The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Don't read too much into supply and demand discussions from newspapers. It's way more simple than that. If Leao really wants to stay, one or two Millions per year won't be the issue neither for him nor for Milan. They'll meet somewhere in the middle and put the cause to a rest. If he wants to leave, his demands will always increase or not come down from a number that is obviously out of reach for any Serie A club that doesn't pull foolish things like Inter or Juve.

We've seen this with Hakan, Kessie and Donnarumma. We've seen this with Theo and Tomori. None of them have been low-balled. All of them have received the right offer appropriate to their value on the pitch and their development of career.

Some of them obviously didn't wanted to stay and turned those offers down - accepting offers barely higher or even lower than what we offered, proving that our offers have always been adequate and fair. Those who left soon regretted it. Rightfully. What we offer is not only money but the perfect place and environment for young players to develop into future mega stars. A place with a long-term project and passionate fans full of love and admiration for you. If you as a player don't value that over some few Millions, then the door is right fucking there.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean, some of the best players out there didn't get payed 8-9M until they were nearing their 30s and peaking. I want Leao to stay at all costs but one must ask what does getting payed so much at this age already do with your psyche?

Leao is 23 years old. He's for sure one of the best in his position but yet still bloody young. It's not like a figure like 6M wouldn't make him already one of the best paid players in the league, isn't it? How many players who got payed this much already this early in their career turned out even greater and how many turned out into selfcentric divas?

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
I can’t believe I am gonna defend Shitlegri, but, in fairness, last year or two of Pirlo at Milan were not great. We had become Pirlo-dependent, yet he did not play that great (if he played at all, if I remember correctly he got injured a lot). Pirlo was reborn once he started playing for Ladri. If you read his book there was some deep frustration / resentment at Milan in general and Galliani in particular (I believe he wanted to be transferredto RM but that did not happen). Bottom line, not sure I would blame Shitlegri for that (plenty of other things, though).
nope, its all on Allegri
i just need a reason to hate Allegri more and more

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Maybe Pirlo and Allegri are really Milan secret agents that were instructed to destroy Juventus.

And Juve this one is a freebie... if you fire Max, Giampaiolo is free.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Don't read too much into supply and demand discussions from newspapers. It's way more simple than that. If Leao really wants to stay, one or two Millions per year won't be the issue neither for him nor for Milan. They'll meet somewhere in the middle and put the cause to a rest. If he wants to leave, his demands will always increase or not come down from a number that is obviously out of reach for any Serie A club that doesn't pull foolish things like Inter or Juve.

We've seen this with Hakan, Kessie and Donnarumma. We've seen this with Theo and Tomori. None of them have been low-balled. All of them have received the right offer appropriate to their value on the pitch and their development of career.

Some of them obviously didn't wanted to stay and turned those offers down - accepting offers barely higher or even lower than what we offered, proving that our offers have always been adequate and fair. Those who left soon regretted it. Rightfully. What we offer is not only money but the perfect place and environment for young players to develop into future mega stars. A place with a long-term project and passionate fans full of love and admiration for you. If you as a player don't value that over some few Millions, then the door is right fucking there.
I hope your boss will tell you this bs when you negotiate for salary increment.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean, some of the best players out there didn't get payed 8-9M until they were nearing their 30s and peaking. I want Leao to stay at all costs but one must ask what does getting payed so much at this age already do with your psyche?

Leao is 23 years old. He's for sure one of the best in his position but yet still bloody young. It's not like a figure like 6M wouldn't make him already one of the best paid players in the league, isn't it? How many players who got payed this much already this early in their career turned out even greater and how many turned out into selfcentric divas?
lol

Well he has a ~8m hanging above his head

A sum that will take him years to pay off

It's understandable why someone in that situation would prioritize money...

I just hope whatever the decision, it is made by the WC. Letting him go into the final year of his contract without a sale would be genuinely disastrous

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

I agree with most points but what if another club can offer him an ambitious project + the millions?
Say for e.g., City comes calling. They have established themselves as the best team in the world's most popular league. They have excellent scouting system. They have the most sought after coach in the world. They are among the 3 favourites to win CL.
If I were Leao, I would require guarantees from Cardinale himself that he is willing to invest and strengthen the team going forward. I think that will be Leao's concern more than the millions. He will always finish outside top 10 for Ballondor unless Milan is among the 5 biggest contenders for CL.
Maldini spoke about making the next step in the summer but he had a shoestring budget to play with. I feel Leao will stay for the salary we are offering but only if he is convinced about the project.

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Imagine if we walked away from Leao or Tonali because we were ‘overpaying’ for them at the time. In fact we walked away from the Tonali option. People were still arguing about Leao in summer 2021, and it wasn’t clear who was our best LW.

Our scouting is excellent. We know how much to value each deal based on the information we have. If they green lit the CDK deal it’s because he was still in a acceptable upper range. We let go of Wesley Fofana, Simakan, Botman and a ton of others that went past the number we were comfortable with. CDK isn’t an exception, we just think his potential is worth that investment.

Give the man some time. It’s really ridiculous to forget the lessons of Tonali and Leao. Not everyone hits the ground running.

You hit the nail on the head with this one.. I just don't understand how many posters on here are so incredibly learning resistant. Is it just blatant ignorance?

YOUNG.PLAYERS.NEED.TIME!!!!!! this can not be stressed enough, but somehow, after tonali and leao, seemingly half of the posters here seem to still not understand it.. then they reply with the argument "buuhuuh, but he cost so much" or "i expected more" or "we overpayed" or whatever other random argument they come up with.

We can only fairly evaluate the CDK-Saga after a few years, i'd at least give him 2 years (!), maybe even 3 before we can judge what he can offer.

I dont know how old you guys are, but i often realize how young our players actually are, when i see their birth year.. I mean CDK was born in 2001.. This guy is still a young, inexperienced kid that needs to learn a LOT of things, before he is mature enough to handle that kind of pressure and know how he has to react correctly to certain events on the pitch.

BTW: I am no CDK-Fan in particular, i have no idea if he will turn out to be good. but im pragmatic, lets not judge him after only a few months!

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I love it! when i played or trained I too was nicknamed the Irish Maldini :lol: and I agree many of my teammates or friends admired Milan but supported other clubs. I was lucky to have met the daughter of an Italian family on holiday in Ireland (why I never understood) as it was during the summer too ? (even more baffling) for about two weeks. Anyway long story short she used to write to and me to her and she used to send me video tapes of Milan's Serie A games I used to watch the European Cup games on RTE (they would televise them after the english side had been eliminated)

So when s4c and channel 4 started Golazzo ah what pure joy! It did change the landscape of support somewhat but not enough for my liking. I was very sad to see the end of Golazzo even if you didn't always get to see Milan play.
View attachment 12337
I have distinct memories of Sunday afternoon's with that music playing on channel 4 or the sound of Formula 1 cars on RTE (If memory serves me right) It was kind of near the back end of it's run on channel 4 that I started getting into Serie A and supporting Milan. I remember it being on Bravo too around 06 and 07.

Getting actual matches that were broadcast in Italy must have been a real find. Especially as it was probably before internet was as prevalent. I used to have an Italian friend online and I would sometimes send her youtube videos featuring interviews with some of the Milan players for her to translate for me :lol:

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have distinct memories of Sunday afternoon's with that music playing on channel 4 or the sound of Formula 1 cars on RTE (If memory serves me right) It was kind of near the back end of it's run on channel 4 that I started getting into Serie A and supporting Milan. I remember it being on Bravo too around 06 and 07.

Getting actual matches that were broadcast in Italy must have been a real find. Especially as it was probably before internet was as prevalent. I used to have an Italian friend online and I would sometimes send her youtube videos featuring interviews with some of the Milan players for her to translate for me :lol:
Think I remember vaguely Setanta and Channel 5 doing it also??

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Think I remember vaguely Setanta and Channel 5 doing it also??
Yes, I do remember Setanta showing games around 2010/2011.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
lol

I just hope whatever the decision, it is made by the WC. Letting him go into the final year of his contract without a sale would be genuinely disastrous
Tbh, if we want to sell Leao I think next January is the best opportunity to do it, because there's some delicious rising star LW who we can bid (with Leao's money) a.k.a Mykhaylo Mudryk

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope your boss will tell you this bs when you negotiate for salary increment.

If my boss offered me a salary that would not only make me the best payed worker in the whole company (even better than my boss himself) but also one of the best in the whole branch and that company is Google where basically all my wishes are read from my lips and fulfilled and the growth program there was one of the best in the country and I'm basically already very happy and don't feel like changing the company - yeah sign me fucking up what's there to discuss?

C'mon that's one of your weakest troll attempts I have ever seen and the bar hasn't even been that high lately tbh.

lol

True that the Sporting situation certainly complicates things. But they also say that he has to pay 20% of his annual salary per year until it's done. Or at least that's what's rumored to be the formula. So the more he makes the bigger the installments. Either way, it's not like he's going to starve on the streets if he makes 6M net minus 20%.

I agree with most points but what if another club can offer him an ambitious project + the millions?
Say for e.g., City comes calling. They have established themselves as the best team in the world's most popular league. They have excellent scouting system. They have the most sought after coach in the world. They are among the 3 favourites to win CL.
If I were Leao, I would require guarantees from Cardinale himself that he is willing to invest and strengthen the team going forward. I think that will be Leao's concern more than the millions. He will always finish outside top 10 for Ballondor unless Milan is among the 5 biggest contenders for CL.
Maldini spoke about making the next step in the summer but he had a shoestring budget to play with. I feel Leao will stay for the salary we are offering but only if he is convinced about the project.

Well, if City comes calling financially we're out of the race either way, no need to illude ourself 😅

Look, there are no guarantees in life. I don't know anymore if I read it here or heared it in some podcast so sorry if I repeat a concept that has already been discussed. But hear me out:

It's one thing to earn bazillion of dollars at a prestigious club that aims for CL every year while riding the bench and not getting regular playtime at all. It's a completely different thing to still be royaly payed and play for trophies every year (even if not yet CL) while being the shining and beloved pilar of a project and basically guaranteed playtime every weekend.

Theo and Tomori have already had those big league and big team experience with serious CL ambition - while watching it unfold from the bench. Don't you think that's maybe why they of all players were so eager to extend their contracts at not even that ridicolously overblown figures? They know what they missed at Real, Atleti or Chelsea. They know that money alone doesn't cut it. It's the whole package. They know what they have here. They know what family and certainities they'd leave even if they followed the money alone. They know the flipsode of the coin of teams like City or RM who are stacked with talents in almost every position and that some risks just aren't worth taking.

Hakan, Kessie and Donna were yet to make those experiences. I'm sure one day, when looking back at their career, they wished they hadn't left. Because sometimes you only learn to appreciate certain things when you don't have them anymore.

Milan right now is a great and exciting place. It'd be wrong to think that our only pull to keep our stars is money. The players who don't get that will cause us problems like Donna or Kessie anyway, so maybe it's better to (ideally) sell them instead of giving them crazy wages at 17 years.

Last edited:

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Milan have been watching an FC Midtjylland talent closely and they are weighing up an attempt to sign him, according to a report.

According to Calciomercato.it, were keen observers of the game at the Stadio Olimpico between Lazio and the Danish club in the group stages of the Europa League as they were keeping tabs on Gustav Isaksen, who scored.

The 21-year-old was a protagonist in the first meeting between the sides which ended 5-1 for Midtjylland and the Danish winger netted after just eight minutes in the Italian capital with a precise right-footed strike, but they would go on to lose 2-1.

Isaksen has been in the sights of Milan for some time given that the club’s strategy is to bet a lot on young talents. Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara were ‘bewitched’ by the forward, who ‘did not disappoint expectations’.

The right wing role continues to be a problem for Milan as Junior Messias and Alexis Saelemaekers both cannot nail down a starting spot for long, with Ante Rebic and Brahim Diaz adapted in recent weeks.

Isaksen could be the right profile and an attempt might be made in January, especially if the Rebic experiment does not work. However, Newcastle, Arsenal and West Ham are all keen, as are Fiorentina, with an asking price of €20m set.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
AC Milan have been watching an FC Midtjylland talent closely and they are weighing up an attempt to sign him, according to a report.

According to Calciomercato.it, were keen observers of the game at the Stadio Olimpico between Lazio and the Danish club in the group stages of the Europa League as they were keeping tabs on Gustav Isaksen, who scored.

The 21-year-old was a protagonist in the first meeting between the sides which ended 5-1 for Midtjylland and the Danish winger netted after just eight minutes in the Italian capital with a precise right-footed strike, but they would go on to lose 2-1.

Isaksen has been in the sights of Milan for some time given that the club’s strategy is to bet a lot on young talents. Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara were ‘bewitched’ by the forward, who ‘did not disappoint expectations’.

The right wing role continues to be a problem for Milan as Junior Messias and Alexis Saelemaekers both cannot nail down a starting spot for long, with Ante Rebic and Brahim Diaz adapted in recent weeks.

Isaksen could be the right profile and an attempt might be made in January, especially if the Rebic experiment does not work. However, Newcastle, Arsenal and West Ham are all keen, as are Fiorentina, with an asking price of €20m set.
You should see his goal vs Lazio
*Isaksen waiting on the line

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

This is a link I believe in. And I haven’t found much sense in all the links since the market closed.
Young with great potential upside, low transfer fee, low salary. In a position needed, Fits Characteristics wise (speed, energetic, good dribbler, great in 1v1 and all the fixings we want modern players to have).

Sign me Up.

Forza Rossoneri

Milan Forever
Reaction score
lol

Agree about last part.

But how can paying off 8m with a multi year 4 million contract be difficult. A common person pays off a tougher income to debt ratio for a house.

The have a different life but wouldn't 1m or so suffice to get by for an year all expenses considered and exclusively focus on football for two or three years as a distraction. Once it's paid of in say four years he can focus back on making and spending millions.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
What a joy that Barcelona are knocked out at group stages. The grief you can sense over the words certain posters have since typed is so beautiful to see. Their team lost so they now have to attack Milan to try and drag us down too.

Losers.
Man just shut the fuck up!
“the grief”… you are a grown man. Start accepting the fact that everyone here is a milan fan

awkward-side-eye.gif

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
We will pretend he left.
It will be like counting assists that didnt happen.

also, for the 'he's only 21 and came from a diffrent league' excuse kvara is 21 and came from the georgian league where they fuck sheep to relax after practice
🤣🤣🤣
Unserious commode >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.