Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
yeehh just keep telling that to yourself,
when redshit offers leao 4.5 mil and he says now i want 6 mil they will do whattt
Sell,what will happen to tomori when he asks 5 mil,sell ,what will hapen to theo when he asks 6 mil sell
If they do that, their 1.3B investment will quicky turn into a 250M value. I am sure that is not what they want. They may not manage 50B but they do manage a few B, and even to do that you need a minimum level of business savvy.

If they want to make money, the value of the club needs to increase, not decrease. It needs to increase significantly to justify the investment on an ROI basis. That means a new stadium and more lucrative sponsorships and also brand value. The former requires an investment (possibly attracting capital), the last two are not gonna happen unless we win something, including reasonable showing (if not victory) at international level.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Serie A put out a list of their MVPs
Best goalie: Maignan
Best defender: Bremer
Best midfielder: Brozovic
Best striker: Immobile
Best U23: Osimhen
FTNNMAGWAAA693s

Where is krunic

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
If the payout is 500, it’s reasonable to assume that Elliott values the club at close to 2.3 million in the near future. Rather than risking it themselves, they’re choosing to exit with a high chance of getting half of that.

A bird in hand rather than 2 in the bush perhaps. I’m not an expert but this seems the bridge between the 2 valuations.

Until the clauses become known (and I hope they do), it’s hard to speculate otherwise. I doubt it’s linked tk the stadium alone though - why would we RedBird spend a billion on the stadium and be forced to pay another 500m to Elliott?

I am assuming it is based on 1)Revenue parameters and 2)competition performance

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
You forget that in modern football you can aim at the very top only if you invest adequately.
Now to expect that every season Maldini and the company will discover the new Leao and Theo is really rude.
So what do you expect whoever buy the club will do if not, the least , continue Elliot's approach which is fine by me ?
So they pay 1.3bil then risk to make a loss if the club stop its up & steady trajectory ?
To make profit you need to invest, its simple.
That doest assure success but no one ever expect to make a profit without investing.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Looking at the statistics, the former Lille goalkeeper stands out above all overs; he has a Post-Shot Expected Goals minus Goals Allowed of +7.1, the best in the league and far above second place Davide Ospina, who has a PSxG+/- of +5.2. The stat essentially suggests Maignan has saved seven goals from going in, based on the accumulative quality of shots faced.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only reason I preferred Investcorp over Redbird was seeing how Investcorp handled businesses with the market appropriate steps, while with Redbird, the centrality of Comolli worried me over the role of our management. Comolli is annoying to me.

However, if Redbird are paying up to 1.8 billion for Milan, without a stadium, then it shows the power of Milan's brand. Investcorp wanted to grab the deal, at 1.2b, but couldn't close it in time.

You won't make money on a sports team through operating at some huge profit on your year-to-year profits from revenue, but from selling the team. That is how Elliott made their money, and they spent around 700m in the 4 years here.

Redbird will not make money by selling players, that shit is peanuts. The fact Elliott are maintaining a stake puts me at ease, because it means that they still see the potential of Serie A. Redbird will probably be pushing Milan in America, as it is the next great market for football teams. The EPL has a huge lead, but, it is a market ripe for expansion.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Are you that ignorent fuck man,do you belive we will be competetiv again with this team next year also,
off course money istn everything but you simple cant understand we will have to sell best players with redshit for sure.
At the beginning of this season I have been called "ignorant" on another (Milan)
forum for claiming we could compete with the team we had, and here we are with a good chance of winning scudetto. I would wait until the end of the mercato before assessing our chances. And no, nobody knows what will happen.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If the payout is 500, it’s reasonable to assume that Elliott values the club at close to 2.3 million in the near future. Rather than risking it themselves, they’re choosing to exit with a high chance of getting half of that.

A bird in hand rather than 2 in the bush perhaps. I’m not an expert but this seems the bridge between the 2 valuations.

Until the clauses become known (and I hope they do), it’s hard to speculate otherwise. I doubt it’s linked tk the stadium alone though - why would we RedBird spend a billion on the stadium and be forced to pay another 500m to Elliott?

I am assuming it is based on 1)Revenue parameters and 2)competition performance
I imagine Elliott values a post-stadium Milan at more than Chelsea, because it would not have the encumbered stadium. It would probably value a post CL winning Milan at over 3.

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
Football inflation is not the same as general inflation. The year Shevchenko came to Milan, Inter broke the transfer record by paying 45 mil for Vieri. Currently the transfer record is 225 mil which is 5 times the 1999 record. So the 25 mil paid for Shevchenko would be around 125 million (25 * 5) in today's market.

The Sheva transfer was also Milan's own transfer record at the time. Now the highest transfers for Milan is Bonucci at around 42 million and Rui Costa for around 40 mil. Basically 43 mil in today's market is clearly not a super high amount and transfers above that amount are routine. 25 mil in 1999 was a pretty big amount.
Generally your'e right, football prices inflation is much higher then general inflation. But comparing outliers is not a good way to calculate it. Especially the Mbappe Neymar price is not a good measure of anything, other than some rich dude's ego.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Shit, if they are spending 1.8, their selling point may be closer to 4, come to think of it.

