The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Website crashed and then they left us in the queue for an hour when all the tickets were sold out in minutes :fpIbra:

Don't have the money for the reseller tickets so looks like it will be a bar in Milan for us

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know why they have Inter scheduled to play tonight and Milan on Sunday. At this point they should be playing on the same day. Maybe even the same time to avoid shenanigans knowing Serie A.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Both guys are highly egotistical.

CR7 is more mobile that Zlatan was even at his peak.
It all boils down to the role.
Do we want a #9? Then get CR7 and he'll be better than Zlatan at #9

Do we want him for more than that? Then we should look elsewhere.
I can't and won't deny that Zlatan has been a great MENTOR on this squad.
He has made his team mates better for sure. Who's to say that CR7 can't do this too?
He's not going to put up with shit crosses from Saele/Messias for sure.
We need him for pure #9 duties. CR7 could score 25 league goals no doubt in our setup.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I am completely against signing CR7 at his United/Juve wages but if he, out of a lack of options, agree to something like 8-9 m net a year, i think he is worth a shot.. he is more of a guarantee to deliver 15-20 goals in Serie A than Scamacca, Origi etc.
He’s guaranteed to halt the development of a project that so far has exceeded everyone’s expectations.

Look at what he did to Ladri. He took them from being CL contenders to barely making 4th spot.
One can only wonder where they’d be now had they never signed Cristiano.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't know why they have Inter scheduled to play tonight and Milan on Sunday. At this point they should be playing on the same day. Maybe even the same time to avoid shenanigans knowing Serie A.
They have coppa final on wednesday

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Any idea where to look for resellers? Or just to try my luck and walk around SS on matchday ?
Definitely not walk around. The reseller needs to change the name on the ticket to your name, they check that at the entrance. No idea which platforms allow this to happen, I tried viagogo before and it worked fine.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

CorSera - Milan sale, RedBird overtakes Investcorp: the reasons. But no signing until the end of the championship​

Corriere della Sera, with an interesting article by Arianna Ravelli, tries to take stock of the sale of Milan between the requests of the Elliott fund, the timing and offers of the Investcorp and RedBird funds.

Yesterday came from England, precisely from Sky UK, the news of the American fund RedBird in negotiations with the Elliott fund for the purchase of Milan, news then confirmed by very reliable sources such as the Financial Times and Reuters.

Today there are news from Corriere della Sera: according to the Italian newspaper, the American fund RedBrid, already highly specialized in the world of sport, has overtaken Investcorp to buy Milan. The reasons are different, but all very convincing in Elliott's eyes: the economic offer will certainly be fundamental (the US fund should offer around 1 billion, that of Bahrain about 1.18), but the nature and experience in this field by RedBird tip the scales in their favor. The common American origin - reads the Corriere - can facilitate dialogue between the parties, while as regards the solidity there is no doubt: at the moment RedBird manages 6 billion dollars which should quickly reach 11. They could therefore complete the operation for the takeover of the club without problems. On the other hand, it would seem that the structure designed by Investcorp to complete the purchase has not fully satisfied Elliott: the use of debt, which is however perfectly normal for operations of this caliber and complexity, and to see how much AC Milan will be responsible for and as for the Bahraini will be an important step for the eventual success of the operation. In fact, the period of exclusivity with Investcorp has expired and has not been renewed: Elliott does not make a speech due solely to the "love" towards his jewel after having restored the finances of the Rossoneri club, but also a question of financial reputation. The Singer family fund wants to leave Milan in the best hands for the future, Corriere says.

Finally, there is one of the points in favor of RedBird, probably the most important, that is the specialization of the US fund in the world of sports: in the last twenty years it has created more than 20 billion dollars of value in its sports properties, investing in more of 20 activities related to the world of sport in the last 5 years. The business started in Toulouse, a French club, is profitable and sustainable, based on a patented data analysis model.
Elliott therefore considers RedBird as the right owner to make Milan pass from a simple football club to a "media company", with all that this entails in terms of commercial agreements, social image and development of the "entertainment" part. For these reasons, concludes the Corriere, RedBird's offer, even with a slightly lower business value, could be preferred to Investcorp's.

In any case, it is still premature to give definitive judgments: before the end of the championship there will be no news, with Elliott not reaching the signing phase with any of the parties involved. On the other hand, one can unbalance the sale of the club - Corriere della Sera speaks of a percentage of 80% - and if this happens today RedBird has an advantage over Investcorp.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
O
Inter play the coppa final in a few days, they’re playing today to give them time to rest.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
He’s guaranteed to halt the development of a project that so far has exceeded everyone’s expectations.

Look at what he did to Ladri. He took them from being CL contenders to barely making 4th spot.
One can only wonder where they’d be now had they never signed Cristiano.
Wut? How is that CR7's fault
They STILL needed to replace him after he left and got Vlahovic.
Having a poor midfield and a fuckin n00b like P!rl0 was the cause of their downfall. Even Juve fans said he was too good for their shit team

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Can't wait to see what this dude can do in our team with more regular play time.

Highlights all the way back from season 2018/19 :lol:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Aubameyang in Milan in a 2 year deal would be superb.

