Week 37: Milan vs Atalanta 15/05/2022 18:00 CET

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The anticipation I’m feeling for this game is similar to what I felt before CL finals.
For me its roma 2004 and giuve 2006(?). Daily games at San Siro.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
@AntonioVitiello: "Sources gathered from colleagues in Bergamo claim that Gasperini is preparing this match like a final. He feels a strong rivalry with Milan, and likewise Milan fans don't have any particular sympathy for him. Atalanta are training with closed doors, and Gasperini won't partecipate in tomorrow's pre-game press conference".

What a fucker! I've always hated him, this only makes it worse. He's made it his life mission to make us lose the scudetto.
he is an idiot, they lost points left and right and now he is acting like this is the final, i hope we trash them 0 - 5 like they did to us when we first started our comeback, it will insure our comeback and hopefully the downfall of Atlanta and Gaspperini.

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
Playing for a draw is not smart here. I wouldn’t go the level of all out attack we saw against Hellas and Fiore, but we need to play the last two matches to win.

Don’t overcomplicate it. We play well vs more open sides, if we play our game well we will win.
Disagree. Draw keeps us in the game. A loss means we're out. We need to secure our back first and foremost. They need the win more than we do, and they will have to come at us and we should be smart and use that to our advantage. Let them open up space for us, and unleash Leao on them.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Disagree. Draw keeps us in the game. A loss means we're out. We need to secure our back first and foremost. They need the win more than we do, and they will have to come at us and we should be smart and use that to our advantage. Let them open up space for us, and unleash Leao on them.
they have good offense and weak defense(especially with injuries), playing for a draw means we are playing on their strengths, not to mention if you draw here you need a win in Sass which is hard, i'd say play for the win, and only for a draw if there is 5 minutes till the end and the team is exhausted.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yea let them open up and hit them on counter. Their defense s joke. Every time i watched them oponents were puting balls behind their defense like theres no one there. I dont think they can stop us from scoring for 90 minutes. Only question s our defense.

Our defense needs to be focused like in previous games.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
We win and Inter default at Cagliari. Both games should be played at the same time. Somewhat dampens what should be a carnival atmosphere at SS tomorrow.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We win and Inter default at Cagliari. Both games should be played at the same time. Somewhat dampens what should be a carnival atmosphere at SS tomorrow.
It's really weird that we're not playing at the same time. It's a match point for us. We should be playing at the same time.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
It's really weird that we're not playing at the same time. It's a match point for us. We should be playing at the same time.

It's fucked up! They can't use the Coppa final as an excuse to delay. The KO's are a mere 2hrs apart.

The Milan fans are travelling from far and wide to attend this all-important fixture(potentially historic)

sheva-pippo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wasn't there some news about the timing of the Inter's match getting changed or something?

As mentioned earlier, it could be a historic day for Milan fans, and so many fans are travelling from outside of Italy as well, so they should have made sure that both Milan and Inter play at the same time, so that we can celebrate at San Siro, when we win the Scudetto.

Sent from my moto g(40) fusion using Tapatalk

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
they have good offense and weak defense(especially with injuries), playing for a draw means we are playing on their strengths, not to mention if you draw here you need a win in Sass which is hard, i'd say play for the win, and only for a draw if there is 5 minutes till the end and the team is exhausted.
Exactly, they have good offence, so we need to make sure we close them down. And their defence is poor, so we can still get a goal even if we dont go gung ho from the start. Their defensive strength comes only from numbers, individually Leao can eat them alive, that's why we need to draw them out from their trenches and open up space. And we always struggle playing against teams that sit back. We dont want to allow them to do that and play counter with their tricky attackers. That would be playing to their strenghts. We need to be patinent and make sure they don't take the lead in this game, because then we are potentially out of scudetto and pressure will start mounting. Stay in control.

We always play to win. I think it's a mistake going in looking for a draw.

