Official: Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori Thread

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Really fixed himself in our starting lineup. Great all around player that can be a pillar for this team. I hope he has some luck with England, that’ll give him the confidence and boost to become worldclass.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
Kalulu MVP
Probably for second half of the season. I'm worried the sample size isn't big enough. Meanwhile tomori has been proven and reliable for full season and half before

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The black panther!

Simply the best CB in the world
I said this ~ one year ago because he had a really good start to the season and went on to be one of the best players of the season for us. The start of this season haven't looked as good all the time but that doesn't necessarily need to mean he's regressed or become more mistake prone.

His role has become more advanced as Pioli has made our defense more aggressive. It could be because of the CB's at his disposal can handle that type of defending or because we don't have Kessie in midfield anymore or a combination of the two. But what is clear to me is that our defensive shape and approach has changed from last season when we where stacking clean sheets.

Our CB's are really really aggressive and will hunt the striker (or attacking mid) all over the pitch. That's a clear instruction from the coach - they did it already last season but even more this season. I haven't seen that from other teams, could anyone give examples of other teams that play like this?

A CB that was expert at this type of defending was Nesta. Very aggressive, stepped out of the CB comfort zone all the time and rarely made any mistakes. It's up to Tomori and Kalulu to adapt to this now and make it an art just like Nesta did. Until then, we will probably see them in situations where it looks like they've made a mistake, when in reality it's because they are asked a tough task not many CB's can handle and will be "victims" of the team approach. If they do manage to come close to Nesta in this type of defending, we are golden, and if not the coach will probably change approach and play his CB's more like last season.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Best and most good looking cb in the world fits Milan dna.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Really hope he steps his game up because he’s making far too many errors of a similar ilk. Not reading crosses especially and being way too reactive in situations relying on his athleticism.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
3 times more athletic than Kjaer, 10 times worse decision making

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He has not been great recently but he's at the best place to learn. He will only improve with time and plays better with an experienced head next to him like Kjaer.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
On to the next one.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I love him esp his celebration with Balo toure. What a mistake on that second goal against Chelsea. Please a Stam header against juve

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He has not been great recently

He hasn't been great since an injury at the end of 2021.
However he has always dealt with high balls like an idiot, and it has nothing to do with height.
He's taller than Ramos and Thiago Silva, and has extraordinary jumping ability that can compensate for height against taller players. And yet he's still a liability in that aspect because he doesn't know how to predict the ball's trajectory in the air, or he has no idea that a cross is about to come his way until it's too late.

The team was defending well at the end of last season, but he wasn't among the standout players. Pioli fielded an unusually defensive lineup with Kessie as CAM, and our all in on aggresive defending worked when we had strong ball winners, cohesion and an overperforming Kalulu. That is no longer the case.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
e69l1pF.gif

Code:
replay - https://i.imgur.com/co7jst6.gifv

p5Q1LxE.gif

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Should bench him vs english teams, 2 terible vs chelsea.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
You never bench your best players when they are in form.

He was trying too hard against Chelsea and made a mistake. The referee made a bigger mistake and even though it was a debatable penalty Tomori didn't do enough to warrant a red card.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You never bench your best players when they are in form.

He was trying too hard against Chelsea and made a mistake. The referee made a bigger mistake and even though it was a debatable penalty Tomori didn't do enough to warrant a red card.
Well sometimes you need a rest and refocus.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Good player, good person. We are lucky to have such players in our team. He may be not Nesta but he is humble, friendly and loves our team.
How good and fast he learned Italian for an Anglo person, is remarkable.
Such a lovable guy.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I love him. I always loved him.

ACMilanello

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Beautiful clip, love to see when players love to play here and respect the history. Such a likeable guy.