But nit gonna hapoen. Lets wait and see IF Maldini will have some money to work with...

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it's to give them some resting time before the Copa Italia finale against Juve. Juve too is playing today.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score

CorSera - Milan sale, RedBird overtakes Investcorp: the reasons. But no signing until the end of the championship​

Corriere della Sera, with an interesting article by Arianna Ravelli, tries to take stock of the sale of Milan between the requests of the Elliott fund, the timing and offers of the Investcorp and RedBird funds.

Yesterday came from England, precisely from Sky UK, the news of the American fund RedBird in negotiations with the Elliott fund for the purchase of Milan, news then confirmed by very reliable sources such as the Financial Times and Reuters.

Today there are news from Corriere della Sera: according to the Italian newspaper, the American fund RedBrid, already highly specialized in the world of sport, has overtaken Investcorp to buy Milan. The reasons are different, but all very convincing in Elliott's eyes: the economic offer will certainly be fundamental (the US fund should offer around 1 billion, that of Bahrain about 1.18), but the nature and experience in this field by RedBird tip the scales in their favor. The common American origin - reads the Corriere - can facilitate dialogue between the parties, while as regards the solidity there is no doubt: at the moment RedBird manages 6 billion dollars which should quickly reach 11. They could therefore complete the operation for the takeover of the club without problems. On the other hand, it would seem that the structure designed by Investcorp to complete the purchase has not fully satisfied Elliott: the use of debt, which is however perfectly normal for operations of this caliber and complexity, and to see how much AC Milan will be responsible for and as for the Bahraini will be an important step for the eventual success of the operation. In fact, the period of exclusivity with Investcorp has expired and has not been renewed: Elliott does not make a speech due solely to the "love" towards his jewel after having restored the finances of the Rossoneri club, but also a question of financial reputation. The Singer family fund wants to leave Milan in the best hands for the future, Corriere says.

Finally, there is one of the points in favor of RedBird, probably the most important, that is the specialization of the US fund in the world of sports: in the last twenty years it has created more than 20 billion dollars of value in its sports properties, investing in more of 20 activities related to the world of sport in the last 5 years. The business started in Toulouse, a French club, is profitable and sustainable, based on a patented data analysis model.
Elliott therefore considers RedBird as the right owner to make Milan pass from a simple football club to a "media company", with all that this entails in terms of commercial agreements, social image and development of the "entertainment" part. For these reasons, concludes the Corriere, RedBird's offer, even with a slightly lower business value, could be preferred to Investcorp's.

In any case, it is still premature to give definitive judgments: before the end of the championship there will be no news, with Elliott not reaching the signing phase with any of the parties involved. On the other hand, one can unbalance the sale of the club - Corriere della Sera speaks of a percentage of 80% - and if this happens today RedBird has an advantage over Investcorp.
Looks like RedBird would continue along the path Elliott started. Which begs the questions as to why Elliott is selling in the first place.

I’d personally prefer Investocorp, as fans I think there’s more to be excited about there. Even though it’s not a sovereign wealth fund, I still think the chances of an exciting transfer market increases with them.

The last 2 years have been great but I’m getting a bit impatient, I want some gold letter signings to accelerate our inevitable rise to the top.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it's to give them some resting time before the Copa Italia finale against Juve. Juve too is playing today.
I didn't know the Coppa Italia final was next week. It be nice if there was a surprise but I'm expecting Inter to win out the rest of the way. Milan will need at least 2 wins and a draw to finish the season. I'll be watching Monza tonight though. I want to see Silvio and Galliani back in Serie A lol.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like RedBird would continue along the path Elliott started. Which begs the questions as to why Elliott is selling in the first place.

I’d personally prefer Investocorp, as fans I think there’s more to be excited about there. Even though it’s not a sovereign wealth fund, I still think the chances of an exciting transfer market increases with them.

The last 2 years have been great but I’m getting a bit impatient, I want some gold letter signings to accelerate our inevitable rise to the top.
At this point nothing is going to come out regarding the sale until after the season. It'll just be daily gossip until then.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I didn't know the Coppa Italia final was next week. It be nice if there was a surprise but I'm expecting Inter to win out the rest of the way. Milan will need at least 2 wins and a draw to finish the season. I'll be watching Monza tonight though. I want to see Silvio and Galliani back in Serie A lol.
Six points confirmed for next season?

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
IMPORTANT I Red Bird, an American fund already highly specialized in the world of sports, has overtaken Investcorp to buy Milan. It seems that the structure designed by Investcorp to complete the purchase did not appeal to Elliott at all. [Corriere della Sera]

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Don't they own a stake in Liverpool? If they want to buy Milan don't they have to sell their stake in Liverpool?
im not sure, they only own like 10% of Liverpool or something. They are a majority owner of Toulouse tho who just got promoted to Ligue 1. They own a bunch of teams in USA as well (Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Red Sox etc)

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
RedBird just means that the Elliott project will be continued. All the fantasy talk about SMS, Nkunku or Nunez can end right here. If i had a guess they also will just continue the Inter shared stadium project rather than go big and build an own one.

Personally i would prefer Elliott to stay under these circumstances, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule