The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I think at least two of mahrez/sterling/jesus/grealish are gone this summer, my bet is the latter two + possibly sterling
no chance Grealish leaves after what they paid for him
unless some other english team offers near that amount

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
no chance Grealish leaves after what they paid for him
unless some other english team offers near that amount
But Pep said he doesnt have a proper role for him in his starting 11, he's been really really poor and do they really care about money? Surely someone like United would come knocking and they can sell him off for 80mil or so..
He wont be getting first 11 minutes under Pep anytime soon so is it worth having a 100mil supersub?

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
grealish is garbage. berardi is better!! and like 70m cheaper :g:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gabriel Jesus is better as a RW than he is at ST. At least in City's system.

I also want to echo what @Kmoney said about how big a difference Krunic made over Diaz. Diaz being a horrific passer means that every defender just crowds him because he doesn't have the speed to get away after his trick, and they just shove him over. If he could pass just competently he would become a far more dangerous player because thr defender would be caught between pressing him and covering the passing lane.

Krunic is strong and physical, and I feel for him because I think he would actually look much better in a 3 man midfield.

The massive difference that Krunic has made, alone, in combination with a competent Salad performance, created the space for Leao to be isolated and so destructive to Verona.

It also leads me to think, even if Adli has his "Tonali adjustment year" next year, the quality he has, as a passer alone, would raise this team's danger level. If Renato is indeed coming, then a backup CAM would probably be unnecessary.

Which is why I really think our funds really should be focused on RW talent.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
As much as I like them, they are not strong enough in the air. If we play Salernitana 10 times per season, Djuric will win 100+ aerials against them. We need a big and strong CB (Botman) to handle such CFs. And Pioli will have the chance to rotate them based on the opponent. If we are up against fast and small strikers (Lautaro, Raspadori) he will select Tomori-Kalulu, if we are up against big strikers (Djuric, Scamacca) we would need Tomori-Botman. Kjaer as an emergency option is also great.

Yeah i think if you looked at the first part of the game yesterday, when we were pushing bodies up that defensive line got exposed. During the goal, my thought was with Kjaer we rarely concede this. First that defensive line lacks height, from Calabria to Theo theres not enough arial presence. Second, during Veronas goal it felt so obvious to play an offside trap. Calabria Kalulu were high up and only Tomori played them onside. This shows to me a lack of experience or rather a lack of leadership in that defense.

And in my opinion if we want to play attacking football, where we constantly push players up, we need a defensive partnership with experience that wont mind being exposed. Theres also the long passing that both of them lack at this point in their game. The more logical solution is for the pairings to be a Kjaer/Botman with a Tomori/Kalulu.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
G. Jesus is a perfect player for us. Someone needs to make this happen.

We play fluidly when we have more technical cf. Giroud will still add his part, so will Origi. Jesus can also play on the right if a tall cf is needed.

Give us Sanchez, J. Felix and Jesus and Milan will win lo scudetto by +10 pts.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Serie A refs this season are shocking. I'd be livid if that penalty was called against Milan.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
But Pep said he doesnt have a proper role for him in his starting 11, he's been really really poor and do they really care about money? Surely someone like United would come knocking and they can sell him off for 80mil or so..
He wont be getting first 11 minutes under Pep anytime soon so is it worth having a 100mil supersub?
He's started and played all 90 minutes of their past 3 league games. No chance he's leaving this summer.
Yeah i think if you looked at the first part of the game yesterday, when we were pushing bodies up that defensive line got exposed. During the goal, my thought was with Kjaer we rarely concede this. First that defensive line lacks height, from Calabria to Theo theres not enough arial presence. Second, during Veronas goal it felt so obvious to play an offside trap. Calabria Kalulu were high up and only Tomori played them onside. This shows to me a lack of experience or rather a lack of leadership in that defense.

And in my opinion if we want to play attacking football, where we constantly push players up, we need a defensive partnership with experience that wont mind being exposed. Theres also the long passing that both of them lack at this point in their game. The more logical solution is for the pairings to be a Kjaer/Botman with a Tomori/Kalulu.
Botman is 22 years old, and probably not as experienced as some make him out to be.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Haaland to City with Alvarez too means Jesus has even less space, good opportunity. I hope we can put the work in for him and not let him go to fucking arsenal or something.

Side note as I don’t think we’ll be in for him but that also means Foden is even more likely to dip into mahrez’s minutes. Id guess one of sterling or Mahrez could leave this summer.
I am hopeful about Jesus signing because so far there have not been any reports :D
But I suspect we are in contact with City for some players because they did report us being interested in Mahrez and Sterling , but those two given the age and salary doesn't seem like MMM profiles.. Jesus is young, versatile and has a decent salary..
Only reported suitors for Jesus are Arsenal and Juventus.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Calabria is getting a disproportionate amount of blame for Verona's goal. I think Kalulu was out-of-position, while Calabria was playing too narrow (that's his fault) but I also think that Tomori and Theo got their marking all wrong, why wasn't someone on that backpost? You could even ask why Maignan didn't come out for the ball? Calabria looks slower this year than last year, though, he looks like he's injured when he's running. He was never fast (which is what I think will hold him back from being an elite European player rather than just an elite RB in Serie A), but he doesn't look comfortable. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that he's had some injury this year that he's been playing through.

That goal was a mistake, yes, but it's weird to me that whenever a player makes a mistake, we have to sell them and move on. We are going to concede goals. Hopefully not for the rest of the season, but, I promise you, this team, even if it reaches its zenith, will concede goals. All teams do.

Also, when you make attacking passes, you're going to miss, you have to take risks, and our tactic of using the long ball (which Liverpool do, a lot) to negate and/or scare a team that wants to combine a press with counter attacks, not saying our passing is perfect, but I think we are a little unfair with some players sometimes.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Seeing how Suso's career is going, selling him for 23 million has to be 2nd best transfer decision Maldini executed after Maignan signing

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Wonder why this pagliuca guy consider Milan instead of bidding 4-5b for Chelsea and buying stake in Atalanta at the end of their cycle

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Waiting for Malinovsky rumours before Atalanta game and Berardi-Scamacca double deal reports before the last game.
Dybala to Inter rumours ahead of the Coppa too.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
De Vrij is 30, has 1 year left of contract and is having a horrific season. They would be lucky to get more than 20 m for him.
Exactly, that makes my case even more.
There's no way they can sell just De Vrij and suddenly solve their money problems.
Heck they'll even have to replace a bunch of bench and fringe players.
I think the market will show that they may need to sell at least 3 starters, and not for the money that they want to receive.

ESPECIALLY if they aren't Scudetto winners. Nobody will pay that much for a player who didn't win the league.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Serie A refs this season are shocking. I'd be livid if that penalty was called against Milan.
A good message for those who think there is a conspiracy.

Also look at the certain goal for Ikone that got called back hastily even though there was no foul. If the move had been allowed to finish and Ikone scored no chance VAR overturns it

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think a lot of American hedge fund guys are betting that the American market will have a huge appetite for European football, betting that more Americans will turn away from baseball and football (particularly in larger cities as less people play football, despite its popularity) and they want to push that product.

American hedge fund guys have gotten into French football, and they've... been, in general, pretty terrible.

Best case scenario is that they fund the return of Italian football just as Italian industrialists pumping money into clubs in the 80's and 90's made Italy the dominant force in club football from the 80's to late 2000's--because Serie A clearly has much greater appeal than Ligue 1, while you could also bank on the base of Italian-Americans mixed with marketing Italy as the choice of a more urbane sophisticate.

If you wanted to be pessimistic, then all this American money might simply be to chase a gold rush a la crypto. Milan can grow, and unless/until we build ourselves up into a Bayern/Juve level club (infrastructure and sponsorship-wise), Serie A being strong is in our incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule