The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
See the long Corriere article I posted, which is the source of that MilanReports tweet.
Just read it, must have missed it. Sounds good.

I think in Italian next hours or past hours isn't literal, and can mean anything from days to weeks. I'd like to know when Maldini gave that interview, though. Was it yesterday? Or a few days ago?

Eastheaven

Primavera
Reaction score
At this stage we can all agree that Maldini is representing the interests of all of our fans, players, staff etc when he says that Milan should be competing and winning at the European stage not just domestically. If he stays and continues then us fans should be relaxed and excited and if he goes, riot. It’s easy.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Basically with this market, we'll have upgraded our RW.
Replaced our outgoing CDM/CB options.
Found a Vice-Giroud for when Ibra is out.
Brought back a Vice-Brahim for when he is not on form.
All that needs to be sorted is which bench players we keep, and which ones we replace with upgrades.
I also think Rebic is leaving for personal reasons. Wants more playing time and Wolfsburg with Kovac want him. We'll replace him with a Belotti I think. We won't redeem Messias or Bakayoko, and we will keep Florenzi and loan out Lazetic. I think the rest stays as it is.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At this stage we can all agree that Maldini is representing the interests of all of our fans, players, staff etc when he says that Milan should be competing and winning at the European stage not just domestically. If he stays and continues then us fans should be relaxed and excited and if he goes, riot. It’s easy.
Exactly. He threw down the gauntlet. Are you all with me or are you not?

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
patosheva you need to chill out. When eliott took us over, many people here were "ooh shit vulture fund taking over, they'll dismantle everything, take the profits and run". 3 years later we have a scudetto in our pocket won by the youngest squad ever.
Redbird never said they wont invest. They said you dont need invest much to win. Stop making asumptions what that means. Give them a chance and we'll see what happens.
Yes, Liverpool can invest cause they have 2x the revenue we do. Who said that Redbird wont raise our revenue to Liverpool levels?
You've compared Redbird to Utds Glazer saying they're only ruining the club by not investing.. what you on about? Utd spent around 120mil on transfers on average in the past 5 years without playing in major european competitions.

Go out, light one up and cherish the fact that Milan is the best team in Italy right now
I wont chiil ,you know why,couse elliot are smart they would dismantle us but then tought they could earn 800 mil in 3 years.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Just read it, must have missed it. Sounds good.

I think in Italian next hours or past hours isn't literal, and can mean anything from days to weeks. I'd like to know when Maldini gave that interview, though. Was it yesterday? Or a few days ago?
Could be a few days ago, but I guess powerful people will have intel on that interview at the very least last night. Which makes reports of them acting this morning somewhat believable.

It would be the logical thing to do. Corriere seems to believe closing will be imminent, which is good.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wont chiil ,you know why,couse elliot are smart they would dismantle us but then tought they could earn 800 mil in 3 years.
What's to stop RedBird from thinking if they're smart they can turn this 1.8b club into a 4b club in 5 years?

They don't do this by selling Leao. They do that buy improving the team and winning the CL and building a 75k stadium.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Could be a few days ago, but I guess powerful people will have intel on that interview at the very least last night. Which makes reports of them acting this morning somewhat believable.

It would be the logical thing to do. Corriere seems to believe closing will be imminent, which is good.
I'm not worried at all. I think it's all going to be ok. Maldini is just cashing in his political capital to make sure that he can get as much as he can for this summer transfer window, as he thinks with the title win we can use that momentum to get ahead of schedule. He really believes we can go far in the CL next season, and so do I.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Only issue is corriere isnt the most believable source. A lot of fluff pieces from them and gds. i dont see them as the source to break new information.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
On a lighter side note:

First Scudetto, then marriage. For both of them. :lol:
They're more dedicated to Pioli than their wives. :PCoke:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Only issue is corriere isnt the most believable source. A lot of fluff pieces from them and gds. i dont see them as the source to break new information.
People mustn't think too one-dimensional about news organizations.

