The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol I knew it was too good to be true re Botman. Also, unless Sanches arrives at Linate airport bags in hand, I refuse to believe that's a done deal either whereas in reality ONLY Origi is.

View attachment 5735
Yeah I'm caught in that same trap again, I need to stop refreshing and looking at this so often only leads to stress

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni

I mean, how can Serie A compete with this? Really looking forward to the CL this season, hope we make a really deep run.

Looks good, but I have my doubts about Origi at CF and CDK on the right. With a midfield of Tonali, Bennacer and Renato we'll have a lot of balance and we should be aiming for a true RW with the same kind of qualities as Leao. Origi at CF could work, but doesn't actually excite me.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Yeah I'm caught in that same trap again, I need to stop refreshing and looking at this so often only leads to stress
Yep...also one minute the media are reporting that Sanches wants more than 4.5m, the next he's accepted 4.5m and now DiMarzio's saying he's agreed to 3m?! Fuck off! :lol::fp:

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I don't want to contemplate it, but I don't think it's out of the question that Maldini is considering selling Bennacer.

1- We might be thinking of Renato as a CM next to Tonali, with Pobega, Adli and Krunic as rotating options. CDK, Renato and Adli as the AM, and a more direct new RW rotating with Messias or Saelemaekers. In this case (if CDK is the primary AM) then Renato, Tonali, Adli, Pobega, Krunic will probably be enough as the midfield duo options.
2- He still hasn't renewed and the rumors are he's the one Maldini hinted at when they said some agents are waiting for the closing to see if the new owners increase the budget.
3- He's not on the growth decree. We have to pay a lot more tax for him to get the same net wage as the rest of the foreigners.

I think unless he renews soon, he's probably the most likely of our major players to be sold this summer. I don't think we need to sell him, and I love Ismael, but this summer seems like a very important one for him to choose what he wants to do. If he renews at a reasonable wage, great. If not, I think we have to sell now.

I think it's highly unlikely that Maldini will let Ismael walk. Besides Tonali, he's clearly our best midfielder and of the best allround mifielders in Serie A. I'm happy that Kessie is gone, but he was an important midfielder in the last couple of seasons. No way that Maldini will let Ismael go in the same summer and risk continuity to fade.

Another important aspect is that I expect Ismael to have a great season next year. Last season was a tough one for him and he needed time to get back to his former self after multiple injuries and less playing time. Why would we sell him now when his transfer worth would likely increase in the upcoming season?

I still see Bennacer as a very important piece of the Milan puzzle.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree on every point, I’m intrigued by that defence you put in that pic. But the fact that Calabria ain’t going anywhere and Florenzi’s deal is almost done (Maldini is trying to lowball Roma for the moment to pinch a million of the deal), those two are gonna be first and second choice at right back. Florenzi’s not being signed permanently to be third choice.

Botman is replacing Romagnoli and that’s it. How things are looking at the moment is that the CB’s are gonna be Botman, Kalulu, Kjaer and Tomori (not in that particular order).

But again, I’m really curious about Kalulu as right back, I just don’t see it happening in 22/23.
We need 5 fullbacks. That’s the ideal number. Right now we have Calabria, Kalulu, Florenzi, FBT and Theo. All of the first three can and have played LB at some point so they’re an emergency option. Kalulu will spend a lot of time at CB too and Florenzi might get minutes all over the pitch besides RB. I think it’s fine having all five (while obviously replacing FBT with an Italian). Just two RBs and two LBs seems risky. That one extra player they can play both sides (Florenzi) is very useful for emergencies.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
#Botman has personal agreement with #Milan for 5 years. He wants the Rossoneri and is refusing everything. The variable may be Lille hoping to sell it in the Premier League at higher figures. Management is encountering resistance but continues to work with the French club

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Esc #Sanches al #Milan , closing transaction (last details) Figures: 18 al #Lille plus 4-year contract at 3.2 plus bonuses per season. The corporate problems of the French club will mark the timing of the definition, but the Rossoneri club plans to complete in the next week

next-week-next.gif

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
I think Serie A window officially opens July 1st.
Ahhh, you're right.

Serie A transfer window​

The market will open on July 1 and close on Monday, Sept. 1.
In the past, like the Premier League, it has closed the day before the season began, but has now fallen back into line with France, Germany and Spain.

Mistook the Premier League start date mentioned in the article (wording is so damn confusing):

Premier League transfer window
The transfer market will reopen on Friday, June 10, in line with most major European leagues, though most international deals will not go through until July 1.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope MMM have alternatives for Botman and Renato if Lille continues to be assholes.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks good, but I have my doubts about Origi at CF and CDK on the right. With a midfield of Tonali, Bennacer and Renato we'll have a lot of balance and we should be aiming for a true RW with the same kind of qualities as Leao. Origi at CF could work, but doesn't actually excite me.

Yeah I think that’s a route we can take. We’re already leaning towards a sort of 433 with a robust midfield, and if that’s the case then we need a lot more direct penetration on the right side, and that’s not what you get with CDK. If we still aim to play a very left leaning attack, then it makes sense. I have a feeling we’ll build the squad so we can do both options. Have players that can allow us to stretch the pitch, and also have technical players where we can control the game.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The transfer market will reopen on Friday, June 10, in line with most major European leagues, though most international deals will not go through until July 1.
What does this mean exactly?

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
zani zani olo olo

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Yeah I think that’s a route we can take. We’re already leaning towards a sort of 433 with a robust midfield, and if that’s the case then we need a lot more direct penetration on the right side, and that’s not what you get with CDK. If we still aim to play a very left leaning attack, then it makes sense. I have a feeling we’ll build the squad so we can do both options. Have players that can allow us to stretch the pitch, and also have technical players where we can control the game.

