The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The summer mercato was a complete and utter DISASTER e.g. signing CDK for 35m when Dybala was available for free, redeeming Messias instead of signing a proper RW, redeeming injury prone Florenzi and failing to cash in on Pobega or the likes of Krunic + Salad whilst their stock was at it's highest.

Still, I really like the Thiaw signing (relative to the purchase price) and believe that he can develop into a strong player in the future. Obviously he's still extremely young (21yo) but he's in the right place to perfect the art of defending. Very shrewd 'Kalulu-esque' signing from Moncada.
Agree,
i will give more time to cdk couse kid has talent but apart from him and thiaw our mercatooo was more then shit and that after getting scudeto.
Winter mercato for 2 years in row will be 0 eur for sure and it will be like that for long period.
Those who support redshit and cardinalcunt will see what i am talking and wtiring about.
We wont be able to compite with jube napoli or even fucking printer let alone EPL clubs or real ...

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
Insulting mothers when face to face is one thing but doing it while hiding behind the internet shows kojak is as low and useless as a human person can be
Even a cockroach is worth more then u..i would save the cockroach life over your life if i ever got in such a situation

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Insulting mothers when face to face is one thing but doing it while hiding behind the internet shows kojak is as low and useless as a human person can be
Even a cockroach is worth more then u..i would save the cockroach life over your life if i ever got in such a situation
Lol calm down SON and learn to show your FATHER some respect...otherwise I won't send you those barbies you asked for for Christmas :LOL:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Agree,
i will give more time to cdk couse kid has talent but apart from him and thiaw our mercatooo was more then shit and that after getting scudeto.
Winter mercato for 2 years in row will be 0 eur for sure and it will be like that for long period.
Those who support redshit and cardinalcunt will see what i am talking and wtiring about.
We wont be able to compite with jube napoli or even fucking printer let alone EPL clubs or real ...
I think that Leao will be out the door this summer (he's a bonafide star and we simply cannot afford his wages) and unfortunately I believe this will start a chain reaction with Benny failing to renew and Theo leaving the following summer latest (just like Donna failing to renew set the precedent for both Kessie + Romagnoli). Hope I'm wrong. Still, assuming that Leao does leave, his sale should bring in 75m+ and following another top 4 finish (25m+) plus some smart sales i.e. Salad + Pobega (20m), there will be plenty of money to sign two STRONG wingers and a PROPER Kessie replacement (Jorginho is available for free this summer). However, it's fundamental that MMM are allowed to reinvest the sales proceeds directly into the squad and the Growth Decree Tax will help offset salary costs.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
More crumbs for the doomsdayers:

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
More crumbs for the doomsdayers:

im-afraid-ive-got-some-bad-news-bad-news.gif

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
If money's tight, I would be OK with taking Ziyech on a loan with option to buy deal this winter given the slim pickings in the January market. If he performs, we can redeem him for 15m and he'll add some depth and experience to both AM/RW whilst taking some of the pressure off CDK + Messias' shoulders. Sign Jorginho for free next summer to add both quality and experience to central midfield (Italian, champion & Serie A proven) and go all out for Moussa Diaby as the Leao replacement (50m). 65M TOTAL. SORTED.

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
If we cant 'afford' the Leao wages after Gigio, Kessie, Romagnoli and most of Ibra wages are off the books that says it all about Redbird.
I understand not wanting to pay him too much too soon but he is a player that will definitely have a market unlike some of the others we were stuck with in the past.

I also want to see how they handle Origi next season as they are continuing with Giroud and Ibra will probably not exit the stage. Too many low investment moves have just not worked out.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hate serie a for longest holiday on december, why no boxing day ffs.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
If we cant 'afford' the Leao wages after Gigio, Kessie, Romagnoli and most of Ibra wages are off the books that says it all about Redbird.
I understand not wanting to pay him too much too soon but he is a player that will definitely have a market unlike some of the others we were stuck with in the past.

I also want to see how they handle Origi next season as they are continuing with Giroud and Ibra will probably not exit the stage. Too many low investment moves have just not worked out.
contract talks seem to be a pain in the ass if a player demands more than 4mil or doesn’t benefit from the growth decree.
we currently have the 4th/5th highest wage bill in serie a, lost some big earners and still struggle to extend leao and bennacer. really annoying.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Go to your nearest employment office and ask for help

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
True but even a blind man can see that CDK + Adli both have the skillset of potential top players whereas Pobega's ceiling is merely that of a 'good' player in a midtable side. We're in a catch 22 situation because the likes of Kalulu, CDK, Thiaw, Adli, Tonali etc are 22yo or younger and usually players don't hit their peak until much later in their careers. Obviously Kalulu + Tonali have already shown their talent consistently but not every player is the same especially if their confidence levels are low or they get limited minutes. It doesn't help that some of our most promising youth talents are between the ages of 14-17yo either. I guess that's the price you have to pay when you decide to focus exclusively on a 'youth project'.
I find that rating a bit too technique focused. It is true that technique is one of the more difficult skills to fix later but imo it gets overrated quite a bit. There are plenty of Ppobega type players that went for 25-50m and I bet you if he was french-african 1,88 Pobessoko people would hype him.

Out of the three CDK is the most complete player in theory with out a question, at the same time his mental strength is the most concerning.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The latest news is we are about to give Bennacer 4m and he's not on the growth decree. So.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I find that rating a bit too technique focused. It is true that technique is one of the more difficult skills to fix later but imo it gets overrated quite a bit. There are plenty of Ppobega type players that went for 25-50m and I bet you if he was french-african 1,88 Pobessoko people would hype him.

Out of the three CDK is the most complete player in theory with out a question, at the same time his mental strength is the most concerning.
Agreed…and the mental side of things is the most difficult to fix (just look at Freddy) which is why I can’t see him realising his potential at Milan given his mental fragility despite his technical attributes (same goes for Diaz). Also, he plays in a crucial position so unless he gets his shit together next season, I think they’ll look to sign a replacement (just like what happened to Brahim).

Pobessoko :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Nice brain u have :lol:

dont talk about me peasant
Lol Ziyech’s current market value on Transfermarkt is just 17m and he’ll only have 2 years left on his Chelsea deal come summer. Also, absolutely no decent team bar Milan is seriously interested in him plus he’s getting fuck all minutes at Chelsea but yeah, he’s also worth 35m like CDK you complete buffoon :lol:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
For Ziyech, a one year loan with option to buy for 12m should clinch it

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

RedBird technically was not in control of last summer window. Hopefully they are more lenient than Elliott.
We have cut costs and improved revenue. They have no excuses to be not spending.

So far this season, we are closer to a top 4 fight than a title race. Their asset will lose value if we fail to qualify for CL. They are smart people and should understand that.

But Jan window will be tricky. Clubs are reluctant to sell and we are now in a mess w.r.t UCL lists and home grown quota.

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score

So other then us tottenham manutd and ajax all had interest in ziyech
Ajax got told 30 mil

Chelsea told all NO to option and also ziyech himself didnt want option it he preferred a permanent move to know his future

This was all before the world cup where ziyech was the main man for quarter finalist morocco

Anyway.... ur the same person who said castilejo was a very good squad player so no surprise that u severely misjudge the situation

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
The summer mercato was a complete and utter DISASTER e.g. signing CDK for 35m when Dybala was available for free, redeeming Messias instead of signing a proper RW, redeeming injury prone Florenzi and failing to cash in on Pobega or the likes of Krunic + Salad whilst their stock was at it's highest.

Still, I really like the Thiaw signing (relative to the purchase price) and believe that he can develop into a strong player in the future. Obviously he's still extremely young (21yo) but he's in the right place to perfect the art of defending. Very shrewd 'Kalulu-esque' signing from Moncada.
ppl in this forum are silly.
They will defend CDK over Dybala even though there is literally no reason to (other than wages...but then ....Origi :proud: )

Just because he looks good on the ball doesn't mean he's a quality player. Again, not saying that he isn't but I think it's safe to say that Dybala would have made an immediate impact in any attacking position.

Status
Not open for further replies.