Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Amen, also him being a RB is only based on youth football, that players change position between youth and pro football is super common. His game at RB has more holes than at CB.
Exactly.

And this is what we've seen from Kalulu this season. He's an CB, HIGH LEVEL POCKETING QUALITY STRIKERS CB.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Nooooo! Just no!

Why would one change position of one of the best players? It's like bringing in a new LW and moving Leao to RW or something like that.

Botman will and should ride the bench as long as Tomori Kalulu are playing like this. Would be absolute vergogna to move Kalulu to RB.
Tell that to Maldini, they re obviously stuck on Botman for some reason. I guess they know better than us, fans. Hes not paying 30M for bench player. We need more quality players for rotation. Bad form, injuries happen.

And Kalulu showed he can play on rb, great crossing, good speed, reading, im certain he ll be better than Calabria. He needs some playing time there to get used to it. If needed he can play at cb. I respect Calabria for his time in banter era, and can be usefull in seria a, but in CL we ll get nowhere with him at rb. He had bad game yesterday, he had bunch of problems against verona. Can u imagine him against Mbappe, vinicius... at rb? I can and its not pretty. Aside his physical limitations, he seems to lack mental toughness.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Tell that to Maldini, they re obviously stuck on Botman for some reason. I guess they know better than us, fans. Hes not paying 30M for bench player. We need more quality players for rotation. Bad form, injuries happen.

And Kalulu showed he can play on rb, great crossing, good speed, reading, im certain he ll be better than Calabria. He needs some playing time there to get used to it. If needed he can play at cb. I respect Calabria for his time in banter era, and can be usefull in seria a, but in CL we ll get nowhere with him at rb. He had bad game yesterday, he had bunch of problems against verona. Can u imagine him against Mbappe, vinicius... at rb? I can and its not pretty. Aside his physical limitations, he seems to lack mental toughness.
I think we're to deep into the Botman deal to back out without being cunts. If Kalulu had been playing and performing like this during the fall I don't think we'd bring Botman.

But if all is well in everyone's head next season, Kalulu -Tomori will be starting CB's.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Part about calabria,agree 100%,he is just limited at best,fucking zapacosta looked like ribery in prime.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we're to deep into the Botman deal to back out without being cunts. If Kalulu had been playing and performing like this during the fall I don't think we'd bring Botman.

But if all is well in everyone's head next season, Kalulu -Tomori will be starting CB's.
This is not charty,Maldini belives in Botman and he is going to pair up tomori and him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I'm a CB/defender connoisseur. My favorite players are Maldini and Nesta.

Kalulu and Tomori are CB's worthy of Milan. They have a long way to go before they reach Maldinesta levels, but they're doing extremely well.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

So many things went wrong with this game.
Romagnoli on Berardi.
Bakayoko Bennacer pivot.
Mike rushed first game after injury.
Florenzi first start after injury.
This is one of those that Pioli got wrong. But looking back its interesting how we used to press with all four forwards, we dont see much of that anymore.

This season had three arcs. First part was the CL run, with a busy schedule, heavy rotation but our play was similar to last seasons with high press and more goals. Second part was injury crisis, missing our whole attacking line, AFCON, our play wasnt very coherent, compromised by missing players and fatigued players. Third arc was scudetto rush, clinching points, played more sheltered and defensive.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Kalulu will be first choice RB and first choice CB.

The question is, would you rather start Botman or Calabria?

Let’s see Botman at CB and Kalulu at RB for a few months before making conclusions. At this point, both sides of the argument have merit.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
This is not charty,Maldini belives in Botman and he is going to pair up tomori and him.
Pioli decides that.

And if he's as smart as I think he is, he's gonna have a good (but expensive) CB at his disposal on the bench.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are also likely to get Florenzi, who is predominantly a RB at this point, and a high quality one at that.

And Kalulu showed he can play on rb, great crossing, good speed, reading, im certain he ll be better than Calabria. He needs some playing time there to get used to it. If needed he can play at cb. I respect Calabria for his time in banter era, and can be usefull in seria a, but in CL we ll get nowhere with him at rb. He had bad game yesterday, he had bunch of problems against verona.
No one is questioning that he can play there, or even play there on a good level. Calabria is in my opinion the more complete RB, Florenzi too. Calabria had a bad game and is struggling with form at the moment a bit, maybe needs to heal out a bit as he doesn't have the iron body of someone like Kessie who can take virtually endless abuse (he definitely felt the rougher fouls against him yesterday). However his base line is still pretty good even in a bad game.

Can u imagine him against Mbappe, vinicius... at rb? I can and its not pretty. Aside his physical limitations, he seems to lack mental toughness.

Imo that doesn't necessarily work like that, Abate pocketed players galaxies more talented like him (like CR7) and looked bad against some average players. Overly focusing on these 1v1 only makes sense in a man marking system like Gasperini´s imo.

Eastheaven

Primavera
Reaction score
I think the problem with Calabria is that he knows his weakness at defending (speed) and he’s trying to compensate by making the first move at 1 on 1 (usually by stick the leg out to intercept). However when he faces anyone that has a bit of skill who will just dribble past him with quick feet. It happened 5-6 times in the last few games. With Kalulu Theo or tomori they can just wait for the winger to make first move, it either slowed down their attack or be in a foot race later on that are played into their advantage.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are also likely to get Florenzi, who is predominantly a RB at this point, and a high quality one at that.

