Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1652436391890.png

This is Origi during his 7 year spell at Liverpool. These are really, really good numbers for a CF. We all know the circumstances, that he's on when they need a goal, and are usually playing crazy attacking and so on. But he's still doing the job and that's what we need. He can score and he can assist and he runs and can dribble and can head and press. So what's not to like? That he's been on the bench a lot? Who gives a shit if he can do the job we need him to do?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
This isn't true. I'd argue (and I think most people will agree) that RW is most in need of an upgrade. An upgrade at CF that would make a big difference will probably cost us 60m+. That doesn't sounds realistic for us this summer with all the pending deals. The opportunity we have with Origi (and/or Belotti) is to get a competent CF and spend what we can spend on Botman, Renato and a RW.

Next year, when all we need is to upgrade the CF and replace Giroud, we can spend.
Correct...Origi has 51g/20a in 9,726 mins @ CF aka a g/a every 137 mins whereas Belotti has 104g/25a in 19,352 mins in Serie A aka a g/a every 150 mins. In other words, both guys contribute towards a goal roughly every 1.5 games. Therefore, as long as we fix the supply channels (AM/RW) the goals will come.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1652436528369.png

Belotti in 7 seasons with Torino. Similar numbers, but playing at a much less offensive team. These are really good CFs and they're available for free. They'll play a lot next season, then get demoted to squad status when we do finally get that superstar CF. I honestly don't see what the negative side to these moves are.

If we can spend 60m+ on a superstar CF (who?) and also spend a lot on upgrading the RW, and also get Botman, Renato and whoever else we need at LB backup, etc... That would be perfect! But we don't live in that world and we need to make compromises, and delaying the CF decision seems like the best option because of the opportunity we have with Origi and Belotti.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The "how i became a fan" posts need to be collected into the thread (i couldnt find).

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
View attachment 4174

This is Origi during his 7 year spell at Liverpool. These are really, really good numbers for a CF. We all know the circumstances, that he's on when they need a goal, and are usually playing crazy attacking and so on. But he's still doing the job and that's what we need. He can score and he can assist and he runs and can dribble and can head and press. So what's not to like? That he's been on the bench a lot? Who gives a shit if he can do the job we need him to do?
Origi's quality as a player is not up for debate...his career stats and Klopp's recent praise are testament to that.

However, what IS concerning is the fact that he's barely played 500 mins of football in each of the past two seasons so I don't know how match ready he'll be i.e. when Hakan first joined.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Origi's quality as a player is not up for debate...his career stats and Klopp's recent praise are testament to that.

However, what IS concerning is the fact that he's barely played 500 mins of football in each of the past two seasons so I don't know how match ready he'll be i.e. when Hakan first joined.
Hakan wasn't training, as far as I remember. I think he was training on his own for months. Origi is still training every day with the squad. I really think you're overemphasizing the impact of 'sitting on the bench'. If he was injured, sure, but he's just not being picked.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Fucking Investcorp, get off your camels and finalize this take over. I don't want RedBird moneyball.
Is there a non-Arab oil consortium you can put together that can throw unlimited money at Milan? :D

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
I want to say it's easier to score when you have Salah behind you. Origi as supersub is welcome but we need TOP ST.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Hakan wasn't training, as far as I remember. I think he was training on his own for months. Origi is still training every day with the squad. I really think you're overemphasizing the impact of 'sitting on the bench'. If he was injured, sure, but he's just not being picked.
No I don't care about the bench...he plays for a top club (CL finalists) who have a number of top players ahead of him i.e. Mane, Salah + Firmino so riding the bench is understandable. However, I'm talking from a fitness perspective as going from playing just 500 mins two seasons in a row to 2,400 mins like Giroud is a huge step up. Anyway, it's just a minor concern and he's a professional so should be able to adapt eventually.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
ST is the most dependant position in football.
Read it again , ST is the most dependant position in football.
A shitty ST is the most dependent maybe. A great ST can open up an attack and make it fluid, make the players around him better.