Sure, GDS and Corriere are mostly full of shit and late to the party on imminent deals, rumors and the like. Nonetheless Maldini gave the interview to Gazzetta and Corriere is one of the bigger media actors of sport in Italia. My point is that sometimes they will know what's going on. We'll all find out soon enough, but this doesn't strike me as something in the category of "made up mumbojumbo". Not in a matter such as this.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's to stop RedBird from thinking if they're smart they can turn this 1.8b club into a 4b club in 5 years?

They don't do this by selling Leao. They do that buy improving the team and winning the CL and building a 75k stadium.
No,they cant turn Milan to 4b club not without CL and new stadium,but they can milk Milan and i am very suspisios that elliot will stay also.
Take basic math,if we can make in cl in next 5 years and our revenu goes to 350 mil and we keep spending like this ,they will have profitible club that has no debth and still can get 2 b

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
No,they cant turn Milan to 4b club not without CL and new stadium,but they can milk Milan and i am very suspisios that elliot will stay also.
Take basic math,if we can make in cl in next 5 years and our revenu goes to 350 mil and we keep spending like this ,they will have profitible club that has no debth and still can get 2 b
You are not a Milan fan.

You are a mercato fan. And you are ruining the good feeling of a scudetto. Fuck off.

Eastheaven

Primavera
Reaction score
What makes you think we can make CL every year by stripping off our best players? I can assure you if paolo goes, soon follows him will be Theo, then tomori and Mike etc who have ambitions and it won’t be CL but relegation battle every year instead.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People mustn't think too one-dimensional about news organizations.

Sure, GDS and Corriere are mostly full of shit and late to the party on imminent deals, rumors and the like. Nonetheless Maldini gave the interview to Gazzetta and Corriere is one of the bigger media actors of sport in Italia. My point is that sometimes they will know what's going on. We'll all find out soon enough, but this doesn't strike me as something in the category of "made up mumbojumbo". Not in a matter such as this.

Fair point. But at the same time a lot of people can conjure this headline. Personally ill wait until the club announcement.

Balthier

Primavera
Reaction score
i don't dare dreams about UCL, but i want the second star above Milan Badge before Inter

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm with you, we don't get to the valuation that makes it worth it for RedBird to spend 1.8b unless we are back at the level of Real Madrid and others that challenge for the CL every year. Revenue is already expected to be at 300m this season. They want it to go up to around 500m or more in a few years, with the stadium and much better broadcasting revenue, sponsorships and merchandising. It's not impossible. At that stage our squad costs will go up too. Better salaries, better players, etc.

That's the path they and Maldini want to take. It's the only path that justifies paying 1.8b for Milan.

Selling Leao adds 120m now, but you can't spend it to improve the squad, whatever you do will always be a downgrade. So you maybe don't win the title again, and you lose enthusiasm and you maybe one day don't even make the CL, and you lose revenue. It's a path that's risky. It's also a path they could have taken by buying a midtable club.

You buy Milan because you know how high they can get. The fans are there. The history is there. The team right now is there. Maldini is there. You just need to keep walking the path that we've already been walking on to get to where we all know we can go.

You don't need to trust Elliott or RedBird. I don't. But I do trust that the only way they get what THEY want is for us all to get what WE want, which is CL glory and sustained long term success.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You are not a Milan fan.

You are a mercato fan. And you are ruining the good feeling of a scudetto. Fuck off.
I don't think that's fair. He is a Milan fan, but he's very scared about the unlikely scenario that a new owner will just close up shop and degrade the quality of the team. Doesn't mean he doesn't love the club.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What makes you think we can make CL every year by stripping off our best players? I can assure you if paolo goes, soon follows him will be Theo, then tomori and Mike etc who have ambitions and it won’t be CL but relegation battle every year instead.
Mike especially is a born winner. He wants to win the CL and believes Maldini when he says he can win it at Milan. If Maldini leaves, you can be damn sure Mike will the be the first to follow him out the door.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't think that's fair. He is a Milan fan, but he's very scared about the unlikely scenario that a new owner will just close up shop and degrade the quality of the team. Doesn't mean he doesn't love the club.
yes it does, shah of Iran.

people who freak out like this when they know absolutely shit and only care about the mercato are not Milan fans. this isn't new with patosheva, he's a transfer market fan. FAKE SHIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule