Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Anyways, my post was not me turning on Paolo, Id never do that... just, you know, it hurts being where we are.
It hurt spending over a decade of misery (thanks in large part to your heros, B&G). Not sure why you fell that winning scudetto and competing in CL ... hurts?

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Accounting d’or ain’t winning 5 more champions league. Real has double our number. Thank you cash flow statements.

I want us to mint money but our fans are not loyal :o

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Imagine if Vasquez starts vs Roma :lol: And plays like a fucking legend
No loyalty these days... Ive read sum of yr love letters to MM

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Accounting d’or ain’t winning 5 more champions league. Real has double our number. Thank you cash flow statements.

I want us to mint money but our fans are not loyal :o
What are you babbling about?

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is a rather simplistic view of things.

RM and Barca could afford to spend because they have serious financial backing (RM from Spain, Barca from Catalonia). Berlu could not afford to do so, and Milan was not set up to be self sufficient financially (which goes to the real root of the problem). More important, other clubs (RM, Barca, most ELP clubs) found ways to exploit new financial opportunities that opened up around that time, while Milan was stuck with obsolete financial structures, and remained fully dependent on Berlu's willingness to spend money. That is the real difference.

But ... whatever. Clearly, I am wasting my time.

I don't where you are getting all this state backing conspiracy theories from. Real sold their training ground was near the city centre to the state for 400 mi. Then Perez used that to fund the initial Galacticos like Figo, Zidane, R9. After that their revenues started going up like crazy. And that's where they spend from.

And Barca took a lot of loans over the years to spend big, That's why their debt is so big. But their revenues are super high as well. So the debt isn't that big of a deal and they can have team with expensive players like Frenkie De jong, Raphina, Lewandowski,....etc. In recent years they made a lot of mistakes but their revenues are sky high.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
No loyalty these days... Ive read sum of yr love letters to MM
Loyalty to who? And I'll happily author a fan letter to Maldini and Massara.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We should win cl every year but openly shitting on the most glorious period as a Milan fan. You guys are bitches. Of course there were some issues but from 1988 to 2015 it was glorious. We are never getting those 25 years again before Berlu we had 2 Cls and 2 Serie B titles.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don’t want to share a stadium anymore, especially not with a club in financial distress that’s moments away from being seized by their creditor.

I understand the notion of cutting costs in the building of the stadium and all that but we would make significantly less over time if we share a stadium, plus the compounded costs per season we would pay in two teams using the same pitch frequently.

I would much rather build a smaller 45k stadium we solely own than a 60k shared stadium.
Neah, I would rather be sole owner of a 60k stadium :-). A 45k stadium is not .. da Milan.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We should win cl every year but openly shitting on the most glorious period as a Milan fan. You guys are bitches. Of course there were some issues but from 1988 to 2015 it was glorious. We are never getting those 25 years again before Berlu we had 2 Cls and 2 Serie B titles.
I loved my life during Berlu era, until he let the club rot on a stake and made us the pitiful spectacle we very recently managed to redeem. Under new and current management.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I loved my life during Berlu era, until he let the club rot on a stake and made us the pitiful spectacle we very recently managed to redeem.
Gtfo

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't where you are getting all this state backing conspiracy theories from. Real sold there training ground was near the city centre to the state for 400 mi. Then Perez used that to fund the initial Galacticos like Figo, Zidane, R9. After that their revenues started going up like crazy. And that's where they spend from.

And Barca took a lot of loans over the years to spend big, That's why their debt is so big. But their revenues are super high as well. So the debt isn't that big of a deal and they can have team with expensive players like Frenkie De jong, Raphina, Lewandowski,....etc. In recent years they made a lot of mistakes but their revenues are sky high.

They sold their training ground for 400m in 2001 and used 245m of that to pay off their debts.

What people seem to forget is that they also sold their TV rights in 2006 for over 1 Billion for 7 years. Both of these deals helped them immensely.

But there were definitely dodgy deals being made between Real and the City Council. They got lots of help when it came to land re-evaluation.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know its hard to be humble given who we are (Milan ppl) but lets choose moments here... we lost a 19yo & kessie (who the feck are they?)... Leo didnt even lose Mbappe to Real Madrid.

Leo is many things... ineffective he isnt!
Let's see. Leo spent a gazillion euro at PSG to win, what, a few titles in a farmer league and nothing at a European level. He was so successful there that eventually he got sacked. When he was at Milan, he paid a lot of money for useless fodder. And ... you think this is the model of success? Really?

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They sold their training ground for 400m in 2001 and used 245m of that to pay off their debts.

What people seem to forget is that they also sold their TV rights in 2006 for over 1 Billion for 7 years. Both of these deals helped them immensely.

But there were definitely dodgy deals being made between Real and the City Council. They got lots of help when it came to land re-evaluation.
Bruh it is the club of Franco. One of the most successful state owned clubs in the history

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Wot can I say... man of my time
I too am a man of the old Milan I loved and remember the B&G years fondly (with the exception of the last decade of course) but Milan either adapt or die and what would the game of football be without AC Milan ?

We are all romantics about Milan’s history but Milan are building again. The legacy of B&G’s Milan can be reborn and even surpassed but it has to keep going too, through a more measured approach it can be achieved.

Get on the plane friend Milan are on their way back to being kings. Join the new chapter in AC Milan’s path back to the top.

Forza Milan ⭐⭐🏆

Last edited:

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
veerusai.gif

Bought the club in '86... and back-to-back European champions by 1990... more accomplishments followed.
Indeed. The first decades were truly great. The last one was an utter disaster, which could have been avoided. You cannot ignore that

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I too am a man of the old Milan I loved and remember the B&G years fondly (with the exception of the last decade of course) but Milan either adapt or die and what would the game of football be without AC Milan ?

We are all romantics about Milan’s history but Milan are building again. The legacy of B&G’s Milan can be reborn and even surpassed but it has to keep going to, through a more measured approach it can be achieved.

Get on the plane friend Milan are on their back to being kings. Join the new chapter in AC Milan’s path back to the top.

Forza Milan ⭐⭐🏆
This is what I want the most!

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's kind of like the Ex-Ceo of Microsoft, Steve Balmer, made a few billion the day he announced his retirement. He was such a crap CEO that MS shares jumped up a big amount when he made the retirement announcement!! Balmer, being one of the biggest shareholders of Microsoft at the time, made a killing!
I actually met the dude.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A few of us have tried to explain (multiple times) why the spending is not likely to happen. It would be nice of some of you made an effort to try to understand, rather than resorting to endless whining.

The spending by the Chinese owners, which y'all think was great, almost brought us to ruin (close to bankruptcy and sanctions from UEFA), so I fail to understand why y'all think it was that grand.

In any case, I had it. Keep up the whining if that makes y'all happy.

Chinese brought Milan to ruins??? I don't know where you are getting this BS from?? Last year Roma made a loss of over 200 mil. That's bigger loss than any loss Millan has ever made, And they are a smaller club than Milan! And they aren't bankrupt, so how could Milan with smaller losses and bigger revenues be close to bankruptcy!!

Yohong's deals with Berlusconi was to buy the club for 750 million. Out of the 750 million, 500 million was to go to Berlusconi and 250 million to pay up Milan's debt at the time. He also took a loan of 300 mil from Elliott. When he defaulted on the loan Elliott got hold of the club. So Elliott basically got the club for 300 mil and paid another 350-400 for Milan's losses over their term and then sold it for 1.2 billion. Elliott were never going to buy Milan for 750 mil like the Chinese did! To get a club like Milan at 300 mil was a super lucky opportunity for them!!

And even before Elliott took over, Yohong had a few different offers to buy Milan from him, and payoff his debt to Elliott. For some reason, that no one knows, he didn't take the offers and took a much bigger hit by losing the club for nothing!

Now the Chinese did screw up by appointing a really shit management to run the club. Elliot did much better in that respect by having Gazidis, Maldini, Massara...

At least know the facts, before just throwing out stuff like "Milan were close to bankruptcy"? You can't go bankrupt if there are multiple multi-billion dollar groups willing to take you over and fund your expenses, as there were with Milan!!

Last edited:

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The guys always counting every dime when Mg't can't close a deal and think a player is too expensive *cough*cough*Faivre*cough*
suddenly greenlight the buying of a bunch of no-name players: "Relax they're cheap"
:proud:

We better not be short ONE DOLLAR in any future negotiation because we're balling apparently :o
Nah, I’ve always been of the opinion Redbird should release more money available to Maldini and Massara. The way I see it, Elliot first tried to spend(think Higuain, Paqueta, Piatek) and got bit by it, and Covid fucked the economy worldwide, so we had to slow down. And it made the club more efficient and creative/better at scouting. But revenues have gone up and costs have gone down, and since the team is actually good, I was surprised when we hardly spent this summer. I think we’d both agree on that.

I will however always be of the opinion that they should never pay more than a players worth, whether it’s for a youth player or for Leo Messi. That’s the shit that fucked us up in the first place, or a big part of it at least. Faivre is a funny example, he doesn’t play much for Lyon and hasn’t been very good. So yeah… and when everyone here bitched and moaned for the management to pay that extra few million for CDK, a lot of those same people are currently whining about them paying too much for CDK. There’s a flip side to your argument, you didn’t make the point you thought you did bro. I can think they should put more money into the team and still not overpay for any player.

And a random side note about having an extra keeper, like I said this is reactive, as in they’re reacting to an injury problem. Fans don’t think of this stuff but clubs do, they plan for this. Imagine if we wasted some of the budget on a dud like Faivre and then actually couldn’t afford to bring in a replacement for an injured player. Dest is trash but he was that, going into the season they surely thought Calabria florenzi and kalulu is enough. Imagine Tomori tears his acl in training tomorrow and Maldini tells Pioli, sorry dude we spent all the money in the summer, nobody new will come.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Indeed. The first decades were truly great. The last one was an utter disaster, which could have been avoided. You cannot ignore that
Yes... it did get all out of hand near the end. Matters of the heart, you know, maybe it was hard for them to sell.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I'm sure the council must have helped somewhat. At most, the help was in the region of a few hundred million. Probably less than that as they gave up their old training ground which was worth a lot, being in main city area.

So the amount of help they got from the council was nothing a billionaire owner couldn't provide to his club. After the training ground sale, it was mostly smart deals like the TV deal you said, and other marketing deals using the Galacticos! And then after the initial Galacticos they got a new set of stars like CR7, Bale, Modric that kept pushing their revenues higher!

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
This is what I want the most!
In this respect we are all on the same page. Everyone here wants the same thing Milan kings of Italy ⭐️ Milan Champions of Europe 🏆. Envy of rest of the footballing world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule