Vranckx
CDK
Adli

Or the here for no reason group:
Tata
Ballo Toure
Messias
Origi
It’s never as simple as that there are positives negatives and potential ways to view it.

The here for the quota group:
Mirante - serves no purpose
Florenzi - plausibly finished as player ?
Gabbia - ? Unsure
Pobega - can be more useful but a lot of room for improvement.

The here for the future group:
Thiaw - All need more playing time to develop.
Vranckx
CDK
Adli

Tata - until Mike is back! or play Vasquez ?
Ballo Toure - hopeless defender
Messias - way too inconsistent
Origi - appears to be on holiday with Milan

So I guess the <here for no reason group>” just edge it”

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
No offence intended I’m sure besides we are not here for the gratification you are positive about Milan’s future as am I. It’s all good 👍

Liedholm

sugondese
Reaction score
Which group is worse:

The here for the quota group:
Mirante
Florenzi
Gabbia
Pobega

The here for the future group:
Thiaw
Vranckx
CDK
Adli

Tata
Ballo Toure
Messias
Origi
you missed bakayeyoko

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
wait, if we're getting 2 gk's in one market for an injured maignan and a sight-impaired tata, why aren't we injuring both salad and messias?

rw problem fixed in a week

Ludwig

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Messias wouldn't be bought if Pioli didn't rely on him last season.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The inter - Barca business seems weird and suspicious. First they’re almost done with a Correa/Memphis swap which broke down, now they’re suddenly going for Broz/Kessie. That one doesn’t even rrsllly make sense from a footballing perspective. Inter need a Brozovic way more than a Kessie.

I’m 100% sure they’re just doing it for accounting reasons like Arthur/Pjanic. This won’t be a free swap deal, they’re going to value the players at around 40m or something and use to clean up their accounts for the year.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The club’s financial statement says Roma closed the 2021/22 financial year with record losses of €219 million (US$232.3 million). Roma’s total turnover, which was €205.8 million (US$218.4 million), was estimated to have declined by 9.1 per cent, with €93 million (US$98.6 million) coming from TV rights, including income from their participation in the Uefa Conference League. Commercial revenues was totalled at €38.5 million (US$40.8 million), while matchday revenue amounted to €25.5 million (US$27 million).

Budgeted costs for the Serie A outfit increased by 6.9 per cent year-over-year (YoY) to €400.8 million (US$425.1 million). This was largely comprised of personnel expenses, which was calculated at €182.8 million (US$193.9 million), with €150.5 million (US$159.6 million) attributed to player salaries.

Overall, the team’s debts as of 30th June 2022 were estimated at €703.5 million (US$746.1 million), which was an increase of €55 million (US$58.3 million) from the previous year.

1673932375071.gif

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The club’s financial statement says Roma closed the 2021/22 financial year with record losses of €219 million (US$232.3 million). Roma’s total turnover, which was €205.8 million (US$218.4 million), was estimated to have declined by 9.1 per cent, with €93 million (US$98.6 million) coming from TV rights, including income from their participation in the Uefa Conference League. Commercial revenues was totalled at €38.5 million (US$40.8 million), while matchday revenue amounted to €25.5 million (US$27 million).

Budgeted costs for the Serie A outfit increased by 6.9 per cent year-over-year (YoY) to €400.8 million (US$425.1 million). This was largely comprised of personnel expenses, which was calculated at €182.8 million (US$193.9 million), with €150.5 million (US$159.6 million) attributed to player salaries.

Overall, the team’s debts as of 30th June 2022 were estimated at €703.5 million (US$746.1 million), which was an increase of €55 million (US$58.3 million) from the previous year.

View attachment 14089
Yeah, Roma, Inter and Juve are in some deep shit finanancially. They're also in violation of the new FFP squad cost rule. Inter are trying to game the system now with this Kessie/Broz swap. Juve probably are still cooking the books in some way fake selling more youngsters. Roma will have to make some major sales, especially if they don't make the CL again.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Remind me who helped brought to the ref's attention what Zidane did to Matrix? Please and thank you.
I dont know but if you're implying that Buffon did that then I don't see what the problem is.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
If you want to claim your team cares about sportsmanship, then yes. Even when there was no VAR, they know that shit will get reviewed to death later on with replays on TV. So eventually if the ball crossed the line, people are going to find out but he rather get the win now and that is the definition of a cheater.

I was also just being facetious. I just don't want a 44 year old Serie B keeper, even if he is Buffon.
Sounds like you are trying to damage his image. That's definitely not how you define a cheater. In fact the quote you posted earlier showed that he was honest by admitting that he would not have told the ref that the ball crossed the line if he had realized that it did, this is a form of honesty. Seriously, people bitching about that incident sound so pathetic, and to blame it on Juve or Buffon, rather that the referee is ridiculous. I say this and I can't think of many people who hate Juve more than I do, but I try to be reasonable with my judgement and I don't want to sound like a bitch.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Sounds like you are trying to damage his image. That's definitely not how you define a cheater. In fact the quote you posted earlier showed that he was honest by admitting that he would not have told the ref that the ball crossed the line if he had realized that it did, this is a form of honesty. Seriously, people bitching about that incident sound so pathetic, and to blame it on Juve or Buffon, rather that the referee is ridiculous. I say this and I can't think of many people who hate Juve more than I do, but I try to be reasonable with my judgement and I don't want to sound like a bitch.
Spoken like a grownup.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Vincenzo Morabito who is the representative of AC Milan’sFrench forward Olivier Giroud has granted an interview to the microphones of Tuttomercatoweb.com. Here are his words as he explains why the summer transfer window of the red and black faithful was not a failure:

“It has already happened in the past that very young players didn’t do well in the first year in Italy. We can give the example of Milinkovic-Savic or, going back even further, of Platini. In my opinion, AC Milan didn’t make the wrong mercato but they made a transfer market that needs more time to bring results.”

