AC Milan - Spezia 05/11/2022 20:45 CET

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
In my view, the referee lost control around the point of our goal, which was not his fault. After that it became a bruising slog and in our disallowed goal he did actually make the right decision, the wrong decision was made by the VAR team in not giving us a penalty shortly after.

The thing is, with VAR, you remove accountability from the official on the field of play to a generic group of referees out of sight and out of accountability. They decide whether a decision goes to VAR or not - so you can't blame the ref for our disallowed goal and not given penalty.

You simply cannot have rules which are subjective - and I know a contact sport has to have some subjectivity but get real - officiated by one person, who is then overseen by another who makes the call (and during that, takes into account whether the original ref is likely to have made a mistake). It is the opposite of accountability and transparency.

Do you know what was the greatest implementation of VAR I've seen - it was the first year Italy had it.

Every handball in the box was a penalty - ergo, as objective as it can be. And with every close offside the referee went and viewed the monitor and decided himself.

Now, how many poor decisions happened that season? I cannot remember one.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Story of this season. We create so many chances to lead comfortably by two or three, but we don't score, opponents get the chance to make life complicated and Tatarusanu is utter dog shit as per usual.

Seriously, Tata, the only time he makes a save is when they shoot the ball straight at him.

Show me one, I dare you, one parade of his where opponents are not more or less shooting at him.

What the actual fuck drove me when I defended him a couple of weeks ago when Mike got injured the first time? Madness? Probably. Worst fucking back-up ever. No help at all. Yes the defending was atrocious. Messias gets nutmeged. Krunic is too late. But what the fuck does he do besides staring at a ball he totally could have gotten!? Like that one goal against Torino a couple of days ago. This goalkeeper can't do a proper save even if his life depended on it. Jesus Christ!
Now now Alo, you cannot blame Tata for this goal conceded.
Daniel Maldini scored a peach of a curler. I doubt even Mike would have been able to touch that curve, and he's even shorter than Tata.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol. I love the salt. I love it.

There is nothing that another fan could do to ruin my enjoyment of a Milan win. Nothing.

To be clear: the intent of this message was to underline that being informed by another fan that a certain player got injured (for example) would not count as I continue to be insufferable over this glorious Milan win.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Daniel Maldini scored a peach of a curler. I doubt even Mike would have been able to touch that curve, and he's even shorter than Tata.
Yeah. That was really on Messias and mostly Krunic. It was a hell of a shot.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
DJEEEEEEEEEEEEEGHOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Thank you for bringing my super pippo no.9 back to life. He's a legend.

And once again, if you ever badmouth Tonali you're a merda fan to me.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I'm sort of sick of these games. Want a nice, clean 3:0 most of the time. These games are not doing me any good.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Mike is explosive af on his feet. I only believe that he'd let that pass when I see it. Unfortunately there's no counter proof. But I'm still convinced this was a curler he could have saved.

That fk from Monza. Those goals from Torino, especially the second one. This one. Give me one proper save. Only one.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

oh my god

yes

this

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
A beautiful goal and assist to an otherwise scrappy win. Bennacer is just the king in midfield taken off because of the first yellow. Tonali what a goal albeit disallowed and a beautiful assist. Milan made this game more difficult than needed but credit to Dragowski and the crossbar for keeping Spezia in the game. Daniel might be recalled sooner than expected.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
This league doesn't know what is going to hit it when Zlatan comes back after Christmas. :IbraH:
Baccala senior?

39d5aeca-5a37-41ef-a9f4-aabed670da45_text.gif

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9

Even Merda fans are in awe of Sandro

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
We scored 8 goals in our last 2 CL games and our attack is in bad form🤦‍♂️.

We struggled in the league after our CL games happens to a lot of clubs especially us because our bench isn't as good as it should be.
Hey that’s nice and all but I post what I see
We aren’t finishing off chances

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Sky Sports Italia Interview:

Olivier Giroud admits he simply had to celebrate that spectacular winning goal for Milan, even if it got him sent off. ‘Inside my head, I am still a little kid!’

The veteran scored a stunning flying volley at the back post on Sandro Tonali’s cross to give the Rossoneri victory at the final minute against Spezia at San Siro, after Theo Hernandez and Daniel Maldini were on target.

However, his celebrations were cut short, as after whipping his shirt off, he realised he’d already been booked and was promptly sent off for a second yellow card.
“It was a good goal and a fine pass from Sandro, we wanted to win this match, we were fired up to the end. The most important thing is that tomorrow we have an extra three points, but I am a bit angry because I am suspended,” Giroud told Sky Sport Italia.

“This game reminded me of last season when there was a mistake. At least this time we won it, we believed to the end of the match and are happy.”

Had the France international simply forgotten that he was already on a yellow card?

“Perhaps I am just struggling to answer right now as I am angry with myself, I’ll feel better in an hour or so. I was furious with myself, but I tried to shut up. I did my job, I put the ball in the back of the net.

“Football is like that, with the adrenaline and joy of giving victory to my team, after a difficult game, in my head I am still a little kid! I had to celebrate.”

His scoring rate for Milan has seen Giroud earn a place at the World Cup in Qatar for France, netting nine goals and providing four assists in 17 competitive games.

“I don’t know if it’s the best moment of my career, but there are moments when you are in the right place at the right time, then I try to do what I know how to do, my life is in the penalty area. I didn’t score for five games a couple of weeks ago, I was a bit frustrated, but I always tried to keep my confidence and work hard in training.”

Considering he is 36 and in the form of his life, how long will Giroud keep playing?

“I don’t know, whenever my body tells me that is enough.”

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Hey that’s nice and all but I post what I see
We aren’t finishing off chances
lot of chances are nearly there. we will score alot if they find better form. messias should share his boots.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Tomori is starting to get annoying. He’s putting his energy everywhere apart from defending.
Also, Pioli: Start Bennacer & Tonali together and please forget about Gabbia, Krunic, Brahim, Origi & Messias.
Maldini: invest.

Grazie.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Sky Sports Italia Interview:

His scoring rate for Milan has seen Giroud earn a place at the World Cup in Qatar for France, netting nine goals and providing four assists in 17 competitive games.
Wait, is it confirmed he's going to the WC? I thought the France squad hasn't been announced yet.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
I want to live a long life. Pioli isn't making it easy.
games like this effect all us in the same way, multiple heart attacks - that Tata sweeper keeper attempt in the first half - please do not try this ever again.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tomori is starting to get annoying. He’s putting his energy everywhere apart from defending.
Also, Pioli: Start Bennacer & Tonali together and please forget about Gabbia, Krunic, Brahim, Origi & Messias.
Maldini: invest.

Grazie.
Had difficulties dealing with Maldini and Nzola. Overall another frantic performance from him

Schedule