Italian Football Thread III

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
If Milan won't win it, ALL THE OTHER OPTIONS ARE HORRIBLE.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think Napoli will make it though. Not all the way till the end.

The Cavani, Hamsik, Lavezzi generation was stronger imo.

That also counts for Roma. Such clubs always give up. The midfield with Strootman, De Rossi and Nianggolan went on winning the first 10 games. Everyone was drooling over it. Resulted in nothing but a participation medal.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

That also counts for Roma. Such clubs always give up. The midfield with Strootman, De Rossi and Nianggolan went on winning the first 10 games. Everyone was drooling over it. Resulted in nothing but a participation medal.
Point wise that was roma best season ever
it was more about juve being on autopilot rather than napoli/roma flopping.

this napoli team getting at least 85points.
But again it could be another Lazio 2019/2020 case. They might come back different after this short break

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Point wise that was roma best season ever
it was more about juve being on autopilot rather than napoli/roma flopping.

this napoli team getting at least 85points.
But again it could be another Lazio 2019/2020 case. They might come back different after this short break
Yep. Juve dominating the league has been very bad for Serie A's overall perception and attraction. No one abroad really likes to watch a league that's already decided. We have seen it in France with Lyon, Italy with Juve and Germany with Bayern. I'm almost grateful to Roma and Napoli for at least trying to make it look exciting. Some of those years really came down to the last 3~5 games.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Lets go udinese
Lmao 🤣

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
He is both a professional and a team player. He wants the best result from the game. But he is also a social guy on the pitch. You see him apologize to teammates if he knows he ruined a promising attack etc. Very likeable character in your group
This. So likeable
I wish we were rich enough to snatch him 😭

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
napoli won AGAIN with kvara out?

but rnb told me napoli still hasn't faced a serious injury

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tbh , I've always liked Napoli ,not a cunty cheating team like inter and juve who sorround the refs. Also don't splash out lots without selling well . Long term planning. They do things the correct way , fair play to them

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
I don’t like Napoli but god healthy victor is a dream.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Mazzarri's Napoli with Cavani & Lavezzi were enjoyable to watch in UCL but they had no depth and struggled to even reach 70 points in the league.
Benitez moved them away from back 3 systems, which made it a bit easier to build depth and consistency and paved the way for Sarri and the 4-3-3 with Insigne, Mertens/Higuain, Jorginho, Allan etc. That was the by far strongest Napoli side of the 2010s imo.

This Napoli side reminds me of Sarri's Napoli. I think it's on par with it, or maybe it's yet another Spalletti team that collapses in the 2nd half.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is both a professional and a team player. He wants the best result from the game. But he is also a social guy on the pitch. You see him apologize to teammates if he knows he ruined a promising attack etc. Very likeable character in your group
Rather have the person blast a shot and smile into the camera every time he ruins a promising attack. :o

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Inter didn’t show up for the first 30 minutes. Then got much better into it in the last 15. Atlanta pressed well and passed the ball around well, but my word, they’re terrible in the final third.
Now let’s hope for an uneventful second half and thank both teams for the draw. If one team has to win it, let it be La Dea per favore.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
some really had the nerve to praise our draw against atalanta and be proud of it:fp: lazio and napoli beat them at home, inter in the course of doing it also.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At least inter winning cements our place in top 4 ...don't think anyone will catch Napoli up . Obviously I think we can come second though

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
dai dai dai, atalanta back in the game