I think we underestimate the value of Milan's brand due to the banter era, because I don't think the damage done in the perception of fans like us matches up with that of the casual fans, where you make your money.

Winning makes you money. As long as that Comolli stays away, I'll take Redbird.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
I would actually probably die of laughter if RedBird defaulted on the loan and Elliott inherited the club for a second time :lol:
This will be greatest day of rnb history :lol:

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Shit, if they are spending 1.8, their selling point may be closer to 4, come to think of it.

I think we underestimate the value of Milan's brand due to the banter era, because I don't think the damage done in the perception of fans like us matches up with that of the casual fans, where you make your money.

Winning makes you money. As long as that Comolli stays away, I'll take Redbird.
What is Redbirds connection to Comolli?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
The point was that you are celebrating the signing of a super sub, while hating on a starter who this season alone scored half the goals the super sub has in his entire career. And he is not even a striker something the super sub is
And i answered that numbers arent everything.
If they were then Berardi is a better winger than Leao.

I celebrate Origi because his style suit our need for a ST & we need two of those.
And we need a higher profile RW so the fact Origi is free allow us to allocate more funds for that RW.
Lastely for 30-40 am sure we can get a much better player than Berardi.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Generally your'e right, football prices inflation is much higher then general inflation. But comparing outliers is not a good way to calculate it. Especially the Mbappe Neymar price is not a good measure of anything, other than some rich dude's ego.

Even the transfers from clubs without state owners ( PSG and Man City ) are much higher now. The outliers can skew things. But even 225 for Neymar doesn't feel like a skewed outlier when you see that Real offered 200 mil for Mbappe last year, Barca paid around 150 mil for Coutinho and another 150 mil for Dembele, Felix to Athletico for around 120 mi, Lukaku to Chelsea for around 120 mil.,,,

80-100 mil plus transfers seem more common these days than 25 mil plus transfers back in 1999.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Allegedly a Milan finance expert

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What is Redbirds connection to Comolli?
He is their guy who runs Toulouse and they seem to have a lot of faith in him. I think he's great at finding random French targets from time to time, but he is a hack once you get past midtable Ligue 1 expectations.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even the transfers from clubs without state owners ( PSG and Man City ) are much higher now. The outliers can skew things. But even 225 for Neymar doesn't feel like a skewed outlier when you see that Real offered 200 mil for Mbappe last year, Barca paid around 150 mil for Coutinho and another 150 mil for Dembele, Felix to Athletico for around 120 mi, Lukaku to Chelsea for around 120 mil.,,,

80-100 mil plus transfers seem more common these days than 25 mil plus transfers back in 1999.
Neymar's fee was the one that fundamentally fucked up the market. All those prices you quote came after Neymar.

Chelsea started off the insane spending, but PSG put gas lighter fluid on it, while Neymar's more than doubled the record.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He is their guy who runs Toulouse and they seem to have a lot of faith in him. I think he's great at finding random French targets from time to time, but he is a hack once you get past midtable Ligue 1 expectations.
Was wondering where I heard this name before. This guy seems to have had success at arsenal under Wenger in their peak years, but shat the bed at spurs and Liverpool before fading away (he was the first DS appointed after FSG takeover)

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Removing all price consideration though Darwin is a far better fit in my opinion than Scammaca but some of you keep talking like Scammaca is a great fit when really he is just a better fit for our pocket.
patosheva needs a timeout for a week to calm down, this childish overreacting is annoying af
You can put him on ignore, not reply or post something else to branch out the conversation.

- Its pure entertainment for me, and not just his antics but others trying to explain it all away with positivity when the truth is we dont know what will change once ownership does.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Here’s something to distract you from ownership

AC Milan are tempted by the idea of making a move for Alvaro Morata who should leave Juventus once his loan there is over :lol:
The only way he becomes palatable is if he is brought in to preform the Firmino role. Morata, to his credit, is very good at that.

This palatability, of course, depends on having Mane and Salah, and while I think Leao functions much like Salah does (positioning, etc) we haven’t found our Mane yet.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Wall Street Journal: 'China directive: no to foreign property for Communist Party top officials'. Suning risks having to leave Inter​

Zhang family, given that Jindong, owner of the Nerazzurri club and number one of the Nanjing giant, is actively involved in the politics of the Chinese Communist Party

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Neymar's fee was the one that fundamentally fucked up the market. All those prices you quote came after Neymar.

Chelsea started off the insane spending, but PSG put gas lighter fluid on it, while Neymar's more than doubled the record.
Chelsea had to because Real Barca and Utd were 'king' and they had to break into the club

#vicious cycle.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Wall Street Journal: 'China directive: no to foreign property for Communist Party top officials'. Suning risks having to leave Inter​

Zhang family, given that Jindong, owner of the Nerazzurri club and number one of the Nanjing giant, is actively involved in the politics of the Chinese Communist Party

Speculation is China is taking defensive measures in the event of sanctions, similar to Russia, if they invade Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.