Agreed, but we already have Alexis if we want to play with a left leaning attack. If Renato comes, he would be another alternative for that position in some matches. I don't see a reason to add a similar player to the roster when we miss a true RW that can penetrate defences.

I think CDK is a nice prospect, but I would only get him to play in midfield and not on the wing.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Maybe CDK is an alternative to Renato Sances if the deal falls through. I just don't see him as our RW.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
We need 5 fullbacks. That’s the ideal number. Right now we have Calabria, Kalulu, Florenzi, FBT and Theo. All of the first three can and have played LB at some point so they’re an emergency option. Kalulu will spend a lot of time at CB too and Florenzi might get minutes all over the pitch besides RB. I think it’s fine having all five (while obviously replacing FBT with an Italian). Just two RBs and two LBs seems risky. That one extra player they can play both sides (Florenzi) is very useful for emergencies.
Yeah, definitely. Both Kalulu and Florenzi can be deployed on the left in case of emergency

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Where exactly did I say Bennacer is not important? Oh, you assumed that. Ok.

Where exactly did I say I want him sold? Oh, you assumed that too. Ok.

And yes, a midfield duo of Tonali and Renato, with Pobega, Adli and Krunic is good enough for next season, IF ALL OF THEM ARE SEEN PRIMARILY AS CM PLAYERS. This is how I prefaced my statement. If Maldini sees Renato and Adli as primarily CM players, then Bennacer is expendable. He might be better than all of them, but if he doesn't sign a renewal, I can see him being sold.

This doesn't mean I don't think Bennacer is important. It doesn't mean I want him sold.

Please comprehend what you read before you imagine things to respond to.

I don't think any of your attempts to argue with me have ended well for you, so it's really cute to see you keep trying.
if you agree on selling him now it means you think he is not important, usually important players are not sellable.

read the last line where you think we should sell him now if he didn't agree on whatever maldini offers him

and no Midfield with Tonali, Renato and 3 average players is not enough, for me Bennacer currently is better than Tonali and in the same level as Renato not forgetting Renato is injury prone, so i would sacrifice pobega, Krunic and Adli before i would even think of bennacer being sold.

problem with you like always, is that you change your mind every time you think you said something you regret, like you are posting a full post on how we should sell bennacer now and how we can cope without him with average players, however you are saying that you mean by that you love him and want him to stay, so no one can ever win an argument with you because you never has one opinion.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Interesting report from L'Equipe (credible) on the delays re Botman + Sanches...

"The DNCG is a body that annually checks the finances of every French club and Lille are in poor financial shape. There are effectively two different paths which are put forward by different people.

There is Oliver Letang who is the CEO, and there is Marilyn Partners, the controlling fund. If Letang’s proposal of how to fix things wins, the sales of Botman and Sanches should take place by the end of June to reach a positive net worth.

If the Marilyn Partners path is chosen, the deals will be postponed until July in order to have that revenue factored into next season’s budgets rather than the season just gone."

Obviously this doesn't necessarily mean that both or ANY of the players will arrive but helps to explain the never-ending 'next week' BS...

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Interesting report from L'Equipe (credible) on the delays re Botman + Sanches...

"The DNCG is a body that annually checks the finances of every French club and Lille are in poor financial shape. There are effectively two different paths which are put forward by different people.

There is Oliver Letang who is the CEO, and there is Marilyn Partners, the controlling fund. If Letang’s proposal of how to fix things wins, the sales of Botman and Sanches should take place by the end of June to reach a positive net worth.

If the Marilyn Partners path is chosen, the deals will be postponed until July in order to have that revenue factored into next season’s budgets rather than the season just gone."

Obviously this doesn't necessarily mean that both or ANY of the players will arrive but helps to explain the never-ending 'next week' BS...
Okay.. we switch to 'next month'.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if you agree on selling him now it means you think he is not important, usually important players are not sellable.

read the last line where you think we should sell him now if he didn't agree on whatever maldini offers him

and no Midfield with Tonali, Renato and 3 average players is not enough, for me Bennacer currently is better than Tonali and in the same level as Renato not forgetting Renato is injury prone, so i would sacrifice pobega, Krunic and Adli before i would even think of bennacer being sold.

problem with you like always, is that you change your mind every time you think you said something you regret, like you are posting a full post on how we should sell bennacer now and how we can cope without him with average players, however you are saying that you mean by that you love him and want him to stay, so no one can ever win an argument with you because you never has one opinion.
Liverpool are about to sell Salah.

Read what I wrote again. I am not arguing that we should sell Bennacer. I’m saying there are some reasons why Maldini might think this summer is the right one to sell Bennacer if he doesn’t renew.

The reason why you feel you can’t win an argument with me is that you invent my positions and I end up just denying what you’re claiming I said. If you look at what I wrote and discuss it like a normal person, maybe we can have a normal conversation. You don’t do that. You just twist words and invent positions and then claim that I’m ‘changing my opinion’.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Liverpool are about to sell Salah.

Read what I wrote again. I am not arguing that we should sell Bennacer. I’m saying there are some reasons why Maldini might think this summer is the right one to sell Bennacer if he doesn’t renew.

The reason why you feel you can’t win an argument with me is that you invent my positions and I end up just denying what you’re claiming I said. If you look at what I wrote and discuss it like a normal person, maybe we can have a normal conversation. You don’t do that. You just twist words and invent positions and then claim that I’m ‘changing my opinion’.
so when you say "If he renews at a reasonable wage, great. If not, I think we have to sell now." that is not what you think, it is what maldini thinks, sorry my English is not that good, i used to think that usually when someone say I think it represent his option, but in your case it is not your opinion it is maldini's opinion, silly me, oh well you learn something new everyday specially on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule