demand a much too high salary.

Even if the club is sold, Investcorp won't come in as a sugardaddy. Investcorp aren't buying Milan as part of a sports washing project in order to gain soft power, they're gonna be looking for some kind of financal return on their investment, whether that means continuing down Elliott's path or an approach that's a bit more flamboyant remains to be seen, but I'm certain it won't mean we can expect players like Nunez, Lukaku or even Zaniolo to join Milan in the summer.
I dont think thats the case. But we will see aguess...

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol if were rich idgaf

Make Salah the best paid player in Italy. 10-11m net lets do it

lets buy the best in the world as we should

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Honest question. Do we think Adli is ready to start for a champions league team? Imo he looks like a nice back up atm. We need a player in front of him to carry the weight and as the season progresses Diaz looks less and less convincing.

I think theres legs to sending Brahim back to Real, as keeping him will consequently mean no new CAM name.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Lol if were rich idgaf

Make Salah the best paid player in Italy. 10-11m net lets do it

lets buy the best in the world as we should
Sure if we're rich let's do it.

But we're not rich...

We're broke...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
To be honest, we technically only need one large investment. A proper top CF, RW, and CAM along with Botman (seems done), Renato and with Adli + Pobega back? We'd have some squad. Imagine Nunez or Gabriel Jesus in this squad. A RW who can actually play football on top? Mama mia!

muppet-family-christmas-muppets.gif
One? You counted five yourself.

Fucking pingu brain.

Kilpin1899

Beginner
Reaction score
GdS: Zaniolo prefers idea of joining Milan over Juventus as Roma set asking price

Roma star Nicolo Zaniolo must soon make a decision on his future with AC Milan and Juventus knocking on the door, according to a report.

Today’s edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport (via GFNI) reports that Roma could sell Zaniolo this summer but only if they received an offer worth €50-60m for the 22-year-old. Juventus are reported to be one of the teams interested, but the Italian would prefer to join Milan.

However, the report claims that Zaniolo will hardly agitate for a move and will happily stay in the capital if Roma cannot strike a deal this summer. Meanwhile, the Giallorossi management have put all renewal talks on hold until the end of the season.

Zaniolo’s current deal expires in June 2024 and as per the report he wants €6m net per season plus bonuses in order to extend, which would see him earn the same as club captain Lorenzo Pellegrini.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even with new owners we couldn't spend like crazy, we still have to stay within FFP regulations. We have a better revenue now, but still not enough to just splash money left and right. We are only allowed to spend a certain amount, no new owner can change that. I don't want us to get suspended again by UEFA, so we better respect the rules.
There are some free players though like Mbappe who could be a great addition to our squad, but the question is the salary. We can't just give one player 20 million salary when everyone else is below 5 or 6 million. If one of those free players is happy with less money then we could pull it off, would help with revenue too.
Yeah, but we do not need to spend like crazy. When the Arabs initially bought PSG and City they were pure garbage. Teams full of nobodies. And on top of that, teams with no international reputation. It took them years and they had to spend over 1 bn before actually having a competitive squad and being known in Europe. We, on the other hand, need 4 starters and a few subs.
RW, CF, AM/CM (depending on formation) and CB. All this can be bought for 100-120 m which we can afford to spend right now. 30 m for 2 more subs are we are rolling:
4-3-3
Maignan; Kalulu, Botman, Tomori, Theo; Bennacer, Tonali, Sanches, Antony, Gouiri, Leao
Subs - Tata, Calabria, Kjaer, Krunic, Pobega, Adli, Rebic, Giroud

This team is winning the Scudetto right away and in 23/24 can challenge for the CL title.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wait. Salah is asking for like 12.75m in Italian salary math? That's it?!?!?!?!

Kilpin1899

Beginner
Reaction score

CF: Hypothesis of Milan building new stadium on their own could arise under Investcorp

Multiple sources are now claiming that AC Milan may soon have new owners, which has provoked questions regarding the new stadium project.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
GdS: Zaniolo prefers idea of joining Milan over Juventus as Roma set asking price

Roma star Nicolo Zaniolo must soon make a decision on his future with AC Milan and Juventus knocking on the door, according to a report.

Today’s edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport (via GFNI) reports that Roma could sell Zaniolo this summer but only if they received an offer worth €50-60m for the 22-year-old. Juventus are reported to be one of the teams interested, but the Italian would prefer to join Milan.

However, the report claims that Zaniolo will hardly agitate for a move and will happily stay in the capital if Roma cannot strike a deal this summer. Meanwhile, the Giallorossi management have put all renewal talks on hold until the end of the season.

Zaniolo’s current deal expires in June 2024 and as per the report he wants €6m net per season plus bonuses in order to extend, which would see him earn the same as club captain Lorenzo Pellegrini.
Pellegrini makes 6m? For what?

Kilpin1899

Beginner
Reaction score
@NicoSchira
Advanced talks between #InvestCorp fund and #Elliott Management Corp. for #ACMilan. Invest Corp would like to close #Milan's deal within the end of the season to build their project from this summer #transfers window

After Milan’s 2-0 win over Genoa last night, the executive chairman of the Bahrain-based fund Investcorp – Mohammed Al Ardhi – congratulated the team on the win via a post on his Twitter account.

“Congratulations to #ACMilan back on top of the italian league. Happy Easter to the club, it’s fans and everyone observing this occasion #SempreMilan,” he said, in what was his first tweet in English for some time.

The news exploded yesterday, with Reuters among the authoratative sources to report that Investcorp are in exclusive talks to purchase Milan as per a source close to the deal. The source said the deal to buy the Serie A club is ‘close to being completed’ which suggests that things are moving quite fast.

Bloomberg (via MilanNews) added that Investcorp are close to buying the Rossoneri for a figure of around €1bn ($1.1bn), and added that they may have the backing of a state fund who are worth over $240bn in assets.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sure if we're rich let's do it.

But we're not rich...

We're broke...
Im talking about the reuters, bloomberg and all outlets big talk?

elliott seems to be in serious talks to sell, and theres even a 12 day window to close sale allegedly

i mean, we all here knew this was gonna happen in near future but prob not this seen. lets see how it develops, but im just saying, if we become rich, absolutely go for the salah' and rudigers w/o stupid. i cant believe there would be people that would want us to operate like a RB Leipzig

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Imagine expecting 60 m for a player that already had 2 major injuries and has less goal contributions in his career than our LB in the last 3 seasons :lol:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honest question. Do we think Adli is ready to start for a champions league team? Imo he looks like a nice back up atm. We need a player in front of him to carry the weight and as the season progresses Diaz looks less and less convincing.

I think theres legs to sending Brahim back to Real, as keeping him will consequently mean no new CAM name.
Depends on how fast he adapts. He has the talent, that isn't a question. I worry he will need a Tonali year. But he's so mature, he's been his team's captain, he might adapt quicker.

I want another CAM and to send Brahim back, but Adli is a tremendous talent. It's why I like Ludovic Blas, he can play CAM and RW. But Adli is a talent.

Right now the bar is quite low. And it Renato comes, he's another viable option.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
What am I reading here... No huge cash injections needed? No blockbuster moves? Continue like today? Get the fuuuuuck out of here.

If these Arabs actually buy the club I wanna at least dry my tears with their money. Huge cash injections and blockbuster moves or vergogna.
Any cash injections would be capital in nature and not be used for the transfer market.
Keep dreaming if you want Milan to be spending over 150 to 200M in transfer fees plus wages for players, even with a big money takeover.
FFP has clamped down on that sort of crazy spending, especially for this coming summer where we are taking a look at our CURRENT books.

Unless the new ownership can make up some big-ass revenue streams for us before July 1st, 70% of approximately 300M revenue is all we get to spend on transfers plus wages (and I'm pretty sure that includes wages for existing players on our books as well).

The one advantage of buying us out this summer though, it the crazy pool of talented footballers who are running down their contracts this summer.
Save on the transfer and agent fees and pick up some big contracts for big names before adding more "revenue streams" to the club from next year onwards.

Merda fans right now are crying in their beds at their nearly bankrupt owners and their need to end another summer mercato with a 60-70M positive transfer balance.

Last edited:

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,

My biggest problem with Zaniolo is that he is selfish and has a lot cards. He is troublemeker in bad way. If he start to be proffesional player. I will welcome him, but there are better names for RW. From young Italians I would like to see only Raspadori. Chiesa, Barrella and Bastoni unreal.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What's your opinion on Colombo? Shall we give him another year on loan or sell him with resale fee?

On my side I do not see him reaching top level, mayve good serie A striker for mid table team but nothing more so I would not be against selling him actually. Better for him and us.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
One? You counted five yourself.

Fucking pingu brain.
Sorry, I meant one transfer window of large investment. Not multiple in a row. If we get it right, then yearly it would only be to replace outgoing players or upgrading a single position rather than multiple roles.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
What's your opinion on Colombo? Shall we give him another year on loan or sell him with resale fee?

On my side I do not see him reaching top level, mayve good serie A striker for mid table team but nothing more so I would not be against selling him actually. Better for him and us.
giphy.gif

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Any cash injections would be capital in nature and not be used for the transfer market.
Keep dreaming if you want Milan to be spending over 150 to 200M in transfer fees plus wages for players, even with a big money takeover.
FFP has clamped down on that sort of crazy spending, especially for this coming summer where we are taking a look at our CURRENT books.

Unless the new ownership can make up some big-ass revenue streams for us before July 1st, 70% of approximately 300M revenue is all we get to spend on transfers plus wages (and I'm pretty sure that includes wages for existing players on our books as well).

The one advantage of buying us out this summer though, it the crazy pool of talented footballers who are running down their contracts this summer.
Save on the transfer and agent fees and pick up some big contracts for big names before adding more "revenue streams" to the club from next year onwards.

Merda fans right now are crying in their beds at their nearly bankrupt owners and their need to end another summer mercato with a 60-70M positive transfer balance.
Two words: Fake sponsors

See PSG and Man City.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
No chance we sign Salah.

(this is an attempt to jinx the takeover into happening and Salah being the marquee signing)

Status
Not open for further replies.