Looking at both remaining games we need two cleen sheets and a single goal. Im not saying to change our mentality copletely, but just take extra care that we don't conceede and be patient with our opportunities. My point is - no need to put everything on the line and chase that victory at all cost in the first game. Draw keeps us in the game. Loss is unacceptable.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Exactly, they have good offence, so we need to make sure we close them down. And their defence is poor, so we can still get a goal even if we dont go gung ho from the start. Their defensive strength comes only from numbers, individually Leao can eat them alive, that's why we need to draw them out from their trenches and open up space. And we always struggle playing against teams that sit back. We dont want to allow them to do that and play counter with their tricky attackers. That would be playing to their strenghts. We need to be patinent and make sure they don't take the lead in this game, because then we are potentially out of scudetto and pressure will start mounting. Stay in control.

Looking at both remaining games we need two cleen sheets and a single goal. Im not saying to change our mentality copletely, but just take extra care that we don't conceede and be patient with our opportunities. My point is - no need to put everything on the line and chase that victory at all cost in the first game. Draw keeps us in the game. Loss is unacceptable.
This is where overthinking comes from bro.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Wasn't there some news about the timing of the Inter's match getting changed or something?

As mentioned earlier, it could be a historic day for Milan fans, and so many fans are travelling from outside of Italy as well, so they should have made sure that both Milan and Inter play at the same time, so that we can celebrate at San Siro, when we win the Scudetto.

Sent from my moto g(40) fusion using Tapatalk
There was a rumour that the match-times would swap, so we'd be on later, but that seems to have disappeared.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I d start mesias. Zero confidence in salad. I hope at least he ll press their asses up. In second half unleash rebic, mesias.....
Saele had a great game last weekend IMO. He would do well to repeat that.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Anyway, 3 points please and then Cagliari get a result against Inter. I don't know if I can take it if Scudetto goes down to the final match...

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
My point is - no need to put everything on the line and chase that victory at all cost in the first game. Draw keeps us in the game. Loss is unacceptable.
Our team is poor when they try to play keep -ball.. how many times have we seen this team try to control the game after taking the 1-0 lead and then suck at controlling the game and then concede for a draw.. that mentality has changed since Lazio game.. or since Rebic returned.. we keep pressing and try to score more.. this team will mature and learn to shut shop in the future but right now, attacking is our best defence

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Kessie Tonali and Krunic formed a nice midfield last game. I hope thats what pioli goes for.

As long as we’re playing good football like last game im very hopeful. Having Rebic and Zlatan on the bench gives us an extra edge.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
My heart is serene. I felt confident at the way we played Verona, it was the right performance at the right time.

I think we should win this and I trust that the players will have the right focus.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
InshAllah, inshAllah good things will happen late afteroon, early evening... then inshAllah, inshAllah more excellent news will arrive later on in the evening.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Shitting ungodly amount of bricks

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have a good chance of getting a good result regardless of who gets to start in the front 4 but I feel that the safest, best way is to pick a team that's prepared for counter-attacks, a fast-paced, intense game where both teams will look to create numerical superiority. So basically the same as the last H2H game, where Atalanta were being annihilated until the ref and Messias gave them two consolation goals in the final minutes.

Rebic, because our older, taller strikers can't sprint or press like him. Giroud isn't as static as Ibra, but he seems unable to make more than one touch.
Rebic will be missed as impact sub, however I think Diaz can cover for him in that role.

Saele, because he's better drilled into Pioli-ball, has more chemistry with the rest and is more "horizontal" than Messias, who's a better finisher but otherwise pretty harmful to our attack.

Tonali, because of his workrate but also because he's turning into the goalscoring midfielder that we've lacked for years. Scored in the last game(Verona), but also in the last game against Atalanta.

Kessie, because Bennacer can't compete with him not only in terms of physical strength and reach but also mobility/ability to cover a lot of ground. I don't think Bennacer-Tonali is a good match, particularly against a side as physical and intense as Atalanta. That duo was one of the main reasons we looked so lethargic and weak in the Porto games. It sucks to still be dependent on Kessie when he's bound to leave and probably flop for Barca, but I don't think we can afford to bench him for this one.

Krunic because he's Rade motherfucking Krunic. Also, I think we need Brahim Krkic as supersub if Rebic is starting.

Rebic
Leao - Krunic - Saele
Kessie - Tonali
Theo - Tomori - Kalulu - Calabria
Maignan​