Look at Giroud for example, he doesn't make anyone better, he is just good the moment he scores a goal. Hold up play, passing, running, pressing - he got none of that. Giroud scored 9 goals in the league this year, Messias 5 and he's not even a starter the way Giroud's been. But Messias adds more to our game than Giroud. So when you say that Giroud is much better than Messias and Salad combined I don't really understand what you're talking about.

FrE4k

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
We're being linked to Nicolas Pepe for RW again...he's been riding the bench mostly this season but had two good seasons @ Arsenal before that (scored 10 league goals last year). Apparently he's available for 30m as his contract expires in 2024. I have a feeling that this is exactly the type of market opportunity that gets MMM rock hard although signing a player coming off a bad season is hit and miss i.e. Tomori/Kjaer vs Bakayoko/BT.

Personally, I think he's third choice on MMM's list after Berardi (Serie A proven) but both should be available for 10m loan + option/obligation deals.

I have some strange feeling that Pepe could "explode" in Milan even though he a failure in Arsenal until now big big flop, but we should take that with a big dose of reserve because of his small to none playing time and Saka cementing his place on the right wing there...

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
1652437901636.png

Awful ladri jersey for next season

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

:star:

Apparently he has a release clause of 60m which is what Nkunku would cost given that his contract expires in 2024. Olmo's contract also expires then but he would probably be available for much cheaper (40m).

Damn it would be such a big dick move if Paolo signed any one of them and FUCK Leipzig for hoarding 3 exceptionally talented players that we badly need :lol:

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Correct...Origi has 51g/20a in 9,726 mins @ CF aka a g/a every 137 mins whereas Belotti has 104g/25a in 19,352 mins in Serie A aka a g/a every 150 mins. In other words, both guys contribute towards a goal roughly every 1.5 games. Therefore, as long as we fix the supply channels (AM/RW) the goals will come.
Belotti's numbers are much more impressive. But I'll try to be positive and hope Origi delivers next year.
At a weaker side, his data is from a lot more minutes, which is harder to achieve. Would Origi maintain that average at the minutes played by Belotti.
Origi's minutes will be against the weakest sides that Liverpool have to face. Never against the hardest teams and more often than not, not when the score is 0-0 (hardest time to score)

FrE4k

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
:star:

Apparently he has a release clause of 60m which is what Nkunku would cost given that his contract expires in 2024. Olmo's contract also expires then but he would probably be available for much cheaper (40m).

Damn it would be such a big dick move if Paolo signed any one of them and FUCK Leipzig for hoarding 3 exceptionally talented players that we badly need :lol:
Olmo is destined for Barca...he'll go there eventually after Leipzig...

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Another day, another day.

Please tell us about your favourite Milan game, and why it was so special to you.
Nesta scoring a late brace of headers in the final ten minutes away to Chievo, to win 2-1 in October 2009, was very special to me. It was also the first Milan match I watched after bringing home my Golden Retriever puppy. I remember her looking up at me confused after going nuts celebrating during both goals. She's 12 now and my vet told me this may be her final year, so it makes that match even more sentimental.

I also recall my two brothers were watching a different match in another room and hearing them turn over after hearing me shouting and the words "Nesta scored, no one wonder he went apeshit." Following the second one I hear "Nesta AGAIN"

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I have some strange feeling that Pepe could "explode" in Milan even though he a failure in Arsenal until now big big flop, but we should take that with a big dose of reserve because of his small to none playing time and Saka cementing his place on the right wing there...
He's a big flop relative to his price tag (80m), however, he's hasn't actually done TOO badly prior to this season (EPL 20/21: 10g/1a, 19/20: 5g/6a). However, I also have a feeling he could explode although I'm not too sure about his work rate or the defensive side of his game where somebody like Berardi is much stronger. Anyway, I think he's 3rd on MMM's list behind Berardi and hopefully an ace like Mahrez/Correa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule