The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Also, can we talk about how we just casually secured UCL qualification in April?

On this day a year ago, Lazio thumped us 3-0 and it looked like we had absolutely no chance of getting UCL. Not a snowball’s chance in hell. Even after the Cagliari 0-0 game, it was beyond belief.

The progress we've made since football resumed post-lockdown has been utterly insane. Step by step, we're becoming a dominant team. I think we're missing 2 or 3 pieces, but we're surely getting there. Especially with this management who can turn water into wine.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Regarding Massara, I doubt he's gone. If he was, why would they tell him now right at the climax of the season and not after? That doesn't make sense to me. Looks more as others said that he was overwhelmed. That can happen after such a comeback at an important stage.

Plus, why would he need to be replaced? He's done a mostly fantastic job alongside Maldini with the budget they've had allowed. Imagine with a purse strings loosened by a new ownership?
He probably got his salary bonus after we secured CL 😆

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Sandro Tonali! Best italian to play for Milan since Alessandro Nesta.

I've watched the rocky music video 50 times now. When he celebrates in front of the curva. One of the most beautiful and emotional things I've seen in football.

CAPITANO!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic starting to look like his old self again. His long shot with left foot yesterday is a sign of that... lately he was passing too much. We need players who take initiative. An in-form Ante is just what the doctor prescribed for a strong finish to the season.

Ibra being back is obviously helpful too. The stars are lining up boiz

Out of 5 games, Inter will surely drop points, at least 1 draw, especially with the tight schedule... 5 league games + Coppa final. We only need to win our games and I think the title is ours.

Funily enough, Suma in one of his Youtube Podcasts a couple of days ago said exactly that: We're literally missing Rebic' 10 goals per season who usually start to come in the 2nd half. We thought we had them when we were doing the mercato in january, but then things got even more complicated with his constant injuries. Suddenly missing them is far away from "no biggie" because from where are you getting those 10 additional goals all of a sudden?

Rebic is so immense for us.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I want Ibra to score the winner against Sassuolo so we win Scudetto and to drop to his knees in a Kaka-eqsue celebration.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I want Ibra to score the winner against Sassuolo so we win Scudetto and to drop to his knees in a Kaka-eqsue celebration.
While I'm pretty sure my brain and heart would explode from the stress, I wouldn't mind a last minute Aguero style win. If not, Inter proceeding to lose every single one of their matches, with ref controversy, would make me really happy.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Found this video of this guy who went to the game, here it is from the Curva when the second goal came in, amazing:

Man, Ibra's screening of the goalkeeper when Rebic was pressing... what a pro...

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I don't understand why his moment is being made fun of, am I missing something? He cares. I want everyone who works at the club to care.
He looked emotional.
But who made fun of him ?
If anything we should be happy he is as passionate.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Leonardo the sequel?

Honestly they could go that route. If their goal is to grow our brand and become one of the big boys theyll aim for marquee signings. Someone similar to Leo or Marotta can be better at handling big players where as Maldini and Massara might be rather inexperienced.

chukwuma philip

Primavera
Reaction score
Found this video of this guy who went to the game, here it is from the Curva when the second goal came in, amazing:

The guy done lost he's voice hahaha
Woohoo, the morning after
#DaPlan chorus (2X)
Stand not in ah-way
Stand not in ah-way
Get off the line
Get behind us
Or go to Yah-weh

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sandro Tonali! Best italian to play for Milan since Alessandro Nesta.

I've watched the rocky music video 50 times now. When he celebrates in front of the curva. One of the most beautiful and emotional things I've seen in football.

CAPITANO!
People keep trying to say "is he more like Pirlo? Gattuso?" And the more I watch him, he's actually the new Albertini.

I just can't wait until his long range shots start flying in a la Albertini.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao man what an enigma. Really talented player but i would like to avoid him becoming another sheltered player like Dollar was. We ignored all Dollars shortcomings and continued to grow his ego, to the point where he thought he was bigger than the club and left. Honestly i dont like how Leao has become a passenger in the defensive stage, and how he at times kills our momentum by glory seeking. Im annoyed because at one point in the season he was tracking back and passing to his teammates really well.
I'd argue the opposite. We need to figure out a way to make sure he doesn't waste his energy on defensive duties. It's great if he can do it all, but we shouldn't expect him to track back like some superhuman monster. Let him do what he does best, and build the team around making sure we can survive and react quickly if he loses the ball.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd argue the opposite. We need to figure out a way to make sure he doesn't waste his energy on defensive duties. It's great if he can do it all, but we shouldn't expect him to track back like some superhuman monster. Let him do what he does best, and build the team around making sure we can survive and react quickly if he loses the ball.
I want Leao to increase his stamina so he can attack more, better, with more efficiency. This is something he has to work on if he's going to become elite and truly world-class.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Honestly they could go that route. If their goal is to grow our brand and become one of the big boys theyll aim for marquee signings. Someone similar to Leo or Marotta can be better at handling big players where as Maldini and Massara might be rather inexperienced.
Marotta and Leonardo???Bad example considering they both won zero CL lulz...

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

You know what, that sort of reminds me of a certain Spaniard. Monstrous left foot. Nice kid, loved dogs.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Marotta and Leonardo???Bad example considering they both won zero CL lulz...

I mean i didnt mention CL lmao, they did however make PSG and Juve huge brands in their respective leagues by moving big players through their clubs. This might be a path new ownership takes, thats all im saying.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
PSG is my most hated club ( even ahead of the EPL clubs, Juve & Inter ) and I am absolutely happy that Leonardo is their SD.. anyone who was a bit competent would have won them the CL.. in terms of incompetency in squad building, only Ed Woodward (Woodward can atleast redeem himself with all the big money sponsorships he had got for United) can match him. Even Mirabelli is better in my opinion.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marotta on the other hand is good.. i admit.. but will still stick to MMM if it were my choice

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior Messias scoring the Scudetto clinching goal.. that will be a story worth an Amazon Prime documentary

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Yes, I memba. That was the time in november/december where we gifted goals left and right to all our opponents in some quite incredible ways. I almost forgot about that but now memories start kicking in back :D.
Don't forget our Defensive setup that match was Kjaer, Gabbia, Tata. This was the near peak of our injury crisis in defense.

I have a lot more confidence that Tomori Kalulu and Mike would be able to contain their attack.

Not to mention, we're playing at home. Fiores away form this season reads 6W-3D-8L. 3 of those Ws coming in the first 2 months of the season.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Careful

Might rip a tendon doing that
giphy.gif

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Leao is nothing like that... player.

Idk why youre mad. If anything that… player was outscoring Leao at the same age in a far worse team.

Leao is still a prospect promising player and he has to put in work like the rest of the team. He shouldn’t get special treatment . Pressing is not existing when he’s on.

Status
Not open for further replies.