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not changing my mind about what I said or think about the past 2,5 years. But why am I supposed to act blind in front of what's going on right now? Are you guys so desperate to argue for the sake of arguing that you cannot handle positivity force agreeing with you for once? Isn't that exactly what you always wanted? Or is it that you need us to be positive beyond reason because otherwise you guys would definitely sink in the oblivion of negativity?

It's kinda absurd to me :lol:

As far as I remember no one here asked you not to celebrate being back in CL or winning the Scudetto even after months of months of whining because with this leadership we'll never make CL or with this leadership we'll never win shit. At least as far as I'm concerned I've always been happy to find common ground in happy times with you. But weirdly enough now I'm not allowed to say "yes, you were right, errors have been made"?

It saddens me tbh. I don't think it's fair. IMO rethinking some ideas, positions and stances means evolving and being openminded. Rigidly insisting on one stance means standing still and to never evolve. I'm not that guy. I have no issues with admitting being wrong. I don't see that being weak minded. In contrary, it takes way more courage to admit being wrong than to rigidly refuse it.

That being said, I don't think #daPlan has failed if that comforts you :lol: it takes way more than that. I admit tho that summer mercato so far has been a failure and that people like Kessie or Zlatan haven't been replaced adequately with Vranckx, Pobega or Origi (you saw that coming, I didn't, congrats). Combine that with the ever lasting and hellish annoyingly injury situation, overplaying the ones who remain (not only physically, but also mentally) and a GK situation that makes me even wellcome Buffon (my standards have rarely been that low) and yes, I cannot but conclude that we've got some shit to figure out, and I'm not sure things are getting better right away or if they have to get worse first.

Refusing to recognize that or insisting everything was still running fine and smoothly would be stupid. Errors have been made. By the management. By Pioli. But also by the players who sometimes seem satisfied with winning only one Scudetto in their entire career. That is clear. What would you think of me if I refused to acknowledge that?
good post but NOT REPLACING KESSIE ROMA AND ZLATAN ISNT PAOLO S FAULT IT ISSSSSSSS OWNERS,they simple gave him 40 mil to make magic and at start he needed to get 4 new players just to make team fill.
with this kind of ownership we wont make to top again and if you are ok with that i u nderstand but i am not and cant belive club like Milan ended to hands of this fuckers.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

View attachment 14089
This irritates me a lot. Merda, ladri, Roma, etc. are all in financial troubles. They can't afford to build a strong squad. We, on the other hand, have healthy finances and instead of building a team that will establish dominance in Italy for the next 4-5 years, we are giving the Scudetto in the hands of a team that last won a relevant trophy 40 years ago :fp:

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are still well in this title race and CL, the only thing that worries me is Maignan and his recovery as I want to stick in these competitions. Even if Maignan can somehow make it back for game 2 against Spurs as we should be able to survive the home game hopefully

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think at this point we accept our summer signings are for next season/future and we either cut our losses on CDK or give him a second season and hope for the best. "Give him a second season ya sh*t!" To paraphrase Alan Partridge

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are still well in this title race and CL, the only thing that worries me is Maignan and his recovery as I want to stick in these competitions. Even if Maignan can somehow make it back for game 2 against Spurs as we should be able to survive the home game hopefully
what title race,what drugs you use.
we are 9 points behinde napoli 9 fucking points.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Failed Transfer XI

View attachment 14090

Damn, did I just see a CL's contender team here??

And look how 'cheap' the price needed to assemble this one!!

Alvarez : 21m
Fernandez : 14m
Kolo Muani : FREE(!)
Botman : 37m
pobega is better then enzo,sale is better then alvarez and gabbai for botman.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Failed Transfer XI

View attachment 14090

Damn, did I just see a CL's contender team here??

And look how 'cheap' the price needed to assemble this one!!

Alvarez : 21m
Fernandez : 14m
Kolo Muani : FREE(!)
Botman : 37m
This, or something like this, is what I was expected all summer. We wouldn't have spent anything on it because of how much we saved on salaries and amortization from last summer. Instead we decided to lower our spending even more this season by a significant amount, which for Serie A champions, came as a shock to me. I'm justifying it as just a problem of ownership as Elliott hadn't yet officially sold the club and didn't want to spend on their watch, and RedBird didn't have time to settle and make decisions with good judgment. They took the easy option of cheap long term bets (with the exception of CDK who everyone at the club still believes in strongly).

But, yeah something like that lineup is what I was hoping for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule