The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I've said it a few times, we aren't Bologna..your expectations aren't fitting what we should demand. Even if we only finished top 4, we cannot be satisfied or expect a guy from a relegation team in France to immediately be able to walk into our squad. There's a higher chance of him having an average to weak season than one where he matches the goals/assists we'd expect. That being said, I want to see him develop and giving opportunities in favourable situations. (where he has the best chance of doing well, with less pressure).
You can say it a few more times it won’t make a good observation. How do we compare to Bologna by winning the league?
What’s the expectation? Gradually Getting back to the level we were, among top teams, and eventually start Winning again … not only the Expectation is being met but way ahead of schedule Using this very “Bologna” method.

That’s what you’re confusing , method.
People have stuck in their mind a certain method (flashier and more exciting windows) of building a winning team and it seems their brain is stuck on it. Any other way is impossible.

The praise of how well and Smartly Maldini and co are building this team has been going around among football fan and pundits but now we are seeing articles of teams (United) actually looking at the “Bologna” model of Milan and trying to replicate. Maybe it’s because when well done, it bears results. Results Which are in front of your eyes to see.

Players are scouted for their abilities (technical but also psychological) and fit in the team play and brought in.
And allowing them a year or 2 to start balling is part of the process. Though even before they start balling they all do well enough to contribute Immediately to the team result.

“A guy from a relegation team in France”
Doesn’t matter where he is from. Bennacer and Tonali are from relegation teams in Italy, I guess “Italy” makes it better.
Kalulu is not even from a realegation team in French second division. He never played a minute of professional football.
Kjaer Tomori would not get off the bench in their previous teams.

If the player is right, he is right. There is no simpler way to put it.

Just to add, if he was as amazing as you think, Bordeaux wouldn't have left him riding the bench in the crucial end to the season.

Don’t even Know how to respond to this. If, for you, not starting regularly the end of the season for a guy who played about in 36 Of 37 games over 2200 min in the season… their best creator (didn’t check but I don’t think no one has more assists)…if that’s a clear indication of not being good, then be it.
Btw the first 5 games of the season, he didn’t start either. So you could be right.
My point isn't that he's young and therefore has to be back up. It's that he has to prove that he's worthy of our trust to be counted on. His numbers aren't good even in a weaker league..so how can I expect he will push on? He may. But I like some sort of assurances. If he impresses in his first season, sure then he can be counted on. I'd start Krunic ahead of him, until he proves he's better.
Well your point is in contrast with what we do (and it works Amazing), and management has publicly stated how we operate.
First, I think he has done more than enough in the “weaker league” (will come back to that) in the past 3 season to prove that he is worth it. But if we want to by what you’re saying then that is an established player. the hype you’re looking for (because that’s all it is) would make him a 30-50m signing.and that’s not what we do.
Make sure they have the tools to be great and Get them before they explode. Create the environment here to maximize chances of them reaching their potential.
Very Simple.

Weaker league. France produce the best talents in the world right now…5x 10x more than Serie A the stronger league.
So just like you “not starting in relegation team” it’s very superficial.

So get used to be dissatisfied during “underwhelming” markets, at least you will enjoy the celebrations at the end brought by those “Bologna” signings.

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Hm

Wolves fans are upset Milan is linked to this Gibbs White guy, usually a good sign

sign him up
Where did u see that? Twitter?
Link us

Want to see the tears

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t like the idea of relying on adli and I think you guys are banking on that way too much. Wayyyyy too much.

I don’t doubt his talent at all. And I would not be surprised one bit if he comes this summer and makes the CAM spot his role right off the bat. BUT, part of the success we’ve seen with young players is by giving players space to grow without the pressure of fully relying on them. They don’t need to be good, they can just play.

Tonali needed a season, don’t forget at the end of last season meite was put in before Tonali down the stretch. Kalulu wasn’t thrown into the fire, he gradually played more and more and only became a starter when we needed him to play because of injuries. Who knows if he’d excel this much without those few matches here and there.

Ideally for both the club and adli, we send Brahim back and grab a decent CAM so that if Adli has a bad game or two he doesn’t have to worry about the pressure. Some of you say Renato and I just don’t know about that either. He can certainly do a job in many positions but I’m a fan of playing people in their best spots. Renato is great at advancing the ball, he is not a playmaker and not the final ball player. Two very different things.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t like the idea of relying on adli and I think you guys are banking on that way too much. Wayyyyy too much.

I don’t doubt his talent at all. And I would not be surprised one bit if he comes this summer and makes the CAM spot his role right off the bat. BUT, part of the success we’ve seen with young players is by giving players space to grow without the pressure of fully relying on them. They don’t need to be good, they can just play.

Tonali needed a season, don’t forget at the end of last season meite was put in before Tonali down the stretch. Kalulu wasn’t thrown into the fire, he gradually played more and more and only became a starter when we needed him to play because of injuries. Who knows if he’d excel this much without those few matches here and there.

Ideally for both the club and adli, we send Brahim back and grab a decent CAM so that if Adli has a bad game or two he doesn’t have to worry about the pressure. Some of you say Renato and I just don’t know about that either. He can certainly do a job in many positions but I’m a fan of playing people in their best spots. Renato is great at advancing the ball, he is not a playmaker and not the final ball player. Two very different things.
fcb-fcbayern.gif

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Di Marzio confirming Bernardeschi won't be renewing with Juve. Would you take him for free? I'm sure he probably won't be making what he currently does.
Bernardeschi, baselli, rugani, meret , bertolacci, romagnoli , balotelli, SES, DES

ItalMilan

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Baka has an appearance clause we had to avoid triggering and Krunic plays more attacking (unless the holding position are super thin. ) I don't see the point really in giving him away and spending like 15m to sign another CM. Especially as he is a steadily growing talent and one of our own. He fits like a glove for what we need, the physical profile of Baka but more CM characteristics and versatility.
I think it depends on what happens with Adli as he can also cover this position too and Pioli likes to have 4 strong CMs. Therefore, if we deploy Adli as first choice AM, Pobega is likely to stay and compete with Sanches, Tonali + Benny for two spots. However, if we sign another AM e.g. Nkunku, Pobega would find his playing time limited and would probably be riding the bench a lot during a critical time in his development.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
So many Indonesian Milan fans. I love it.

We should play a match there, it would be crazy.

I've thought about this too. It's quite remarkable. Besides China Indonesia has to contain our biggest fan base in Asia. It's a huge country but it feels like the per capita number is high.

I love that because Indonesia has a special place in my heart. For half a decade I traveled there annually and helped a small remote island outside Papua with my family. I still have a hut there waiting for me on the beach. Beautiful and interesting country

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Sooner or later Mikan will have to lift the wage limit. The sooner the better. Coz love and respect us beautifull, its all good. But these boys are professionals, and player like Leao wont play for 4.5 if he can have 7. And thats also ok.

So, Milan needs to come to decent wage levels quickly. I hope new owners will do it.

MILAN 4EVER

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
How can I upload videos from my phone? Have a few good videos about the atmosphere in san siro against atalanta

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sooner or later Mikan will have to lift the wage limit. The sooner the better. Coz love and respect us beautifull, its all good. But these boys are professionals, and player like Leao wont play for 4.5 if he can have 7. And thats also ok.

So, Milan needs to come to decent wage levels quickly. I hope new owners will do it.

We won't have to worry once we're consistently going deep in the UCL.

The players will pay themselves.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I tell you guyz now so you are ready: 😁

There us a real chance Adli will not be ready next year, or next 2 years to play at the top level. He may loose a lot of possesion, move wrongly, cant score etc.

Botman will not be our starter if Kjaer is ready. He will need time to learn defending italian way.

That doesnt mean we didnt sign 2 great prospects.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I tell you guyz now so you are ready: 😁

There us a real chance Adli will not be ready next year, or next 2 years to play at the top level. He may loose a lot of possesion, move wrongly, cant score etc.

Botman will not be our starter if Kjaer is ready. He will need time to learn defending italian way.

That doesnt mean we didnt sign 2 great prospects.
Will depend how strong mentally adli is.. i think he will surprise you next year

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Congo has a saying... it's only gay if you're gay 🧐
Right, I can comment on a player’s physical appearance in an excessively gay manner...but it is not gay to do so because I am not gay

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Giampaolo aint doing shit. Inter will dominate

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

According to sources very close to Investcorp's management, #Milan is ready to meet the demands of #Benfica for Darwin #Nunez . The player would be offered a very tempting contract to try to convince him.
@zlatan_gh

This would also assume that Investcorp is also very close to a takeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.