No one is questioning that he can play there, or even play there on a good level. Calabria is in my opinion the more complete RB, Florenzi too. Calabria had a bad game and is struggling with form at the moment a bit, maybe needs to heal out a bit as he doesn't have the iron body of someone like Kessie who can take virtually endless abuse. However his base line is still pretty good even in a bad game.

Imo that doesn't necessarily work like that, Abate pocketed players galaxies more talented like him (like CR7) and looked bad against some average players. Overly focusing on these 1v1 only makes sense in a man marking system like Gasperini´s imo.
i stoped reading at bold part.

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
LMFAO
.we had maldini nesta cafu stam costacurta kaladze and now you are arguing about we shouldnt sign botman bcuz kalulu and tomori are doing fine
we need more quality players for every posts . just imagine if Kalulu or Tomori gets injured , then we're FUCKED .

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
LMFAO
.we had maldini nesta cafu stam costacurta kaladze and now you are arguing about we shouldnt sign botman bcuz kalulu and tomori are doing fine
we need more quality players for every posts . just imagine if Kalulu or Tomori gets injured , then we're FUCKED .
Kjaer is not dead, just saying. I am not against Botman as a player, however I don't think CB is a priority, or rather any position in defense is a priority right now, that needs an expensive solution if budget is limited.
However I have complete trust in Maldini.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

There's a real concern with Kalulu and Tomori's ariel ability

Especially with a midfield of Tonali, Bennacer, Renato....a lot of short players, would absolutely get fucked on set pieces. Maybe Kjaer could fill that gap but its unrealistic to assume he comes back at a high level

Hopefully Kalulu will be used at RB more and they will rotate the defense based on matchups

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
duvan wont go for 30 mil or less,yes he is 32 but he will cost at least 25-30 mil.
we dont really what what kinda crazy numbers origi would have if he played for that stat-inflating team

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
Kjaer is not dead, just saying. I am not against Botman as a player, however I don't think CB is a priority, or rather any position in defense is a priority right now, that needs an expensive solution if budget is limited.
However I have complete trust in Maldini.
i know hes not dead but hes coming back from a seriuos injury and you want to start the next season with only three CB !?
2 goals conceded in the last 12 games so yea CB is a priority for sure , we're at first place bcuz we have great defenders and they are doing fantastic jobs .
and now we're getting another great talent for that post to secure our back line for next season and CL games .

just remeber ladri had chielin bonucci barzagli rugani [i dont rate rugani at all ] benatia and they won scudetto bcuz of their strong backline for many years .

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i know hes not dead but hes coming back from a seriuos injury and you want to start the next season with only three CB !?
2 goals conceded in the last 12 games so yea CB is a priority for sure , we're at first place bcuz we have great defenders and they are doing fantastic jobs .
and now we're getting another great talent for that post to secure our back line for next season and CL games .

just remeber ladri had chielin bonucci barzagli rugani [i dont rate rugani at all ] benatia and they won scudetto bcuz of their strong backline for many years .
totaly true,and there were plenty of games for all of them.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
If Sanchez and botman arrive along with origi and belotti we need to go all out for a Rw.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
fucking djuric bullied them but sure, no problem there i guess:proud:if you think their height won't get exposed badly in CL then you cannot be helped. a tall monster like botman is a must!
just imagine a defence of
kalulu—tomori—botman—theo
that's insanely good:fp:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's a real concern with Kalulu and Tomori's ariel ability

Especially with a midfield of Tonali, Bennacer, Renato....a lot of short players, would absolutely get fucked on set pieces. Maybe Kjaer could fill that gap but its unrealistic to assume he comes back at a high level

We are playing them at the moment and it is not like Tomori and Kalulu are leaking aerial goals left, right and center. It is maybe their biggest weakness, but in no way is it preventing them from being an extremely effective pairing ... and we played a couple of really physically dominant teams with them. Real concern is a bit much, it is maybe a weakness, but not a problem.

I don't think it is unrealistic to assume that Kjaer will come back at a high level, in that regard anything is possible, including him not coming back to form but it is not a law. Maybe I am naturally optimistic but the stance on Kjaer seems a bit overly pessimistic to me.

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yes.. played 3 games.. so he is effectively a UCL winner
1652698059410.png

Kind of forgot about Theo being apart of a CL winning team. Regardless of role, it would have been a priceless experience for the young man, learning how to win under the likes of Zidane, CR7, Modric, Benzema, Marcelo, Ramos, etc. He now gets to build his own legacy with another European superpower, this time as one of the main protagonists.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i stoped reading at bold part.
Calabria is a very well balanced FB, with average speed but good spacial and positional awareness. Kalulu tracks space a lot better as a CB than as FB and isn't really that effective when playing inverted instead of overlapping, which is a staple of Piolis total football approach. Kalulu does well when overlapping because he is a good crosser, inverted Calabria and Florenzi are a lot stronger, of course Theo is king here. Kalulu as a FB isn't per se a bad attacker, but in Piolis system he adds some predictability, at least at the moment, he of course has more than enough time to iron all these things out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.